The Duke of Cambridge Stakes is a Group 2 race for fillies and mares aged four and upwards over a mile at Royal Ascot. It was first run in 2004 and is currently staged on day 2 of the festival meeting.
Notable past winners include Soviet Song (2006), Integral (2014), Amazing Maria (2015) and Qemah (2017).
Find out more about the Duke of Cambridge Stakes:
- 1 Race Overview – Duke of Cambridge Stakes
- 2 Duke of Cambridge Stakes Odds
- 3 Duke of Cambridge Stakes Tips
- 4 Duke of Cambridge Stakes Previous Winners
- 5 Famous Duke of Cambridge Stakes Winners
- 6 Key Duke of Cambridge Stakes Trials
- 7 Duke of Cambridge Stakes Betting Trends
- 8 Duke of Cambridge Stakes – Top Trainers and Jockeys
- 9 Betting on the Duke of Cambridge Stakes
- 10 Best Duke of Cambridge Stakes Betting Sites
- 10.1 bet365 Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.2 Betfred Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.3 William Hill Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.4 Unibet Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.5 Betfair Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.6 888sport Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.7 BetVictor Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.8 Coral Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.9 Ladbrokes Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.10 Parimatch Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.11 Paddy Power Royal Ascot Offer
- 10.12 Betway Royal Ascot Offer
- 11 Popular Questions
- 12 Summary of Duke of Cambridge Stakes
- 13 2022 Royal Ascot Festival Posts
Race Overview – Duke of Cambridge Stakes
The Duke of Cambridge Stakes is a Group 2 flat horse event for fillies and mares aged four and above that takes place in the United Kingdom. Every year in June, it is held at Ascot on a one-mile course.
Check out our guides to all the other Group 2 horse races.
Duke of Cambridge Stakes Odds
Here are the latest odds for the Duke of Cambridge Stakes in June 2023:
- These odds have not yet been released.
Duke of Cambridge Stakes Tips
Here are some tips for Duke of Cambridge Stakes in June 2023:
- 2 points to win for TBC at odds of TBC
- 1 point each way for TBC at odds of TBC
Some of the horses in the Duke of Cambridge Stakes will run in other events later in the year. Stay updated on the horses and place ante-post bets if you want to wager on them.
Duke of Cambridge Stakes Previous Winners
|2013||Duntle||4||Wayne Lordan||David Wachman|
|2014||Integral||4||Ryan Moore||Sir Michael Stoute|
|2015||Amazing Maria||4||James Doyle||David O’Meara|
|2016||Usherette||4||Mickael Barzalona||André Fabre|
|2017||Qemah||4||Gregory Benoist||Jean-Claude Rouget|
|2018||Aljazzi||5||William Buick||Marco Botti|
|2019||Move Swiftly||4||Daniel Tudhope||William Haggas|
|2020||Nazeef||4||Jim Crowley||John Gosden|
|2021||Indie Angel||4||Frankie Dettori||John & Thady Gosden|
|2022||Saffron Beach||4||William Buick||Jane Chapple-Hyam|
Famous Duke of Cambridge Stakes Winners
The Duke of Cambridge Stakes (previously known as the Windsor Forest Stakes) was one of several new Group races added to the European programme for older fillies in 2004. The first two runnings of the race were both won by Sir Michael Stoute with Favourable Terms and Peeress. The latter went on to win the Group 1 Sun Chariot Stakes at Newmarket in 2005 and the Lockinge Stakes at Newbury in 2006.
The 2006 Duke of Cambridge Stakes was won by the brilliant Soviet Song, trained by James Fanshawe and ridden by Jamie Spencer. She had been the highest rated filly in training in 2004 and 2005. Her nine career victories included the 2004 Sussex Stakes at Goodwood and the 2005 Falmouth Stakes at Newmarket.
Sir Michael Stoute claimed a third victory in the race in 2010 with Strawberrydaiquiri, ridden by Ryan Moore. He later secured a record fourth success with Integral (2014), once again with Moore in the saddle. Integral won the 2014 Falmouth Stakes and Sun Chariot Stakes. She was kept in training the following season and finished runner-up when attempting a second Sun Chariot victory.
