Lucky enough to have won on a Lucky 15 bet? Happy days!
Now you’ll want to calculate how much you’ve won using our great Lucky 15 bet calculator below. Congratulations.
How to Use the Lucky 15 bet Calculator
Here is the step by step guide how to use the Lucky 15 bet calculator:
- Select “Lucky 15” on the ‘Bet Type’ dropdown
- The ‘Number of Selections’ should default to 4 selections
- Select the ‘Outcome’ for each selection like “Winner”, “Placed”, “Lost”
- Select the ‘Odds’ for each selection like “6/1”, “12/1”, “15/2”
- Select the ‘Stake’ wagered per bet like “£1”, “£3”, “£8”
- The Lucky 15 bet Calculator will work out total outlay, total return and total profit
Lucky 15 Bet Explained
So, exactly what is a Lucky 15 bet?
This is the collective name given to 15 separate bets that come together to make up one main bet – and by placing a Lucky Fifteen, you automatically increase your chances of getting a return.
To place this type of bet, you’ll need to choose 4 selections, and the betting breakdown will be as follows:
- 4 x singles
- 6 x doubles
- 4 x trebles
- 1 x fourfold accumulator
As you can see, the bets above add up to 15, therefore your unit stake will be multiplied by 15 to make up the total stake for your bet. For example, a 10p Lucky 15 bet will cost you a total of £1.50.
If you are feeling lucky – maybe try this bet today? It is one of the most popular with the teams here.
How Can I Work Out My Winnings on a Lucky 15?
It can be tricky with so many different elements to work out (your total return will depend on your total stake of course) but fear not we have done the hard work so just use our Lucky 15 bet calculator today.
All you need to do is enter your stake, results and places and we will do all the work.
If you are wondering how do you work out a lucky 15 bet manually here is a formula for a win lucky 15 bet:
- Add 2 points onto any winning odds selection (i.e. 5-1 =7, 12-1=14)
- Multiply the points together for how many winners you have (i.e. 3-1 winner and 4-1 winner = 5×6=30 points)
- Minus one point off the total points
- Multiply these points by your stake
- The total winnings are now worked out for your returns
For example, if you placed a correct score Lucky Fifteen bet with a unit stake of £1 (total stake £15) and all your selections were priced at 6/1, here’s what you could expect…
- 1 winner and 3 losers would return £7, giving you a loss of £8
- 2 winners and 2 losers would return £63, giving you a profit of £48
- 3 winners and 1 loser would return £511, giving you a profit of £496
- 4 winners and 0 losers would return £4095, giving you a profit of £4080
As you can see, there is potential to get great returns from a 15 bet, while still having that little reassurance that you could still get a decent return even if some of your selections lose. So, instead of placing an accumulator, why not try a Lucky 15 for your next bet?
What Betting Companies Accept Lucky 15 Bets?
There are plenty of sportsbook sites which enable you to place this type of bet so it’s worth looking out for if you join a new site.
Here is a list of betting companies which offer lucky 15 free bets:
Can You Do An Each-Way Bet?
Yes, it’s also possible to do an each-way bet, but as your stake is doubled on all other each-way bets, the same applies to a Lucky 15 – so a 10p each-way Lucky Fifteen bet will set you back £3.
Each way lucky 15s are more difficult to work out your winnings because you have the win-win and place-place bets to calculate.
Our free bet calculator lucky 15 for each way bets do all the heavy lifting for you and works out all potential returns for your placed bets and odds submitted.
When placing an EW bet you can have it equally divided when going inside betting shops but generally online the equally divided each-way bets are not accepted.
What are The Benefits?
The benefit of a Lucky 15 bet is that they don’t all have to win.
It’s happened to all of us – we’ve put on an accumulator, all is going well and then there always seems to be that one selection that lets us down.
If that sound’s all too familiar, maybe it’s a time change things up a little by trying out a Lucky 15 bet.
It’s a very popular Saturday afternoon bet – obviously, the more that place or win the better – but it means your bet is active to the end.
What Happens If You Have a Non-Runner?
You will be pleased to know what happens if you have a non-runner in a Lucky 15 is that your bet will still go ahead with the other three selections.
When placing Lucky 15s and one of your selections is a non-runner the bet will stand on any remaining selections. This means any single bets on non-runners will be void. The Double bets that contain a non-runner will become Singles, Treble bets become Doubles and the Accumulator will now be a Treble.
The lucky fifteen bets will still stand and go ahead but it will be calculated removing the non-runner, obviously, the number of multiple bets will also be decreased, a rule 4 won’t necessarily be applied.
Do You Get A Bonus On a Lucky 15?
