Are you looking for the best horse racing betting site? We have recently updated our lists of the top-ranked websites in February 2024.
Our passionate online horse racing team, along with selected professional tipsters, have researched, reviewed, and ranked the best online horse racing betting websites.
These racing experts have looked at a range of key factors so that you can find the betting site for all your racing needs. Their thorough review system has left no stone unturned.
Our teams here all love racing and whether you’re watching at home, at the racecourse, or on the move, we all enjoy a flutter on the horses, therefore having a betting site to suit is important.
So, whether you are a shrewd punter or just enjoy a Saturday bet. We have done all the research by comparing hundreds of different sites. The ranking system and results are regularly updated – so you can stay ahead of the pack and are always on to a winner!
Find out more about the betting sites that we recommend and have voted to be the top-rated bookies.
Best Horse Racing Betting Sites in 2024
From our extensive research, below are the best bookies for UK horse racing:
- Sky Bet are a top UK bookmaker that has great coverage of UK & Irish racing – as well as football and other popular sports. Sky Bet is known for having a great betting app, as well as an easy-to-use website, which is why its popularity is ever-growing with punters. The other benefits of betting via Sky Bet are great odds, a good selection of deposit options, lots of different sports to choose from and great Sky Bet customer service. If you are looking to sign up for Sky Bet then check out our Sky Bet review today – could they be a new bookmaker for you? Also, take a look at their new customers offer below, whilst they often have great racing promotions on a daily basis for existing customers. Sky Bet are one of the best horse racing betting site options around. T&Cs apply.
NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY. FIRST SINGLE & E/W BET ONLY. 5P MINIMUM STAKE. 3 X £10 BET TOKENS. FREE BET STAKES NOT INCLUDED IN RETURNS. FREE BETS EXCLUDE VIRTUALS. FREE BETS ARE NON WITHDRAWABLE. NO FREE BET EXPIRY. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS AND FURTHER T&CS APPLY. #AD 18+. BEGAMBLEAWARE.ORGFull T&C's Apply
- bet365 has been voted the best horse racing website and betting app by our followers for the past 2 years. bet365 retained its crown as Bookmaker of the Year at the 2024 UK Bookmakers Awards. The Stoke-based firm has now won the award for a record-breaking eight consecutive years. It is praised for its ease of use, live streaming, customer service and the way it looks after existing bet365 customers. bet365 is a personal favourite of the teams here and they invest a lot into British racing. Check out their new customer offer (sign-up offer) today which is one of the most generous around. Find out more about bet365 today by reading our review, highlighting why they are one of the best horse racing bookmakers in the UK, offering a great betting experience time after time. T&Cs apply.
Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets for new customers at bet365.Full T&C's Apply
Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. #AD Registration required.
- Betfred is the best horse racing website in many people’s opinion. This is because Betfred offer great betting bonuses, superb betting odds, deals for new and existing punters as well as fantastic customer service. All these criteria make Betfred one of the leading horse betting sites year after year. As well as offering Betfred best odds guaranteed, live streaming, cash out and more, their betting app is one of the easiest to use. Find out more about betting with Betfred by reading our full detailed guide about why Betfred is so good. Check out their new customers or sign up offer offer today and find out why it is one of the best horse racing bookmakers in the UK. T&Cs apply.
New 18+ UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. #AD Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- BoyleSports is a top-ranked betting site for horse racing. This market-leading Irish bookmaker has a range of brilliant perks that make it stand out from other leading Irish and UK bookmakers. Boylesports does a brilliant job of looking after their current customers, as well as offering some amazing sign-up bonuses for new customers. Boylesports has a range of great shops but it’s their easy-to-use Boylesport betting app that deserves the most praise; you can deposit and withdraw with ease, bet on a full range of sports and live stream. Find out more about this number 1 ranked Irish bookmaker and check out their new customer offer today and why they are one of the best horse racing bookmakers in the UK, offering a great betting experience time after time on UK and Irish races. T&Cs apply.
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. #AD T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- BetVictor is a top betting site with many loyal punters staying with them year after year. This is because BetVictor punters love the BetVictor betting website and BetVictor betting app, rating them as one of the top horse racing betting sites. The reasons that people have continued to rank BetVictor as number one is a host of reasons including the great BetVictor BOG, live streaming and excellent betting tips. If you haven’t checked out BetVictor we recommend following our links where you can check out their new customer offer today which is valid with any new account being registered (valid for new customers online). BetVictor also has great loyalty rewards another reason for great retention and happiness. T&Cs apply.
