Are you looking for a new betting site? If so welcome to our review where we look at the best new betting websites for sports betting in the UK.
There is a huge range of betting sites around and lots of new ones popping on the market every week; it is therefore hard to keep up to date and to figure out which are the top-rated.
However, fear not, our experienced betting and horse racing teams, along with our in-house tipsters, have gone through and looked at the very best new sports betting sites to help you make an informed decision.
The betting teams here have tried and tested all of the latest sites listed, below, evaluating the newest and most recently launched sites, and everything that they have to offer.
We have listed a variety of new betting site options – that are fresh and trending with new punters – so whether you are a casual Saturday punter or a more hardened pro, there will be something to suit you.
Many of these new betting sites offer great incentives for new players too such as sign-up offers, generous ongoing perks and a whole range of other benefits.
We have considered various factors when ranking the best new betting sites, this list is also reviewed and updated every month to make sure you stay ahead of the pack.
New Betting Sites in 2024 – The Results
From our research below are the best new betting sites:
- Tote Horse Racing
- William Hill
- Paddy Power
Read on and discover the criteria we considered when selecting these new bookmakers.
Why Should I Use A New Betting Site?
You should use a new betting site if you are looking for something exciting and fresh.
Many people overlook new betting sites in the UK simply because they have gotten used to the traditional and well-established betting websites they currently use.
One of the main benefits of new UK betting sites is that they are often hungry to attract new punters. Whilst they provide many of the same benefits of established high-street bookmakers – in terms of high-quality software, live steaming, lots of betting payment options, best odds guaranteed and ease of use – they can be generous with welcome offers.
One of the main privileges of joining a new sports betting site is that they all provide generous welcome bonus offers for new UK customers but many popel sign up for a change of luck and scenery.
New online sports betting sites are looking to entice new players, which we think is generally a good thing, as it encourages healthy competition between all the online bookmakers.
Basically, new can always seem scary but there are lots of incentives to be taken advantage of!
What to Look for With a New Online Bookmaker?
We think you should look for the following in a new online bookmaker:
- A friendly and easy-to-use interface
- A range of deposit and withdrawal methods
- A range of bet types
- Associated betting apps
- A range of sports betting options
- Live streaming
- Cash-out features
- Bet builders
- Best odds guaranteed
- Free bet credits (often free bets valid for 7 days) with qualifying bets for new and existing customers
- Bonus bets on racing, football or other sports
- Good customer service
You should also think about what you use the site for and how regularly you want to bet when choosing a new betting site.
Before joining a new bookmaker, be sure to look through the features personally. It is always good to compare online betting sites based on your personal preferences to find something perfect – as they all offer something different.
A welcome bonus or bonus offer is one of the biggest draws of all new betting sites.
These types of welcome offer options are especially popular with new bookies who are looking to attract new customers in a competitive betting world.
A welcome offer or a sign-up offer is a great and easy-to-understand incentive.
There are lots of newcomers and new betting sites in the online betting industry, all of which are competing for your and other punters’ attention. The main way they attempt to attract new UK customers is by offering the best welcome offers and one-off sign up offer options.
“Bookies joining offers” vary but typical new customer offers include the below:
- Free Bets – when you sign up with a new bookmaker as a new customer, you will often be rewarded with a free bet or free bets. A free horse racing bet generally requires a minimum deposit and wager first. For instance, some latest betting sites give you £30 to play as a free bet when you bet £10. Free bets are a popular bonus offer and one of the favourites here at British Racecourses as they are easy to use.
- Money-Back – another popular offer with online betting sites is a money-back promo. It enables you to lose the first bet and get your stake back as a free bet.
- Free Cash – you can get rewarded with free cash when you join a new betting website. This can sometimes be a “no-deposit offer”, or it can be a “first deposit offer” (also known as a first deposit bonus).
- Price Boost – a price boost comes in many forms – LeoVegas horse racing is currently offering to double your winnings. Other betting sites will boost the odds when you place a bet, you just click a button on your bet slip and this will be applied.
Horse racing bookies and betting websites, in general, are constantly going the extra mile for new customers, so keep a lookout for the latest deals.
Are New Bettings Sites and Online Gambling Site Options Safe To Use?