Yes, it depends on the bookmaker but often double the odds or even treble odds – if you only get one winner.
This can vary from bookie to bookie, check out our full guide to all betting sites and see which one works for you.
Here is a list of bonuses available for the various sports betting brands:
- Betfred Lucky 15 Bonus is treble the odds for 1 winner and 10% added for 4 winners
- Ladbrokes Lucky 15 Bonus is double the odds for 1 winner and 10% added for 4 winners
- The BetVictor lucky 15 bonuses are for double the odds for 1 winner and a 10% additional bonus added for all 4 winners on your lucky 15 bet
- William Hill Lucky 15 Bonus is double the odds for 1 winner and 10% added for 4 winners
- Unibet Lucky 15 Bonus is double the odds for one winner and 10% added for four winners
- The coral lucky 15 bonus is for double the odds for 1 winner and a 10% additional bonus added for all 4 winners on your lucky 15 bet
- Paddy Power Lucky 15 offer no bonus or consolation is offered, so we do not recommend for lucky 15s
- Bet365 Lucky 15 offer no bonus or consolation is offered, so we do not recommend for lucky 15s
It’s always good practice to compare lucky 15 bonuses to make sure you get the best deals available.
How Many Winners Do You Need For A Return?
You only need one selection to win to guarantee a return.
The more you have the better of course and a greater return – but just one winner or place will see you get a return.
Many punters ask “Do all horses have to win on a Lucky 15?” and as the bet includes singles unlike a Yankee then one winner or placed selection can get you a return.
Which Sports Can You Do a Lucky 15 For?
There’s a common misconception that Lucky 15 bets are reserved for horse racing or greyhounds, but that’s just not true. There’s nothing special about this style of betting, it is essentially a Yankee bet, but with the addition of 4 singles – therefore, you can place a Lucky 15 on anything you like.
You can even mix it up. So you could, in theory, have a horse race, tennis match, football and rugby.
Football Lucky 15s
Lucky 15s on football betting is very popular.
Why not try to pick out 4 draws, or try choosing correct scores or first goal scorers?
If you do this, you’ll find that you can make a healthy profit, even if only 2 of your selections win.
Horse Racing Lucky 15s
The most popular bets on lucky 15s are the win wagered on 4 high priced racehorses.
With many online bookmakers offering double the odds or even triple the odds you only need to get one of the four horses to get their head in front for profit.
How to Place a lucky 15 Bet?
Here is a step by step guide on how to place lucky 15 Bet:
- Choose four racehorses you want to bet on
- Add all 4 selections to your betting slip
- Look under the ‘multiple’ segment and tick ‘lucky 15’
- Enter the stake that you want to bet (bear in mind your stake will be multiplied by 15)
- Double-check your choices and click ‘place bets’
Use of Lucky 15 Bet Calculator to work out your winnings today, also check out our comprehensive website which covers lots of different racing subjects in detail, everything from our racecourse guides to our events.
Good luck and congratulation on your win!
- 1 How to Use the Lucky 15 bet Calculator
- 2 Lucky 15 Bet Explained
- 3 How Can I Work Out My Winnings on a Lucky 15?
- 4 What Betting Companies Accept Lucky 15 Bets?
- 5 Can You Do An Each-Way Bet?
- 6 What are The Benefits?
- 7 What Happens If You Have a Non-Runner?
- 8 Do You Get A Bonus On a Lucky 15?
- 9 How Many Winners Do You Need For A Return?
- 10 Which Sports Can You Do a Lucky 15 For?
- 11 How to Place a lucky 15 Bet?
- 12 Summary
- 13 Betting Calculators
We have created a bet calculator for every type of bet you can place on horse racing.
Here is the full list of horse racing betting calculators:
- Accumulator Bet Calculator
- Alphabet Bet Calculator
- Canadian Bet Calculator
- Double Bet Calculator
- Double Stakes About Bet Calculator
- Goliath Bet Calculator
- Goliath Flag Bet Calculator
- Heinz Bet Calculator
- Heinz Flag Bet Calculator
- Lucky 15 Calculator
- Lucky 31 Bet Calculator
- Lucky 63 Bet Calculator
- Patent Bet Calculator
- Round Robin Bet Calculator
- Single Bet Calculator
- Single Stakes About Bet Calculator
- Super Flag Bet Calculator
- Super Heinz Bet Calculator
- Super Heinz Flag Bet Calculator
- Super Yankee Bet Calculator
- Treble Bet Calculator
- Trixie Bet Calculator
- Union Jack Patent Bet Calculator
- Union Jack Round Robin Bet Calculator
- Union Jack Trebles Bet Calculator
- Union Jack Trixie Bet Calculator
- Yankee Bet Calculator