More places being paid for each way bets mean more chances to land a profit when wagering money on the horses.
Many punters enjoy following the horse racing outsider tips or dark horses with good chances but as they are deemed longshot tips it is advised to try and source the best bookmakers that offer additional places on each-way bets, this increasing your chances of a return.
In our Best Bookies For Extra Places guide, we list all the top-rated betting sites offering additional places for EW terms. Extra places are especially helpful in big fields.
Find out more about the best bookmakers offering extra places:
- 1 Best Extra Places Betting Sites
- 1.1 Coral Extra Places
- 1.2 bet365 Extra Places
- 1.3 Paddy Power Extra Places
- 1.4 Ladbrokes Extra Places
- 1.5 William Hill Extra Places
- 1.6 Betfred Extra Places
- 1.7 Sky Bet Extra Places
- 1.8 Betfair Extra Places
- 1.9 Unibet Extra Places
- 1.10 888sport Extra Places
- 1.11 BoyleSports Extra Places
- 1.12 BetVictor Extra Places
- 1.13 Parimatch Extra Places
- 2 Standard Horse Racing Place Terms
- 3 What Are Today’s Extra Place Races?
- 4 Which Bookies are Paying 5 Places?
- 5 Which Bookies are Paying 6 Places?
- 6 Which Bookies are Paying for 7 Places?
- 7 Which Bookies are Paying for 8 Places?
- 8 How Does An Each Way Bet Work?
- 9 How Do You Place An Each Way Bet?
- 10 Standard Each Way Place Terms
- 11 Best Each Way Promotions
- 12 Summary of the Best Bookmakers for Each Way Betting
- 13 Other Bookies Offering Extra Places
Best Extra Places Betting Sites
From our research here is the list of best betting sites paying extra places on each way bets.
- Get more chances to win big with Coral’s Extra Places promotion! Coral offers extra places on selected races, meaning you could win on EW bets even if your horse doesn’t finish in the top few positions.
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. #AD Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Bet365’s Each Way Extra betting feature gives you the option to increase or decrease the number of places in a race when you are betting Each Way on selected Horse Racing.
18+. begambleaware. Terms and conditions apply. #AD Registration required.Full T&C's Apply
- Paddy Power is offering extra places on selected horse races. Take advantage of this promotion by placing an E/W bet and increase your chances of winning big.
Must be 18+. Welcome offers are for new players only. Paddy Power casino allows Paysafecard deposits and withdrawals. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- Ladbrokes offer extra places promotions on selected horse races, sometimes paying out up to six places at odds of 1/5. Check their website for specific terms and conditions.
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £/€5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £/€5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. #AD Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- William Hill is known to pay out on extra place positions (4, 5, 6 places) most often, making it an excellent option for punters looking to take advantage of extra places promotions. Don’t miss out on the chance to make a profit where you would usually miss out!
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- Betfred is offering extra places on select horse races, allowing bettors to win big with each-way bets. Join the action and increase your chances of winning with Betfred’s extra place promotion.
New 18+ UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. #AD Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Sky Bet offers extra places on selected horse races, giving you more chances to win big. Take advantage of this promotion to increase your odds of a payout with some races paying out on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th.
NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY. FIRST SINGLE & E/W BET ONLY. 5P MINIMUM STAKE. 3 X £10 BET TOKENS. FREE BET STAKES NOT INCLUDED IN RETURNS. FREE BETS EXCLUDE VIRTUALS. FREE BETS ARE NON WITHDRAWABLE. NO FREE BET EXPIRY. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS AND FURTHER T&CS APPLY. 18+. #AD BEGAMBLEAWARE.ORGFull T&C's Apply
- Betfair offers extra places on select horse racing events, allowing customers to place each-way bets with an increased chance of winning. For example, they often pay out if your horse is placed in fourth position.
New Customer offer. Place a min £5 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £20 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply. #AD Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- Unibet offers an extra place promotion for horse racing events and sometimes pays 4th, 5th and 6th places on e/w bets. The terms and conditions for this offer may vary depending on the specific event.
1) This promotion is available until further notice. No opt-in is required.Full T&C's Apply
2) In the event of an extra place(s) concession, Unibet reserves the right to change the place dividend. In the event of withdrawals, the extra place concession may reduce proportionately.
