If you are looking for the best online Irish betting sites, then you are in the right place.
Our teams have taken a look and done the hard work, looking at the best bookmakers for horse racing in Ireland.
This guide showcases the best bookmakers for Irish customers, covering both horse racing betting and other sporting events, such as the GAA or football. We answer the common questions and tell you what to look out for, including the best offers, welcome bonuses, free bets, and more. With a large number to choose from, we have just picked out top-rated Irish horse racing bookies.
Check out the results today from the best Irish betting sites:
- 1 Best Irish Betting Sites
- 2 What Do We Look for in a Top Irish Betting Site?
- 2.1 New Customer Offers, Sign Up Bonus and Welcome Bonus Offers
- 2.2 Free Bets
- 2.3 Boosted Bets
- 2.4 Enhanced Odds
- 2.5 Range of Sports
- 2.6 Good Odds and Best Odds Guaranteed with a Horse Racing Betting Site Ireland
- 2.7 Live Streaming Options With The Most Popular Betting Sites Ireland
- 2.8 Variety of Payment Options with Irish Bookmakers
- 2.9 Offers for Current Customers from Sports Betting Sites in Ireland
- 2.10 Good Customer Service with Ireland’s Betting Sites
- 2.11 Regulation from Governing Bodies of Online Betting Sites Ireland
- 2.12 Terms and Conditions of the Bookmaker with Betting Sites in Ireland
- 3 Facts about Irish Betting Sites
- 4 Popular Questions
- 5 Final Thoughts
Best Irish Betting Sites
From our extensive research, below are what we consider the best Irish bookmakers:
- One of the best betting sites around, check out everything that Paddy Power has to offer and why it is rated one of the leading bookmakers across the world.
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any Football market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion. #AD T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- A full range of sports betting markets and a great welcome offer, Boylesports is one of our favourite bookmakers, find out more about them today.
IRE/NI new customers only. Min Deposit €/£10. Min stake €/£10. Min odds Evs. Free Bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. Free Bets expire in 7 days. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP address only. Account & Payment method restrictions. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 30 days to qualify. 18+. T&Cs apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- BetVictor need no introduction and are one of the best betting sites to cover Ireland and the UK. With over 75 years of experience , BetVictor has great odds, live streaming, a range of sports betting markets, racing and football betting options, and more. Check them out today.
18+ New Customers only. Opt in, bet £20 on Horse Racing, 1/1+ odds in 7 days, no cash out. Get £40 in Free Bets on set markets valid 7 days. Debit Card / Apple Pay payments only. begambleaware.org | Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- With everything from racing to football betting, bet365 are one of the best bookies around. Great customer service, a good welcome offer and a brilliant website, they are worth checking out.
Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets for new customers at bet365.Full T&C's Apply
Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. #AD Registration required.
- Coral is one of the leading online sports betting sites around, check out their perks in our detailed review.
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. #AD Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Unibet are one of the best sports betting sites around and have scored highly in our reviews for years, read our full independent review to find out more now.
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first racing bet loses. Wagering: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Sports bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- Regularly awarded one of the best betting sites, Ladbrokes have everything you could need, covering all Irish and UK racing every day as well as massive sports betting markets and a great bet builder option.
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £/€5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £/€5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. #AD Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- The William Hill welcome bonus for Irish customers allows you to enjoy an excellent €40 in free bets when you sign up with just €10. It is perfectly legal for Irish punters to place sports bets williamhill.com sportsbook website.
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- To place a bet with Sky Bet you will have to register an account with Bonne Terre Limited. You must be over 18 years of age to register with Sky Bet. Customers located outside of the UK or Ireland will be prohibited from using this app. But Irish horse racing punters are welcome to wager bets at Skybet.com or SkyBet Betting App.
NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY. FIRST SINGLE & E/W BET ONLY. 5P MINIMUM STAKE. 3 X £10 BET TOKENS. FREE BET STAKES NOT INCLUDED IN RETURNS. FREE BETS EXCLUDE VIRTUALS. FREE BETS ARE NON WITHDRAWABLE. NO FREE BET EXPIRY. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS AND FURTHER T&CS APPLY. #AD 18+. BEGAMBLEAWARE.ORGFull T&C's Apply
- For players based in Ireland, you are legally covered by the EU and Irish gambling laws. Betfred is fully licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission and the Gibraltar Gambling Commission for Irish horse racing bets.