18+ New Customers only. Opt in, bet £20 on Horse Racing, 1/1+ odds in 7 days, no cash out. Get £40 in Free Bets on set markets valid 7 days. Debit Card / Apple Pay payments only. begambleaware.org | Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- William Hill is one of the best horse racing bookies in the UK and William Hill is one of our favourites. William Hill are rated so highly by punters for many reasons and the fact they have been around so long is a testimony to how well-trusted and respected they are. The best things about William Hill horse racing include superb odds, in-depth race analysis, best odds guaranteed, William Hill live streaming and betting markets on a full range of sporting events. Find out more about William Hill horse racing in our independent reviews of this top-rated British betting site and also check out their new customers offer today. As one of the best horse racing bookmakers in the UK, William Hill offer a great betting experience time after time. They often have great racing promotions as well as large sports markets and casino games for new and existing customers. T&Cs apply.
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- Tote is one of the best betting sites in the UK and is growing in popularity. With constantly updated and exciting new betting promotions like Tote Plus, its racing pool bet and Tote’s SP Guarantee, it is no surprise that shrewd horse racing fans have voted Tote the number one horse racing betting site again this month. Tote maintains a great presence on UK racecourses, whilst their sleek online betting website and the Tote app display a range of reasons why punters love the Tote, including great odds, live streaming, the infamous Tote Placepot at all meetings, and a variety of payment options. Find out more about why Tote horse racing is one of the best ways to bet on racing in the UK and Ireland and why Tote is the current top-rated sports betting app by our users. Also check out their new customer offer (welcome bonus or sign-up offer) today, valid for new customers online. They also have great loyalty rewards for existing customers. One of the best horse racing betting site options around. T&Cs apply.
New customers online only. £/€10 min stake (if EW then min £/€10 Win + £/€10 Place). Receive £/€30 Tote Credit within 48 hours of qualifying bet settlement. 7 day expiry. Qualifying bet is the first racing pool bet added to the bet-slip. 18+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleaware.org. #AD Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Betfair Sportsbook is one of the biggest and best betting companies in the world for placing bets online. Betfair is a number-one rated website for sports betting due to the many top perks offered; what you would expect from a leading UK bookie. These include Betfair live streaming, Betfair best odds, cash-out options and a full range of deposit and withdrawal options. Betfair offers a £10 free bet on multiples for customers who place a £10 bet on horse racing multiples on Saturdays. This promotion is particularly beneficial for those who enjoy placing acca bets on horse racing. Year after year, Betfair is rated at the top of many sports betting website lists. Find out why many consider Betfair is the best betting app and website in our full Betfair review. Also, check out their new customer offer today and you’ll see why Batfair remains one of the best horse racing bookmakers in the UK. They are perfect for betting on daily horse racing. T&Cs apply.
New Customer offer. Place a min £5 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £20 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply. #AD Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- Coral is one of the best, most established and oldest of all UK bookmakers. Coral has stood the test of time and is one of the best online bookmakers, they have been rated the number 1 UK bookmaker many times in our online surveys. Coral has been voted number one by punters and in independent surveys because of their great betting odds, their extensive sports betting markets, BOG promises, Coral live streaming and many features. Find out why Coral is the number one bookie for many daily punters by reading our independent best Coral horse racing betting review. Also, check out their new customer offer today – as one of the best UK betting sites in the UK – it’s a good one. Customers making a first deposit can take advantage of the offer today which is great for new customers. T&Cs apply.
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. #AD Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Paddy Power is one of the best online and high-street bookmakers in the UK & Ireland. Many punters love Paddy Power not just for great odds, racing coverage, Paddy Power best odds guaranteed, Paddy Power cash out betting and deposit options but also because of their quirky and brilliant Paddy Power TV ads. Find out why Paddy Power is rated the top Irish betting site by punters year after year by both Irish punters and those across the UK. Check out the Paddy Power new customer offer today, as one of the best UK betting sites in the UK it’s a good one, valid with any new account being registered. Read more about the Paddy Power welcome bonus today. T&Cs apply.
