The Hampton Court Stakes is a Group 3 race for three-year-olds over ten furlongs at Royal Ascot.
The previous winners of Group 1 or 2 races are excluded and fillies are allowed 5lbs.
It is currently staged on day 3 of the festival meeting. Notable past winners include White Muzzle (1993), Hawkbill (2016), Benbatl (2017) and Mohaafeth (2021).
Find out more about the Hampton Court Stakes:
- 1 Race Overview – Hampton Court Stakes
- 2 Hampton Court Stakes Odds
- 3 Hampton Court Stakes Tips
- 4 Hampton Court Previous Winners
- 5 Famous Hampton Court Stakes Winners
- 6 Key Hampton Court Stakes Trials
- 7 Hampton Court Stakes Betting Trends
- 8 Hampton Court Stakes – Top Trainers and Jockeys
- 9 Betting on the Hampton Court Stakes
- 10 Best Hampton Court Stakes Betting Sites
- 10.1 bet365 Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.2 Betfred Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.3 William Hill Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.4 Unibet Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.5 Betfair Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.6 888sport Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.7 BetVictor Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.8 Coral Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.9 Ladbrokes Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.10 Parimatch Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.11 Paddy Power Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.12 Betway Royal Ascot Offer
- 11 Popular Questions
- 12 Summary of Hampton Court Stakes
- 13 2022 Royal Ascot Festival Posts
Race Overview – Hampton Court Stakes
The Hampton Court Stakes is a flat horse race for three-year-olds annually in the United Kingdom. Every year in June, it takes place at Ascot over a distance of 1 mile, 1 furlong, and 212 yards.
Check out our guides to all the other Group 3 horse races.
Hampton Court Stakes Odds
Here are the latest odds for the Hampton Court Stakes in June 2023:
- The odds for this race have not yet been released.
Hampton Court Stakes Tips
Here are some tips for Hampton Court Stakes in June 2023:
- 2 points to win for TBC at odds of TBC
- 1 point each way for TBC at odds of TBC
Some of the horses in the Hampton Court Stakes will run in other events later in the year. Stay updated on the horses and place ante-post bets if you want to wager on them.
Hampton Court Previous Winners
|2013||Remote||William Buick||John Gosden|
|2014||Cannock Chase||Ryan Moore||Sir Michael Stoute|
|2015||Time Test||Frankie Dettori||Roger Charlton|
|2016||Hawkbill||William Buick||Charlie Appleby|
|2017||Benbatl||Oisin Murphy||Saeed bin Suroor|
|2018||Hunting Horn||Ryan Moore||Aidan O’Brien|
|2019||Sangarius||Frankie Dettori||Michael Stoute|
|2020||Russian Emperor||Ryan Moore||Aidan O’Brien|
|2021||Mohaafeth||Jim Crowley||William Haggas|
|2022||Claymore||Adam Kirby||Jane Chapple-Hyam|
Famous Hampton Court Stakes Winners
The Hampton Court Stakes has been raced under several different titles over the years including the Churchill Stakes. It used to be held on the Saturday after Royal Ascot over a mile and a half. The race was given listed status in 1999 and cut to ten furlongs in 2001.
It did not become part of Royal Ascot until 2002 when the meeting was extended to five days. It was given Group 3 status and renamed the Tercentenary Stakes in 2011 to celebrate the 300th anniversary of Ascot racecourse. It reverted to the Hampton Court Stakes in 2017.
The 1986 winner Sadeem became a champion stayer for the Guy Harwood stable, racing in the colours of Sheikh Mohammed. He won the Ascot Gold Cup in 1988 and 1989 and the Goodwood Cup in 1988.
1993 winner White Muzzle finished runner-up in the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes and the prix de l’Arc de Triomphe. He was trained by Peter Chapple-Hyam and ridden by John Reid. He had won the Irish Derby prior to Royal Ascot where he started the 1-4 favourite. He was a 54-1 outsider in the Arc but he belied his odds, failing narrowly to catch Urban Sea.