New 18+ UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. #AD Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Tote operate betting services at all race meetings at all 26 racecourses in Ireland. All profits generated by Tote Ireland, are returned to horse racing for the improvement of the industry.
New customers online only. £/€10 min stake (if EW then min £/€10 Win + £/€10 Place). Receive £/€30 Tote Credit within 48 hours of qualifying bet settlement. 7 day expiry. Qualifying bet is the first racing pool bet added to the bet-slip. 18+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleaware.org. #AD Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
We ensure all our top rated Irish Betting sites are regulated by the following bodies:
- Gambling Regulatory Authority of Ireland (GAAI): The GAAI is the independent regulator for the gambling industry in Ireland. It is responsible for licensing and regulating gambling operators, ensuring that they comply with the law and that gambling is conducted fairly and responsibly.
- Revenue Commissioners: The Revenue Commissioners are responsible for collecting taxes in Ireland, including taxes on gambling. They also have a role in ensuring that gambling operators are compliant with the law.
- Irish Bookmakers Association (IBA): The IBA is the trade association for bookmakers in Ireland. It represents the interests of bookmakers and works to promote responsible gambling.
- Horse Racing Ireland (HRI): HRI is the governing body for horse racing in Ireland. It is responsible for regulating the industry, ensuring that it is conducted fairly and safely, and promoting horse racing to the public.
- Gamblers Anonymous Ireland: Gamblers Anonymous Ireland is a charity that provides support to people who are struggling with gambling addiction. It offers a range of services, including face-to-face meetings, online support, and telephone counselling.
What Do We Look for in a Top Irish Betting Site?
We look for top class features when identifying teh best Irish betting sites.
In many respects, betting websites are the same the world over and are world-known. Whether you’re dealing with ones in Ireland or an international alternative.
We believe that you should always give prominent consideration to the following when making a decision on which online betting account is best for you:
New Customer Offers, Sign Up Bonus and Welcome Bonus Offers
New customer offers are key when signing up to an Irish betting site.
Online betting platforms and newer options are always looking for new customers. Offers and promotions will often be made available to entice first-time sports betting to their site. Typical examples of a welcome offer that the best betting sites around offer new irish players include:
Free bets are offered by most Irish online betting sites.
Your first bet online in Ireland, or anywhere else, will be a landmark moment. Shop around the different betting sites and markets and find which sites offer the best deals.
Free bets promotions or a one-off decent free bet are usually a major selling point and are very popular with online betting websites.
Free bets, as the name suggests, allows you to place a wager without putting your hand in your pocket. Usually, when you sign up for an online betting account and make a deposit, the best betting sites in Ireland will reward you with free bets.
This may be up to £100 in bet credits, though you’re likelier to find you get £20 in free bets – £30 in free bets at most.
Be sure you read which Ts and Cs apply to free bets as there may be some restrictions. Sites cannot ‘punish’ you for using free bets by making the odds less favourable, however, some of the rules that can apply to free bets include:
- A value or qualifying deposit restriction, such as a £10 free bet as a minimum
- If a specified event “excludes free bet credits stake”
- When using betting credits, time limits are imposed (you may have to use them within a certain time frame)
- Returns exclude bet credits (you will not get your stake as part of your winnings if that was a free bet, you will just get the “profit”)
Check which Ts and Cs apply to free bets – if the site has a live chat facility, check with that before placing a wager.
You may find that free bet credits are available for use upon meeting certain criteria or restrictions as outlined above.
Boosted bets are available with leading Irish bookies online.
In addition to – or as an alternative to – free horse racing bets, some betting websites will offer promotions to double your money. For example, they may say, “bet 10, get 20 in credits”, or “get 30 for the price of 20.”
