Apple Pay is an increasingly popular payment method with some of the UK’s top online bookmakers. Many customers use this method for depositing funds into their online accounts and placing wagers. But how many sites are offering this payment option in April 2021 and which are the best?
In our review, we check out which sites accept Apple payments, as well as any offers any deals for signing up to them today.
- 1 Best Apple Pay Betting Sites
- 2 What is Apple Pay?
- 3 Using a Sportsbook with Apple Pay
- 4 How to Use Apple Pay for Betting
- 5 Why is Apple Pay Popular?
- 6 Is Apple Pay Secure for Betting Online?
- 7 Setting Up Your Apple Pay Account
- 8 History of Apple and History of Apple pay
- 9 Frequently Asked About Apple Betting Sites and a Deposit with Apple Pay
- 9.1 Why is Apple Pay Popular for Betting Sites?
- 9.2 How Do I Use Apple Pay on a Betting Site?
- 9.3 Why Should I Use Apple Pay on Online Betting Sites?
- 9.4 Can I Gamble Using a Credit Card Through Apple Pay?
- 9.5 Does Apple Pay Have a Minimum or Maximum Deposit Allowances?
- 9.6 Can I Withdraw Gambling Winnings to My Apple Pay Account?
- 10 Summary of The Best Apple Pay Betting Sites
- 11 Other Online Betting Payment Methods
Best Apple Pay Betting Sites
From our research, these are the best Apple Pay betting sites currently accepting this payment type.
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. Full T&C's Apply
#ad. New Customers Only. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
KQC: 18+. Play safe. New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. PayPal and certain deposit and bet types excluded. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. Full T&C's Apply
New UK & NI customers only. 18+. Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet at a minimum of £10 in one bet transaction at evens (2.0) +. £30 paid in free bets within 48 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. Doesn’t apply to customers who place their first bet on the Virtual Grand National. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. Your first bet must be settled within 60 days of bet placement. SMS validation may be required. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply. Full T&C's Apply
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 25x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&C's Apply
New players only. Qualifying bet(s) must have minimum odds of 3/1 and must be settled before triggering free bet. Free Bet must be used on an accumulator with 3 or more selections. 18+. begambleaware.org. Full T&C's Apply
New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is an e wallet that can be used to deposit money into your online betting site accounts. As the name suggests, Apple Pay is restricted to use on products from this manufacturer. If you’re keen to use an e wallet though, most online merchants prefer Apple Pay to PayPal, Skrill or Neteller.
This is because Apple Pay does not result in any transaction fees beyond those levelled by the merchant’s bank. This means that you’re likelier to be rewarded with a welcome bonus or a free bet, if you use this payment method.
Using a Sportsbook with Apple Pay
Online betting continues to grow and we’re now seeing the introduction of revolutionary payment methods such as Apple Pay. More and more betting sites are offering this easy deposit option. You can now pay from your phone or any other Apple device.
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to make a payment, then you will be thrilled to know that Apple Pay is all of the above.
How to Use Apple Pay for Betting
You may have seen customers in retail shops paying for goods via mobile phone. In this instance, they were likely using Apple Pay. This is just as fast as using a contactless debit card to pay for purchases – essentially, it’s just a matter of tapping a smartphone on a card reader.
Apple Pay isn’t just for brick-and-mortar shops, though. It’s just as simple to use your Apple Wallet to purchase items online – and to gamble.
Before placing a bet, you will be required to deposit funds in your betting account. It’s now possible to do this via Apple Pay and it couldn’t be easier. All you need to do is:
- Visit the Deposit Method page of your online betting site of choice and select Apple Pay. Many reputable online bookmakers now accept Apple Pay, so you shouldn’t run into trouble here.
- Select your deposit amount. Different sites may have a different minimum or maximum deposit, regardless of whether you’re using Apple Pay or any other payment method.
- Use the Touch ID feature on your device to approve the transaction. This protects you if your phone or tablet is stolen – nobody else can make bets on your account, as your fingerprint is unique.