All of the new sites we list are safe and secure.
One of the tricky things when it comes to new betting websites is that many customers do not know who to trust.
Safety and security and a massive factor for many, especially where money and personal details are being traded.
The best way to ensure you are joining a reputable betting site is to check the online reviews.
You can be confident that we only promote popular betting websites and new bookmakers (UK) that we have trialled and reviewed – ultimately making sure that we offer the best and most trustworthy possible sites around. That said you should only decide if you are 100% happy yourselves.
Other ways to check safety and security when looking for a betting site include, looking for any audits, gambling licenses and gambling advice, all of which should be contained on a sports betting site as a matter of law.
All the betting sites we recommend have this and comply with the relevant laws.
To find this information all you have to do is scroll to the bottom of the homepage of any established bookmaker and betting site and you will find all of the above information, as well as external links to check these.
You should always be sure that any new betting site you join is licensed with at least one of the following – Malta Gaming Authority, Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner or UK Gambling Commission.
Ongoing Offers For New and Existing Players
Ongoing betting promotions on an active betting account include:
- Money-back – similarly to the welcome offer – you can get money back on certain bets. Sometimes they will offer a promo for a particular horse racing event and if your bet loses, you get your money back; ultimately creating a risk-free bet for you. Sometimes there may be a minimum stake involved.
- Price Boosts – lots of top UK bookmakers provide customers with price boosts, this is an offer for loyal customers to help increase any possible winnings.
- Extra Places – a great promotion we are seeing more often with established online bookmakers as well as all new bookmakers, is one that rewards you with extra places for racing. If you bet each way, but you just miss out on the top three places, you could still win if you have opted for extra places when placing your bet.
- Best odds guaranteed – most of these sites all offer the best odds guaranteed so you don’t need to shop around to check if you are getting value for money – again it gives you peace of mind.
- Enhanced odds – these are very similar to price boosts (sometimes called “odds boosts”), where you can select a horse to have its own odds increase; so if it wins you get better odds and you win more! Not all bookmakers offer this but many do and it’s something which we like as often it means a profit boost if you win!
- Free bets – sometimes you can just be given a free bet or an amount credited to an account. Sometimes you may need a qualifying bet to use this free bet, other times it will be a cash credit (sometimes it can even be a deposit bonus – meaning that more money is added when you pay into your account). Free bets are a great perk.
Ongoing offers are hugely important to keep current customers happy.
Looking after existing customers is hugely important for all betting companies so many send out offers to existing players.
It’s easy to become preoccupied with the welcome offers offered by new betting sites but also check the site for ongoing deals, as you’ll be using the new betting site more than once.
Sports Betting Markets with New Bookmakers
A wide variety of sports betting markets are key to new bookmakers.
Whilst we are a racing site dedicated to horses and UK racing, we are aware that many of you also enjoy a variety of sports and look for a wide range of UK sports betting markets (sportsbook related markets and football betting markets).
Therefore you may want your betting account to offer broad sports betting markets and competitive odds across a range of markets and events.
All the betting websites we have selected cover a full range of sports markets, everything from Premier League football & tennis to rugby, hockey and athletics. Many also have live casino options. Essentially they all cover the UK sports market and aren’t just “racing sites” as such, but full sporting betting sites for you to enjoy.
The Interface of a Sports Betting Site – Ease of Use For All
An easy to use interface of a sports betting app is key.
All of these new UK betting sites are smooth and easy to navigate around – all having a good betting platform.
Nobody likes a clunky online sports betting website that is difficult to use.
All of the brand-new betting sites listed can be enjoyed on all devices, they are easy to use and have a user-friendly interface whether you are on a home PC or on the move.
Betting apps are important for a new betting site as most bets are now placed from a mobile device.
The sites listed are mobile-compatible or have a mobile betting app.
This means you can effortlessly enjoy the bookmakers and betting on your mobile phone or tablet at a time to suit you with a great mobile experience.
Mobile betting is such an important factor for all new bookies – it as is one of the most popular and growing ways that people like to bet.
You do not necessarily need to download an app when betting online if you don’t want to, most modern sites are now embedded with HTML-5, and this allows you to easily play from your phone. You won’t need to do anything, sit back and allow the site to load the mobile or desktop-friendly site, you can then enjoy betting from your mobile.
