Many customers, therefore, use this method for depositing funds into their online accounts and placing wagers. But how many betting sites are offering this payment option in May 2022 and which are the best?
In our review, we check out which sites accept Apple payments, as well as any offers any deals for signing up to them today.
Find out more about Apple Pay betting sites:
- 1 Best Apple Pay Betting Sites in May 2022
- 2 What is Apple Pay?
- 3 Using a Sportsbook with Apple Pay
- 4 How to Use Apple Pay for Betting
- 5 Why is Apple Pay Popular?
- 6 Is Apple Pay Secure for Betting Online?
- 7 Setting Up Your Apple Pay Account
- 8 History of Apple and History of Apple Pay
- 9 Frequently Asked About Apple Betting Sites and a Deposit with Apple Pay
- 9.1 Why is Apple Pay Popular for Betting Sites?
- 9.2 How Do I Use Apple Pay on a Betting Site?
- 9.3 Why Should I Use Apple Pay on Online Betting Sites?
- 9.4 Can I Gamble Using a Credit Card Through Apple Pay?
- 9.5 Does Apple Pay Have a Minimum or Maximum Deposit Allowances?
- 9.6 Can I Withdraw Gambling Winnings to My Apple Pay Account?
- 10 Popular Questions
- 11 Summary of The Best Apple Pay Betting Sites
- 12 Other Online Betting Payment Methods
Best Apple Pay Betting Sites in May 2022
The best Apple Pay betting sites in May 2022 are:
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. PayPal and certain deposit and bet types excluded. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required.Full T&C's Apply
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F – A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market – Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first racing bet loses. Wagering: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Sports bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. Full T&Cs apply. #AdFull T&C's Apply
New players only. Qualifying bet(s) must have minimum odds of 3/1 and must be settled before triggering free bet. Free Bet must be used on an accumulator with 3 or more selections. 18+. begambleaware.org.Full T&C's Apply
New customers place £50 worth of bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100. Min odds 1.2 (1/5). Multiple bets included. Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
What is Apple Pay?
This is because Apple Pay does not result in any transaction fees beyond those levelled by the merchant’s bank.
This also means that you’re likelier to be rewarded with a welcome bonus or a free bet if you use this payment method.
Using a Sportsbook with Apple Pay
Online betting continues to grow and we’re now seeing the introduction of revolutionary payment methods such as Apple Pay.
More and more betting sites are offering this easy deposit option. You can now pay from your phone or any other Apple device.
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to make a payment, then you will be thrilled to know that Apple Pay is all of the above.
How to Use Apple Pay for Betting
You may have seen customers in retail shops paying for goods via mobile phone. In this instance, they were likely using Apple Pay. This is just as fast as using a contactless debit card to pay for purchases – essentially, it’s just a matter of tapping a smartphone on a card reader.
Apple Pay isn’t just for brick-and-mortar shops, though. It’s just as simple to use your Apple Wallet to purchase items online – and to gamble.
Before placing a bet, you will be required to deposit funds in your betting account. It’s now possible to do this via Apple Pay and it couldn’t be easier. All you need to do is:
- Visit the Deposit Method page of your online betting site of choice and select Apple Pay. Many reputable online bookmakers now accept Apple Pay, so you shouldn’t run into trouble here.
- Select your deposit amount. Different sites may have a different minimum or maximum deposit, regardless of whether you’re using Apple Pay or any other payment method.
- Use the Touch ID feature on your device to approve the transaction. This protects you if your phone or tablet is stolen – nobody else can make bets on your account, as your fingerprint is unique.
That’s it! You’re not ready to start placing wagers on your favourite betting site. Doesn’t Apple Pay sound easier than messing around with card payments, and all that entails?
Why is Apple Pay Popular?
Apple Pay is fast becoming one of the most popular options available to all online vendors, including betting sites. There are lots of reasons for this. It mostly comes down to how fast, secure and easy Apple Pay is to use.
Here are just some of the reasons to use Apple Pay over a more traditional card payment.