That’s it! You’re not ready to start placing wagers on your favourite betting site. Doesn’t Apple Pay sound easier than messing around with card payments, and all that entails?
Why is Apple Pay Popular?
This payment type is fast becoming one of the most popular options available to all online vendors, including betting sites. There are lots of reasons for this. It mostly comes down to how fast, secure and easy Apple Pay is to use.
Here are just some of the reasons to use Apple Pay over a more traditional card payment:
- Simple – the ease of using Apple Pay is one of the biggest appeals. Rather than trying to remember your bank password, or needing to confirm the payment via text message, the app takes care of everything.
- Fast – Apple Pay is fast, thanks to the use of Touch ID. It’s one of the quickest ways of making a deposit into your betting account.
- Secure – the secure design may not have a password, but the fingerprint makes Apple Pay one of the most trusted payment methods out there. You can opt for a password, but to get the best out of this method, you will want to use the fingerprint or Face ID.
- Protection – Apply Pay does not share your contact information with the vendor that you’re paying. This means your card details cannot be accessed in the event of a security breach from opportunistic hackers.
- Privacy – if you bet online using card, the vendor’s name will appear on your bank statement. If you use Apple Pay, that’s the only information available to anybody nosing through your financials.
- No Fees – we prefer to avoid recommending payment methods that cost you money. Credit cards and other e wallets may charge a fee, but not this one. Apple Pay will not incur any additional cost – you’ll pay for your deposit, and that’s it.
Is Apple Pay Secure for Betting Online?
We have briefly covered how secure this Apple Pay option is. To elaborate, though, yes – the Touch ID feature unique to Apple Pay makes it wholly safe. You can use your fingerprint to confirm a payment, you will then be notified of what’s been taken.
Of course, you’re still welcome to use a password if that’s your preference. If this was exposed for any reason, you’ll remain safe. A smartphone thief would need your finger to confirm a purchase, thanks to Touch ID. The advanced software allows you to scan this finger through the built-in sensor, and Touch ID is designed to respond only to your unique fingerprint.
A unique code is also applied to each transaction for your reference, in case you need to query a charge. These are not saved on your device, and are not disclosed to merchants or any other third party. You can rest easy in the knowledge that Apple employs the best cyber-security techniques out there, ensuring all customers remain secure.
The top online betting sites will only allow the best and most secure methods of payment. The fact that they have embraced Apple Pay is already reassuring. You can read up all of the terms and conditions before committing to this type of purchase option for more inflation, too. We remain convinced that Apple Pay is safer than relying on your card details staying secure on a website server.
Setting Up Your Apple Pay Account
We have established that Apply Pay is extremely simple to use. Thankfully, it’s just as easy to set-up. Even the most staunch technophobe can follow these steps to creating an Apple Pay account for online betting.
First of all, here are the devices that you can use with Apple Pay:
- Smart Apple Watch
Got one of those, and are running the latest OS? Great. Skip to the next set of instructions. If you haven’t, you’ll either need to take a trip to the Apple Store or use an alternative payment method for internet betting.
Once you’re ready to set up your Apple account…
- Access the wallet on your Apple appliance. This is usually a standard app, preinstalled on the device.
- Add card information to the wallet. As you must use a debit card for online betting, it has to be a Visa. MasterCard, American Express, etc will not be accepted as a payment method by an online bookie.
- Complete the steps on screen to verify your card information, making sure that it’s completely accurate.
- Register any passwords you may wish to utilise, and set up Touch ID for your protection.
- That’s it – you’re now ready to start using Apple Pay.
Once you’re done, you can make your first deposit to your Apple Pay account via a bank transfer or debit card. You can also attach a credit card to Apple Pay, but remember that it cannot used in betting. Any deposit must come from an available funding source, not a line of credit.
History of Apple and History of Apple pay
Apple may have been founded on April 1st, but nobody is laughing at them now. In 1976, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak – both of whom were college dropouts – had a vision. They want to create computers small enough to be used in the home. In the 1970s, PCs were hulking monstrosities, they have been on quite a journey to the streamline products that have seen them become a global superbrand.
