Horse racing betting sites often have a mobile app or at least a mobile-friendly website connected to them. This makes it super easy to place a bet whilst on the move and out and about. But what makes the best betting apps and what should you be looking for? Our guide will help you find out the best app for betting on the go.
These horse racing betting apps have been innovatively created to work fast and seamlessly for racing fans. You will be are able to use your mobile device to find live odds, in-play betting, live stream races and also place a bet, get a welcome offer, great betting odds and an easy to use betting slip.
Betting using the best mobile betting apps and best sports betting apps is safe, secure, fast and enjoyable and is a fast-growing and popular way to bet.
Read on for more information on the best betting apps:
- 1 The Best Betting Apps in July 2022 – The Results
- 2 What Should I Look For in a Sports Betting App?
- 3 Why Bet on Horses with a Betting App?
- 4 What Are The Features of the Best Mobile Betting App?
- 5 What We Looked For In The Best Horse Betting Apps
- 6 Is It Safe to Use Apps For Betting?
- 7 Download for iOS and Android
- 8 Does No Mobile App Available Mean I Can’t Use the Bookmakers Online?
- 9 Are Sports Betting Apps Free To Download?
- 10 What’s the Best Betting App on Android?
- 11 Other Question About Betting Apps And New Mobile Betting Sites
- 11.1 Does Bet365 Have An App?
- 11.2 What is the best betting app UK?
- 11.3 Which betting app has the best cash out?
- 11.4 What is the best betting app offers for horse racing?
- 11.5 What are the best football betting apps?
- 11.6 Are sports betting apps better on IOS or Android?
- 11.7 How many betting apps should I have?
- 11.8 What is the easiest betting app to use?
- 11.9 Are sports betting apps free to download?
- 11.10 Can I cash out with my sports betting app?
- 11.11 Can I use my betting app abroad?
- 12 Popular Questions
- 12.1 Is There One Sports Betting App That is Better Than All the Others
- 12.2 Can I cash out with my sports betting app?
- 12.3 What is the best mobile betting app?
- 12.4 What is the best betting app for football?
- 12.5 What Should I Look For in a Sports Betting App and in the Best Android Betting Apps UK?
- 12.6 Does No Betting Mobile App Mean I Can't Use the Bookmakers Online?
- 13 Summary of the UK’s Best Betting App & Best Sports Betting App Options
- 14 Other Horse Racing Betting Brands and Popular Sports Betting Apps
The Best Betting Apps in July 2022 – The Results
From our research and testing, below is a list of the best mobile betting apps for horse racing betting in July 2022:
- The Bet365 on the move app is a comprehensive, well designed and easy to use mobile phone application that enables users to punters to bet on a range of sports.
- The Coral mobile app is available on both iOS & Android and this is one of the very best sports betting apps in the UK for bettors on mobile phones.
18+ Eligible UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- It’s great how much attention to detail has gone into the Betbull Mobile App. It is jam-packed with betting features and its menu navigation is intuitive.
Min Deposit £10 and bet on sports. Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- 888sport offers a very good betting app for those on iOS and Android devices. The mobile application is designed to look like the 888 website.
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F – A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market – Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Betfred’s mobile phone app is brilliant. The Betfred bookmaker’s app is accessible via download to all smartphones – Android, iPhone, iPad & Windows Phone.
New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required.Full T&C's Apply
- Ladbrokes’ industry-leading experience and creativity shine through this mobile phone app that offers the widest range of football and horse racing betting markets.
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- William Hill mobile betting has been voted the #1 gambling and live betting app for Sports Betting, Horse Racing and Football
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- The Unibet App is one of the better sportsbook apps and is voted in the top 10 list of best betting apps for mobile phone punters in the UK.
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org.Full T&C's Apply
- The Spreadex mobile app has a well-designed and user-friendly mobile trading platform with a good search function to bet on all UK major sports.