Apple Pay is popular for the following reasons:
- Simple – the ease of using Apple Pay is one of the biggest appeals. Rather than trying to remember your bank password, or needing to confirm the payment via text message, the app takes care of everything.
- Fast – Apple Pay is fast, thanks to the use of Touch ID. It’s one of the quickest ways of making a deposit into your betting account.
- Secure – the secure design may not have a password, but the fingerprint makes Apple Pay one of the most trusted payment methods out there. You can opt for a password, but to get the best out of this method, you will want to use your fingerprint or Face ID.
- Protection – Apply Pay does not share your contact information with the vendor that you’re paying. This means your card details cannot be accessed in the event of a security breach from opportunistic hackers.
- Privacy – if you bet online using a card, the vendor’s name will appear on your bank statement. If you use Apple Pay, that’s the only information available to anybody nosing through your financials.
- No Fees – we prefer to avoid recommending payment methods that cost you money. Credit cards and other e-wallets may charge a fee, but not this one. Apple Pay will not incur any additional cost – you’ll pay for your deposit, and that’s it.
Is Apple Pay Secure for Betting Online?
Apple Pay is secure for betting online which is what it is so popular.
The Touch ID feature unique to Apple Pay makes it wholly safe. You can use your fingerprint to confirm a payment, you will then be notified of what’s been taken.
Of course, you’re still welcome to use a password if that’s your preference. If this was exposed for any reason, you’ll remain safe. A smartphone thief would need your finger to confirm a purchase, thanks to Touch ID. The advanced software allows you to scan this finger through the built-in sensor, and Touch ID is designed to respond only to your unique fingerprint.
A unique code is also applied to each transaction for your reference, in case you need to query a charge. These are not saved on your device and are not disclosed to merchants or any other third party. You can rest easy in the knowledge that Apple employs the best cyber-security techniques out there, ensuring all customers remain secure.
The top online betting sites will only allow the best and most secure methods of payment. The fact that they have embraced Apple Pay is already reassuring. You can read up all of the terms and conditions before committing to this type of purchase option for more inflation, too. We remain convinced that Apple Pay is safer than relying on your card details to stay secure on a website server.
Setting Up Your Apple Pay Account
We have established that Apply Pay is extremely simple to use. Thankfully, it’s just as easy to set up. Even the most staunch technophobe can follow these steps to creating an Apple Pay account for online betting.
First of all, here are the devices that you can use with Apple Pay:
- Smart Apple Watch
Got one of those, and are running the latest OS? Great. Skip to the next set of instructions. If you haven’t, you’ll either need to take a trip to the Apple Store or use an alternative payment method for internet betting.
Once you’re ready to set up your Apple account, follow the steps below to set up your Apple Pay account:
- Access the wallet on your Apple appliance. This is usually a standard app, preinstalled on the device.
- Add card information to the wallet. As you must use a debit card for online betting, it has to be a Visa. MasterCard, American Express, etc will not be accepted as a payment method by an online bookie.
- Complete the steps on the screen to verify your card information, making sure that it’s completely accurate.
- Register any passwords you may wish to utilise, and set up Touch ID for your protection.
- That’s it – you’re now ready to start using Apple Pay.
Once you’re done, you can make your first deposit to your Apple Pay account via a bank transfer or debit card. You can also attach a credit card to Apple Pay, but remember that it cannot be used in betting. Any deposit must come from an available funding source, not a line of credit.
History of Apple and History of Apple Pay
Apple may have been founded on April 1st, but nobody is laughing at them now.
In 1976, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak – both of whom were college dropouts – had a vision. They want to create computers small enough to be used in the home.
In the 1970s, PCs were hulking monstrosities, they have been on quite a journey to the streamline products that have seen them become a global superbrand.
The rest, as they say, is history. There were highs and lows – Apple experienced a huge spike in popularity in the 80s, but by the mid-1990s were on the brink of bankruptcy. Having ridden this storm, however, it’s safe to say the dreams of Jobs and Wozniak have come true, possibly even surpassed their wildest dreams.
