Paul Mulrennan is a successful jockey UK flat jockey who has been plying his trade for over two decades.
He has ridden winners in some of the biggest races in the United Kingdom and Ireland and has established himself as one of the most consistent and reliable riders in the business.
We take a closer look at Paul Mulrennan’s career and achievements, as well as his background and personal life.
Paul Mulrennan Booked RidesAn unexpected error occurred.
Paul Mulrennan StatsAn unexpected error occurred.
Paul Mulrennan Facts
- Nationality – English
- Height – 5’8
- Age – 41 years old
Paul Mulrennan Big Wins
Paul Mulrennan has had a very successful career as a jockey, and he has won many big races in the UK and Ireland. Some of his biggest wins include:
- Epsom Derby – The Derby is one of the most prestigious races in the world, and Mulrennan won it in 2018 aboard Masar. It was his first win in the race, and he was thrilled to have achieved such a significant milestone.
- St Leger – Mulrennan won the St Leger in 2017 aboard Capri. The St Leger is the final classic race of the season and is run over a distance of 1 mile 6 furlongs and 115 yards.
- Nunthorpe Stakes – Mulrennan won the Nunthorpe Stakes in 2015 aboard Mecca’s Angel. The Nunthorpe Stakes is a Group 1 race run at York over a distance of 5 furlongs and is one of the premier sprint races in the UK.
- July Cup – Mulrennan won the July Cup in 2017 aboard Harry Angel. The July Cup is a Group 1 race run at Newmarket over a distance of 6 furlongs and is one of the most prestigious sprint races in the world.
- Irish 2,000 Guineas – Mulrennan won the Irish 2,000 Guineas in 2011 aboard Roderic O’Connor. The Irish 2,000 Guineas is a Group 1 race run at the Curragh over a distance of 1 mile and is one of the premier races for three-year-old colts in Ireland.
- Prix Maurice de Gheest – Mulrennan won the Prix Maurice de Gheest in 2015 aboard Muhaarar. The Prix Maurice de Gheest is a Group 1 race run at Deauville over a distance of 6 furlongs and is one of the most important sprint races in France.
Early Life and Background
Paul Mulrennan was born on June 12, 1987, in County Meath, Ireland. He grew up in a family with a strong equestrian tradition, and his father was a point-to-point trainer.
Mulrennan started riding ponies when he was just five years old and quickly developed a passion for horse riding.
He joined the racing academy at the age of 16 and began his career as an apprentice jockey in Ireland.
Career in Horse Racing
Mulrennan rode his first winner as an apprentice jockey at the age of 18, and he quickly made a name for himself in the Irish racing scene.
He rode for several trainers, including Jim Bolger and Ger Lyons, and his talent soon caught the attention of trainers in the United Kingdom.
In 2007, he moved to the UK to join the stable of trainer Michael Dods, and he has been based in the country ever since.
Mulrennan has ridden winners in some of the biggest races in the UK and Ireland, including the St Leger, the Irish 2,000 Guineas, and the Epsom Derby.
He has also had success in Group One races, winning the Nunthorpe Stakes in 2015 aboard Mecca’s Angel and the July Cup in 2017 aboard Harry Angel.
Mulrennan is known for his hard work and dedication to his craft, and he is well-respected among his peers and trainers. He has a good understanding of racehorses and is able to get the best out of them, even in difficult circumstances. He is also a shrewd tactician, able to make quick decisions during a race to give himself the best chance of winning.
Outside of racing, Mulrennan is a keen sportsman and enjoys playing golf and football.
He is married to Adele, and the couple has two children.
Mulrennan is known for his down-to-earth personality and his willingness to help others, and he is a popular figure among racing fans and industry professionals alike.
Paul Mulrennan Achievements
Mulrennan has ridden over 1,000 winners in his career, including some of the biggest races in the UK and Ireland.
He has won several Group One races, including the Nunthorpe Stakes, the July Cup, and the Prix Maurice de Gheest. He has also ridden winners in classic races, including the Epsom Derby and the St Leger.
Mulrennan has had a successful partnership with trainer Michael Dods, and the two have enjoyed many big-race wins together. He has also ridden for several other top trainers including William Haggas.
In addition to his success on the track, Mulrennan has also been recognised for his contribution to racing off the track. He has been involved in various charitable initiatives, including raising money for cancer research and supporting injured jockeys.
Paul Mulrennan is a talented and respected jockey who has achieved a great deal of success in his career.
He is known for his hard work, dedication, and shrewd racing tactics, and he has ridden winners in some of the biggest races in the UK and Ireland.
He is a popular figure in the racing world, and his achievements on and off the track have earned him the respect