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any Football market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion. #AD T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Ladbrokes is rated the best UK betting site time after time in many independent sports betting website reviews. It is easy to see why Ladbrokes is rated so highly for horse racing and sports betting, and Ladbrokes are firmly established as one of the best horse racing betting sites, offering everything you would expect from a trusted bookmaker but also keeping itself fresh. If you are looking for a new betting platform or betting app, Ladbrokes are a great choice. Ladbrokes provides bettors with an odds boosts so that they can enhance the prices of their selections. The specific perks of Ladbrokes including Ladbrokes BOG, live streaming and more in our review, where we highly recommend Ladbrokes for all sports betting. Check out the Ladbrokes new customer offer today – listed below – and enjoy horse race betting with this world leader. One of the best horse racing betting site options around. T&Cs apply.
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £/€5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £/€5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. #AD Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Virgin Bet is one of the top horse racing betting sites so if you are looking for a new betting site we strongly recommend them. Virgin Bet has the range of brilliant features you would expect from all the top-rated UK betting sites, this means Virgin Bet have great odds, live streaming, a range of sports marketing markets and even cash-out options. Virgin Bet covers sports such as racing, football, rugby, boxing and tennis. To find out more about why Virgin Bet is also one of the best online bookies in the UK read our review, where we focus on all of their sports betting options, where you can also check out their new customer and new customers offer options today. Virgin Bet offer a great betting experience time after time so you can place bets safely and easily. A leader in UK horse racing betting. T&Cs apply.
*New members. £10 min deposit & bet on sportsbook, placed & settled at 1.5 min odds within 14 days of sign-up. Win part of E/W bets. 2 non-withdrawable £10 Free Bet Tokens: accept in 7 days, valid for 7 days from acceptance (ex. E/Ws & Multiples), stakes not returned. Bet Responsibly. #AD BeGambleAware.org. 18+.Full T&C's Apply
- Unibet is one the new and most exciting horse racing betting sites UK-wide. Unibet has been voted the best new UK bookmaker in many recent new betting website lists and betting surveys. We think Unibet are definitely one of the best bookies for online betting for a whole range of reasons; including a big range of payment options, live streaming, and extensive UK, Irish and worldwide racing coverage. Unibet is gathering gaining a lot of new punters and fans who all enjoy its easy-to-use website and outstanding Unibet betting app. For more information about Unibet check out our Unibet review today where we analyse this top betting site in more detail. Be sure to check out their new customer offer today and enjoy horse race betting with this world leader, as well as their large sports markets and casino games. They often have free horse racing bets – terms and conditions apply – so keep your eyes open for those. T&Cs apply.
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first racing bet loses. Wagering: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Sports bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- The Spreadex Betting app is the best spread betting app in the UK. The spread-betting way of betting is new on the market and is growing in popularity with punters for horse racing and football. The Spreadex betting app is one of the best for sports betting, offering everything a punter would need, for that reason, Spreadex features in all top betting reviews. If you are looking for the best spread betting options you should definitely consider them, they also have some great sign-up offers for new customers. Check out our full review of Spreadex and find out why they are so popular, you can also check out their new customer offer today in more detail. T&Cs apply.
18+ begambleaware.org. #AD Spread betting losses can exceed deposit.Full T&C's Apply
- Betway is another top UK bookmaker which has made our best online bookie list year after year. Betway is considered a top-rated bookmaker thanks to a range of sports options to bet, great odds, good customer service and a slick betting app interface. Betway has consistently featured in our list of the best online bookmakers and betting apps mainly due to its popularity with its current loyal punters. Betfair have been around for a number of years and it is clear to see where their popularity is so strong as they offer a great betting service on a full range of sports, although they are mainly racing experts. Check out the Betway new customer offer today and see if it could work for you. Highly recommended. T&Cs apply.
New customers only. Min Deposit: £10. First deposit matched up to £10. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bet. Debit Card deposits only. Deposit method restrictions apply. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered.18+. BeGambleAware.org. #AD Bet The Responsible Way.Full T&C's Apply
- LiveScore Bet is a great sports betting site which offers a range of sporting events to place bets on. LiveScore is one of the best UK bookmakers around. LiveScore is popular with professional and casual punters as it offers great deals to new customers as well as looking after its army of loyal customers. It is worth pointing out that Livescore offers everything you can wish from a number 1 rated website, including great odds, BOG, live streaming and more. If you have never heard of Livescore we highly recommend that you check them out. Read our review of Livescore and make up your own mind and be sure to check out their new customer offer today. T&Cs apply.
