The Buckingham Palace Stakes was a new race introduced to Royal Ascot in 2021. It is a handicap over a mile and is confined to fillies and mares aged four years and upwards.
The inaugural running was won by Lola Showgirl, ridden by Laura Pearson. She became only the third lady jockey to ride a winner at Royal Ascot while Trainer David Loughnane saddled a one-two.
Find out more about the Kensington Palace Stakes:
- 1 Famous Kensington Palace Stakes Winners
- 2 Kensington Palace Stakes Odds
- 3 Kensington Palace Stakes Tips
- 4 Key Kensington Palace Stakes Trials
- 5 Kensington Palace Stakes Betting Trends
- 6 Kensington Palace Stakes – Top Trainers and Jockeys
- 7 Betting on the Kensington Palace Stakes
- 7.1 bet365 Royal Ascot Offer
- 7.2 Betfred Royal Ascot Offer
- 7.3 William Hill Royal Ascot Offer
- 7.4 Unibet Royal Ascot Offer
- 7.5 Betfair Royal Ascot Offer
- 7.6 888sport Royal Ascot Offer
- 7.7 BetVictor Royal Ascot Offer
- 7.8 Coral Royal Ascot Offer
- 7.9 Ladbrokes Royal Ascot Offer
- 7.10 Parimatch Royal Ascot Offer
- 7.11 Paddy Power Royal Ascot Offer
- 7.12 Betway Royal Ascot Offer
- 8 Summary
- 9 2023 Royal Ascot Festival Posts
Famous Kensington Palace Stakes Winners
The first running of the Kensington Palace Stakes attracted a field of 18 and there was drama at the start when 7-1 chance Stunning Beauty was left in the stalls. It transpired that the blindfold was removed very late and the filly was deemed to have started, eventually being pulled up by Silvestre de Sousa.
Ed Walker’s Dreamloper was sent off the 4-1 favourite but she faded rapidly with a furlong to run. Laura Pearson had gone straight to the front on Lola Showgirl who fought off the challenge of stable companion Ffion to win by three-quarters of a length. The unlucky horse in the field looked to be Waliyak who was slowly away but ran on strongly to finish a neck away in third.
Lola Showgirl and Waliyak renewed rivalry in a listed race at Haydock in August with the placings being comprehensively reversed. Lola Showgirl was kept in training as a five-year-old where she made her breakthrough at Group 3 level in the seven-furlong Chartwell Fillies’ Stakes at Lingfield Park.
Waliyak would also win a Group 3 later in the season, beating Sweet Lady by a length at Chantilly in the Prix Bertrand de Tarragon. She then finished a close fourth in the Group 1 E.P.Taylor Stakes at Woodbine. Eighth-placed Lights On, a 5-1 chance at Royal Ascot, won the Grade 2 Bet365 Mile at Sandown on her first start of 2023 for Sir Michael Stoute and Ryan Moore.
Kensington Palace Stakes Odds
The 2023 odds for the Kensington Palace Stakes are listed below:
- Haziya – 4-1
- White Moonlight – 7-1
- Improvised – 17-2
- State Occasion – 11-1
- Farhh To Shy – 12-1
Kensington Palace Stakes Tips
Our tips for the Kensington Palace Stakes are below:
- 2 points to win for CHATEAU at odds of 15-2
- 1 point each way for BOLT ACTION at odds of 11-1
Many of the horses in the Kensington Palace Stakes will compete in more races throughout the years. Stay updated on the horses and place ante-post bets if you want to wager on them.
Key Kensington Palace Stakes Trials
Lola Showgirl had won her previous race in a seven furlong handicap for amateur riders at York in May. Runner-up Ffion finished runner-up in her previous two starts, both at Haydock Park in heavy ground.
Punters latched on to the British EBF Fillies’ Handicap at Ascot in early May as the race to follow. Lights On had won that by a short-head from Dreamloper and these two started second favourite and favourite respectively. Although both were well beaten at Ascot, they each proved to be Group class fillies.
Kensington Palace Stakes Betting Trends
The SP of the first three home in the inaugural running was 12-1, 10-1 and 9-1. The favourite was well beaten in tenth place. It was encouraging to see the race attract such a large field with plenty of each-way betting opportunities.
The winner carried just 8st 2lbs and the runner-up 8st 7lbs. Third-placed Waliyak (9st 8lbs) fared best of the top weights. The winner was officially rated 81 in a class 2 handicap rated 0-105.
Kensington Palace Stakes – Top Trainers and Jockeys
David Loughnane saddled the first two finishers in the first running of this race. He will certainly be keen to target this race again in future. Laura Pearson joined Gay Kelleway and Hollie Doyle in the history books when becoming the third female rider to win at Royal Ascot.
