Before joining a new sports betting website you’ll want to make sure they’re both reputable and also offer what you are looking for. There is now a huge range of new betting sites around for you to consider and lots of news one popping on the market seemingly every week, however, fear not, our teams have gone through and looked at a wide range of the very best new sports betting sites to help you make a decision.
If you’re on the lookout for a new betting site then this page is the best place to search for something to suit you.
We have looked at literal “new sites” on the market as well as established and well-known online bookers who are offering incentives for “new customers”. We, therefore, have a variety of options; so whether you are a casual or more professional punter there will be something to suit you here.
All of the online bookmakers listed are ones that our teams have tried and tested.
Many of these betting sites offer great incentives for new players, generous on-going perks for existing ones and a whole range of other benefits which are worth considering. We explore them here.
Best New Betting Sites – The Results
From our research in August 2020, the below are what we consider to be the best new betting sites for new customers.
You can either read more on our individual dedicated pages to each of them or simply sign up today to take advantage of the great offers.
New Customers Only. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
New UK & NI customers only. 18+. Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet at a minimum of £10 in one bet transaction at evens (2.0) +. £30 paid in free bets within 48 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. Doesn’t apply to customers who place their first bet on the Virtual Grand National. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. Your first bet must be settled within 60 days of bet placement. SMS validation may be required. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. PayPal and certain deposit and bet types excluded. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days. Full T&C's Apply
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 25x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&C's Apply
Alternatively, read on and find out about the criteria we took into consideration when selecting these betting sites as well as looking at other general questions we took on board when choosing our new betting sites on the market today.
- 1 Best New Betting Sites – The Results
- 2 Why Should I Use A New Betting Site?
- 3 What to Look for With a New Online Bookmaker
- 3.1 Welcome Promotions and Welcome Bonus
- 3.2 Safety & Security – Are New Betting Sites Safe?
- 3.3 Ongoing Offers For Customers and Punters
- 3.4 Sports Betting Markets – UK Gambling
- 3.5 The Interface of a Betting Site – Ease of Use
- 3.6 Mobile-Friendly and UK Betting Apps
- 3.7 Live Streaming for International and UK Sports
- 3.8 Customer Support and Customer Service
- 3.9 Payment Methods For New Online Bookies
- 4 Are the Newest Betting Sites Safe?
- 5 Is It Worth Joining New Bookies?
- 6 Summary – New Online Sports Betting Sites
- 7 Other Top Racing Betting Brands
Why Should I Use A New Betting Site?
Many people overlook new betting sites simply because they have got to used to the betting site they currently use and are familiar with it but there are benefits for using and signing up to new ones.
One of the main privileges of joining a new betting site is that they all provide generous offers for new customers.
“New betting sites” are often hungry to attract new customer and they offer many of the same benefits of the established bookmakers (in terms high-quality software, live steaming, lots of payment options, best odds and ease of use) but they often provide bigger welcome promotions than the standard and on-going promos that customers are receiving with their current betting site. They are basically looking to entice new players which we think is generally a good thing. We think it’s all healthy competition!
What to Look for With a New Online Bookmaker
Before joining a new bookmaker, be sure to look through the features personally. In the betting sites we have selected above we specifically looked at the criteria below which we think is essential information to take on board:
Welcome Promotions and Welcome Bonus
A welcome bonus is one of the biggest features and draws of all betting sites (and especially new bookies joining the industry) who are looking to attract new customers.
As we mentioned, there are lots of newcomers and new betting sites in the betting industry, all of which are competing for your and others punters’ attention. The main way they attempt to attract new customers is by offering the best welcome offers available. The ones we list above all have great welcome bonus options for you to take advantage of.
The most popular type of bonuses include:
- Free Bets – often, when you sign up with a new bookmaker, you will often be rewarded with a free bet. A free bet generally requires a minimum deposit and wager first, for instance, some sites give you £30 to play as a free bet when you bet £10.
- Money-Back – another popular offer with new betting sites is a money-back promo. It enables you to lose the first bet and get your stake back a free bet.