The rest, as they say, is history. There were highs and lows – Apple experienced a huge spike in popularity in the 80s, but by the mid-1990s were on the brink of bankruptcy. Having ridden this storm, however, it’s safe to say the dreams of Jobs and Wozniak have come true, possibly even surpassed their wildest dreams.
When you look at the power-packed into the tiny appliances that Apple produce, it’s hard to believe they contain more memory than the huge computers of the yesteryear. Apple constantly reinvents its products in an attempt to stave off competition from Microsoft and Samsung, with Apple Pay their latest trendsetting breakthrough as a deposit method and way of payment for in person and online shopping.
Frequently Asked About Apple Betting Sites and a Deposit with Apple Pay
Here are the most common questions people about Apple Pay and how to deposit with Apple Pay – it’s growing influence in online gambling.
Why is Apple Pay Popular for Betting Sites?
Betting sites love Apple Pay because it does not charge excess fees and all the big bookies accept Apple Pay on their online and app platforms as a preferred deposit method. The same cannot be said for other e wallets, especially PayPal. What’s more, Apple Pay is linked to a user’s unique smartphone, tablet, watch or computer. This drastically reduces the risk of scammers setting up anonymous accounts to claim a free bet and other welcome bonuses without ever making a deposit.
How Do I Use Apple Pay on a Betting Site?
The same way as you would any other way of payment. Choose the amount that you’d like to deposit to your betting account, and select Apple Pay as your method of choice. Follow the prompts on screen and you’ll be done in a matter of seconds. Apple Pay gambling is one of the most upcoming ways to pay as it is so quick and can be done on a mobile device.
Why Should I Use Apple Pay on Online Betting Sites?
Firstly, convenience – deposit using Apple Pay is simple.
If you have an Apple device, using Apple pay is extremely quick. No more fumbling around for your debit card or bank transfer when you’re in a hurry – you can use touch id. In addition, Apple Pay is an e wallet that’s separate from your bank account. This protects your data from security breaches.
Can I Gamble Using a Credit Card Through Apple Pay?
No – gambling using credit cards is verboten by law. Apple Pay will not help you get around these restrictions. You’ll need to deposit money for betting from a current account into your Apple Pay account.
Does Apple Pay Have a Minimum or Maximum Deposit Allowances?
Apple Pay does not impose restrictions on how much or how little you spend with a merchant. The betting site themselves may have set limits, though. Remember that the site has to pay banking fees for any non-cash transaction. It may not be worth their while accepting Apple Pay for sums below a set sum.
Can I Withdraw Gambling Winnings to My Apple Pay Account?
At the time of writing, you cannot withdraw funds from an online bookmaker straight to Apple Pay. You’ll need to withdraw to a different source and re-up your Apple Pay funds if you want to keep using this method.
Summary of The Best Apple Pay Betting Sites
Apple Pay is gaining traction and popularity, and there is every chance that it soon become the primary payment method for betting over the internet. This is mainly because it’s so easy to deposit funds into an account using Apple Pay, and the betting site will not be penalised with fees for accepting this payment method. All of the main betting sites also accept Apple Pay.
Sure, Apple Pay is of no use to Android users. That’s just the way the cookie crumbles – use a debit card or another e wallet if you prefer to avoid feeding this corporate behemoth with more cash. For those that have succumbed to the juggernaut that is Apple, however, Apple Pay is safe, secure and simple. Using Apple Pay for your betting needs is highly recommended by the teams here.
Other Online Betting Payment Methods
Here is the full list of payment methods and deposit method, aside from Apple Pay, you can use to deposit and bet online:
- Apple Pay Betting Sites
- Bet Using Phone Bill
- Bitcoin Betting Sites
- Boku Betting Sites
- EcoPayz Betting Sites
- Ethereum Betting Sites
- Neteller Betting Sites
- No Card Details Horse Betting Sites
- Payforit Horse Betting Sites
- PayPal Betting Sites
- Paysafecard Betting Sites
- Skrill Betting Sites
- Trustly Betting Sites
- Ukash Betting Sites
make payments, card details, minimum deposit,