New Customer Offer. T&Cs Apply. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- The BetVictor app for Android and iOS devices ensures an enjoyable mobile betting experience for punters on all UK sporting events
18+ New customers only. Deposit, opt in and place a £10 qualifying bet on Horse Racing at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 3x £10 Horse Racing Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater. Plus, a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw a max of £250. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- Betfair mobile sportsbook definitely scores points for mobile punting. The Betfair app is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission.
New customers place £50 worth of bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100. Min odds 1.2 (1/5). Multiple bets included. Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Paddy power’s mobile app has an excellent in-play betting product where punters can easily access the sports events happening at the time on mobile phones.
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion.Full T&C's Apply
Simply follow the links and check these best betting apps for yourself or check out what our teams thought were the best betting sites and why we put them to the test.
What Should I Look For in a Sports Betting App?
When you are looking for the best betting app much depends on your won personal preference, however, in our tests and research we identified what we consider to be the most important features of a good betting app.
Our review looks in more detail at these, which include are:
- Ease of use – all the best gambling apps on the market are easy to use and navigate. You need to be able to place bets, deposit and withdraw quickly. To download a gambling app is also easy and quick from the Google play store.
- A wide range of sports options – obviously we are a horse racing site but we love a wide range of sports including football, rugby, tennis, motor racing and more. All the betting sites we list have apps that cover a full range of sports betting and sports events.
- Live streaming options – as well as being able to bet whilst on the move what of the main benefits is that you never need to miss a race, whether in the pub, on the bus or on a walk. All of the best apps offer horse racing live streaming at courses from Cartmel to Carlisle, Ascot to Aintree, Newbury to Newton Abbot – including all those listed on our guide.
- Possible offers for new customers – as you would expect when signing up to best horse racing betting sites when signing up with or via a best online betting app you will be entitled to all the benefits of all betting sites, which can include a free bet, sign up, welcome bonus (a first deposit normally required) and best odds. We recommend that you take advantage of such benefits.
- A full range and different types of bets – mobile apps offer all the benefits of standard traditional betting websites and you won’t be restricted in what they offer, which means you’ll be able to enjoy in-play betting, great odds, watch the action live, easy deposit and withdrawals, spread betting, best odds guaranteed and more – all from the comfort of your mobile or device.
All of the above features will be part of a top sports betting app, there are different options to suit everyone, there is a wide selection to choose from.
Why Bet on Horses with a Betting App?
Many people prefer to bet using a UK betting app as it’s simple, effective and speedy compared to online betting or going into UK betting shops (check out betting shops near me to find your local shop).
In today’s world, you can bet digitally from either a mobile sportsbook app or from a bookmakers official website, this depends on your preference, but the bottom line is that many of the top betting sites are accessible via mobile phones as many people want to place bets quickly.
Most new betting sites now only exist online or in mobile format.
Also betting apps often work better, as they are optimised for mobiles. They subsequently can offer a better and more streamlined betting experience.
We think you should bet using a betting app (or bookmaker app) as it enables easy betting when out and about. They are a great option for people with busy lifestyles and are a big part of the gaming, casino and betting industry.
Mobile apps are simple and you can navigate your way around the application without hassle or fear of freezing and crashing. Many of the top racing best sites also come with both an official sports app and a mobile-friendly site (mobile site) that you can access from your browser.
All the sites we have listed above come with brilliant apps that can be downloaded on both iOS and Android. These top of the range apps are being constantly updated for ease of use and so punters can gain quick access to their chosen reliable racing betting app anywhere in the world.
Using betting apps can help you to find out the horse betting results!
What Are The Features of the Best Mobile Betting App?
There’s no need for any crazy features when it comes to a mobile betting app. The main thing is to have a reliable, secure and easy to navigate app.
Additional beneficial features may include live betting, cashout, live odds and different types of bets.