Alternatively, you can, of course, download an app for iOS or Android. Go to the App Store or Google Play, you can download the specific best betting app for free, and it will provide you quick access to the site and keep up to date with all new UK betting sites 2024 and offers that are available to you.
Live streaming is key to any sports betting website.
We think streaming is particularly important when you want to watch racing and you’re not by a TV.
Again, this is something that most people expect from new bookies or a sports betting site with a UK license.
This streaming doesn’t just cover racing though, they also cover most sporting events including football & racing, as well as even hockey and athletics (in some cases even online casino).
Basically, it means that once you have placed a bet you get to watch it and enjoy it.
Many of these sports betting websites all have live betting and you can bet or lay a horse or sporting event (including football betting) whilst it’s happening.
This form of live betting and in-play betting has gained in popularity over the past few years with the inception of digital betting.
Customer Service for New Betting Sites
Customer service is paramount to any betting website.
With any UK betting site, new or established, you always want top-class customer support. All of the betting websites offer top-notch customer service for UK customers.
High levels of customer service is something that all new sites strive for, as they know happy players will come back time and time again.
Many of these sites also offer “live chat” support, so you don’t have to wait or hold on a phone if you have a problem or have any questions or queries.
Payment and Deposit Options
Payment and deposit options are very important factors to consider when registering to a new bookie.
All of the online bookmakers we reviewed are UK licensed and have a range of deposit method options and banking options for UK players, you can use debit cards or even Paypal with some.
Withdrawal times vary so it’s worth checking out that when signing up to any new account. Some payment method restrictions may apply so check individually.
Online Feedback and Reviews
Online reviews and direct feedback can give truthful insight into am online bookmaker.
What do current customers say about the betting site that you are interested in?
It’s always good to see what other people are saying about the new bet sites that you are potentially looking to join.
Many will leave specific reviews about racing betting as well as other sports betting info so you should get a balanced and realistic opinion.
Betting Limits – Stay in Control
Personal betting limits are very important so you can be in control of your betting.
With most new betting sites it is easy to stay in control of your gambling at all times. This is because they allow you to set your own personal betting limits – these can be daily, weekly and monthly gambling controls.
If you choose to implement a betting limit this will be introduced immediately on most sites, if you wish to increase gambling limits this normally takes 24 hours.
Cash Out Features
Cash out features are now available on most new betting sites.
Most of the best new betting sites are also cash out betting sites, these are increasingly popular, especially on multiple bets.
This means that you can cash out a bet early at a price given by the bookmaker. We really enjoy the cash-out feature here at British Racecourses.
Max Pay-Out Options to Suit You
Are you looking for a maximum payout betting site, those that tend to “bet big” look for sites like this.
Everyone has different budgets and personal limits for their betting.
We strongly promote responsible gambling but this factor is something that is important to those who seek to make money from their gambling.
Form Guides for Racing
Most new betting websites all have great form guides for racing, this will include info on runners, riders and trainer form.
All these ones we recommend have great form guides for free, as standard.
Is It Worth Joining a New Online Bookmaker?
It is worth joining new bookies as they provide bonuses (typically with your 1st deposit) that sometimes established bookies cannot match, as well as fixed-odds betting and BOG.
Our guide has tried to highlight the best new betting account deals but these change all the time so do check back if you haven’t found something you like today.
What to Look for in a New Betting Sites – Checklist
When exploring a new betting site in the UK, it’s essential to consider several key factors to ensure a secure, enjoyable, and trustworthy betting experience.
Here’s a comprehensive list on what to look for:
- Licence and Regulation: Prioritise betting sites that hold a valid license from the UK Gambling Commission. This certification ensures that the site operates within legal frameworks and upholds stringent standards for player protection and fair gaming.
- Security Measures: Opt for sites equipped with robust security measures, including SSL encryption, to safeguard your personal and financial information against unauthorized access and cyber threats.
- Diverse Betting Markets: A reputable betting site should offer a wide array of sports and betting markets, catering to diverse interests and preferences among punters.
- User-Friendly Interface: Seek platforms with an intuitive, user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate both on desktop and mobile devices.