New members. £10 min deposit & bet on sportsbook, placed & settled at 1.5 min odds within 14 days of sign-up. Win part of E/W bets. 2 non-withdrawable £10 Free Bet Tokens: accept in 7 days, valid for 7 days from crediting (ex. E/Ws & Multiples), stakes not returned. **UK and Irish horse racing win/each-way bets placed after 9am on race day. Max enhancement £50k/day. Bet Responsibly. #AD BeGambleAware.org. 18+.Full T&C's Apply
- Mr Play is a betting website with a different and modern approach. Mr Play has become a leading betting website, gaining fans across the UK. Mr Play has been voted the number 1 best new betting app by our fans previously and has been given favourable mentions by independent best betting site review sites, including the Independent betting review, Gambling.com best betting sites review, OLBG betting site list and more. It has received positive reviews for its easy-to-use interface, great odds, great sports betting markets and range of bet options. If you are interested in Mr Play betting website, check out their new customer offer today. T&Cs apply.
18+, Welcome Bonus: New Players only, 1st Deposit, Min Deposit: £10, max £15 bonus, valid for 14 days, bets must be placed at a min. odds of 1/1 (2.00) or greater and be settled within 14 days of placement. #AD System bets no eligible.Full T&C's Apply
- Parimatch is a great sports betting brand with a full range of online betting markets for hundreds of horse racing events in the UK and abroad. Parimatch is one of the best new online bookmakers for many reasons, they have great new Parimatch customer offers, great odds, live streaming and a good tipping service. If you are looking to find out more about the Parimatch betting app or Parimatch website, check out our independent review, we look at all the factors that make this new bookmaker a leading UK betting site. Check out their new customer offer today and you can experience the great betting service that they offer. T&Cs apply.
18+ New Customers Only. Opt-in, bet on Horse Racing within 7 days of registration. Get your stake refunded up to £30 in Free Bets for set markets if your bet loses (odds 3.00+). Free bets expire in 7 days. Card payments only. begambleaware.org | #AD Please Gamble ResponsiblyFull T&C's Apply
These recommended betting sites excel in user-friendly deposit and withdrawal processes, competitive odds, enhanced opportunities for each-way bets, enticing new customer offers, live race streaming, and an array of additional perks.
Also, if you are looking to wager bets on Irish racing, check out our list of the best bookies for horse races in Ireland.
Best Horse Racing Betting Site Awards 2024
The British Racecourses Awards for best horse racing betting websites:
🏆 Best horse racing betting site for casual and weekend punters
🏆 Best site for professional punters
🏆 Best horse racing betting site for tips
🏆 Best betting website for ongoing offers
🏆 Best betting site for live streaming
- Winner – William Hill
- Runner up – bet365
🏆 Best for money-back specials
🏆 Best horse racing betting site for spread betting
- Winner – Spreadex
🏆 Best horse racing site for betting pools
- Winner – Tote
🏆 Best horse racing site for customer service
- Winner – Ladbrokes
🏆 Best overall horse racing betting site UK
- Winner – Boylesports
- Runner up – bet365
🏆 Best overall horse racing betting site Ireland
Top 12 Betting Websites for UK Horse Racing in 2024
Our team has registered and wagered bets with all the leading UK horse racing websites. Here is our list of the best UK horse racing betting sites:
All of our list of top-rated betting websites is secure with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates and trusted domains.
Top 9 Betting Websites for Irish Horse Racing 2024
Here is our list of the top-rated nine websites for wagering bets on horse racing in Ireland.
All the best-rated horse race bookmakers for Irish Racing are secure with “https” rather than “http.”
The https lets you know that all your communication and data is encrypted as it passes from your browser to the website’s server.
Betting Websites vs Betting Apps
The main difference between betting websites and betting apps is the website’s accessibility, which can be accessed from a wide range of devices with internet connectivity, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
Here are some advantages of using a website over a mobile app for racing betting:
- No Installation Required: Unlike mobile apps, websites do not require users to download and install software, which can save storage space on your device and eliminate the need for updates.
- Compatibility: Websites are typically designed to be compatible with various web browsers, making them accessible to a broader audience, including users with different devices and operating systems.
- Cross-Platform Experience: Websites can offer a consistent experience across different devices and operating systems, ensuring that users receive the same functionality and features regardless of how they access the platform.
- Search Engine Visibility: Websites can be discovered through search engines, making it easier for potential users to find the betting platform. This can be beneficial for attracting new customers.
- Accessibility for All Users: Websites can be designed with accessibility in mind, ensuring that individuals with disabilities can use the platform with the assistance of screen readers and other accessibility tools.