Let’s take a look at these features in more detail:
- In-Play Betting – this is often available on the official betting website too, but it’s great to have the option to use live betting via your app. It is quick and easy and means you never miss out on the action.
- Cash Out options – again, this feature is available on lots of sites. But you may get quicker access to the cash-out feature. This is important as you may not have time to be sat in front of a PC all the way through a sporting event but checking on the move can allow you to make an informed decision.
- Live Odds – a great thing about apps, is that you can easily access the odds as they change. In a fast-moving betting world that is very important.
- A wide range of sporting markets – the best apps pretty much have a range of markets. We enjoy apps that have an app that matches their site and means you can bet on everything from football to tennis, rugby to racing and everything in between.
- Notifications and updates – provide you with the chance to set notifications for offers and upcoming events, so you never miss out when you place a bet. You can also notifications and updates of any free bets or events that may be of interest.
- Live Streaming – if you bet in play, you could be privy to the live stream, watch the action unfold with a high-quality video stream. Also, you, of course, want to see the racing action live. You need never miss the action now.
- Welcome bonus – welcome bet and welcome bonus to new customers (a new customer offer) when opening a brand new account, as is normal with any new betting account on a mobile website or otherwise (qualifying bets and a free bet stake may apply).
- Range of betting markets – including horse racing, football betting (pre-match and in-play) and more sporting events, there are betting markets for all.
- Different appliance functionality – the best apps can work across Android and for tablet betting, whichever is your personal preference.
- Secure Payments – safe and secure payments and withdrawals with various cash out options including debit card, Paypal betting and more. Credit card payments are not allowed.
- Easy to navigate and use – very simple user-friendly interface, a good mobile betting experience is key with betting apps.
- Customer service – just because you are on the move doesn’t mean that customer service needs to be compromised. You will find live and phone support available via most top apps.
- Range of payment options – as mentioned above everything from bank cards to e-wallets including betting via phone bill, Boku betting and Trustly betting. A variety of banking options is important. Most major bookmakers will have a full range of bet payment methods.
- Competitive odds and best odds – most online bookies all do best odds guaranteed – but this gives peace of mind.
- Safe to use and verified – in the same way, that websites are verified and safe, the top 10 betting apps are the same. It is important to ensure that they have been officially licensed by UK Gambling Commission and other huge licensing bodies.
- Daily promotions – we also searched for mobile apps that offered daily promotions. Many of the top bookmakers are now providing betting app users with updates on their daily promo, whether a free bet or a price boost. This will keep your finger on the pulse. You can also get the occasional horse racing free bet.
What We Looked For In The Best Horse Betting Apps
We looked for all of the features above when selecting the best apps and making our shortlist.
We essentially enjoyed betting apps that offered lots of markets, extra features and a range of bet types. These offered the best experience for punters.
Plus, if we managed to find a live stream capability, that was great as that is a feature we really value. As well as standard streaming, some allowed you to tune in afterwards with video replays!
This is a great feat for UK horse racing betting sites, it offers customers to stay in touch whilst on the move and if they missed a race they can catch it later.
You can simply place your bet and join the action from the live stream.
Is It Safe to Use Apps For Betting?
A common question we get asked and yes, it’s safe to use the best sports betting apps.
We would say to be sure that they are the official apps from the store – you can normally see this by the reviews. The safest way to do so is to use our links or visit the official bookie site and use their link.
If a company has a license and audits, it will be safe.
A betting app is encrypted and take lots of precautions against potential hacks. Nonetheless, it is integral to ensure that you also use a safe and secure payment options.
Utilise the best e-wallets, debit cards and other secure payment types, to protect you from any threats.
Another way you can ensure a safe app is to check independent reviews, like ours here or use the app reviews.
Download for iOS and Android
The best sites and betting apps provide highly functional betting apps that are available for both iOS and Android users. To download, simply visit either the App Store or Google Play. It is easy to download the app, search in the store and check the reviews.
You will never be expected to pay for these types of downloads, install them for free.