When you look at the power-packed into tiny appliances that Apple produce, it’s hard to believe they contain more memory than the huge computers of yesteryear. Apple constantly reinvents its products in an attempt to stave off competition from Microsoft and Samsung, with Apple Pay their latest trendsetting breakthrough as a deposit method and way of payment for in-person and online shopping.
Frequently Asked About Apple Betting Sites and a Deposit with Apple Pay
Here are the most common questions people about Apple Pay and how to deposit with Apple Pay – its growing influence in online gambling.
Why is Apple Pay Popular for Betting Sites?
Apple Pay is popular for betting sites as it has no fees, is safe and secure.
Betting sites love Apple Pay because it does not charge excessive fees and all the big bookies accept Apple Pay on their online and app platforms as a preferred deposit method.
The same cannot be said for other e-wallets, especially PayPal.
What’s more, Apple Pay is linked to a user’s unique smartphone, tablet, watch or computer. This drastically reduces the risk of scammers setting up anonymous accounts to claim a free bet and other welcome bonuses without ever making a deposit.
How Do I Use Apple Pay on a Betting Site?
You use Apple Pay on a betting site the same way as you would any other way of payment.
Choose the amount that you’d like to deposit to your betting account, and select Apple Pay as your method of choice.
Follow the prompts on screen and you’ll be done in a matter of seconds. Apple Pay gambling is one of the most upcoming ways to pay as it is so quick and can be done on a mobile device.
Why Should I Use Apple Pay on Online Betting Sites?
You should use Apple Pay on betting websites for convenience and safety.
If you have an Apple device, using Apple pay is extremely quick. No more fumbling around for your debit card or bank transfer when you’re in a hurry – you can use touch id.
In addition, Apple Pay is an e-wallet that’s separate from your bank account. This protects your data from security breaches.
Can I Gamble Using a Credit Card Through Apple Pay?
You cannot gamble using a credit card through Apple pay. This is because gambling using credit cards is verboten by law. Apple Pay will not help you get around these restrictions. You’ll need to deposit money for betting from a current account into your Apple Pay account.
Does Apple Pay Have a Minimum or Maximum Deposit Allowances?
Apple Pay does not have minimum or maximum deposit allowances, so you can decide how much or how little you spend with a merchant.
The betting site themselves may have set limits, though. Remember that the site has to pay banking fees for any non-cash transaction. It may not be worth their while accepting Apple Pay for sums below a set sum.
Can I Withdraw Gambling Winnings to My Apple Pay Account?
You cannot withdraw winnings from an online bookmaker straight to Apple Pay. You’ll need to withdraw to a different source and re-up your Apple Pay funds if you want to keep using this method. Bet credits stake offers can sometimes be restricted.
Can you use Apple Pay on gambling sites?
You can use Apple Pay as a payment method on some gambling sites in the UK.
It is the preferred method of payment for many, find out more in our guide.
What betting apps use Apple Pay?
The best betting apps that use Apple Pay:
- William Hill
- Paddy Power
Can you use Apple Pay on bet365?
You use Apple Pay on bet365.
Many punters prefer this payment method as you don’t need to reveal personal bank details and it is safe and secure using touch id.
What betting sites accept Apple Pay?
What is the main advantage of Apple Pay for online betting?
The main advantages of Apple Pay for online betting are:
- Safe and secure tractions
- You don’t need to do reveal your bank details
Summary of The Best Apple Pay Betting Sites
Apple Pay is gaining traction and popularity, and there is every chance that it soon become the primary payment method for betting over the internet. This is mainly because it’s so easy to deposit funds into an account using Apple Pay, and the betting site will not be penalised with fees for accepting this payment method.
All of the main betting sites also accept Apple Pay.
Sure, Apple Pay is of no use to Android users. That’s just the way the cookie crumbles – use a debit card or another e-wallet if you prefer to avoid feeding this corporate behemoth with more cash. For those that have succumbed to the juggernaut that is Apple, however, Apple Pay is safe, secure and simple.
Using Apple Pay for your betting needs is highly recommended by the teams here.
Other Online Betting Payment Methods
Here is the full list of payment methods and deposit methods that aside from Apple Pay, you can use to deposit and bet online: