Horses must be four years old or older to compete in the Grade 1 National Hunt hurdle race known as the Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle in Great Britain.
There are eight hurdles to clear during the course of the race, which is held at Sandown Park over a distance of around 2 miles (1 mile, 7 furlongs, and 216 yards, or 3,215 metres).
The novice hurdlers’ race is slated to take place in January each year.
The race was staged as the 32Red Hurdle between 2011 and 2013 and was sponsored by the online casino 32Red from 2011 through 2018. It has been supported by Unibet since 2019.
Find out more about the Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle:
Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle 2022 Odds
The Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle 2022 odds are below:
- The odds for this race have not yet been released.
Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle Tips
Our Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle tips are below:
- 2 points to win for TBC at odds of TBC
- 1 point each way for TBC at odds of TBC
There are horses from the Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle that will also run in other races through the year so stay updated on them and place ante-post bets.
Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle Previous Winners
|2013||Melodic Rendezvous||7||Nick Scholfield||Jeremy Scott|
|2014||Royal Boy [d]||7||Tony McCoy||Nicky Henderson|
|2015||L’ami Serge||5||Barry Geraghty||Nicky Henderson|
|2016||Yorkhill||6||Ruby Walsh||Willie Mullins|
|2017||Finian’s Oscar||5||Tom O’Brien||Colin Tizzard|
|2018||Summerville Boy||6||Noel Fehily||Tom George|
|2019||Elixir Du Nutz||5||Tom O’Brien||Colin Tizzard|
|2020||Fiddlerontheroof||6||Robbie Power||Colin Tizzard|
|2021||Metier||5||Sean Bowen||Harry Fry|
|2022||Constitution Hill||5||Nico de Boinville||Nicky Henderson|
What Happened In The 2022 Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle
👏 Constitution Hill – a brilliant winner of the Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle
— Racing TV (@RacingTV) March 15, 2022
Facts about the Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle
- The Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle is a Grade 1 National Hunt hurdle race in Great Britain which is open to horses aged four years or older.
- It is run at Sandown Park over a distance of about 2 miles, and during its running, there are eight hurdles to be jumped.
- The race is for novice hurdlers, and it is scheduled to take place each year in January/early February.
- It was first to run in 1974, and it was originally called the Tolworth Hurdle.
- The race was given Grade 1 status in 1980, and it was renamed the Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle in 1987.
- It has been sponsored by Coral since 2002, and it is currently known as the Coral Welsh Grand National Trial Hurdle.
- The Tolworth has been won by some notable future champions, including See You Then (1985), Make A Stand (1997), Istabraq (1998) and Kicking King (2004).
- Since the race’s inception in 1971, it has been won by a British-trained horse on 27 occasions.
- The most successful trainer in the history of the Tolworth is Nicky Henderson, who has won the race on six occasions.
- The current sponsor of the Tolworth is JLT Group.
Summary of the Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle
Thank you for checking out our Tolworth Novices’ Hurdle guide.