- Quick Access: Users can quickly access the betting platform by entering the website’s URL in their browser, eliminating the need to search for and launch a specific app.
- No App Store Restrictions: Mobile apps often need to meet the guidelines and approval processes of app stores (e.g., Apple App Store, Google Play Store). Websites do not have these limitations, allowing operators more freedom in their offerings.
- User Experience: Websites can offer a rich and interactive user experience, including features like live streaming, in-depth statistics, and betting tools, which can be accessed seamlessly through a web browser.
- Updates and Maintenance: Operators can make updates to the website without requiring users to download and install new versions, ensuring that users always have access to the latest features and information.
The choice between a website and a mobile app for horse racing betting ultimately depends on user preferences and the specific features offered by the betting platform. Some users may prefer the convenience of a mobile app, while others may opt for the versatility and accessibility of a website.
How We Choose the Best Horse Betting Sites in the UK?
Our selection process to choose the best UK racing betting sites meticulously considers vital factors, including enticing welcome offers, best odds guarantee, extra places, enhanced odds, and the latest standout deals as of February 2024. This thorough evaluation ensures a comprehensive overview of the options available.
The UK boasts a fiercely competitive market of top-tier racing bookmakers, fueled by the country’s hosting of renowned racing events such as Royal Ascot, the Cheltenham Festival, Grand National, and Glorious Goodwood. In this vibrant landscape, punters in the UK and Ireland are spoiled for choice with a plethora of high-quality bookmakers specialising in racing.
To compile our top 10 list, our knowledgeable team of sports bettors and shrewd punters conducted in-depth reviews of the leading horse racing betting sites, providing a curated guide for enthusiasts.
Here is what we specifically looked at when selecting the best gambling sites:
A welcome bonus is a key factor when signing up to a new betting site.
We look out for enticing “welcome offers” or “welcome bonuses” for new customers. These exclusive sign-up promotions are a one-time opportunity available upon registering an account.
Typically, the prevailing welcome offer in the betting market manifests as either a free bet or a money-back incentive tied to a qualifying bet. We diligently track and highlight the latest and most rewarding welcome offers to enhance your betting experience.
While these initial promotions capture attention, it’s essential not to overlook other crucial factors. Our selection process considers a comprehensive range of elements beyond welcome bonuses, ensuring a well-rounded assessment for an informed choice.
TIP – Grab yourself a generous welcome offer when you sign up to a betting website to make your initial deposit go further. The singup bonuses are great incentives for new punters, some wagering requirements may be required.
Promotions for Existing Customers
You should take into account promotions for existing customers, it will give you an idea of how well you will be looked after.
Unlock a world of ongoing value with promotions tailored for existing customers in the UK. These exclusive deals and offers become available once you’ve signed up, enhancing your betting experience.
Stay in the loop as bookmakers regularly notify you of eligible deals through personalised messages. Explore a variety of promotions, including money-back offers, reduced-risk bets, free bets, and enhanced odds. The perks aren’t limited to UK racing; you can often extend them to diverse betting options like football, rugby, tennis, casino bonuses, X-Factor results, and more.
Our recommended betting websites stand out for their robust offerings of ongoing deals and promotions, ensuring that you enjoy a dynamic and rewarding betting journey beyond your initial sign-up.
TIP – When looking for a betting website, look beyond the initial offers and check out if they often on-going specials for existing customers.
Free Bets – Unlock Exciting Opportunities
Free bets are also key to look out for.
Occasionally, you’ll find yourself the recipient of a valuable gift in the form of a free bet or even multiple free bets, adding a boost to your online betting account.
These free bets may come with specific conditions, such as being tailored to a particular horse racing bet type or event. Be sure to review the terms and conditions of each unique offer to make the most of this opportunity.
Embrace the excitement and potential gains that come with free bets — a fantastic addition to your online betting experience. Learn more about the specific details and enjoy the perks of these offers for an enhanced betting journey.
TIP – Similar to ongoing special offers, a free bet is a nice extra to have on your horse racing betting account. All of the recommended accounts we mention throw in a free bet from time to time to keep existing customers happy.
Best Odds Guaranteed
Most bookies offer Best Odds Guaranteed, this a perk that gives punters peace of mind.
Lots of online bookies now offer best odds guaranteed for betting on racing and this is pretty standard across most established leading online bookmakers and it basically means you are paid at the best odds rather than the fixed odds when you place your bet.