- Bonuses and Promotions: Look out for enticing welcome bonuses, free bet offers, and ongoing promotions. However, be sure to thoroughly review the terms and conditions, including wagering requirements and other stipulations.
- Payment Options: Choose a site that provides a variety of secure and convenient payment methods, including credit/debit cards, e-wallets (such as PayPal and Skrill), and bank transfers.
- Swift Payouts: A reliable betting site ensures prompt processing of withdrawals, delivering your winnings without unnecessary delays.
- Customer Support: Prioritise platforms with responsive customer support available through multiple channels, such as live chat, email, and telephone. Effective assistance is vital for a seamless experience.
- Mobile Compatibility: Select a site that boasts a mobile-responsive design or offers a dedicated mobile app, enabling you to place bets on the go with ease.
- Live Betting and Streaming: If you relish live betting and streaming, opt for sites that provide these features, enhancing your engagement with immersive in-play options.
- Competitive Odds: Assess the odds and lines offered across various events, comparing them with other reputable bookmakers to ensure competitive returns.
- Reviews and Reputation: Delve into user reviews and feedback to gauge the site’s reputation, reliability, and customer satisfaction levels.
- Responsible Gambling Tools: Look for platforms that offer responsible gambling tools, including deposit limits, self-exclusion options, and access to resources promoting responsible gambling.
- Terms and Conditions: Carefully review the site’s terms and conditions to fully understand the rules, policies, and any potential limitations.
- Additional Features: Some platforms present unique features like cash-out functionalities, bet-building options, and virtual sports. Opt for sites aligning with your specific preferences.
Frequently Asked Questions About New Online Bookmakers UK in February 2024
Check out some recent questions we’ve been asked about the best new betting sites:
- “What should I look for in a new sports betting site, what do you think makes the best new bookmakers stand out for new players?” Obviously, much of it boils down to personal choice, personally, an easy-to-use interface and live streaming is important to us – so you can enjoy all of the action, whether that is a Monday at Doncaster races or a Friday night at Dundalk Stadium. In terms of other important factors which we think make the best new gambling sites, we’d say make sure you can get some free bets, a good bonus offer, a range of payment methods and a good mobile app; all these are important to you get maximum enjoyment.
- “Which are the best new online betting sites UK?” That is kind of up to you but with the rise of mobile betting, many new sites operate just online and don’t have any physical betting shops. Established bookies such as William Hill successfully have great online and in-person options whilst many of the best new UK bookmakers just exist online – we think that is the way forward as most bets in 2021 are now placed online.
- “Are the newest betting sites safe?” Basically yes. The online betting world is crowded but it is thankfully heavily governed so you can be assured that most are safe and you are protected. New gambling sites are vetted for safety in terms of holding your money as well as emotional well-being, so you are betting within your limits. As the phrase goes “when the fun stops, stop”, new bookies are all aware of this and thankfully this mantra is well observed.
Before committing to a new betting site, invest time in thorough research and comparisons. Reading reviews, testing the platform’s functionality, and considering the above factors will empower you to make an informed decision that harmonizes with your betting inclinations and requirements.
Summary – New Online Betting Sites in February 2024
As you can see there are lots of betting companies and new bookies out there vying for new customers. It can seem like a minefield trying to find the right one.
All the new betting site options we have recommended on this page are fully licensed and endorse responsible gaming, they offer a range of UK betting options and betting opportunities, have in-play betting and live betting, a smooth betting experience, some offer exchange betting (or a betting exchange), a variety of payment methods and deposit methods, in-play betting, bonus offer options, special offers and sign up offers for new players who open a new account (this could be a welcome offer in cash, a deposit bonus, betting offers or a free bet), competitive odds, betting exchange options and more.
Finally, at British Racecourses we strongly advocate gambling responsibly and before signing up for any UK-licensed betting account be sure you check full terms and conditions. Online gambling should always be fun and not anything else.
We hope you have found a great new website that you can enjoy for years to come.
Please always bet responsibly when you open a brand new betting site.
Begambleaware.org please gamble responsibly with all horse racing betting sites and your bet wagers.
Subjects covered – range of betting markets, free bet – qualifying real money bet, sports betting industry overview, online sports betting site, football betting, enhanced odds, football betting sites, in play betting, bet builder on sporting events.