A very popular betting offer is the “treble your money” in betting credits with the Bet 10 Get 30 Pounds in free betting credits which are offered by many popular Irish bookmakers at the moment.
The usual Ts and Cs apply here, so be mindful of any restrictions that may apply to free bets. It’s likely that you’ll face the same rules and regulations. All the same, these are great welcome offers to take advantage of with the best Irish online betting sites.
Enhanced odds are another popular welcome offer for online betting.
The site may allow new players to place a bet on what looks like a sure thing at longer odds.
Any Irish bookie knows that this loss-leader will be offset by future winnings. Thankfully, most Irish punters are also wise to such tricks, but it helps to give the punter a head-start on the bookmaker!
A recent example of an enhanced odds joining offer was Paddy Power who offered 80-1 on Honeysuckle to win the Champion Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival on the day of the race – she duly won! For those bettig with fixed odds she was the favourite at 11-8.
Range of Sports
Sports betting is a broad definition, and there are plenty of different Irish sports that you may wish to consider betting on.
Examples of popular sports betting options include:
- Horse racing
- Gaelic Football
- Greyhound Racing
- Boxing and MMA
The best online bookmakers will permit sports betting on all of these events and more.
Betting in Ireland is something of a national pastime, so the best Irish betting sites do not restrict their customers; they have a wide range of sports betting options and a good online betting site offer a chance to bet on a full range of markets.
Good Odds and Best Odds Guaranteed with a Horse Racing Betting Site Ireland
Best odds guaranteed is offered by the Irish betting sites we list.
This sounds like a no-brainer, but it must be considered.
Not all betting shops and online bookmakers offer the same betting odds. Shop around to make sure you’re getting the best possible deal and betting odds. If your sports betting site of choice is offering drastically different odds from others, it’s worth asking why and looking for an alternative.
Most top racing betting
sites actually offer best odds guaranteed, so you can be assured that you will always be paid at whatever the biggest odds around. This means that if you bet in the morning and your starting price is bigger you will be paid at the larger odds.
Live Streaming Options With The Most Popular Betting Sites Ireland
Live steaming via Irish betting sites is possible.
If you’re betting on live sport, whether that’s horse racing, Gaelic football, rugby, soccer or anything else, you’ll want to watch the action unfold. This means that you should always look for online bookmakers that provide a live streaming service.
Live streaming simply means that you’ll know if your bets are coming in straight away. Usually, you’ll be able to watch the action unfold on your smartphone, tablet or PC.
This also means that live betting is much easier – you can make a snap decision within the app of your online betting website of choice, or on their website.
Variety of Payment Options with Irish Bookmakers
All the Irish betting sites we list take a variety of payment options.
One of the best things about online gambling is that you, unlike placing wagers in betting shops, don’t need cold, cash in your pocket. This is especially important in live betting, when you may need to act quickly.
The best gambling sites in Ireland will offer an array of betting payment methods. These bet and payment methods will include:
- Debit card
- Bank transfer
- e-wallets, such as PayPal, Skrill or Neteller
- Boku (or mobile phone betting).
Be aware though, your choice of payment may create restrictions in Ireland. For example, payment method exclusions apply.
Offers for Current Customers from Sports Betting Sites in Ireland
It can be a common mistake for betting websites to focus so much on enticing new customers, they take their existing clients for granted. The best betting (horse racing) sites understand that returning customers are their lifeblood and ensure they are treated well.
Irish customers who undertake regular sports betting online should expect at least some of the following perks:
- Free bet credits are assigned to the account periodically – a free bet credit is a great perk!
- Boosted offers, such as, “bet 10 get 20 in betting credits”
- Casino bonus offers or casino promo code
- A deposit bonus, i.e. £30 in betting credits or 10 free bet tokens, if you deposit a set amount in your account
Existing and loyal gamblers are just as important to Irish bookmakers as new customers. Ensure that your website or online sportsbook of choice – whether an established bookmaker or new betting sites – makes you feel this way. If not, look elsewhere; there is no shortage of choices for Irish punters and online gambling options for those looking for a spot in sports betting.