3) In order to qualify for 5 places at 1/5 odds then 16 or more runners must start. In order to qualify for 4 places at 1/5 odds, 12 or more runners must start.
4) If 11 runners or less start then normal each way places apply.
5) Extra place races available from the morning of the race.
6) Races with extra each way places applied will not qualify for Best Odds Guaranteed (BOG)
7) Click here for full Unibet Racing terms.
(No BOG – best odds guaranteed does not apply to extra place races).
18+ begambleaware.org. #AD
- 888Sport is a great option for promotional offers such as extra place races for each way betters. When you place an each way bet, you can often be paid out if your horse finishes 4th and 5th.
Min deposit £10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes not included in returns • Money Back Offer: New & existing customers • Place a bet of £1 or more on any horse in the advertised race • Only your first bet on the race winner market will count • If your horse finishes 2nd, we will refund up to £20 of your stake as a free bet • For each way bets, only the win part of the bet will count • Free Bet will be credited after bet settlement & must bet used within 7 days. #AD Withdrawal restrictions, payment methods, country & Full T&C’s apply.Full T&C's Apply
- BoyleSports offers extra places in horse racing contests, particularly in the Cheltenham Festival, which has highly competitive races and big-field handicaps. The offer applies to horses that finish within the given number of places (for instance, the first five finishers in a six-place extra race).
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. #AD T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- BetVictor is a bookmaker that offers extra places on horse racing events. Place an each way bet and look for races allowing extra places to be in with a better chance of making a profit.
18+ New Customers only. Opt in, bet £20 on Horse Racing, 1/1+ odds in 7 days, no cash out. Get £40 in Free Bets on set markets valid 7 days. Debit Card / Apple Pay payments only. begambleaware.org | Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- Parimatch is a top bookie that regularly offers extra place payouts for its customers. Visit to Parimatch website today to see which races are paying out on 4th, 5th and 6th places.
18+ New Customers Only. Opt-in, bet on Horse Racing within 7 days of registration. Get your stake refunded up to £30 in Free Bets for set markets if your bet loses (odds 3.00+). Free bets expire in 7 days. Card payments only. Offer valid from 16:00 UK time 04/08/2023. begambleaware.org | #AD Please Gamble ResponsiblyFull T&C's Apply
Standard Horse Racing Place Terms
Here are the industry-standard place terms:
- 1-4 runners: win only.
- 5-7 runners: 1/4 odds a place for first and second
- 8+ runners: 1/5 odds a place for first, second and third
- 12-15 runners (handicaps only): 1/4 odds for place for 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- 16+ runners (handicaps only): 1/4 odds for place for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th
The extra places are bonuses offered by betting companies on selected races.
What Are Today’s Extra Place Races?
Bookmakers offer Extra Places on selected races every day for horse racing betting.
The additional place bonuses on each way bets can result in additional profits from your horse racing bets.
Find out more with the guide to Extra Place Races Today offered by the leading betting brands.
Which Bookies are Paying 5 Places?
Most bookmakers pay five places for the biggest horse racing races both in the national hunt and flat season events.
Here are the bookies that offer 5 places on each way bets the most throughout the year:
- William Hill Pay Out On 5th Place
- Betfair Pay Out On 5th Place
- Ladbrokes Pay Out On 5th Place
- Sky Bet Pay Out On 5th Place
- Coral Pay Out On 5th Place
- Bet365 Pay Out On 5th Place
- Betfred Pay Out On 5th Place
- Paddy Power Pay Out On 5th Place
- Unibet Pay Out On 5th Place
- Boylesports Pay Out On 5th Place
- 888sport Pay Out On 5th Place
Researching which online betting sites are paying 5 places each way is great to analyse for each-way horse racing betting.
Knowledgeable sports bettors can take advantage of bookies that not only offer each-way bets but pay extra places.
Which Bookies are Paying 6 Places?
Paying out on six places is unusual and only the leading betting sites offer this special bonus.
