Cheltenham Extra Places For Each Way Bets
Horse racing punters are always on the lookout for each-way tips to spring a surprise at the Cheltenham Festival.
The 2023 Cheltenham Festival Extra places is a betting promotion where the best bookies are paying out on runners and riders finishing in the top five, six or seven places, rather than those finishing in positions top three or four positions.
In our Cheltenham Extra Places For Each Way Bets guide, we provide all the bookies offering extra places on Cheltenham Festival races.
- 1 Bookmakers That Offer Extra Places On The Cheltenham Festival
- 1.1 Coral Extra Places
- 1.2 bet365 Extra Places
- 1.3 Paddy Power Extra Places
- 1.4 Ladbrokes Extra Places
- 1.5 William Hill Extra Places
- 1.6 Betfred Extra Places
- 1.7 Sky Bet Extra Places
- 1.8 Betfair Extra Places
- 1.9 Unibet Extra Places
- 1.10 888sport Extra Places
- 1.11 BoyleSports Extra Places
- 1.12 BetVictor Extra Places
- 1.13 Parimatch Extra Places
- 2 Extra Places and Each Way Betting Explained
- 3 Which bookies are paying for 7 places at 2023 Cheltenham Festival?
- 4 Which bookies are paying 5 places at 2023 Cheltenham Festival?
- 5 Important Extra Place Promotion Terms & Conditions
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Summary
- 8 Other Bookies Offering Extra Places
Bookmakers That Offer Extra Places On The Cheltenham Festival
From our research here is the list of best betting sites paying extra places on each-way bets at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival.
Coral Extra PlacesEW ADDITIONAL PLACESGet more chances to win big with Coral’s Extra Places promotion! Coral offers extra places on selected races, meaning you could win on EW bets even if your horse doesn’t finish in the top few positions.
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
bet365 Extra PlacesEACH WAY EXTRABet365’s Each Way Extra betting feature gives you the option to increase or decrease the number of places in a race when you are betting Each Way on selected Horse Racing.
Paddy Power Extra PlacesEACH WAY BETS BONUSPaddy Power is offering extra places on selected horse races. Take advantage of this promotion by placing an E/W bet and increase your chances of winning big.
Must be 18+. Welcome offers are for new players only. Paddy Power casino allows Paysafecard deposits and withdrawals.Full T&C's Apply
Ladbrokes Extra PlacesADDITIONAL PLACE TERMSLadbrokes offer extra places promotions on selected horse races, sometimes paying out up to six places at odds of 1/5. Check their website for specific terms and conditions.
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £/€5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £/€5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
William Hill Extra PlacesEACH WAY BETS BONUSWilliam Hill is known to pay out on extra place positions (4, 5, 6 places) most often, making it an excellent option for punters looking to take advantage of extra places promotions. Don’t miss out on the chance to make a profit where you would usually miss out!
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply. #adFull T&C's Apply
Betfred Extra PlacesADDITIONAL PLACE TERMSBetfred is offering extra places on select horse races, allowing bettors to win big with each-way bets. Join the action and increase your chances of winning with Betfred’s extra place promotion.
New 18+ UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required.Full T&C's Apply
Sky Bet Extra PlacesADDITIONAL PLACED PAYOUTSky Bet offers extra places on selected horse races, giving you more chances to win big. Take advantage of this promotion to increase your odds of a payout with some races paying out on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th.
NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY. FIRST SINGLE & E/W BET ONLY. 5P MINIMUM STAKE. 3 X £10 BET TOKENS. FREE BET STAKES NOT INCLUDED IN RETURNS. FREE BETS EXCLUDE VIRTUALS. FREE BETS ARE NON WITHDRAWABLE. NO FREE BET EXPIRY. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS AND FURTHER T&CS APPLY. 18+. BEGAMBLEAWARE.ORGFull T&C's Apply
Betfair Extra PlacesADDITIONAL PAYOUTSBetfair offers extra places on select horse racing events, allowing customers to place each-way bets with an increased chance of winning. For example, they often pay out if your horse is placed in fourth position.