Does No Mobile App Available Mean I Can’t Use the Bookmakers Online?
No, most bookies have physical shops as well as “normal betting websites” – apps basically are the newbies on the block.
Most online bookies now have apps as these are more functional and less likely to crash which is why they are growing in popularity.
Are Sports Betting Apps Free To Download?
Yes, the best bookmaker betting apps are free.
They have a variety of payment methods when you are looking to put money into these accounts, as well as being governed by the gambling commission, to give you peace of mind.
The ones that we have selected at the top of the page are all free to download via the correct and best channels. They cover racing, tennis and also act as excellent football betting apps.
What’s the Best Betting App on Android?
There are lots of excellent android betting app options around – again explored above – if you are signing up for a new betting app make sure you get your welcome bonus (you’ll need to make a first deposit and place a qualifying bet).
Other Question About Betting Apps And New Mobile Betting Sites
Here are the most popular questions we get asked about betting app offers, betting app deals, horse racing apps and their use in general:
Does Bet365 Have An App?
Yes, there is a bet365 mobile betting app – it’s very popular and one of the best, for ease of use and you can live stream all the action too. It’s one of our top picks.
Check it out today by following the link at the top of this page to find out more about their sports betting app.
What is the best betting app UK?
Much of this obviously boils down to personal preference, we think the best sports betting apps and football betting apps mobile are easy to navigate, have a wide range of sports, good odds and generous welcome offers.
All the app we review can be used on football.
Which betting app has the best cash out?
Again most offer this but a personal favourite is the bet365 mobile app as they are easy to work around and their payouts are often generous.
The best app for horse racing betting will depend on your own personal preferences.
What is the best betting app offers for horse racing?
As mentioned previously what makes up the best mobile betting app or best mobile gambling sites come down to personal choice in the end.
Most of the best apps in the UK are of similar high quality.
What are the best football betting apps?
A lot of racing fans also love football, all the best betting apps we have reviewed are also great football apps, so you can enjoy both sports from your mobile or tablet with ease.
You can enjoy live streaming, a range of betting markets, cash-out options and the odd free bet as well.
There isn’t a bespoke football betting app as such it is the standard leading online bookmakers, particularly popular and good ones include William Hill and Paddy Power.
The best betting apps offer ease of use and good versatility.
Are sports betting apps better on IOS or Android?
A betting app for android or IOS/Apple is no different.
They will have the same functions, so it makes no difference to the user and punter experience. Essentially an android app is the same as an IOS one.
How many betting apps should I have?
To be honest you probably only need one as long as it covers the full range of sporting events that you are interested in, individual terms and conditions will apply to each different betting apps so these are always worth checking out.
What is the easiest betting app to use?
There are lots of betting apps available – especially when you search for “best betting apps UK” so deciding and trying to find the best or easiest to use can be tricky.
All the ones we mention are easy so you can rest assured with all those listed in this guide.
Are sports betting apps free to download?
Sports betting apps are free to download.
You download them from the app store in the same way you do any other app. You won’t be charged for gambling apps as they are always looking for new customers and don’t want to put up any barriers to purchase and want to make it easy for you to place a bet.
Many of the best racing apps are also the best football betting platforms as well.
Can I cash out with my sports betting app?
Yes, of course, you can – a sports betting app works exactly the same as a normal online betting website so you can use the cash-out feature in the same way as it will be available. So – you can cash out when you have a sporstbook bet at home, on the bus or on the move – perfect!
They will also have other features on the standard website versions, such as bet builder options.
Can I use my betting app abroad?
More often than not yes, but it depends if betting is legally allowed in this country. The ability to use your betting app or horse racing betting app abroad is nothing to do with the app per see but it is a legal decision and law of that country or domain.
Check out our how to bet online abroad guide.
Is There One Sports Betting App That is Better Than All the Others
There is not one sports betting app that is better than all others. We have reviewed lots of different ones and selected what we consider to be the best – all these are listed on our site.
