A tasty eight-race card is set to take place on day two of the Punchestown Festival and our top tipsters have had a look at the full racecard.
While Cheltenham Gold Cup star Minella Indo will not be running in the Punchestown Gold Cup, there is an assortment of top-class talent in the lineup, and we pick out our best bets for Wednesday’s action.
The Irish Mirror Novice Hurdle over 3 miles at 17:20 is the first race on Wednesday’s Punchestown schedule, with three Grade 1s throughout the day.
The Ladbrokes Punchestown Gold Cup at 17:55 puts the best-staying chasers against one another and is the main attraction.
Find our Day 2 Punchestown tips:
- 0.1 3.40 – Adare Manor Opportunity Series Final Handicap Hurdle
- 0.2 4.15 – Connolly’s RED MILLS Irish EBF Auction Hurdle Series Final
- 0.3 4.45 – Louis Fitzgerald Hotel Hurdle
- 0.4 5.20 – Irish Mirror Novice Hurdle
- 0.5 5.55 – Ladbrokes Punchestown Gold Cup
- 0.6 6.30 – Race & Stay At Punchestown Champion I.N.H. Flat Race
- 0.7 7.05 – OMC Claims Handicap Chase
- 0.8 7.45 – Weatherbys General Stud Book Irish EBF Mares Flat Race
- 1 Punchestown Festival Day Two Racing
- 2 Betting on Punchetsown Online Offers
- 3 Summary of Punchestown Day 2 Tips
- 4 2022 Punchestown Festival Related Articles
3.40 – Adare Manor Opportunity Series Final Handicap Hurdle
A trappy big handicap field to start off proceedings on day 2 of the festival.
A chance is taken on Thanksforthehelp who takes the short trip across the pond for Martin Pipe and wears a 1st time tongue tie as looks to exploit what looks like a very workable handicap mark. Guiri for Jessica Harrington has probably been targeted at the race and should go well.
- WIN – Thanksforthehelp
- EW – Guiri
A trappy opener, Thanksforthehelp could get a winner on the board for the British but bets should be kept to a minimum with many dangers lurking.
4.15 – Connolly’s RED MILLS Irish EBF Auction Hurdle Series Final
The selection is Sam’s Choice to add to Gordon Elliott’s fantastic start to the festival.
He looks like he will relish this step up in trip and meets Glengouly on better terms than when narrowly beaten on his last 2 encounters. Freedom to Dream could be a tough nut to crack.
- WIN – Sam’s Choice
- EW – Freedom to Dream
Sam’s Choice is a solid option and we think he’ll go in at the expense of Freedom to Dream.
4.45 – Louis Fitzgerald Hotel Hurdle
Fils D’oudairies is sure to start favourite here and looks impossible to overlook.
He ran into a handicap snip at Aintree last time out where narrowly denied with the front 2 pulling well clear.
A repeat performance will surely suffice today.
- WIN – Fils D’oudairies
- EW – Gibraltar
Fils D’oudairies is a confident selection to get a well-deserved victory under his belt this season.
5.20 – Irish Mirror Novice Hurdle
Minella Crooner was an unfortunate loser behind the progressive Minella Cocooner last time out and went down in many people’s notebooks.
An unfortunate small injury made him miss the Cheltenham Festival making him relatively fresh for this race and looks sure to go close. The Nice Guy has the best form and is the one to beat.
- WIN – Minella Crooner
- EW – The Nice Guy
Minella Crooner and The Nice Guy make an interesting Clash, we expect Minella Crooner to just edge it.
5.55 – Ladbrokes Punchestown Gold Cup
A chance is taken on Clan Des Obeaux to repeat last year’s antics.
He’s taken the exact same route and comes here after a cosy Aintree success.
The mighty Allaho is an obvious danger but I’m not sure the right-handed track will play to his strengths and although he now settles much better than his younger days he’s only 1 from 5 over today’s trip.
- WIN – Can Des Obeaux
- EW – Al Boum Photo
Clan Des Obeaux is a tentative selection ahead of Allaho and Al Boum Photo who we expect to run better than he did in the Gold Cup.
6.30 – Race & Stay At Punchestown Champion I.N.H. Flat Race
Facile Vega did it the hard way in possibly unfavourable conditions in the Cheltenham champion bumper. He looks impossible to oppose here.
- WIN – Facile Vega
A class act, we can’t wait to see Facile Vega; a star in the making.
7.05 – OMC Claims Handicap Chase
Foxy Jacks took this race last year off a 10lb lower mark and although this will be tougher he’s been steadily improving since and looks up for the challenge ahead. He was travelling well and prominent when coming down in the Topham at Aintree and looks sure to give a good account of himself once again.