Betting on the Kensington Palace Stakes
The Kensington Palace Stakes is currently scheduled as the last race on Day 2 of Royal Ascot. It is impossible to read too much into the first race but it does look as though it is going to be well subscribed and provide another competitive handicap. Plenty of opportunities for each-way betting and perhaps an opportunity for some of the smaller stables to enjoy some Royal Ascot glory.
- New customers for Royal Ascot at bet365 can claim the Bet of £10 & Get £50 Free Bets sign-up offer. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits for Royal Ascot Festival
- The bet 10 get 60 pounds in betting bonuses is a popular 2023 Royal Ascot offer for new punters looking to wager on the Royal Ascot Festival races
New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required.Full T&C's Apply
- William Hill’s latest promo is bet £10 get £30 in free bets, an excellent bookies offer for the big races at The Royal Ascot 2023
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- The new sign up offer from Unibet is one of the best new promotions to take advantage of for The Royal Ascot Festival in 2023, bet £10 to receive £40 in free bets
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first racing bet loses. Wagering: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Sports bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. Full T&Cs apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- Betfair’s free bet bonus is one to take a look at for The 2023 Royal Ascot, offering a totally free £30 bet, available to use for both the Betfair exchange and sportsbook
New Customer offer. Place a min £10 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £30 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- With their latest promo, 888 sport’s offer gets new customers 30 pounds when they bet 10, making it a great bonus to make the most of for the races
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F – A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market – Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- One of the best sign up offers for Royal Ascot, this BetVictor promo of bet 10 get 40 is perfect for new customers wanting to place a bet on the horses
18+ New customers only. Deposit, opt in and place a £10 qualifying bet on Horse Racing at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 3x £10 Horse Racing Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater. Plus, a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw a max of £250. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- Coral’s newest sign up deal for Royal Ascot is for the value of 20 pounds in free bets, a betting offer that’s perfect for those wanting a bet on the big races
18+ Eligible UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- This bookmakers new promotion is ideal for the horse racing, proving 20 pounds in free bets when you place 5 as a new customer, perfect for The Royal Ascot!
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Parimatch have a new welcome offer of £30 in free bets when you bet £5, which is a great promo to make the most of for The Royal Ascot
18+ New Customers opt in, deposit and bet £5 at odds 2.00+ on Horse Racing within 7 days of registration; excludes cashed out bets. Get 3x £10 Free Bets, set events only at odds 2.00+. Free Bets expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply, see below. | begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsiblyFull T&C's Apply
- Paddy Power are known for their terrific betting offers, and their latest promotion gives customers 10 pound back as cash if the bet doesn’t win!
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any market at odds of min 2.0 (EVS) and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion.Full T&C's Apply
- For a brilliant new customer offer for the horse racing, betway’s up to £10 in free bets is an excellent choice
New UK customers only. £10 Min Deposit. 100% matched free bet on your first deposit of £10. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bets. Debit Card deposits only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way.Full T&C's Apply
2023 Royal Ascot Festival Posts
Here are all the related articles to the Royal Ascot Festival 2023:
- 888sport Royal Ascot
- Albany Stakes
- Ascot Gold Cup
- Ascot Racecourse
- Ascot Stakes
- bet365 Royal Ascot
- Betfair Royal Ascot
- Betfred Royal Ascot
- BetVictor Royal Ascot
- Betway Royal Ascot
- Britannia Stakes
- Buckingham Palace Stakes
- Chesham Stakes
- Commonwealth Cup
- Copper Horse Stakes
- Coral Royal Ascot
- Coronation Stakes
- Coventry Stakes
- Diamond Jubilee Stakes
- Duke of Cambridge Stakes
- Duke of Edinburgh Stakes
- Golden Gates Stakes
- Hampton Court Stakes
- Hardwicke Stakes
- Jersey Stakes
- Kensington Palace Stakes
- King Edward VII Stakes
- King George V Stakes
- King's Stand Stakes
- Ladbrokes Royal Ascot
- Norfolk Stakes
- Paddy Power Royal Ascot
- Palace of Holyroodhouse Stakes
- Parimatch Royal Ascot
- Prince of Wales’s Stakes
- Queen Alexandra Stakes
- Queen Anne Stakes
- Queen Mary Stakes
- Queen's Vase
- Ribblesdale Stakes
- Royal Ascot
- Royal Ascot Betting Offers
- Royal Ascot Day 1 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 2 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 3 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 4 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 5 Tips
- Royal Hunt Cup
- Sandringham Handicap
- St James's Palace Stakes
- Unibet Royal Ascot
- William Hill Royal Ascot
- Windsor Castle Stakes
- Wokingham Stakes
- Wolferton Stakes
If you do choose to bet, please bet responsibly.