Horse racing betting sites often have a mobile app or at least a mobile-friendly website connected to them. This makes it super easy to place a bet whilst on the move and out and about. But what makes the best betting apps and what should you be looking for? Our guide will help you find out the best app for betting on the go.
These horse racing betting apps have been innovatively created to work fast and seamlessly for racing fans. You will be are able to use your mobile device to find live odds, in-play betting, to live stream races and also place a bet, get a welcome offer, great betting odds and an easy to use betting slip.
Betting using the best mobile betting apps and sports betting apps is safe, secure, fast and enjoyable and is a fast-growing and popular way to bet. Read on for more information and find one which could work for you.
- 1 The Best Betting Apps – 2020
- 2 What Should I Look For in a Sports Betting App?
- 3 Why Bet on Horses with a Betting App?
- 4 What Are The Features of the Best Mobile Betting App?
- 5 What We Looked For In The Best Horse Betting Apps
- 6 Is It Safe to Use Apps For Betting?
- 7 Download for iOS and Android
- 8 Does No Mobile App Mean I Can’t Use the Bookmakers Online?
- 9 Are Sports Betting Apps Free To Download?
- 10 What’s the Best Betting App on Android?
- 11 Frequently Asked Question About Betting Apps And New Mobile Betting Sites
- 11.1 Does Bet365 Have An App?
- 11.2 What is the best betting app?
- 11.3 What is the best betting app for football?
- 11.4 Which betting app has the best cash out?
- 11.5 What Should I Look For in a Sports Betting App and in the Best Android Betting Apps UK?
- 11.6 What are the Current Best Mobile Betting Apps Around?
- 11.7 Does No Mobile App Mean I Can’t Use the Bookmakers Online?
- 11.8 What is the best betting app for horse racing?
- 11.9 Are betting apps better on IOS or Android?
- 11.10 How many betting apps should I have?
- 11.11 What is the easiest betting app to use?
- 11.12 Are sports betting apps free to download?
- 11.13 Can I cash out with my sports betting app?
- 11.14 Can I use my betting app abroad?
- 12 Best Betting App Summary
The Best Betting Apps – 2020
From our research and testing, below a list of the Best Mobile Phone Apps for Horse Racing Betting November 2020:
New Customers Only. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits apply. Full T&C's Apply
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply. Full T&C's Apply
New UK & NI customers only. 18+. Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet at a minimum of £10 in one bet transaction at evens (2.0) +. £30 paid in free bets within 48 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. Doesn’t apply to customers who place their first bet on the Virtual Grand National. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. Your first bet must be settled within 60 days of bet placement. SMS validation may be required. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. PayPal and certain deposit and bet types excluded. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. Full T&C's Apply
New players only. Qualifying bet(s) must have minimum odds of 3/1 and must be settled before triggering free bet. Free Bet must be used on an accumulator with 3 or more selections. 18+. begambleaware.org. Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. Full T&C's Apply
18+. Play Safe. New customers using Promo Code P30 only, min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15 (30 days expiry), free bet/payment method/player/country restrictions apply. Full T&C's Apply
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 25x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&C's Apply
18+ New Customers only. Deposit, opt in and place a £5 qualifying bet at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 2x £10 Free Sports Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater, expires in 7 days. Plus a £10 Game Show Bonus, selected games, wager 40x to withdraw a max of £250. PayPal and Card Payments only. Geographical Restrictions and T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly. Full T&C's Apply
Simply follow the links and check them out for yourself or check out what our teams thought were the best mobile betting sites when we put them to the test.
What Should I Look For in a Sports Betting App?
When you are looking for the best betting app much depends on your won personal preference, however, in our tests and research we identified what we consider to be the most important features of a good betting app.
Our review looks in more details at these, which include are:
- Ease of use – all the best betting apps on the market are easy to use and navigate. You need to be able to place bets, deposit and withdraw quickly. To download a gambling app is also easy and quick from the Google play store.
- A wide range of sports betting options – obviously we are a horse racing site but we love a wide range of sports including football, rugby, tennis, motor racing and more. All the betting sites we list have betting apps that cover a full range of sports betting and sports events.
- Live streaming options – as well as being able to bet whilst on move what of the main benefits is that you never need to miss a race, whether in the pub, on the bus or on a walk. All of the best betting apps offer live streaming at courses from Cartmel to Carlisle, Ascot to Aintree – including all those listed on our guide.
- Possible offers for new customers – as you would expect when signing up to best horse racing betting sites when signing up to with or via a online betting app you will be entitled to all the benefits of all betting sites, which can include a free bet, sign up, welcome bonus (a first deposit normally required) and best odds. We recommend that you take advantage of such benefits.
- A full range and different types of bets – mobile apps offer all the benefits of standard traditional betting websites and you won’t be restricted in what they offer, that means you’ll be able to enjoy in-play betting, great odds, watch the action live, easy deposit and withdrawals, spread betting and more – all from the comfort of your mobile or device.