2008 winner Collection was trained by William Haggas but became a high class horse for John Moore in Hong Kong. His victories included the Hong Kong Derby and the Hong Kong Gold Cup. Hawkbill won the race for Godolphin and Charlie Appleby in 2016. The chestnut went on to win over £3.5 million in prize money. Major victories included the Group 1 Eclipse Stakes (2016) at Sandown and the Dubai Sheema Classic (2018) at Meydan.
Godolphin won it again the following season, this time with the Saeed bin Suroor-trained Benbatl. His career earnings reached a staggering £5.9 million before he was retired to stud in 2021. His most significant victories included the Dubai Turf and the Caulfield Stakes in 2018. The high quality of winners has been maintained in recent seasons with 2020 winner Russian Emperor and 2021 winner Mohaafeth.
Russian Emperor was with Aidan O’Brien when successful at Royal Ascot. He finished seventh in the Epsom Derby before being transferred to Douglas Whyte in Hong Kong. He was second in the Hong Kong Derby and won the Hong Kong Gold Cup in 2022. Mohaafeth side-stepped the Epsom Derby because of the ground and has been competing at Group 1 and Group 2 level since his Royal Ascot victory.
Key Hampton Court Stakes Trials
There are no clear-cut trials for the Hampton Court Stakes and it is interesting that none of the last twelve winners had raced at Ascot previously. Half of them had won on their last outing and all but two of them had raced within the last 35 days.
The picture is no clearer for their next outing with a wide range of subsequent targets. Only two of the twelve won their next start; Pisco Sour won the Prix Eugene Adam at Maison-Laffitte in 2011 and Hawkbill won the Eclipse Stakes at Sandown Park in 2016. Three of them ran in the International Stakes at York later in the season but all were beaten.
Hampton Court Stakes Betting Trends
There have been five winning favourites in the Hampton Court Stakes in the last twelve seasons; Afsare (2010), Remote (2013), Cannock Chase (2014), Time Test (2015) and Mohaafeth (2021). The latter was the shortest priced winner of the five at odds of 11-8 favourite. With three second favourites also successful during the same period, the race has largely gone the way of the punters.
The only shock result in recent years was the 20-1 victory of Hughie Morrison’s Pisco Sour in 2011. Energizer (2012) returned at 15-2, Sangarius (2019) at 13-2 and Hawkbill (2016) at 11-2.
An official rating of 103 or higher is normally required to win this race. In the last twelve seasons only Cannock Chase (2014) has fallen below that mark on 97. The highest officially rated winner was Benbatl (2017) who won when rated 113. Energizer (2012) and Mohaafeth (2011) were just 2lbs lower on 111.
Hampton Court Stakes – Top Trainers and Jockeys
Aidan O’Brien leads the official standings as top trainer in the history of the Hampton Court Stakes with four winners; Moscow Ballet (2004), Indigo Cat (2005), Hunting Horn (2018) and Russian Emperor (2020). He surpassed Peter Chapple-Hyam, Sir Henry Cecil and Sir Michael Stoute who have trained three winners apiece. Chapple-Hyam’s three winners all came between 1993 and 1998.
Ryan Moore is the top jockey in the race with four winners. He rode Hunting Horn and Russian Emperor for O’Brien and had previously been successful aboard Glass Harmonium (2009) and Cannock Chase (2014), both trained by Sir Michael Stoute.
Betting on the Hampton Court Stakes
The Hampton Court Stakes looks a good race in which to follow the market. It has produced some top class winners, particularly since acquiring Group 3 status in 2011. Most recent winners have gone on to become proven Group 1 or Group 2 performers.