It is basically a ‘best-priced match’ scheme. Under this arrangement, if your selected horse wins (or places, depending on your bet), and another bookie offers more favourable horse racing odds, you’ll receive your payout at the more generous price.
The below bookmakers have the best odds guaranteed (BOG) on horse racing:
- Paddy Power best odds guaranteed
- Betfair best odds guaranteed
- bet365 best odds guaranteed
- William Hill best odds guaranteed
- Coral best odds guaranteed
- Ladbrokes best odds guaranteed
- Betfred best odds guaranteed
You’ll also find that all of the bookies on our list have a best-odds guarantee. This ultimately lets punters take an early price, but if the odds are bigger at the start of the race, it is the bigger odds that will be paid out. This is a perk of online betting is one that you won’t get when betting in person at a betting shop.
In truth, the best odds promise (best odds guaranteed) is one of the main reasons why betting on horses online is generally a smarter and better option.
TIP – We’re now seeing that all the top bookmakers offer a best odds guarantee across horse racing markets this is another great perk to betting online.
As a special offer some bookies also do money-back offers on certain races and runners, so be sure to keep an eye out for them!
Some do betting ‘without the favourite’ or cashback if you are beaten by the favourite.
Others do money back if you finish second (for example Paddy Power money-back second) or on national hunt racing, money back if your horse falls, unseats or is brought down (such as the Coral Faller Insurance).
Money-back offers aren’t a mega factor when considering the best site for racing but they are fun and are a good gesture to ease a defeat!
TIP – Not the most significant factor when choosing an online horse race betting site but money-back offers are better than a kick in the teeth a bit of fun.
Mobile Betting Apps
Mobile betting apps are a key addition to all the best UK horse racing sites.
As well as betting through the websites, most of the top bookmakers have very easy-to-use betting apps for horse racing, these offer all the perks of the full website versions but often work better on a mobile device and in tablet formats.
All of our recommended bookmakers can be accessed from your phone and bets placed securely on selected races. Whether you have an iOS or Android device, you will be able to enjoy these sites from your phone or tablet.
TIP – Betting apps are growing and are an important part of being able to bet online. A top horse racing betting app will offer live streaming on the go and a full range of bets. These are an important factor in selecting a good horse racing betting website so that you can watch all your racing on the move.
Extra oplaExtra place betting is another perk to look out for from the leading betting websites for racing in the UK.
Particularly during the big racing festivals such as the Cheltenham Festival, Royal Ascot and Aintree – as well as big races such as the Grand National – many online bookies offer some great offers and enhanced places.
Sometimes these are advertised on TV or you may see them advertised as ‘specials’ on your account. Keep your eye out for them as they are good value for money for UK punters.
Some bookies also offer extra places, even on a daily basis for some races. Some rather than paying out the standard 2,3 or 4 places, they will pay up to 7 places (obviously this will affect the odds) but is great for competitive handicap races and in big fields such as the Ayr Gold Cup, Northumberland Plate and the Coral Gold Cup.
TIP – Enhanced places are a good feature offered by many and a way of ensuring you get the best odds on the big races.
We believe that live streaming is a pivotal aspect of horse racing betting, providing you with the thrill of watching your chosen race unfold in real-time. The top-tier online horse racing betting sites in the UK prioritise live streams, ensuring you can witness the action live and on-the-go.
At British Racecourses, our passion for betting is inseparable from the joy of watching horses race. Live streaming is crucial because, without platforms like Racing TV or ITV, you risk missing that crucial final race or your standout tip of the day – a potentially frustrating scenario!
Whether it’s the glamour of Royal Ascot, the excitement of the US Triple Crown, or the thrill of midweek jump racing in the UK and Ireland, live streams ensure you never miss a moment. Importantly, live streaming isn’t confined to mobile devices; you can also enjoy it seamlessly on your PC, providing a versatile and immersive experience.
The coverage normally starts about a minute before the race, so make sure you are ready and waiting so you don’t miss out!
TIP – A superb way to racing live and other sports, streaming was once a rarity but now it’s offered by most leading sports betting apps.
Multiple Sports Betting Markets
A range of sports betting markets is another factor many look out for. Whilts, the finest bookies don’t just excel in horse racing markets; they offer a plethora of betting options that go beyond the UK racing scene.
With the bookies we have chosen, you’ll discover bookmakers that not only cater to horse racing enthusiasts but also provide an extensive selection of events across various sports. While we all anticipate the excitement of major racing events, those who relish betting often find joy in exploring a broader spectrum of sports, including football, tennis, golf, and even reality TV.