New Customer offer. The welcome bonus is available on both the desktop version and the application. Play from mobile with the iOS or Android Betfair app.Full T&C's Apply
Unibet Extra PlacesEACH WAY EXTRAUnibet offers an extra place promotion for horse racing events and sometimes pays 4th, 5th and 6th places on e/w bets. The terms and conditions for this offer may vary depending on the specific event.
1) This promotion is available until further notice. No opt-in is required.Full T&C's Apply
2) In the event of an extra place(s) concession, Unibet reserves the right to change the place dividend. In the event of withdrawals, the extra place concession may reduce proportionately.
3) In order to qualify for 5 places at 1/5 odds then 16 or more runners must start. In order to qualify for 4 places at 1/5 odds, 12 or more runners must start.
4) If 11 runners or less start then normal each way places apply.
5) Extra place races available from the morning of the race.
6) Races with extra each way places applied will not qualify for Best Odds Guaranteed (BOG)
7) Click here for full Unibet Racing terms.
(No BOG – best odds guaranteed does not apply to extra place races).
888sport Extra PlacesEACH WAY EXTRA888Sport is a great option for promotional offers such as extra place races for each way betters. When you place an each way bet, you can often be paid out if your horse finishes 4th and 5th.
Min deposit £10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes not included in returns • Money Back Offer: New & existing customers • Place a bet of £1 or more on any horse in the advertised race • Only your first bet on the race winner market will count • If your horse finishes 2nd, we will refund up to £20 of your stake as a free bet • For each way bets, only the win part of the bet will count • Free Bet will be credited after bet settlement & must bet used within 7 days. Withdrawal restrictions, payment methods, country & Full T&C’s apply.Full T&C's Apply
BoyleSports Extra PlacesEACH WAY EXTRABoyleSports offers extra places in horse racing contests, particularly in the Cheltenham Festival, which has highly competitive races and big-field handicaps. The offer applies to horses that finish within the given number of places (for instance, the first five finishers in a six-place extra race).
IRE/NI new customers only. €/£60 in FREE Bets (FB) as €/£30 in sports bets, €/£20 Cheltenham sports bets & a €/£10 casino bonus (CB). Min Deposit €/£10. Min stake €/£10. Min odds Evs. Initial FB & CB applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. Cheltenham €/£20 applied as 4 x €/£5 & will be credited each day of the festival. Offer available 23/02/23, 12:00 until 09/03/23, 11:59. FB 7-day expiry. 1 FB offer per customer, household & IP address only. Account & Payment restrictions. 14 days to accept €/£10 CB, then active for 3 days. CB 5x wagering & max redeemable €/£100. Game restrictions apply. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. 18+. T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
BetVictor Extra PlacesEACH WAY EXTRABetVictor is a bookmaker that offers extra places on horse racing events. Place an each way bet and look for races allowing extra places to be in with a better chance of making a profit.
18+ New customers only. Opt in and place a £10 qualifying bet on Horse Racing at odds of 2.00+ within 7 days of registering; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 3x £10 Horse Racing Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00+. Plus, a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw a max of £250. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
Parimatch Extra PlacesADDITIONAL PLACED TERMSParimatch is a top bookie that regularly offers extra place payouts for its customers. Visit to Parimatch website today to see which races are paying out on 4th, 5th and 6th places.
18+, New customers only. Opt in, bet £10 on any sports (odds 2.00+) in 7 days. No cash out. Get 4x£5 sports free bets for set markets (odds 2.00+), which expire in 7 days. Offer is valid from 10:00 UK time on 16/01/2023. Card payments only. begambleaware.org | Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
Extra Places and Each Way Betting Explained
To understand how extra places promotions work, it is essential to know the basics of each way betting.
Each way bets are split into two wagers, one on a horse to win and the other on the same horse to finish in the top four positions, depending on the bookmaker and meeting.
When placing an each way bet, punters must cover the cost of both wagers.
The payout differs from bookmaker to bookmaker; for example, Paddy Power may offer up to five places, while Ladbrokes may offer only four.
Which bookies are paying for 7 places at 2023 Cheltenham Festival?
