Horse racing betting sites often have a mobile app or at least a mobile-friendly website connected to them. This makes it super easy to place a bet whilst on the move and out and about. But what makes the best sports betting app and what should you be looking for? Our guide will help you find out.
These horse racing betting apps have been innovatively created to work fast and seamlessly for racing fans, you are able to use your mobile device to find live odds, in-play betting, to live stream races and also place a bet, get a welcome offer, great betting odds and an easy to use betting slip.
Betting using mobile betting apps is safe, secure, fast and enjoyable. Read on for our guide on betting on horses using an app.
- 1 Mobile Phone Apps for Horse Racing Betting
- 2 What Should I Look For in a Sports Betting App?
- 3 Why Bet on Horses with an App?
- 4 What Are The Features of the Best Mobile Betting App?
- 5 What We Looked For In The Best Horse Betting Apps
- 6 Is It Safe to Use Apps For Betting?
- 7 Download for iOS and Android
- 8 Does No Mobile App Mean I Can’t Use the Bookmakers Online?
- 9 Are Sports Betting Apps Free To Download?
- 10 What’s the Best Betting App on Android?
- 11 Does Bet365 Have An App?
- 12 Best Betting Apps Summary
Mobile Phone Apps for Horse Racing Betting
From our research, here is a list of the Best Mobile Phone Apps for Horse Racing Betting October 2020:
New Customers Only. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
New UK & NI customers only. 18+. Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet at a minimum of £10 in one bet transaction at evens (2.0) +. £30 paid in free bets within 48 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. Doesn’t apply to customers who place their first bet on the Virtual Grand National. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. Your first bet must be settled within 60 days of bet placement. SMS validation may be required. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. PayPal and certain deposit and bet types excluded. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days. Full T&C's Apply
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 25x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&C's Apply
What Should I Look For in a Sports Betting App?
Much depends on personal preference but in our tests and through our research we think the most important features of a good betting app are:
- Ease of use
- A wide range of sports betting options
- Live streaming options
- Possible offers for new customers
- A full range and different types of bets
Why Bet on Horses with an App?
You can bet digitally from either an app or from a bookmakers official website. This depends on your preference, but the bottom line is that many of the top sites are accessible via mobile phones however apps often work better, as they are optimised for mobiles. The other main reasons are listed above.
We think you should bet using an app as it enables easy betting when out and about. Apps are simple and you can navigate your way around the application without hassle or fear of freezing and crashing. Many of the top racing best sites also come with both an official app and a mobile-friendly site (mobile site) that you can access from your browser. All the sites we have listed above come with brilliant apps that can be downloaded on both iOS and Android. These top of the range apps are being constantly updated for ease of use and so punters can gain quick access to their chosen reliable racing betting app anywhere in the world.
What Are The Features of the Best Mobile Betting App?
There’s no need for any crazy features when it comes to a mobile betting app. The main thing is to have a reliable, secure and easy to navigate app. Additional beneficial features may include live betting, cashout, live odds and different types of bets.
Let’s take a look at these features in more detail:
- In-Play Betting – this is often available on the official site too, but it’s great to have the option to use live betting via your app. It is quick and easy.
- Cash Out options – again, this feature is available on lots of sites. But you may get quicker access to the cash-out feature.
- Live Odds – a great thing about apps, is that you can easily access the odds as they change.
- A wide of range of sporting markets – the best apps have a range of markets. We enjoy apps that have an app that matches their site and means you can bet on everything from football to tennis, rugby to racing and everything in between.
- Notifications and updates – provide you with the chance to set notifications for offers and upcoming events, so you never miss out when you place a bet.
- Live Streaming – if you bet in play, you could be privy to the live stream, watch the action unfold with a high-quality video stream. Also, you, of course, want to see the racing action live.
- Welcome bonus – welcome bet and welcome bonus to new customers (a new customer offer) when opening a new account, as is normal with any new betting account on mobile or otherwise (qualifying bets may apply).
- Range of betting markets – including horse racing, football betting and more sporting events, there are betting markets for all.
- Different appliance functionality – the apps can work across Android and for tablet betting.
- Payments – safe and secure payments and withdrawals with various cash out options including debit card, credit cards, Paypal betting and more.
- Easy to navigate and use – very simple user-friendly interface.
- Range of payment options – as mentioned above everything from bank cards to e-wallets.
- Competitive odds and best odds – most online bookies all do best odds guaranteed – but this gives peace of mind.
- Safe to use and verified – in the same way that website are verified and safe, apps are the same. It is important to ensure that they have been officially licensed by UK Gambling Commission and other huge licensing bodies.
- Daily promotions – we also searched for mobile apps that offered daily promotions. Many of the top bookmakers are now providing app users with updates on the daily promo. This will keep your finger on the pulse.
What We Looked For In The Best Horse Betting Apps
We looked for all of the features above when selecting the best ones and making our shortlist. We essentially enjoyed apps that offered lots of markets, extra features and a range of bet types. Plus, if we managed to find a live stream capability, that was a great as that is a feature we really value. As well as standard streaming, some allowed you to tune in afterwards with video replays! This is a great feat for horse racing betting sites, it offers customers to stay in touch whilst on the move and if they missed a race they can catch it later. You can simply place your bet and join the action from the live stream.
Is It Safe to Use Apps For Betting?
A common question we get asked and yes, it’s safe to use apps.
We would say to be sure that they are the official apps from the store – you can normally see this by the reviews. The safest way to do so, is to use our links or visit the official bookie site and use their link. If a company has a license and audits, it will be safe. Apps are encrypted and take lots of precautions against potential hacks. Nonetheless, it is integral to ensure that you also use a safe and secure payment options. Utilise the best e-wallets, debit cards and other secure payment types, to protect you from any threats. Another way you can ensure a safe app is to check independent reviews, like ours here or use the app reviews.
Download for iOS and Android
The best sites provide a highly-functional app that is available for both iOS and Android users. To download, simply visit either the App Store or Google Play. It is easy to download the app, search in the store and check the reviews.
You will never be expected to pay for these types of downloads, install them for free.
Does No Mobile App Mean I Can’t Use the Bookmakers Online?
No, most bookies have physical shops as well as “normal betting websites” – apps basically are the newbies on the block. Most online bookies now have app versions as these are more functional and less likely to crash which is why they are growing in popularity.
Are Sports Betting Apps Free To Download?
Yes, the best betting apps are free.
They have a variety of payment methods when you are looking to put money into these accounts, as well as being governed by the gambling commission, to give you peace of mind. The ones that we have selected at the top of the page are all free to download via the correct and best channels.
What’s the Best Betting App on Android?
There are lots of excellent android betting apps around – again explored above – if you are signing up for a new betting app make sure you get your welcome bonus (you’ll need to make a first deposit and place a qualifying bet). Ones that we particularly like are Bet365 and William H.
Does Bet365 Have An App?
Yes, they do – it’s very popular, ease of use and you can live stream all the action too. It’s what of our top picks. Check it out today.
Best Betting Apps Summary
Apps offer a range of benefits and are new to the betting world. They are very popular due to the fact that they are easy to use and can be used when “out and about” and “on the go”. They offer all the same benefits of a normal betting site including a range of betting options, sports, live streaming etc as well as offering new customer offers (welcome offer) should you be signing up.
However, these apps are less likely to crash and are optimised for efficient use so if you are betting when on a tablet or mobile device we definitely recommend downloading one of the apps mentioned above.