If you are wondering what 50/1 means in betting you have come to the right place.
The 50 to 1 odds of an event happening is the likelihood or probability of that result. 50-1 odds are popular in football betting and for horse racing events in the UK and are a shade shorter than 66-1 odds in the betting market.
As a knowledgeable sports bettor, if you like to wager bets on horses at a big price like 50-1 you should check the list of best betting sites for E/W bets online.
In our 50-1 online sports betting odds guide, we explain what 50 to 1 odds mean?, what is the 50 to 1 probability and show you what a 50 to 1 odds payout would be.
- 1 What does 50 to 1 odds mean?
- 2 50-1 Odds Calculator
- 3 50 to 1 Implied Probability
- 4 Convert 50-1 Odds to American Moneyline Odds?
- 5 50 to 1 odds payout
- 6 Popular Questions
- 7 Facts About 50 to 1 Betting Odds
- 8 UK Bookmakers Free Bets
- 9 Summary of 50 to 1 Odds
What does 50 to 1 odds mean?
50-1 Betting Odds means that out of 51 possible outcomes, the 50/1 odds are that there will be 50 of one kind of outcome and 1 of another kind of outcome.
The 50-1 odds calculation means for every 51 betting events your selection should win 1 time and on 50 occasions the selection will not win.
50-1 Odds Calculator
Here is a 50/1 odds calculator to work out the potential winnings of a 50-1 priced winner.
How To Use The 50/1 odds payout calculator?
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to use the free online 50-1 odds calculator:
- ‘Bet Type’ will already be selected as a single bet
- Select the ‘Outcome’ of “Winner”, “Placed”, “Lost”, “Dead Heat”, “Void” or “Non-runner”
- Select the ‘Odds’ of 50-1
- Select the ‘Stake’ wagered
- The 50/1 odds payout calculator will then work out total outlay, total return and total profit
50 to 1 Implied Probability
The 50-1 betting odds probability is a 98.04 per cent probability of a particular outcome and 1.96 per cent probability of another outcome.
The 50/1 odds implied probability means your selection has a 1.96% chance of winning and a 98.04% chance the selection will lose.
Convert 50-1 Odds to American Moneyline Odds?
The conversion of 50-1 odds to American Moneyline odds is 5000.
- Conversion to American Odds is calculated by (51.0 – 1.0)* 100 = 5000
Money line odds (aka “American” odds or “U.S.” odds) of 5000 is the equivalent to 50-1 Fractional odds (aka “British” odds, “U.K.” odds, or “traditional” odds).
50 to 1 odds payout
If you wager a bet on a 50/1 betting odds selection and you win, your total payout will be 51.00 which is your stake back plus 50.00 profit.
Here are some examples of 50-1 odds payouts:
- £1 bet on a 50/1 pick returns a total return of £51.00
- 50/1 odds £5 bet returns £255 including your stake back
- £10 bet on 50/1 returns a total return of £510.00
- £50 bet on 50/1 betting odds returns a total return of £2550.00
- £100 bet on 50/1 odds returns a total return of £5100.0
- £250 bet on 50-1 odds returns a total return of £12750.00
Are 50/1 Odds Good?
50/1 odds are great because for every £1 winning bet you will return £50 profit.
The 50-1 odds reflect the chances of your selection and bookmakers will think it has a good chance at 50/1.
At 50-1 horse odds you could look to bet each way and still show a good profit if the selection is only placed.
Many punters ask if 50/1 odds good or bad and the boring answer is it depends on whether it is value for money in the betting market. A 50-1 winner is good odds and a 50/1 loser is bad odds.
What is 50-1 odds in decimal?
50/1 fractional odds is 51 in decimal.
The fractional odds of 50 to 1 in decimals is 51.00 which means for every £1 win stake you get £51 returns if it wins.
