The Tote World Pool is growing considerably with 25 World Pool Days scheduled in 2023.
With 18 days in UK / Ireland and 126 races, the World Pool events are predicted to be over £520 million in the UK/Ire World Pool pools.
In total 28 countries now commingle on World Pool events and the prize money generated is very important to the future of horse racing.
In our World Pool guide, we provide all the information needed to understand how World Pool betting works in December 2023.
- 1 What is the Tote World Pool?
- 2 Why Is the World Pool Important For Horse Racing Punters?
- 3 What are the World Pool days?
- 4 How Can I Place Bets in the World Pool?
- 5 What bet types are eligible for World Pool?
- 6 What Are The Place Terms on World Pool Bets?
- 7 Popular Questions
- 8 All Tote Pool Betting Related Posts
- 9 Summary
- 10 Interesting Facts About The World Pool
What is the Tote World Pool?
The Tote World Pool is a collaboration between totes in multiple countries and the Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC).
The World Pool is a single pool bringing punters the chance internationally to bet together into one multi-million pound pool betting experience.
Each horse race in the World Pool can include bets from countries including Australia, the USA, Hong Kong, France, and the United Kingdom.
Hong Kong Jockey Club is set to host more World Pool days on British and Irish races after recent success.
Why Is the World Pool Important For Horse Racing Punters?
The growth of the World Pool is important for horse racing punters because it means that there will be more liquidity in the pools which leads to better value than traditional fixed odds.
The more countries that join and bet into the same overall pool means sports bettors can take on the rest of the world with pool betting.
Big stakes wagered will have less of an impact on the dividend as the pot will be much larger.
Tote regularly beats SP so there’s plenty of value to enjoy courtesy of World Pool.
What are the World Pool days?
Here are the confirmed dates for World Pool horse racing events in 2023.
- Saturday 6th May – QIPCO 2000 Guineas Day at the Newmarket Rowley Mile Racecourse
- Saturday 20th May – Newbury (London Cup and Lockinge races only)
- Saturday 3rd June – Derby Day at Epsom Racecourse
- Tuesday 20th June Royal Ascot Day 1
- Wednesday 21st June Royal Ascot Day 2
- Thursday 22nd June Royal Ascot Day 3
- Friday 23rd June Royal Ascot Day 4
- Saturday 24th June Royal Ascot Day 5
- Saturday 2nd July – Irish Derby at The Curragh
- Saturday 29th July – QIPCO King George Diamond Day at Ascot
- Tuesday 1st August – Glorious Goodwood Day 1
- Wednesday 2nd August – Glorious Goodwood Day 2
- Thursday 3rd August – Glorious Goodwood Day 3
- Wednesday 23rd August – York Ebor Festival Day 1
- Thursday 24th August – York Ebor Festival Day 2
- Friday 25th August – York Ebor Festival Day 3
- Saturday 9th September – Longines Irish Champions Day at Leopardstown
- Saturday 21st October – QIPCO British Champions Day at Ascot
There are 18 World Pool days on British and Irish racing in 2023.
How Can I Place Bets in the World Pool?
Here are the steps to placing bets in the World Pool.
- Sign up with Tote Welcome Offer
- Register Your Betting Account Details
- Deposit Money to your Tote Account
- Select your horse from a world pool race
- Wager your stake on the selected horse
- Benefit from a bigger return when you manage to predict a winning selection
The world pool bets are always better to place online via the website or Tote Betting App as you get Tote Plus extra 10% bonus.
What bet types are eligible for World Pool?
Here are all the bet types available in the Tote World Pool and takeouts:
- Win – 17.5% Takeout
- Place – 17.5% Takeout
- Quinella – 17.5% Takeout
- Swinger / Quinella Place – 17.5% Takeout
- Trifecta / Tierce – 25% Takeout
- Exacta / Forecast – 19.5%
- Treble – 25%
What Are The Place Terms on World Pool Bets?
The place terms for all World Pool races are as follows:
- 4 declared runners: No place pool
- 5 or 6 declared runners: 1st or 2nd (void if less than 4 actual runners)
- 7-20 declared runners: 1st, 2nd, or 3rd (3 places remain if 5 or 6 runners, void if less than 5 actual runners)
- 21 – 34 declared runners: 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th (4 places remain for 20 or less runners)
Is there a maximum bet or maximum payout?
There are no maximum bets to the amount of money that can be wagered or won on a Tote bet.
The size of the pool provides a natural limit to the available winnings.
Will Tote+ still apply?
Tote+ will still apply to all World Pool bets on the Tote Betting App.
Not only can you enjoy the brilliant value the huge pools throw up, but you get an extra 10% on top of your winnings.
Check out all the related Tote Pool Betting related posts.
- Best Placepot Betting Sites
- Is it better to bet on the Tote?
- The Tote Company
- Today’s Tote Placepot Tips
- Tote Bet 10 Get 30
- Tote Bet 10 Get 40
- Tote Betting App
- Tote Betting Slips
- Tote Cheltenham Betting Offers
- Tote Credit
- Tote Epsom Derby Betting Offers
- Tote Exacta
- Tote Exotic Bets
- Tote Fantasy
- Tote Goodwood Betting Offers
- Tote Grand National Betting Offers
- Tote Guarantee
- Tote Horse Racing
- Tote Jackpot
- Tote Live Streaming
- Tote Payment Methods
- Tote Place
- Tote Placepot
- Tote Placepot 7
- Tote Placepot Insurance
- Tote Plus
- Tote Punchestown Betting Offers
- Tote Quadpot
- Tote Royal Ascot Betting Offers
- Tote Scoop 6
- Tote Sponsorships
- Tote Stayers Club
- Tote Survivor
- Tote Swinger
- Tote Ten To Follow
- Tote Text Betting
- Tote Trifecta
- Tote Welcome Offer
- Tote Win
- Tote World Pool
- Tote York Ebor Betting Offers
The world pool is allowing racegoers and remote bettors the opportunity to bet into a global pool consisting of over 20 countries.
The result is an enormous liquidity betting experience as the World Pool enables horse racing punters from all over the globe to bet into a single pool.
You can “Bet With the World” thanks to the World Pool, with this concept being the creation of the Hong Kong Jockey Club.
Interesting Facts About The World Pool
Here are some interesting facts about the Tote World Pool.
- World Pool was created by Hong Kong Jockey Club
- Over 20 countries bet into one pool creating huge liquidity
- The Tote World Pool is like the EuroMillions version of the lottery for horse racing
- World Pool in the UK is operated by the Tote
- World Pool bets can be via the Tote at tote.co.uk, tote.ie, or on the Tote Betting App
- All 35 races at Royal Ascot will again be included in the World Pool
- The Tote can offer the best value to their direct customers via the Tote website with Tote+ (Tote Plus) bonus
- Customers are not restricted for being successful and winning
- Tote Guarantee ensures the Tote win price will also match or exceed the industry SP, so Tote customers will never feel short-changed on winning bets
- The pool betting model will not restrict bet sizes
- World Pool means bigger financial returns to British racing through increased media rights payments to racecourses and more revenue generated via pool betting