Why Bet on Horses with a Betting App?
Many people prefer to bet using a UK betting app as it’s simple, effective and speedy compared to online betting or going into betting shops.
In today’s word you can bet digitally from either a mobile app or from a bookmakers official website, this depends on your preference, but the bottom line is that many of the top betting sites are accessible via mobile phones as many people want to place bets quickly.
Also apps often work better, as they are optimised for mobiles. They subsequently can offer a better and more streamlined betting experience.
We think you should bet using a betting app as it enables easy betting when out and about. Mobile apps are simple and you can navigate your way around the application without hassle or fear of freezing and crashing. Many of the top racing best sites also come with both an official sports app and a mobile-friendly site (mobile site) that you can access from your browser.
All the sites we have listed above come with brilliant apps that can be downloaded on both iOS and Android. These top of the range apps are being constantly updated for ease of use and so punters can gain quick access to their chosen reliable racing betting app anywhere in the world.
What Are The Features of the Best Mobile Betting App?
There’s no need for any crazy features when it comes to a mobile betting app. The main thing is to have a reliable, secure and easy to navigate app.
Additional beneficial features may include live betting, cashout, live odds and different types of bets.
Let’s take a look at these features in more detail:
- In-Play Betting – this is often available on the official betting website too, but it’s great to have the option to use live betting via your app. It is quick and easy and means you never miss out on the action.
- Cash Out options – again, this feature is available on lots of sites. But you may get quicker access to the cash-out feature. This is important as you may not have time to be sat in front of a PC all the way through a sporting event but checking on the move can allow you to make an informed decision.
- Live Odds – a great thing about apps, is that you can easily access the odds as they change. In a fast-moving betting world that is very important.
- A wide of range of sporting markets – the best apps have a range of markets. We enjoy apps that have an app that matches their site and means you can bet on everything from football to tennis, rugby to racing and everything in between.
- Notifications and updates – provide you with the chance to set notifications for offers and upcoming events, so you never miss out when you place a bet. You can also notifications and updates of any free bets or events that may be of interest.
- Live Streaming – if you bet in play, you could be privy to the live stream, watch the action unfold with a high-quality video stream. Also, you, of course, want to see the racing action live. You need never miss the action now.
- Welcome bonus – welcome bet and welcome bonus to new customers (a new customer offer) when opening a brand new account, as is normal with any new betting account on mobile website or otherwise (qualifying bets may apply).
- Range of betting markets – including horse racing, football betting (pre match and in play) and more sporting events, there are betting markets for all.
- Different appliance functionality – the best apps can work across Android and for tablet betting, whichever is your personal preference.
- Payments – safe and secure payments and withdrawals with various cash out options including debit card, credit cards, Paypal betting and more.
- Easy to navigate and use – very simple user-friendly interface, a good mobile betting experience.
- Customer service – just because you are on the move doesn’t mean that customer service needs to be compromised. You will find live and phone support available via most top betting apps.
- Range of payment options – as mentioned above everything from bank cards to e-wallets including betting via phone bill, Boku betting and Trustly betting. A variety of banking options is important.
- Competitive odds and best odds – most online bookies all do best odds guaranteed – but this gives peace of mind.
- Safe to use and verified – in the same way that website are verified and safe, apps are the same. It is important to ensure that they have been officially licensed by UK Gambling Commission and other huge licensing bodies.
- Daily promotions – we also searched for mobile apps that offered daily promotions. Many of the top bookmakers are now providing betting apps users with updates on their daily promo, whether a free bet or a price boost. This will keep your finger on the pulse.
What We Looked For In The Best Horse Betting Apps
We looked for all of the features above when selecting the best betting apps and making our shortlist.
We essentially enjoyed apps that offered lots of markets, extra features and a range of bet types.
Plus, if we managed to find a live stream capability, that was a great as that is a feature we really value. As well as standard streaming, some allowed you to tune in afterwards with video replays!
This is a great feat for horse racing betting sites, it offers customers to stay in touch whilst on the move and if they missed a race they can catch it later. You can simply place your bet and join the action from the live stream.
Is It Safe to Use Apps For Betting?
A common question we get asked and yes, it’s safe to use the best sports betting apps.
We would say to be sure that they are the official apps from the store – you can normally see this by the reviews. The safest way to do so, is to use our links or visit the official bookie site and use their link. If a company has a license and audits, it will be safe.
Betting apps are encrypted and take lots of precautions against potential hacks. Nonetheless, it is integral to ensure that you also use a safe and secure payment options.
Utilise the best e-wallets, debit cards and other secure payment types, to protect you from any threats. Another way you can ensure a safe app is to check independent reviews, like ours here or use the app reviews.
Download for iOS and Android
The best sites provide a highly-functional betting aps that are available for both iOS and Android users. To download, simply visit either the App Store or Google Play. It is easy to download the app, search in the store and check the reviews.