Facts About 50 to 1 Betting Odds
- 50-1 are fractional odds
- 50-1 betting odds are slightly shorter than 66-1
- 50-1 betting odds are slightly larger than 33-1 odds
- 50-1 is a long price in large field horse racing events
- 50-1 odds are a big outsider in a two-selection event
- 50-1 odds have a 1.96 per cent of winning
- 50-1 fractional odds in decimal odds is 51.00
UK Bookmakers Free Bets
When new customers sign up to UK bookmakers they usually receive a free bet welcome bonus.
If you are wondering how the 50/1 odds work when placing bets on sports betting markets with a free bet we can work out your winning bets potential outcomes.
When you have placed a qualifying bet to receive free bets it is worth understanding on any free bet wins you do not get your stake back.
- £1 free bet on a 50/1 returns a winning bets total return of £50
- 50/1 odds £5 free bet returns £250 win bets total
- 50/1 odds £10 free bet returns £500 bet wins total
- £20 free bet on 50/1 odds return £1000.00 winning bets total
- £40 bet on 50/1 odds returns a total return of £2000.00
Summary of 50 to 1 Odds
If you have placed a bet on a 50-1 pick and it has won then we have a bet calculator online you can use to work out your returns on a 50/1 winner.
|Fraction Odds||Decimal Odds||American||Probability|
The bet calculator allows you to work out winnings on some of the following bets where you might have a 50-1 shot in the bets:
- Online Lucky 15 Calculator
- Online Lucky 31 Calculator
- Online Yankee Calculator
- Online Patent Calculator
When you are looking to place bets on the top rated horse racing betting websites online or through your mobile phone on the best sportsbook betting applications if your selection is a 50-1 chance of winning you want to try and choose an online bookmaker that offers the best odds guaranteed in September 2023.
If you are looking to place a bet then understanding the betting odds market is important as you want to choose your picks based on the value in the betting ring.
Here are all the betting odds guides we have created at British Racecourses.
- 1-1 Betting Odds
- 1-2 Betting Odds
- 1-3 Betting Odds
- 1-5 Betting Odds
- 10-1 Betting Odds
- 10-11 Betting Odds
- 10-3 Betting Odds
- 100-1 Betting Odds
- 11-10 Betting Odds
- 11-2 Betting Odds
- 11-4 Betting Odds
- 11-5 Betting Odds
- 11-8 Betting Odds
- 12-1 Betting Odds
- 12-5 Betting Odds
- 13-2 Betting Odds
- 13-5 Betting Odds
- 13-8 Betting Odds
- 14-1 Betting Odds
- 15-2 Betting Odds
- 15-8 Betting Odds
- 16-1 Betting Odds
- 16-5 Betting Odds
- 2-1 Betting Odds
- 2-5 Betting Odds
- 20-1 Betting Odds
- 25-1 Betting Odds
- 3-1 Betting Odds
- 33-1 Betting Odds
- 4-1 Betting Odds
- 4-11 Betting Odds
- 4-5 Betting Odds
- 4-6 Betting Odds
- 4-7 Betting Odds
- 4-9 Betting Odds
- 5-1 Betting Odds
- 5-2 Betting Odds
- 5-4 Betting Odds
- 5-6 Betting Odds
- 50-1 Betting Odds
- 6-1 Betting Odds
- 6-4 Betting Odds
- 6-5 Betting Odds
- 66-1 Betting Odds
- 7-1 Betting Odds
- 7-2 Betting Odds
- 7-4 Betting Odds
- 7-5 Betting Odds
- 8-1 Betting Odds
- 8-11 Betting Odds
- 8-13 Betting Odds
- 8-15 Betting Odds
- 8-5 Betting Odds
- 9-1 Betting Odds
- 9-2 Betting Odds
- 9-4 Betting Odds
- 9-5 Betting Odds
- Betting Odds Drifting
- Betting Odds Shortening
- How To Understand Betting Odds
- Starting Price Betting
Many punters who understand the 50-1 odds and betting markets utilise the new sportsbook bookmakers bonus offers they give in opening new accounts and the bookies incentivise signing up with great horse racing free bets online.
We hope your 50 to 1 odds pick is a winning selection and please always gamble responsibly.