Here are the bookies paying seven places on selected races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival:
- Betfair are paying 7 places on The Coral Cup on Day 2 of the Cheltenham Festival 2023
- Betfair are paying 7 places on The Grand Annual Handicap Steeple Chase on the Second Day of the Cheltenham Festival 2023
- Betfred are paying 7 places on The Cheltenham Coral Cup
- BoyleSports are paying 7 Places on The Ultima Handicap Chase
- Bet365 Each Way Extra can increase paying 7 places on any Cheltenham race
Which bookies are paying 5 places at 2023 Cheltenham Festival?
Here are the bookies that offer 5 places on each way bets for races at the Cheltenham Festival 2023:
- William Hill are paying five places in selected races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival
- Betfred is paying five places in selected races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival
- Betfair are paying five places in selected races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival
- Ladbrokes are paying five places in selected races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival
- Boylesports are paying five places in selected races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival
- Sky Bet are paying five places in selected races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival
- Coral is paying five places in selected races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival
- Bet365 are paying five places in selected races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival
- Paddy Power are paying five places in selected races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival
- Unibet is paying five places in selected races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival
- 888sport is paying five places in selected races at the 2023 Cheltenham Festival
Researching which online betting sites are paying 5 places each way is great to analyse for each-way horse racing betting.
Knowledgeable sports bettors can take advantage of bookies who offer each-way bets with extra places.
Important Extra Place Promotion Terms & Conditions
To make the most of extra place offers, punters need to be aware of the following terms and conditions:
- Qualifying Odds – Bookmakers may require a minimum stake to qualify for the extra places promotion. This could mean that betting on favourites with low odds may not qualify.
- Time – Ante-post bets may not be eligible for extra places promotions, so customers may need to place bets just before or on race day.
- Number of Starters – The number of additional places available depends on the number of horses in the race. The more runners there are, the more places the bookmaker will likely offer.
- Bet Placement – Some bookmakers only accept bets before or after final race declarations, so punters need to be aware of the timing of their bet.
- Restrictions – Some bookmakers may restrict the use of other horse racing promotions, such as best odds guaranteed, non-runner no bet or faller insurance when taking advantage of extra places offers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What places pay out on an each-way bet?
For an each-way bet, the following places usually pay out: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
In some cases, 5th place may also be eligible, depending on the number of runners in the race.
Hence, this type of wager can help improve your chances of making a return on investment.
Do you get anything for 5th place on an each-way bet?
You can still receive a payout if your horse placed 5th in the race.
If the race is handicapped and there are 16 or more runners, you will get 1/4 of the odds for a successful ‘Place’ bet.
How many places does a each-way bet pay?
A each-way bet offers two chances to win; a ‘Win’ and a ‘Place’. Generally, the number of places your bet will pay on is determined by the size of the field.
Typically, a race with 5 or more runners will usually pay out on 4th place and above, while races with 8 or more runners will often pay out on 5th place and beyond.
Many punters enjoy following the horse racing outsider tips or dark horses with good chances but as they are deemed longshot tips it is advised to try and source the best bookmakers that offer additional places on each-way bets.
Bettors are in a position to make a profit where they would usually miss out when bookmakers at Cheltenham are offering enhanced placed terms.
It is important that the different terms and conditions surrounding extra place offers are understood by horse racing punters before non-runners can void any special offers.
We provide all the bookies paying 5 places and the best betting apps to wager each-way bets on for Cheltenham this year.
Other Bookies Offering Extra Places
Here are all articles related to the extra places betting promotion:
- 888sport Extra Places
- Best Bookies For Extra Places
- Bet365 Each Way Extra
- Betfair Extra Places
- Betfred Extra Places
- BetVictor Extra Places
- Boylesports Extra Places
- Cheltenham Extra Places For Each Way Bets
- Coral Extra Places
- Extra Place Races Today
- How Many Places Pay Out in Grand National?
- Ladbrokes Extra Places
- Paddy Power Extra Places
- Parimatch Extra Places
- Sky Bet Extra Places
- Unibet Extra Places
- William Hill Extra Places