A lucky 31 is a popular bet that consists of five selections and 31 bets. The multiple bet is easy to place and offers plenty of opportunity to enjoy a win.
How does a Lucky 31 work? It takes your five selections and places single bets, doubles, trebles, four-folds and a five-fold accumulator.
It’s an exciting bet type, as it provides numerous chances to win and you don’t need every prediction to be correct.
Read on to find out more, as we guide you through placing the bet and what it entails.
Were you aware of how many Lucky 31 Betting Sites there are in October 2020 with excellent promotions?
Lucky Bet 31 Explained
Despite it being seemingly complicated, it is an easy bet to make. We talk you through ways to place this bet further into this article. But for now, let’s talk about the rules of a lucky 31. It is a bet that has six selections and 31 bets.
What are the 31 bets?
- 5 singles
- 10 doubles
- 10 trebles
- 5 four-folds
- 1 five-fold accumulator
Above are the different types of bets that are included in a lucky 31, in total it offers 31 combinations that could see you enjoy some generous returns. You will receive returns from one bet winning, but the more results that go your way, the bigger the winning return.
What else should you know?
- It is a multiple bet
- Also known as a full cover bet
- Five selections
- Popular for horse-racing and football fans
The amount that you win depends on how many winning selections you have. It is also down to the odds on those very picks. If you wish to calculate the winning amount, then use a betting calculator, input the odds, number of bets and results.
In the following example, we show you how it would work if you bet on a lucky 31 with a price of 2.00 on each match or event.
- 0 selection wins – £0 return with a profit of -£26
- 1 selection wins – £3 return with a profit of -£28
- 2 selection wins – £8 return with a profit of -£23
- 3 selection wins – £26 return with a profit of -£5
- 4 selection wins – £80 return with a profit of £49
- 5 selection wins – £242 return with a profit of £211
The odds are completely fabricated for your benefit, we’re showing you an example of how this multiple function. Generally, when trying to profit you will need to get at least four selections correct. If you get just one selection right, you will see a return but it’s likely that you will still be at a loss overall.
Can You Do Each-Way Bets?
Can you do an each way lucky 31? Yes, you can but that will turn the usual 31 bets into 62, this means a higher stake but more chances of a return.
Other Bet Types
Here is the full list of horse racing betting types:
- 10Bet Best Odds Guaranteed
- 888 Best Odds Guaranteed
- Ante Post Betting
- Best Odds Guaranteed Bookies
- Bet365 Best Odds Guaranteed
- Betfred Money Back 2nd
- BetVictor Best Odds Guaranteed
- Betway Best Odds Guaranteed
- Boylesports Best Odds Guaranteed
- Coral Fallers Insurance
- Each Way Bet
- Greyhound Bet Types
- Horse Racing Bet Types
- Horse Racing Types
- How to Place a Bet
- Ladbrokes Best Odds Guaranteed
- MansionBet Best Odds Guaranteed
- Marathonbet Best Odds Guaranteed
- Paddy Power Money Back 2nd
- Skybet Best Odds Guaranteed
- Sportnation Best Odds Guaranteed
- Starting Price Betting
- The Tote Placepot
- Tote Exacta
- Tote Jackpot
- Tote Quadpot
- Tote Trifecta
- Totesport Best Odds Guaranteed
- What is a Canadian Bet?
- What is a Double Bet?
- What is a Goliath Bet?
- What is a Heinz Bet?
- What is a Lucky 15 Bet?
- What is a Lucky 31 Bet?
- What is a Lucky 63 Bet?
- What is a Patent Bet?
- What is a Round Robin Bet?
- What is a Single Bet?
- What is a Super Heinz Bet?
- What is a Super Yankee Bet?
- What is a Treble Bet?
- What is a Trixie Bet?
- What is a Union Jack Bet?
- What is a Yankee Bet?
- William Hill Best Odds Guaranteed
It’s a famous multiple that gives you 31 ways of winning. It offers an exciting prospect, with plenty of ways to win. This means you will have to stake more but in doing so, there is the opportunity to embrace singles, doubles, trebles and accumulators.
Why not give a Lucky 31 bet a go next time you’re looking to bet on sports?