Our selected bookmakers not only shine in their horseracing coverage but also prove to be exceptional across various sports. Embrace the versatility offered by these platforms, ensuring a comprehensive and enjoyable betting experience beyond the thrilling world of horse racing.
TIP – In our choices, we haven’t just selected a good horse racing betting website but something that is great for a full range of sports.
You’ll want the best horse racing racecards from your online betting sites.
All of the best horse racing betting sites we have selected are brilliant at listing all the runners and riders in their racecards with trainers, form, colours, up-to-date news on any non-runner horses, selection odds etc. – basically, all the information you would need to make an informed betting decision.
Also, check out our guide on how to pick a winning horse.
TIP – all the selected merchants offer outstanding insights into runners and rider, trainer and horse form, colours, tips, naps and more at meetings from a weekday at Chester to The Grand National and Royal Ascot!
Trusted Payment Methods
Trusted payment methods are key when it comes to finicial transactions.
All of the top UK bookmakers listed provide safe and secure payment methods in your betting account.
Again, this may seem like an obvious need, but here at British Racecourses, we like simple and easy ways to both deposit money and also get your winnings back from a sports betting website.
All horse racing bookmakers online in February 2024 make payments for betting simple, with a range of options which can include betting via phone bill and other methods including Apple betting, Boku betting, Paypal betting, debit card, prepaid cards and more. Most happen within 24 hours.
Most bookmakers offer super-easy options; you can store a card on your account so that you don’t have to keep entering your banking details. Some further terms may apply, so always check individually. Payment restrictions apply when abroad, especially with e-wallets.
TIP – We like ease of use here! So all the selected sports betting websires all have a very easy deposit and most importantly withdrawal methods.
You should always set betting limits.
At the heart of a positive betting experience lies the importance of fun and responsible gambling within your personal limits, especially when engaging with a horse racing site.
Responsible horse race punters often choose to set in-play betting and daily limits on their accounts. This proactive measure allows for easy control over the amount you wager on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. By doing so, you can manage your budget effectively, ensuring a seamless betting experience without any unexpected surprises. For new customers setting up an account, we highly recommend incorporating this practice to foster responsible and enjoyable betting habits.
TIP – always be in control of your online betting, so we recommend setting personal limits and controls from the moment you open an account. Always remember to bet responsibly and have fun!
Getting good online customer service is also a key factor.
Again, seems a small thing, but betting online you’ll also get round-the-clock support on your betting account. This is unlike a bookmaker in the high street shop or one at a racecourse.
In many cases, this increased level of customer service is available 24 hours a day with helpers online who can answer any questions that you may have.
The majority of online bookmakers we have chosen including Paddy Power, Betfred, Ladbrokes, MansionBet and William Hill are superb as they have both customer service phone numbers, as well as online help and messaging systems as well.
TIP – Customer service and round the clock support is invaluable for punters, particularly if something has gone wrong with your online account and you need quick answers.
In-play betting has witnessed a surge in popularity, captivating punters who relish the excitement of watching events unfold live and making informed betting decisions on the spot.
Our selected bookmakers not only embrace this trend but elevate your in-play experience. Explore our dedicated page for a detailed insight into in-play betting, available not only for horse racing but also for thrilling football markets.
Delve into the excitement of bet boosts and bet builder options, introducing novel ways to elevate your online betting experience. Plus, discover the added perk of using welcome offer credits on these innovative bets, providing an extra layer of excitement to your daily racing engagements.
Betting on Other Sports
Betting on other sports is key for many punters when opening new accounts.
When you venture into the world of online betting, it’s not just about horse racing; the possibilities extend far beyond. Opening an online account grants you access to a myriad of sports betting opportunities, coupled with enticing offers that cater to a diverse range of sports. No bookie is exclusively a horse racing bookmaker.
We’ve handpicked websites and top bookmaker options that excel in horse racing betting. However, they also shine across an extensive spectrum of sports – from tennis to football, greyhound racing to rugby, golf to casino bonus games, water-polo to athletics, and even reality TV! These platforms offer everything you could desire from a betting site, with some even providing the added thrill of spread betting.
Although betting on the horses is our number one passion, the betting sites we have shown are not just great in that area. We have selected a number of sites that are brilliant across a full range of sports.
Are the Betting Sites Secure For My Money?
The betting sites we picked are secure for your money.