You will never be expected to pay for these types of downloads, install them for free.
Does No Mobile App Mean I Can’t Use the Bookmakers Online?
No, most bookies have physical shops as well as “normal betting websites” – apps basically are the newbies on the block. Most online bookies now have betting apps as these are more functional and less likely to crash which is why they are growing in popularity.
Are Sports Betting Apps Free To Download?
Yes, the best betting apps are free.
They have a variety of payment methods when you are looking to put money into these accounts, as well as being governed by the gambling commission, to give you peace of mind. The ones that we have selected at the top of the page are all free to download via the correct and best channels.
What’s the Best Betting App on Android?
There are lots of excellent android betting apps around – again explored above – if you are signing up for a new betting app make sure you get your welcome bonus (you’ll need to make a first deposit and place a qualifying bet). Ones that we particularly like are Bet365 and William Hill app.
Frequently Asked Question About Betting Apps And New Mobile Betting Sites
Here they are:
Does Bet365 Have An App?
Yes, there is a Bet365 mobile betting app – it’s very popular and one of the best, for ease of use and you can live stream all the action too. It’s what of our top picks. Check it out today by following the link at the top of this page.
What is the best betting app?
Much of this obviously boils down to personal preference, we think the best sports betting apps and mobile site options are easy to navigate, have a wide range of sports, good odds and generous welcome offers. At the moment we particularly like Paddy Power, the Ladbrokes horse racing section, William and Bet365, these all offer a generous offer and some a free bet when signing up.
What is the best betting app for football?
All of the ones featured in our guide are superb options if you are looking for football betting on the Premier League, domestic league or international matches. The best football betting apps we would say are the one we include here although you can find specific guides to the best football betting apps when searching the internet for more detailed analysis of that.
Which betting app has the best cash out?
Again most offer this but a personal favourite is the Bet365 mobile app as they are easy to work around and their payouts are often generous. The bets app for horse racing betting will depend on your own personal preferences. Other good ones are the Betfair mobile app, The Betfred mobile app and the Paddy Power app.
What Should I Look For in a Sports Betting App and in the Best Android Betting Apps UK?
Our list at the top of the page list all the main factors and all betting apps we recommend (including best betting apps Android) – to recap the most important in our eyes – secure, (UK gambling commission sanctioned), easy to use, live stream options, a variety of payment option, in play betting and easy to deposit and withdraw cash.
What are the Current Best Mobile Betting Apps Around?
From our research, the best are:
- William Hill app
- Ladbrokes app
- Bet365 betting app
- Paddypower betting app
- Coral betting app
- Betvictor mobile app
Does No Mobile App Mean I Can’t Use the Bookmakers Online?
No – there are lots of options for UK betting including in shops, traditional online sites and also mobile apps. Some bookies offer all three options others just one. To be clear though you can bet online without having to download a betting app is that is your preference.
What is the best betting app for horse racing?
As mentioned previously what makes up the best mobile betting apps or best mobile gambling sites come down to personal choice in the end. Most of the best apps in the UK are of similar high-quality.
Are betting apps better on IOS or Android?
A betting app for android or IOS/Apple is no different. They will have the same functions, so it makes no difference to the user and punter experience. Essentially an android app is the same as an IOS one.
How many betting apps should I have?
To be honest you probably only need one as long as it covers the full range of sporting events that you are interested in, individual terms and conditions will apply to each different betting apps so these are always worth checking out.
What is the easiest betting app to use?
There are lots of betting apps available – especially when you search for “betting apps UK” so deciding and trying to find the best or easiest to use can be tricky. All the ones we mention are easy so you can rest assured with all those listed in this guide.
Are sports betting apps free to download?
Yes, they are. You download them from the app store in the same way you do any other app. You won’t be charged for betting apps as they are always looking for new customers and don’t want to put up any barriers to purchase and want to make it easy for you to place a bet.
Can I cash out with my sports betting app?
Yes, of course, you can – a sports betting app works exactly the same as normal online betting website so you can use the cash-out feature in the same way as it will be available. So – you can cash out when you have a bet at home, on the bus or the move – perfect!
Can I use my betting app abroad?
More often than not yes, but it depends if betting is legally allowed in this country. The ability to use your betting app abroad is nothing to do with the app per see but it a legal decision and law of that country or domain.
Best Betting App Summary
Apps offer a range of benefits and are new to the betting world. They are very popular due to the fact that they are easy to use and can be used when “out and about” and “on the go”. They offer all the same benefits of a normal betting site including a range of betting options, sports, live streaming etc as well as offering new customer offers (welcome offer or free bet) should you be signing up.
However, these apps are less likely to crash and are optimised for efficient use so if you are betting when on a tablet or mobile device we definitely recommend downloading one of the great sports betting app options mentioned above.