- Free Cash – you can get rewarded with free cash when you join most betting sites. This can sometimes be a no deposit offer, or it can be a first deposit offer (also known as a first deposit bonus).
- Price Boost – a price boost comes in many forms – LeoVegas Sport are currently offering to double your winnings. Other sites will boost the odds when you place a bet, you just click a button on your bet slip.
Horse racing bookies and sports betting sites, in general, are constantly going the extra mile for new customers, so keep a lookout for the latest deals and if you can get a free bet. Also, before signing with a new bookmaker be sure you check all the terms and conditions so that they are agreeable to you.
Safety & Security – Are New Betting Sites Safe?
One of the tricky things when it comes to new betting sites, is that many customers do not know who to trust.
The best way to ensure you are joining a reputable betting site is to check the reviews. We only promote sites and new bookmakers that we have trialled and reviewed, ultimately making sure that we offer the best and most-trustworthy possible betting sites around.
Other ways to check safety and security include, looking for any audits, gambling licenses and responsible gambling advice. All of which should be contained on a sports betting site as a matter of law.
If you scroll to the bottom of the homepage of any established bookmaker, you will find all of the above information. You should always be sure that any betting site you join is licensed with at least one of the following – Malta Gaming Authority, Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner or UK Gambling Commission. For reassurance and peace of mind, all the new bookmaker sites we list have been.
Ongoing Offers For Customers and Punters
It’s easy to become preoccupied with the welcome offers and a free bet but also check the site for ongoing deals as you’ll obviously be using the betting site more than once.
Typical on-going betting promotions on an active betting account include:
- Money-back – similarly to the welcome offer – you can get money back on certain bets. Sometimes they will offer a promo for a particular event and if your bet loses, you get your money back; ultimately creating a risk-free bet for you. Sometimes there may be a minimum stake involved.
- Price Boosts – lots of top online bookmakers provide customers with price boosts, this is an offer for loyal customers to help increase any possible winnings.
- Extra Places – a great promotion we are seeing more often with established online bookmakers as well as new bookmakers, is one that rewards you extra places for racing. If you bet each way, but you just miss out on the top three places, you could still win if you have opted for extra places when placing your bet.
- Best odds guaranteed – most of these sites all offer best odds guaranteed so you don’t need to shop around to check if you are getting value for money – again it gives you peace of mind.
- Enhanced odds – these are very similar to price boosts, where you can select a horse to have its own odds increases; so if it wins you basically get better odds and you win more!
- Free bets – sometimes you can just be given a free bet or an amount credited to an account. Sometimes you may need a qualifying bet to use this free bet, other times it will be a cash credit (sometimes it can even be a deposit bonus – meaning that more money is added when you pay into your account).
Sports Betting Markets – UK Gambling
Whilst we are a site dedicated to racing we are aware that many of you also enjoy a range of sports and therefore want your betting account to offer broad sports betting markets and competitive odds across a range of markets.
All the betting sites we select cover a full range of sports markets, everything from Premier League football & tennis to rugby, hockey and athletics. Many also have live casino options. Essentially they all cover the UK sports market and aren’t racing betting sites as such but full sports betting sites for to enjoy.
On top of the range of product and variety of sports they offer, these betting sites also all offer a huge range in types of bets, so whether you are looking for a single, a Yankee or an accumulator bet, every new bookie will have it covered with a full range of betting options to suit you.
The Interface of a Betting Site – Ease of Use
Nobody likes clunky betting sites that are difficult to use. All of these new UK betting sites are smooth and easy to navigate around – all having a good betting platform. All of the sites here can be enjoyed on all devices, they are easy to use and have a user-friendly interface whether you are on a home PC or on the move.
Mobile-Friendly and UK Betting Apps
The new betting sites are mobile compatible or have a betting app. This means you can effortlessly enjoy the bookmakers and betting on your mobile phone or tablet at a time to suit you.
Mobile betting is such an important factor for all new bookmakers – it as is one of the most popular and growing ways that people like to bet.
