If you are wondering what 12/1 means in betting you have come to the right place.
The 12 to 1 odds of an event happening is the likelihood or probability of that result. 12-1 odds are popular in football betting and for horse racing events in the UK and are a shade shorter than 14-1 odds in the betting market.
In our 12-1 horse racing betting odds guide, we explain what 12 to 1 odds mean?, what is the 12 to 1 probability and show you what a 12 to 1 odds payout would be.
- 1 What does 12 to 1 odds mean?
- 2 12-1 Odds Calculator
- 3 12 to 1 Implied Probability
- 4 Convert 12-1 Odds to American Moneyline Odds?
- 5 12 to 1 odds payout
- 6 Popular Questions
- 7 12/1 Each Way Payout
- 8 Facts About 12 to 1 Betting Odds
- 9 UK Bookmakers Free Bets
- 10 Summary of 12 to 1 Odds
What does 12 to 1 odds mean?
12-1 Betting Odds means that out of 13 possible outcomes, the 12/1 odds are that there will be 12 of one kind of outcome and 1 of another kind of outcome.
The 12-1 odds calculation means for every 13 betting events your selection should win 1 time and on 12 occasions the selection will not win.
12-1 Odds Calculator
Here is a 12/1 odds calculator to work out the potential winnings of a 12-1 priced winner.
How To Use The 12/1 odds payout calculator?
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to use the free online 12-1 odds calculator:
- ‘Bet Type’ will already be selected as a single bet
- Select the ‘Outcome’ of “Winner”, “Placed”, “Lost”, “Dead Heat”, “Void” or “Non-runner”
- Select the ‘Odds’ of 12-1
- Select the ‘Stake’ wagered
- The 12/1 odds payout calculator will then work out total outlay, total return and total profit
12 to 1 Implied Probability
The 12-1 betting odds probability is a 92.31 per cent probability of a particular outcome and a 7.69 per cent probability of another outcome.
The 12/1 odds implied probability means your selection has a 7.69% chance of winning and a 92.31% chance the selection will lose.
Convert 12-1 Odds to American Moneyline Odds?
The conversion of 12-1 odds to American Moneyline odds is 1200.
- Conversion to American Odds is calculated by (13.0 – 1.0)* 100 = 1200
Money line odds (aka “American” odds or “U.S.” odds) of 1200 is the equivalent to 12-1 Fractional odds (aka “British” odds, “U.K.” odds, or “traditional” odds).
12 to 1 odds payout
If you wager a bet on a 12/1 betting odds selection and you win, your total payout will be 13.00 which is your stake back plus 12.00 profit.
Here are some examples of 12-1 odds payouts:
- £1 bet on a 12/1 pick returns a total return of £13.00
- £5 bet on a 12/1 pick returns a total return of £65.00
- £10 bet on 12/1 returns a total return of £130.00
- £40 bet on 12/1 betting odds returns a total return of £520.00
- £100 bet on 12/1 odds returns a total return of £1300.00
- £400 bet on 12/1 odds returns a total return of £5200.00
Are 12/1 Odds Good?
12/1 odds are great because for every £1 winning bet you will return £12 profit.
The 12-1 odds reflect the chances of your selection and bookmakers will think it has a good chance at 12/1.
At 12-1 horse odds you could look to bet each way and still show a good profit if the selection is only placed.
Many punters ask if 12/1 odds good or bad and the boring answer is it depends on whether it is value for money in the betting market. A 12/1 winner is good odds and a 12/1 loser is bad odds.
What is 12-1 odds in decimal?
12/1 fractional odds is 13 in decimal.
The fractional odds of 12 to 1 in decimals is 13.00 which means for every £1 win stake you get £13 returns if it wins.
12/1 Each Way Payout
Here are the returns for the 12-1 each-way bet.
So here are the each-way payouts for a 12-1 shot:
- £1 each way at 12/1 if your selection wins returns £16.40 winning payout
- £1 each way at 12/1 if your selection finishes 2nd place returns £3.40 winning payout
- £1 each way at 12/1 if your selection finishes 3rd place returns £3.40 winning payout
- £5 each way at 12/1 if your selection wins returns £82 winning payout
- £5 each way at 12/1 if your selection finishes 2nd place returns £17 winning payout
- £5 each way at 12/1 if your selection finishes 3rd place returns £17 winning payout
- £10 each way at 12/1 if your selection wins returns £164 winning payout
- £10 each way at 12/1 if your selection finishes 2nd place returns £34 winning payout
- £10 each way at 12/1 if your selection finishes 3rd place returns £34 winning payout
Facts About 12 to 1 Betting Odds
- 12-1 are fractional odds
- 12-1 betting odds are slightly shorter than 14-1
- 12-1 betting odds are slightly larger than 10-1 odds
- 12-1 odds have a 7.69 per cent of winning
- 12-1 fractional odds in decimal odds is 13.00
UK Bookmakers Free Bets
When new customers sign up to UK bookmakers they usually receive a free bet welcome bonus.