Amazing Maria sprang a 25-1 surprise in this race in 2015, trained by David O’Meara and ridden by James Doyle. She went on to win the Group 1 Falmouth Stakes and Prix Rothschild. The talented grey stayed in training for a further season but without success.
2017 winner Qemah has won the Coronation Stakes at Royal Ascot in 2016 and the Prix Rothschild at Deauville. She had her compatriot and 2016 winner Usherette back in third. The pair were separated by 40-1 outsider Aljazzi who would go one better in 2018 for trainer Marco Botti.
2020 winner Nazeef continued the run of subsequent Group 1 winners to emerge from this race, taking the Falmouth Stakes and the Sun Chariot Stakes for John Gosden. She had started the season contesting handicaps on the all-weather.
Key Duke of Cambridge Stakes Trials
The most informative trial for the Duke of Cambridge Stakes has been the Dahlia Stakes at Newmarket. Four of the last twelve winners ran in that race, two of them winning and one being placed. Nine of the twelve had at least one previous victory in a Group 1 to 3 race. All but one of them had finished in the first three last time out.
The two subsequent targets for Duke of Cambridge winners are the Falmouth Stakes and the Sun Chariot Stakes at Newmarket. Seven of the last twelve winners ran in the Falmouth Stakes next time. Three of them won; Integral (2014), Amazing Maria (2015) and Nazeef (2020). Six went on to contest the Sun Chariot Stakes with two of them winning and one finishing in the frame. Four ran in the Prix Rothschild in the same season but without success.
Duke of Cambridge Stakes Betting Trends
Favourites have a mixed record in the Duke of Cambridge Stakes. Integral (2014) at 9-4, Usherette (2016) at 9-4 and Qemah (2017) at 5-2 were successful. Strawberrydaiquiri (2010), Duntle (2013) and Aljazzi (2018) all started second favourite.
There have also been a couple of shock results here with Amazing Maria (2015) at 25-1 and Indie Angel (2021) at 22-1. Lolly For Dolly (2011) and Joviality (2012) both started at 11-1 and Move Swiftly (2019) won at 9-1.
An official rating of 103 or higher has been required to win this race. The highest rated winner in recent seasons was Usherette (2015) with a figure of 117. Integral (2014) was rated only 2lbs lower on 115 and Qemah (2017) on 114.
Four-year-olds have been dominant here, accounting for all but three of the races since the inaugural running in 2004. Soviet Song (2006) was the oldest winner at six while Sabana Perdida (2008) and Aljazzi (2018) won at the age of five.
Duke of Cambridge Stakes – Top Trainers and Jockeys
Sir Michael Stoute and John Gosden lead the all-time trainer standings for the Duke of Cambridge Stakes with four winners. Stoute’s winners were Favourable Terms (2004), Peeress (2005), Strawberrydaiquiri (2010) and Integral (2014). Gosden won it with Nannina (2007), Joviality (2012) and Nazeef (2020). He added a fourth in partnership with son Thady with Indie Angel in 2021.
France won the race for the first time with Sabana Perdida in 2008, trained by Alain de Royer-Dupre. They struck again with Andre Fabre’s Usherette (2016) and Jean-Claude Rouget’s Qemah (2017).
Three jockeys have won this race twice; Wayne Lordan (2011, 2013), Ryan Moore (2010, 2014) and William Buick (2012, 2018).
Betting on the Duke of Cambridge Stakes
The Duke of Cambridge Stakes has brought mixed results for punters. It is certainly worth noting runners from the yards of Sir Michael Stoute and John and Thady Gosden, particularly those racing in the colours of Cheveley Park Stud. The race has produced some top class winners so the form is worth following in races such as the Falmouth Stakes and Sun Chariot Stakes later in the season.