You do not necessarily need to download an app when betting online if you don’t want to, most modern sites are now embedded with HTML-5, and this allows you to easily play from your phone. You won’t need to do anything, sit back and allow the site to load the mobile or desktop-friendly site.
Alternatively, you can, of course, download an app for iOS or Android. Go to the App Store or Google Play, you can download the specific betting site app for free, and it will provide you quick access to the site and keep up to date with new betting offers that are available to you.
Live Streaming for International and UK Sports
Again, this is something that most people expect from new bookmakers or a sports betting site with a UK license. We think live streaming is particularly important when you want to watch the racing and you’re not by a TV. This streaming doesn’t just cover racing though, they also cover most sporting events including football & horse racing, as well as even hockey and athletics (in some case even online casino). Basically, it means that once you have placed a bet you get to watch it and enjoy it.
Many of these sports betting sites all have live betting and you can bet or lay a horse or sporting event whilst it’s happening.
This form of betting has really gained in popularity of the past few years with the inception of digital betting.
Customer Support and Customer Service
With any UK betting site, you always want top-class customer support. All of these betting sites offered top-notch service for UK customers.
High-levels of customer service is something that all new bookmakers strive for, as they know happy players will come back time and time again. Many of these betting sites also offer “live chat” support, so you don’t have to wait or hold on a phone if you a problem or any question or queries.
Payment Methods For New Online Bookies
All of the new online bookmakers we reviewed are UK licensed and have a range of deposit method options and banking options for UK players, you can use debit cards or even Paypal with some.
Withdrawal times vary so it’s worth checking out that when signing up to any new account.
Are the Newest Betting Sites Safe?
It depends. There are lots of new UK licensed betting sites that are safe and obviously new bookmakers have to go through the strict protocol (the UK gambling commission) to be granted licenses by the gambling commission
Again you can rest assured that we only list the safe and secure bettings sites. When you go to their sites you can also check their licenses, betting industry audits and reviews for peace of mind. We think you should always do your own research as well when looking for an online gambling account.
Is It Worth Joining New Bookies?
It is well worth joining new bookies as they provide bonuses (typically with your 1st deposit) that sometimes established bookies cannot match. Check out the betting sites we have listed for the latest promotions, all of which have a range of betting markets.
Summary – New Online Sports Betting Sites
As you can see there are lots of betting companies and new bookmakers out there vying for new customers. It can seem liked mine-field trying to find the right one.
All the betting sites we have recommended on this page are fully licensed and endorse responsible gambling, offer a range of UK sports betting, a variety of payment methods, special offers for those new players who open a new account (including a welcome offer, deposit bonus, betting offers or a free bet).
Finally, at British Racecourses we strongly advocate responsible gambling and before signing up to any betting account be sure you check full terms and conditions. Online gambling should always be fun and not anything else.
We hope you have found a great new betting website that you can enjoy for years to come.
Other Top Racing Betting Brands
Here is a full list of other racing and sports betting brands that are worth considering.
Be sure to check out these new betting sites for August 2020 and sign up to get the latest offers or to claim a free bet.
- 22Bet Horse Racing
- 32Red Horse Racing Review
- 888 Horse Racing Review
- Best Horse Racing Betting Sites
- Bet 365 Horse Racing Review
- Betfair Horse Racing Review
- Betfred Horse Racing Review
- BetVictor Horse Racing Review
- Betway Horse Racing Review
- BGO Virtual Betting Review
- BoyleSports Horse Racing Review
- Compare Betting Sites
- Coral Horse Racing Review
- Fansbet Horse Racing Review
- GiveMeBet Horse Racing
- Horse Racing Betting Apps on Mobile
- Horse Racing Free Bets
- Ladbrokes Horse Racing
- MansionBet Horse Racing Review
- Mr Green Horse Racing Review
- New Betting Sites
- Paddy Power Horse Racing Review
- Racebets Review
- Spreadex Horse Racing
- Unibet Horse Racing Review
- William Hill Horse Racing Review