Good Customer Service with Ireland’s Betting Sites
Good customer service should always be expected, whether from a retail outlet, a betting shop, or an online venue for sports betting.
Examples of good customer service from online sites in Ireland include:
- Simple instructions for new customers
- Quick response and resolution to any problems
- No delays in making a deposit or withdrawal of your winnings upon settlement of bets
- 24/7 availability, even if that’s just an online live chat service
The best Irish betting sites (horse racing betting sites in Ireland), pride themselves on how they treat customers. Make sure this applies to any online bookmakers that you’re considering betting with.
Regulation from Governing Bodies of Online Betting Sites Ireland
Laws and regulations are nobody’s idea of fun, but they’re essential. Irish punters need to be protected by law, so be sure any new betting sites in Ireland you use are governed by an appropriate body. This will ensure that your rights are respected.
The gambling industry is tightly regulated, licensed, and regulated for your safety as a customer.
Be wary of sites that try to circumvent the law in any way.
Terms and Conditions of the Bookmaker with Betting Sites in Ireland
Have you ever really read the terms and conditions on a betting website before clicking the box agreeing to them? It’s fine – none of us does. Having said that, it’s a good habit to get into.
By knowing which Ts & Cs apply to various Irish betting sites, you’ll make sure that you make the best possible choice and that get any credits for new customers.
All of the betting sites Ireland featured on our page are fully regulated and secure from our research.
Facts about Irish Betting Sites
- The two main Irish betting sites are Paddy Power and Boylesports
- Paddy Power is the largest Irish betting site, with over 250 shops across the country
- The Irish betting market is worth an estimated €1.7 billion annually.
- There are over 10,000 people employed in the gambling industry in Ireland.
- The Irish government collects over €1 billion in taxes from the gambling industry each year.
- Horse racing and the National Lottery are the two most popular forms of gambling in Ireland.
- Other popular forms of gambling include casino games, sports betting, and poker.
- The gambling age in Ireland is 18.
How long does it take to open an online betting account
To open an online betting account takes about 5 minutes.
However, it can on quicker on take longer depending on the site in question.
If you’re interested in live betting on racing or any other sports event, head to our website where you will find all the best offer at the moment.
How do I place a bet online
To place a bet online is simple and easy. With most top betting sites you simply:
- Click on your selection.
- Enter the amount of you wish to bet.
Obviously, to do this you will need to have an online account. If you don’t then refer back to our list of the best online betting sites and choose which Irish site appeals most.
Is online betting legal in Ireland?
Online betting in Ireland is legal and indeed a way of life.
Just ensure your site of choice is accredited and regulated by a relevant legal authority.
Is online betting in Ireland safe?
Online betting in Ireland is safe, if your website of choice is regulated. All those in our list are.
A new betting site will not be allowed to operate without appropriate security protocols in place.
For additional safety for horse racing bettors, avoid using debit or credit cards as payment methods and use an e-wallet. This places an additional layer between the betting website and your personal details.
Irish punters and Irish bookmakers are often on first-name terms in brick-and-mortar betting shops (including their local Paddy Power betting shops) but the world is changing and betting online has many great benefits.
Online gambling is growing increasingly popular in Ireland. If you’re keen to see what the fuss is about – maybe to experiment with in-play betting or just to cash in a casino bonus or up to £30 in free bets – check out our list of Irelands betting sites – to make sure any bet credits for new customers (a free bet) are applied to your account.
There are lots of benefits to betting online such as a variety of payment methods, sign up bonus options, a range of betting markets, as outlined in this guide and lots of great bookies around, so check them out for yourself.
You’ll soon be glad that you did and hopefully grab a juicy offer or free bet as well with a fantastic betting site.
If you need help with gambling in Ireland please visit www.gamblingcare.ie for help, advice and support.
We hope you find an online bookmaker and the best betting site that suits all your needs. Please remember to always gamble responsibly.
Keywords and topics covered – Ireland’s best betting options, independent Ireland betting site options, betting Ireland, Irish gambling sites, Ireland’s betting sites, Irish sites that include poker, bingo, lottery, cash out and in play betting. Betting sites legal status updates.