We only picked top racing betting sites (UK-based betting sites horse racing) that are safe and secure. They all have a recognised license and lots of responsible online gambling help and guides.
With many sites, geo-restrictions apply – as betting is not allowed in some countries – so if you are travelling be sure to check these out if you want to bet abroad.
Here are a few tips for checking if a site is secure:
- SSL – all sites of this nature should be secured with an SSL certificate, with the address starting with https rather than http. This means it is encrypted against potential hackers.
- License – a legitimate site will require a license. This needs to be a Malta Gaming Authority, Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner or UK Gambling Commission license.
- External Audits – some new horse racing betting sites go the extra mile and volunteer to allow external audits to randomly audit the site, this includes companies such as eCogra.
In a world of cyber attacks and heighten online security, especially when financial transactions are involved you’ll want to make sure that your money is in safe hands. Our teams have done their due diligence but it’s always recommended for peace of mind that you do this yourself as well.
Betting Abroad Options
Engaging in betting while abroad or on holiday is a pleasure for many punters, and we’ve made sure to select bookies that accommodate this desire. Our chosen bookmakers not only support betting abroad but also extend their offerings to include bets on international horse racing.
All the horse racing betting websites we’ve carefully selected boast exceptional coverage of UK and Irish horse racing. This translates to the ability to place bets on races in the UK, Ireland, and international tracks such as those in France, Dubai, the US, Australia, and more.
With many world-class horse races across the globe such as the Dubai World Cup, Melbourne Cup, The Pegasus World Cup, Kentucky Derby, Durban July Handicap, The Cheltenham Gold Cup and The Arc it would be a real shame to miss out.
It’s worth noting that the ability to bet when abroad depends on your location and local regulations. However, horse racing markets are accessible globally, ensuring you can enjoy the excitement of betting on races no matter where you are in the world.
If you are permitted to bet when abroad will be dependent on what country you are in. Horse racing markets are available all over the world.
Horse racing is a truly global sport so the racing betting sites in February 2024 that we have chosen cover racing across the globe. You’ll find horse races going on somewhere, someday most days of the year.
License – Are The Betting Sites Listed Legal?
All the betting sites we list are legal.
We check and only recommend bookies that have been registered with the likes of:
- UK Gambling Commission
- Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner
- Malta Gaming Authority
All booking sites need to be registered in this way, racing in the UK and gambling are regulated for peace of mind at all times.
We have done the homework in our best horse racing betting website guide, all the top horse racing betting sites lists are of course legal – so as new players, you know you and your money is in safe in hands.
Horse Racing Bet Types Available Online
There are lots of horse racing bet types online that you can enjoy on the horses with UK and Irish racing.
There really is something for everything from basic single bets to more complex, Lucky 15s, a Trixie bet, trifecta, superfecta, forecasts and even one called a Goliath – there is a huge range from simple to exotic bets! Horse racing sites offer them all (full range of horse racing multiple bets) as well as more standard popular horse racing bets.
Pool betting is also a fun and new way to bet for many punters with a range of markets to choose from on football or horse racing, one of the best racing bets around at the moment on top of horse racing promotions. Look out for price boosts as well on chosen horse racing sites.
Bet Builder bets a new way to bet online and many punters love them, as it allows a punter to create their own unique bet and are available on most horse race betting sites.
Summary of the Best UK Horse Racing Betting Websites in February 2024
Thanks for checking out our guide on the best racing betting sites. We hope it helped you make a smart choice before signing up for online betting. Our experts went through each site to rate them.
There are many sites to choose from for horse race betting, and your decision will depend on what you’re personally looking for, as each site has something a bit different. You can use the links or read our detailed reviews for more info on each UK betting website.
In short, there are great offers available for new customers in online horse racing betting right now. Most sites offer a good welcome bonus, free bets, excellent racing odds (even if you bet in advance), a variety of sports betting options, extra payouts, bonus bets, live streaming, horse racing match betting, form guides, daily horse racing betting offers, ongoing bet credits, and more. There’s something for everyone, whether you bet yearly at Royal Ascot or every day.
We hope you find what you are looking for!
Please remember that betting and the world of horse racing online should always be fun so please gamble responsibly, enjoy and good luck from all the team here at British Racecourses.
Topics covered – horse racing betting offers for uk and irish races, uk horse racing betting, horse racing betting markets, horse racing odds with other horse racing bookmakers, best betting sites in the UK, horse racing betting promotions in our best horse racing betting sites guide.