Check out the best ones today as well as any sign up offer bonuses for new customer offers.
Can I cash out with my sports betting app?
Yes you can cash out with sports betting apps.
Most apps operate in the same way as a standard betting site – including cash out – they are just more user friendly and less likely to crash.
When betting on the move we definitely recommend an app.
What is the best mobile betting app?
What is the best betting app for football?
The best betting app for football are:
- Willliam Hill
- Paddy Power
All of the ones featured in our guide are superb options if you are looking for football betting on the Premier League, domestic league or international matches.
The best football apps we would say are the ones we include here although you can find specific guides to the best football betting apps when searching the internet for more detailed analysis of that.
What Should I Look For in a Sports Betting App and in the Best Android Betting Apps UK?
The factors you should look for in a Sports Betting app are:
- Secure – (UK gambling commission sanctioned)
- Easy to use
- Live stream options
- Variety of payment options
- In-play betting
- Easy to deposit and withdraw cash
Visit our website for a full breakdown.
Does No Betting Mobile App Mean I Can't Use the Bookmakers Online?
No if the site doesn’t have a mobile betting app it doesn’t mean you can’t bet online.
There are lots of options for UK betting – including in shops, traditional online sites and also mobile apps.
Some bookies offer all three options others just one. To be clear though you can bet online without having to download a betting app is that is your preference.
Summary of the UK’s Best Betting App & Best Sports Betting App Options
Apps offer a range of benefits and are new to the betting world. They are very popular due to the fact that they are easy to use and can be used when “out and about” and “on the go”.
They offer all the same benefits of a normal betting site including a range of betting options, sports, live streaming, great welcome offer options, extra places, deposits and withdrawals options, racing every day, special offers etc as well as offering new customer offers (welcome offer or free bet) should you be signing up.
However, these top betting apps are less likely to crash and are optimised for efficient use so if you are betting when on a tablet or mobile device we definitely recommend downloading one of the great betting app options mentioned above. We have tried to high-light the best offers but these change a lot.
We hope you have enjoyed our best sports betting app guide and found one suitable for your needs.
Other Horse Racing Betting Brands and Popular Sports Betting Apps
As well as the top betting sites listed above, here is a full list of other horse racing betting brands available in the UK and Ireland that are definitely worth checking out. All of these horse racing gambling websites come highly recommended:
- 32Red Horse Racing
- 888 Horse Racing
- Best Betting Apps
- Best Horse Racing Betting Sites
- bet365 Horse Racing
- BetBull Horse Racing
- BETDAQ Review
- Betfair Horse Racing
- Betfred Horse Racing
- BetVictor Horse Racing
- BoyleSports Horse Racing
- Coral Horse Racing
- Grosvenor Sports Horse Racing
- Horse Racing Free Bets
- Irish Betting Sites
- Jeffbet Bet 10 Get 30 Sign Up Offer
- Ladbrokes Horse Racing
- LeoVegas Horse Racing
- MansionBet Horse Racing
- Matchbook Review
- Mr Green Horse Racing
- Mr Play Sport
- New Betting Sites
- Novibet Horse Racing
- Paddy Power Horse Racing
- Parimatch Horse Racing
- Quinnbet Horse Racing
- Sky Bet Horse Racing
- Smarkets Horse Racing
- Spreadex Horse Racing
- Tote Welcome Offer
- Unibet Horse Racing
- William Hill Horse Racing
Most of the above betting sites include a free bet (to use on all betting markets) when signing up and other perks such as live betting, live horse racing streaming, free bet options, enhanced odds, odds boosts, betting options, market coverage of different events and other benefits we cover above, check out the individual pages as full t&cs apply to each one. more opportunities come on to the market nearly every day.
Happy hunting from a new site or online betting apps and if you are lucky enough to win don’t forget to use our free betting calculator.