Here are the bookies that offer 6 places on each way bets the most throughout the year:
- Sky Bet Pay Out On 6th Place
- William Hill Pay Out On 6th Place
- Paddy Power Pay Out On 6th Place
- Betfair Pay Out On 6th Place
- Bet365 Pay Out On 6th Place
- Betfred Pay Out On 6th Place
Which Bookies are Paying for 7 Places?
The extra places for seven placed runners are usually only available for the biggest sporting events like the Cheltenham Festival, Royal Ascot or Aintree Grand National.
Here are the bookies that offer 7 places on each way bets the most throughout the year:
- Betfred Pay Out On 7th Place
- Sky Bet Pay Out On 7th Place
- William Hill Pay Out On 7th Place
- Paddy Power Pay Out On 7th Place
- Bet365 with Each Way Extra
Which Bookies are Paying for 8 Places?
The extra places for eight-placed runners are usually only available for the biggest sporting events like the Cheltenham Festival, Royal Ascot or Aintree Grand National.
Here are the bookies that offer 8 places in selected races:
- Sky Bet Pay Out On 8th Place
- Bet365 with Each Way Extra
How Does An Each Way Bet Work?
Each way bet means backing a horse both to win and place in the race it runs in.
You are wagering two bets on each-way betting which are the following:
- Win part of an each-way wager – This is the outright win price settled at the betting odds taken or starting price
- Place part of an each-way wager – This will be a fraction of the outright odds, and terms vary from one horse race to another
The great thing for horse racing punters looking to wager each way bets is you can still make a profit even if your fancy does not win, but gets placed.
Placed horses can still make a profit even though the outright part of the bet loses.
If the each-way selection wins the race, then both the win and place parts of the wager payout to you.
How Do You Place An Each Way Bet?
Here is how to place an each-way bet with your preferred sportsbook bookmaker:
- Research what horse you want to back
- Add the fancied horse to your bet slip from the regular race betting market
- Choose whether you want to take the price or SP
- Tick the EW box on the bet slip
- Select your stake (remember each way bets are double your stake)
- Click “Place Bet” on the betting slip
Wagering EW bets are usually in the form of a box to tick on the bet slip to upgrade your bet from win bet to each way bet type.
Standard Each Way Place Terms
Here is the horse racing standard in each way place terms:
- Any race with five, six, or seven runners – A quarter of outright odds for two places.
- Conditions races with eight or more runners – A fifth of outright odds for three places.
- Handicaps with between eight and 11 runners – A fifth of outright odds for three places.
- Handicaps with between 12 and 15 runners – A quarter of outright odds for three places.
- Handicaps with 16 or more runners – A quarter of outright odds for four places.
Bookmakers reserve the right to reduce the number of places offered in line with Tattersalls Rules of Racing Rule 4 when horses are withdrawn or non-runners are declared.
Examples of Place Terms
Here are some examples of place terms offered by online bookmakers when placing each-way bets:
- EW 1-2 Places, 1/5 Odds (meaning the bet will pay out on 1st, 2nd, and at one-fifth of the betting odds for a place)
- EW 1-3 Places, 1/5 Odds (meaning the bet will pay out on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and at one fifth of the betting odds for a place)
- EW 1-4 Places, 1/5 Odds (meaning the bet will pay out on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and at one-fifth of the betting odds for a place)
- E/W 1-4 Places, 1/4 Odds (meaning the bet will pay out on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and at a quarter of the betting odds for a place)
- E/W 1-5 Places, 1/4 Odds (meaning the bet will pay out on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and at a quarter of the betting odds for a place)
- E/W 1-6 Places, 1/4 Odds (meaning the bet will pay out on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and at a quarter of the betting odds for a place)
Researching the best each-way betting sites is important because the place terms vary from sportsbook to sportsbook can vary and you want to be finding value in the betting markets.
Best Each Way Promotions
We have compiled the best E/W betting promotions for the best horse racing betting sites online.
William Hill’s Pick Your Places and Lengthen Your Odds
William Hill has a bet type where punters can Pick the number of Places and the odds fluctuate depending on the volume of places paid out.
The lengthen the odds each way bets are available to all UK and Irish horse races.
Horse racing bettors can choose to either reduce or increase how many places their bet covers for placed terms.