Best Hampton Court Stakes Betting Sites
Here are the most popular free bets for Hampton Court Stakes betting:
- New customers for Royal Ascot at bet365 can claim the Bet of £10 & Get £50 Free Bets sign-up offer. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits for Royal Ascot Festival
- The bet 10 get 60 pounds in betting bonuses is a popular 2022 Royal Ascot offer for new punters looking to wager on the Royal Ascot Festival races
New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required.Full T&C's Apply
- William Hill’s latest promo is bet £10 get £30 in free bets, an excellent bookies offer for the big races at The Royal Ascot 2022
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- The new sign up offer from Unibet is one of the best new promotions to take advantage of for The Royal Ascot Festival in 2022, bet £10 to receive £40 in free bets
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first racing bet loses. Wagering: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Sports bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. Full T&Cs apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- Betfair’s free bet bonus is one to take a look at for The 2022 Royal Ascot, offering a totally free £30 bet, available to use for both the Betfair exchange and sportsbook
New customers place £50 worth of bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100. Min odds 1.2 (1/5). Multiple bets included. Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- With their latest promo, 888 sport’s offer gets new customers 30 pounds when they bet 10, making it a great bonus to make the most of for the races
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F – A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market – Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- One of the best sign up offers for Royal Ascot, this BetVictor promo of bet 10 get 40 is perfect for new customers wanting to place a bet on the horses
18+ New customers only. Deposit, opt in and place a £10 qualifying bet on Horse Racing at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 3x £10 Horse Racing Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater. Plus, a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw a max of £250. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- Coral’s newest sign up deal for Royal Ascot is for the value of 20 pounds in free bets, a betting offer that’s perfect for those wanting a bet on the big races
18+ Eligible UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- This bookmakers new promotion is ideal for the horse racing, proving 20 pounds in free bets when you place 5 as a new customer, perfect for The Royal Ascot!
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Parimatch have a new welcome offer of £30 in free bets when you bet £5, which is a great promo to make the most of for The Royal Ascot
18+ New Customers opt in, deposit and bet £5 at odds 2.00+ on Horse Racing within 7 days of registration; excludes cashed out bets. Get 3x £10 Free Bets, set events only at odds 2.00+. Free Bets expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply, see below. | begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsiblyFull T&C's Apply
- Paddy Power are known for their terrific betting offers, and their latest promotion gives customers 10 pound back as cash if the bet doesn’t win!New Customer Offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £10. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion.Full T&C's Apply
- For a brilliant new customer offer for the horse racing, betway’s up to £10 in free bets is an excellent choice
New UK customers only. £10 Min Deposit. 100% matched free bet on your first deposit of £10. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bets. Debit Card deposits only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way.Full T&C's Apply
What distance is the Hampton Court Stakes?
The Hampton Court Stakes is 1 mile, 1 furlong, and 212 yards long.
Where is the Hampton Court Stakes held?
The Hampton Court Stakes is held at Ascot Racecourse.
Summary of Hampton Court Stakes
Thank you for checking out our Hampton Court Stakes guide.
2022 Royal Ascot Festival Posts
Here are all the related articles to the Royal Ascot Festival 2022:
- 888sport Royal Ascot
- Albany Stakes
- Ascot Gold Cup
- Ascot Racecourse
- Ascot Stakes
- bet365 Royal Ascot
- Betfair Royal Ascot
- Betfred Royal Ascot
- BetVictor Royal Ascot
- Betway Royal Ascot
- Britannia Stakes
- Buckingham Palace Stakes
- Chesham Stakes
- Commonwealth Cup
- Copper Horse Stakes
- Coral Royal Ascot
- Coronation Stakes
- Coventry Stakes
- Diamond Jubilee Stakes
- Duke of Cambridge Stakes
- Duke of Edinburgh Stakes
- Golden Gates Stakes
- Hampton Court Stakes
- Hardwicke Stakes
- Jersey Stakes
- Kensington Palace Stakes
- King Edward VII Stakes
- King George V Stakes
- King's Stand Stakes
- Ladbrokes Royal Ascot
- Norfolk Stakes
- Paddy Power Royal Ascot
- Palace of Holyroodhouse Stakes
- Parimatch Royal Ascot
- Prince of Wales’s Stakes
- Queen Alexandra Stakes
- Queen Anne Stakes
- Queen Mary Stakes
- Queen's Vase
- Ribblesdale Stakes
- Royal Ascot
- Royal Ascot Betting Offers
- Royal Ascot Day 1 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 2 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 3 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 4 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 5 Tips
- Royal Hunt Cup
- Sandringham Handicap
- St James's Palace Stakes
- Unibet Royal Ascot
- William Hill Royal Ascot
- Windsor Castle Stakes
- Wokingham Stakes
- Wolferton Stakes
If you do choose to bet, please bet responsibly.