- WIN – Foxy Jacks
- EW – Annamix
Foxy Jacks looks like he can make amends for an unlucky departure at Aintree, Annamix could run well at bigger odds.
7.45 – Weatherbys General Stud Book Irish EBF Mares Flat Race
Dorans Weir beat Willie Mullins’ Pink in the Park last time out and with no obvious reasons why this horse should reverse form it may pay dividends to stick with the selection.
- WIN – Dorans Weir
- EW – Lily De Berlais
Dorans Weir is a solid performer with further improvement to come. The unbeaten Lily De Berlais could give him most to think about.
Punchestown Festival Day Two Racing
The second day of horse racing at the Punchestown Festival takes place on Wednesday, April 27th 2022.
Here are all the races taking place on the second day of the Punchestown Festival.
- 3.40pm: Adare Manor Opportunity Series Final Handicap Hurdle
- 4.15pm: Red Mills Irish EBF Auction Hurdle Series Final
- 4.45pm: Louis Fitzgerald Hotel Hurdle
- 5.20pm: Irish Mirror Novice Hurdle (Grade 1)
- 5.55pm: Punchestown Gold Cup (Grade 1)
- 6.30pm: Punchestown Champion I.N.H. Flat Race
- 7.05pm: OMC Claims Handicap Chase (Grade A)
- 7.45pm: Irish EBF Mares Flat Race (Grade 3)
Betting on Punchetsown Online Offers
If you are looking to bet at Punchestown check out these great online offers:
- A number of excellent free bets and betting offers are available for Punchestown Festival at bet365 when you sign up today!
- The Coral Punchestown betting offers centre around the welcome bonus when you sign up. There are excellent free bets and betting offers available.
18+ Eligible UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Bet Bull offers great promotions heading into Punchestown Festival, which is good to see for both new and existing customers in the UK.
Min Deposit £10 and bet on sports. Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- 888sport is always very reliable for best odds guaranteed offers and has loads of Punchestown free bet offers this year.
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F – A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market – Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Betfred will be providing an array of betting offers for Punchestown such as free bets and non runner no bet money back.
New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required.Full T&C's Apply
- There will be many Punchestown free bets and betting offers available at Ladbrokes who are known for their dedication to horse racing since forming in 1902!
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Plenty of amazing welcome offer bet credits available from William Hill who sponsor the 17:25 WILLIAM HILL CHAMPION CHASE at Punchestown on Tuesday 26 April 2022.
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- If you are looking to earn some extra winnings from the big races at Punchestown, Unibet have some delightful offers for both new and existing customers.
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org.Full T&C's Apply
- Get top free bets and betting offers for day 4 of the Punchestown when you open an account with SpreadEx and wager £10.
New Customer Offer. T&Cs Apply. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- BetVictor is one of the top horse racing betting sites that offers plenty of betting offers and free bets at Punchestown Festival.
18+ New customers only. Deposit, opt in and place a £10 qualifying bet on Horse Racing at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 3x £10 Horse Racing Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater. Plus, a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw a max of £250. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- Betfair offers outstanding betting offers for existing and new customers, with free bets, sign up bonuses, price boosts and money back refunds.
New Customer offer. Place a min £10 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £30 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- New Paddy Power users should take advantage of the current Punchestown Festival offer, which offers new sign-up customers £60 in free bets when they stake £10 on any race at the top-class meeting.
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion.Full T&C's Apply
Summary of Punchestown Day 2 Tips
Day 2 of Punchestown is set to be a corker and we have gone into detail with our top tips to keep the momentum rolling from day 1 of the festival.
Hopefully, we have picked out a few winners based on the last two decades’ trends.
Best of luck with your wagers!
2022 Punchestown Festival Related Articles
If you have enjoyed this Punchestown Festival page, here are some other articles related to Punchestown betting you may also like:
- Punchestown Champion Chase
- Punchestown Champion Four Year Old Hurdle
- Punchestown Champion Hurdle
- Punchestown Champion INH Flat Race
- Punchestown Champion Novice Chase
- Punchestown Champion Novice Hurdle
- Punchestown Champion Stayers Hurdle
- Punchestown Festival
- Punchestown Festival Betting Offers
- Punchestown Festival Day 1 Tips
- Punchestown Festival DAY 2 Tips
- Punchestown Festival DAY 3 Tips
- Punchestown Festival DAY 4 Tips
- Punchestown Festival DAY 5 Tips
- Punchestown Gold Cup
- Punchestown Racecourse
- Punchestown Ryanair Novice Chase
- When is the Punchestown Festival 2022?
These include reviews of betting sites and Punchestown Festival races, Punchestown tips and more.