Rule 4 reductions may still apply, further to the William Hill Pick Your Places and Lengthen Your Odds terms and conditions.
888sport Each Way + Offer
Give yourself more insurance with your each-way horse racing bets by increasing the number of placed payouts.
By reducing the number of placed horses you are increasing the betting odds to have chances of winning more money.
By increasing the number of placed horses you are shortening the betting odds to give more insurance in returning some winnings.
Rule 4 deductions apply, further to the 888sport Each Way Plus Offer terms and conditions.
Betfair Each Way Edge Promotion
The each-way edge on Betfair.com or Betfair Betting App allows punters the chance to reduce or add to the number of places on your each-way horse racing bets every day.
The Each Way Edge is limited to a certain number of horse racing bets each day.
Betfair reserves the right to reduce the place terms offered in the event of a Rule 4 deduction as per the Betfair Each Way Edge Promotion terms and conditions.
Bet365 Each Way Extra
Each way extra on the bet365 betting app is the most popular E/W promotion for bettors of UK and Irish Racing.
Each Way Extra gives the option to increase or decrease the number of places in a race when you are betting Each Way on selected Horse Racing.
When using Each Way Extra punters can add places to Each Way Horse Racing bets and take a reduced price or remove places and increase the odds on their selection.
Bookmakers Who Offer Extra Places on Sports Betting Overview
Bookmakers who offer extra places in horse racing or golf betting are providing an enhanced value to bettors by paying out on more finishing positions than the standard terms. This can be particularly appealing for each-way bets, as it increases the chances of winning even if the selected horse or golfer doesn’t win the event outright. Extra place offers vary by bookmaker and specific events, so it’s advisable to check the terms and conditions before placing bets. Here are a few bookmakers known for offering extra places:
- Betfair extra places: Betfair often provides extra places for major horse racing events, giving bettors the opportunity to win on more finishing positions.
- Paddy Power extra places: Paddy Power is known for offering extra places on a variety of horse races and golf tournaments, especially for high-profile events like major championships.
- William Hill: William Hill frequently offers extra places in horse racing and golf events, making them a popular choice for bettors looking for extended each-way opportunities.
- Betway: Betway occasionally provides extra place promotions for horse racing and golf, allowing bettors to benefit from enhanced each-way terms.
- Coral: Coral often extends the number of payout places for specific horse races and golf tournaments, offering attractive each-way deals.
- Ladbrokes: Ladbrokes is another bookmaker that regularly offers extra place promotions for horse racing and golf events, increasing the potential for each-way payouts.
- 888sport: 888sport occasionally provides extra places for horse racing and golf, enhancing the value for each-way bettors.
- Boylesports: Boylesports is known for its extra place offers in horse racing, especially for major races and festivals.
Remember that the availability of extra place offers can vary based on the event, so it’s a good idea to check the bookmaker’s promotions section or contact customer support to find out about ongoing offers. Additionally, always read the terms and conditions of these promotions to understand the specific terms, qualifying bets, and any restrictions that may apply.
Summary of the Best Bookmakers for Each Way Betting
Extra places is a betting promotion offered by a selection of the best sportsbook firms.
The special offer is giving bettors extra places on each way horse racing bets.
The extra places betting promotion is loved by punters because gives more chances to land a profit on your bets.
Note that your unit stake doubles reflecting both the win only and the place part of the bet.
The each-way tick box is often abbreviated to E/W or EW on the bet slips.
Other Bookies Offering Extra Places
Here are all articles related to the extra places betting promotion:
- 888sport Extra Places
- Best Bookies For Extra Places
- Bet365 Each Way Extra
- Betfair Extra Places
- Betfred Extra Places
- BetVictor Extra Places
- Boylesports Extra Places
- Cheltenham Extra Places For Each Way Bets
- Coral Extra Places
- Extra Place Races Today
- How Many Places Pay Out in Grand National?
- Ladbrokes Extra Places
- Paddy Power Extra Places
- Parimatch Extra Places
- Sky Bet Extra Places
- Unibet Extra Places
- William Hill Extra Places
Subjects covered in our extra places guide – places 1 5 odds, horse racing betting, same race extra place races, depends on number of runners, enhanced place terms deal and ante post bets.