Best Duke of Cambridge Stakes Betting Sites
Here are the most popular free bets for Duke of Cambridge Stakes betting:
- New customers for Royal Ascot at bet365 can claim the Bet of £10 & Get £50 Free Bets sign-up offer. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits for Royal Ascot Festival
- The bet 10 get 60 pounds in betting bonuses is a popular 2022 Royal Ascot offer for new punters looking to wager on the Royal Ascot Festival races
New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required.Full T&C's Apply
- William Hill’s latest promo is bet £10 get £30 in free bets, an excellent bookies offer for the big races at The Royal Ascot 2022
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- The new sign up offer from Unibet is one of the best new promotions to take advantage of for The Royal Ascot Festival in 2022, bet £10 to receive £40 in free bets
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first racing bet loses. Wagering: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Sports bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. Full T&Cs apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- Betfair’s free bet bonus is one to take a look at for The 2022 Royal Ascot, offering a totally free £30 bet, available to use for both the Betfair exchange and sportsbook
New Customer offer. Place a min £10 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £30 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- With their latest promo, 888 sport’s offer gets new customers 30 pounds when they bet 10, making it a great bonus to make the most of for the races
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F – A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market – Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- One of the best sign up offers for Royal Ascot, this BetVictor promo of bet 10 get 40 is perfect for new customers wanting to place a bet on the horses
18+ New customers only. Deposit, opt in and place a £10 qualifying bet on Horse Racing at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 3x £10 Horse Racing Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater. Plus, a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw a max of £250. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- Coral’s newest sign up deal for Royal Ascot is for the value of 20 pounds in free bets, a betting offer that’s perfect for those wanting a bet on the big races
18+ Eligible UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- This bookmakers new promotion is ideal for the horse racing, proving 20 pounds in free bets when you place 5 as a new customer, perfect for The Royal Ascot!
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Parimatch have a new welcome offer of £30 in free bets when you bet £5, which is a great promo to make the most of for The Royal Ascot
18+ New Customers opt in, deposit and bet £5 at odds 2.00+ on Horse Racing within 7 days of registration; excludes cashed out bets. Get 3x £10 Free Bets, set events only at odds 2.00+. Free Bets expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply, see below. | begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsiblyFull T&C's Apply
- Paddy Power are known for their terrific betting offers, and their latest promotion gives customers 10 pound back as cash if the bet doesn’t win!New Customer Offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £10. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion.Full T&C's Apply
- For a brilliant new customer offer for the horse racing, betway’s up to £10 in free bets is an excellent choice
New UK customers only. £10 Min Deposit. 100% matched free bet on your first deposit of £10. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bets. Debit Card deposits only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way.Full T&C's Apply
What distance is the Duke of Cambridge Stakes?
The Duke of Cambridge Stakes is 1 mile long.
Where is the Duke of Cambridge Stakes run?
The Duke of Cambridge Stakes is run at Ascot Racecourse.
When does the Duke of Cambridge Stakes take place?
The Duke of Cambridge Stakes is held in June.
Summary of Duke of Cambridge Stakes
2022 Royal Ascot Festival Posts
Here are all the related articles to the Royal Ascot Festival 2022:
- 888sport Royal Ascot
- Albany Stakes
- Ascot Gold Cup
- Ascot Racecourse
- Ascot Stakes
- bet365 Royal Ascot
- Betfair Royal Ascot
- Betfred Royal Ascot
- BetVictor Royal Ascot
- Betway Royal Ascot
- Britannia Stakes
- Buckingham Palace Stakes
- Chesham Stakes
- Commonwealth Cup
- Copper Horse Stakes
- Coral Royal Ascot
- Coronation Stakes
- Coventry Stakes
- Diamond Jubilee Stakes
- Duke of Cambridge Stakes
- Duke of Edinburgh Stakes
- Golden Gates Stakes
- Hampton Court Stakes
- Hardwicke Stakes
- Jersey Stakes
- Kensington Palace Stakes
- King Edward VII Stakes
- King George V Stakes
- King's Stand Stakes
- Ladbrokes Royal Ascot
- Norfolk Stakes
- Paddy Power Royal Ascot
- Palace of Holyroodhouse Stakes
- Parimatch Royal Ascot
- Prince of Wales’s Stakes
- Queen Alexandra Stakes
- Queen Anne Stakes
- Queen Mary Stakes
- Queen's Vase
- Ribblesdale Stakes
- Royal Ascot
- Royal Ascot Betting Offers
- Royal Ascot Day 1 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 2 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 3 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 4 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 5 Tips
- Royal Hunt Cup
- Sandringham Handicap
- St James's Palace Stakes
- Unibet Royal Ascot
- William Hill Royal Ascot
- Windsor Castle Stakes
- Wokingham Stakes
- Wolferton Stakes
If you do choose to bet, please bet responsibly.