If you are wondering how the 12/1 odds work when placing bets on sports betting markets with a free bet we can work out your winning bets potential outcomes.
When you have placed a qualifying bet to receive free bets it is worth understanding on any free bet wins you do not get your stake back.
- £1 free bet on a 12/1 returns a winning bets total return of £12
- 12/1 odds £5 free bet returns £60 win bets total
- 12/1 odds £10 free bet returns £120 bet wins total
- £20 free bet on 12/1 odds return £240.00 winning bets total
- £50 bet on 12/1 odds returns a total return of £600.00
Please bet responsibly and when wagering bets on the 12/1 fractional betting odd market be sure to check the terms and conditions to make sure your qualifying bet gives you the opportunity of horse racing free bets bonuses.
Summary of 12 to 1 Odds
If you have placed a bet on a 12-1 pick and it has won then we have an odds calculator you can use to work out your returns on a 12/1 winner.
|Fraction Odds||Decimal Odds||American||Probability|
The bet calculator allows you to work out winnings on some of the following bets where you might have a 12-1 shot in the bets:
- Online Round Robin Calculator
- Online Lucky 63 Calculator
- Online Trixie Calculator
- Online Lucky Fifteen Calculator
When you are looking to place bets on the top-rated horse racing betting websites online or through your mobile phone on the best sportsbook betting apps if your selection is a 12-1 chance of winning you want to try and choose an online bookmaker offering BOG bonus in December 2023.
If you are looking to place a bet then understanding the betting odds market is important as you want to choose your picks based on the value in the betting ring.
Here are all the betting odds guides we have created at British Racecourses.
- 1-1 Betting Odds
- 1-2 Betting Odds
- 1-3 Betting Odds
- 1-5 Betting Odds
- 10-1 Betting Odds
- 10-11 Betting Odds
- 10-3 Betting Odds
- 100-1 Betting Odds
- 11-10 Betting Odds
- 11-2 Betting Odds
- 11-4 Betting Odds
- 11-5 Betting Odds
- 11-8 Betting Odds
- 12-1 Betting Odds
- 12-5 Betting Odds
- 13-2 Betting Odds
- 13-5 Betting Odds
- 13-8 Betting Odds
- 14-1 Betting Odds
- 15-2 Betting Odds
- 15-8 Betting Odds
- 16-1 Betting Odds
- 16-5 Betting Odds
- 2-1 Betting Odds
- 2-5 Betting Odds
- 20-1 Betting Odds
- 25-1 Betting Odds
- 3-1 Betting Odds
- 33-1 Betting Odds
- 4-1 Betting Odds
- 4-11 Betting Odds
- 4-5 Betting Odds
- 4-6 Betting Odds
- 4-7 Betting Odds
- 4-9 Betting Odds
- 5-1 Betting Odds
- 5-2 Betting Odds
- 5-4 Betting Odds
- 5-6 Betting Odds
- 50-1 Betting Odds
- 6-1 Betting Odds
- 6-4 Betting Odds
- 6-5 Betting Odds
- 66-1 Betting Odds
- 7-1 Betting Odds
- 7-2 Betting Odds
- 7-4 Betting Odds
- 7-5 Betting Odds
- 8-1 Betting Odds
- 8-11 Betting Odds
- 8-13 Betting Odds
- 8-15 Betting Odds
- 8-5 Betting Odds
- 9-1 Betting Odds
- 9-2 Betting Odds
- 9-4 Betting Odds
- 9-5 Betting Odds
- Betting Odds Drifting
- Betting Odds Shortening
- Convert Fractional Odds To Decimal Odds
- Each Way Bet
- How To Understand Betting Odds
- Starting Price Betting
Many punters who understand the 12-1 odds and betting markets utilise the new sportsbook bookmaker bonus offers they give in opening new accounts and the bookies incentivise signing up with amazing horse racing free bets online.
We hope your 12 to 1 odds pick is a winning selection and please always gamble responsibly.