The Sandy Lane Stakes is a Group 2 flat horse race for horses aged three and up conducted in the United Kingdom. Every year in late May or early June, it takes place at Haydock Park over a short distance of 6 furlongs. The race was previously classified as Listed.
Check out our guides to all the other Group 2 horse races.
In our Sandy Lane Stakes guide, we will highlight the latest odds, betting tips, previous winners, the ability to watch last year’s race and resources for the Group Two Sandy Lane Stakes horse racing event.
- 1 Sandy Lane Stakes Odds
- 2 Sandy Lane Stakes Tips
- 3 What Happened In The 2021 Sandy Lane Stakes
- 4 Sandy Lane Stakes Previous Winners
- 5 Betting on Sandy Lane Stakes Group 2 Race
- 6 Popular Questions
- 7 Summary of Sandy Lane Stakes
- 8 Resources
- 9 Searches Associated With Sandy Lane Stakes
Sandy Lane Stakes Odds
Here are the latest odds for the Sandy Lane Stakes in May 2023:
- The odds for this race have not yet been released.
Sandy Lane Stakes Tips
Here are some tips for Sandy Lane Stakes in May 2023:
- 2 points to win for TBC at odds of TBC
- 1 point each way for TBC at odds of TBC
Some of the horses in the Sandy Lane Stakes will run in other events later in the year. Stay updated on the horses and place ante-post bets if you want to wager on them.
What Happened In The 2021 Sandy Lane Stakes
The David Evans-trained Rohaan was a shock 33/1 winner of the Sandy Lane Stakes at Haydock in 2021.
The outsider of the field produced a sparkling late burst of speed to get the better of the well-fancied Dragon Symbol, with Umm Kuhltum grabbing third spot in a thrilling finish.
33-1 shot Rohaan wins the Casumo Bet10Get10 Sandy Lane Stakes @haydockraces in an extremely tight photo-finish 📸👀
— ITV Racing (@itvracing) May 22, 2021
Sandy Lane Stakes Previous Winners
|2013||Professor||Pat Dobbs||Richard Hannon Sr.|
|2014||Aeolus||Richard Hughes||Ed McMahon|
|2015||Adaay||Paul Hanagan||William Haggas|
|2016||Quiet Reflection||Dougie Costello||Karl Burke|
|2017||Harry Angel||Adam Kirby||Clive Cox|
|2018||Sands of Mali||Paul Hanagan||Richard Fahey|
|2019||Hello Youmzain||Kevin Stott||Kevin Ryan|
|no race 2020 [a]|
|2021||Rohaan||Shane Kelly||David Evans|
|2022||El Caballo||Clifford Lee||Karl Burke|
Betting on Sandy Lane Stakes Group 2 Race
If you are planning to attend Haydock Racecourse to watch Sand Lane Stakes there are plenty of betting stalls near the parade ring.
Wifi connections and mobile data are sometimes hard to access near the time of the race so always advised wagering any bets online early in the day.
We recommend the following links if looking to bet on the Sandy Lane Stakes betting event:
- Make use of the best odds guaranteed by bookmakers online
- Claim online free betting offers to new customers
- Place bets with the best-rated horse racing betting sites in August 2022
- If placing large bets only wager with max payout betting websites online
- Placing bets on the go then check out the top-rated horse racing mobile betting apps
What is the distance of Sandy Lane Stakes?
Sandy Lane Stakes is 6 furlongs long.
Where is Sandy Lane Stakes run?
Sandy Lane Stakes is run at Haydock Park.
Summary of Sandy Lane Stakes
The Haydock race had Listed status prior to 2015.
It was raised to Group 2 level as part of a set of changes to sprint races in Great Britain.
Searches Associated With Sandy Lane Stakes
- Sandy Lane Stakes Trends
- Sandy Lane Stakes Haydock
- Sandy Lane Stakes 2022
- Sandy Lane Stakes Horse Racing Tips
- Sandy Lane Stakes Betting Odds