The Winter Derby is a Group Three horse race held at Lingfield Racecourse in February.
It is run over a distance of one mile and two furlongs.
The race is accessible to horses aged four and up, and it attracts a strong field of horses vying for the first big Group Three award.
- 1 Winter Derby Odds
- 2 Winter Derby Tips
- 3 Winter Derby Previous Winners
- 4 Winter Derby 2022 Result
- 5 Winter Derby Facts
- 6 Best Winter Derby Betting Sites
- 7 Popular Questions
- 8 Summary of Winter Derby
- 9 Resources
Winter Derby Odds
Here are the latest odds for the Winter Derby in February 2022:
- There is no open book of odds in the ante-post market for this event yet
Winter Derby Tips
Here are some tips for Winter Derby in February 2022:
- 2 points to win for TBC at odds of TBC
- 1 point each way for TBC at odds of TBC
Some of the horses in the Winter Derby will run in other events later in the year. Stay updated on the horses and place ante-post bets if you want to wager on them.
Winter Derby Previous Winners
|2012||Premio Loco||8||George Baker||Chris Wall|
|2013||Farraaj||4||Andrea Atzeni||Roger Varian|
|2014||Robin Hoods Bay||6||Luke Morris||Ed Vaughan|
|2015||Tryster||4||Adam Kirby||Charlie Appleby|
|2016||Grendisar||6||Adam Kirby||Marco Botti|
|2017||Convey||5||Andrea Atzeni||Michael Stoute|
|2018||Master The World[a]||7||Sean Levey||David Elsworth|
|2019||Wissahickon||4||Frankie Dettori||John Gosden|
|2020||Dubai Warrior||4||Frankie Dettori||John Gosden|
|2021||Forest of Dean||5||Robert Havlin||John Gosden|
|2022||Alenquer||4||Cieren Fallon||William Haggas|
Winter Derby 2022 Result
A first win in the race for William Haggas 👏pic.twitter.com/uH1NCKSMb4
— Champions Series (@ChampionsSeries) February 26, 2022
Winter Derby Facts
- The Winter Derby is a Group 3 flat horse race in Great Britain open to thoroughbreds which are four-years-old or above.
- It is run over a distance of 1 mile and 2 furlongs (2,012 metres) at Lingfield Park Racecourse, and it takes place annually in late February or early March.
Best Winter Derby Betting Sites
Here are the most popular free bets for Winter Derby betting:
When is the Winter Derby run?
The Winter Derby is run in February each year.
Where is the Winter Derby held?
The Winter Derby is held at Lingfield Racecourse.
What distance is the Winter Derby?
The Winter Derby is one mile and two furlongs long.
Summary of Winter Derby
Thank you for reading our Winter Derby guide.
Check out our guides to all the other Group 3 horse races.