Our team of horse racing tipsters fully research every race to give you the best tips, stats and betting analysis for every race at Cartmel.
All our Cartmel betting tips are carefully selected with facts to assist our selections from ground conditions, and the previous course records to the current form of the horse racing trainers.
Our unrivalled Horse Racing Tips service for racing at Cartmel today gives you a free exclusive analysis and tips for every race on Saturday. The free tipping service comes from our team of experts who were voted in the top 10 horse racing tipsters in 2023.
In our Cartmel betting tips guide, we provide you with all the information to make an informed decision on which horses to back.
Cartmel Racing Tips Today
Here is Cartmel betting tips for Saturday‘s racing in December 2023.
|No Race Fixtures found today|
Our list of selections above provides one betting tip in each race for Saturday racing at Cartmel races.
If there is no Cartmel race meeting on 09/12/2023 the selections above will be empty, until the next horse racing fixtures.
Top Cartmel Jockeys
Here are the latest stats over the last 12 months for Cartmel data of winners.No table found
Top Cartmel Trainers
Here are the recent statistics from the previous 12 Months for Cartmel winners.No table found
As part of our selection process, we look at high strike-rate winning trainer and jockey partnerships.
Facts To Consider Before Backing Horses At Cartmel Racecourse
Here are some statistics associated with Cartmel Racecourse:
- Cartmel Racecourse is a National Hunt-only course located in the heart of the Lake District in Cumbria.
- The track is left-handed, undulating, and features a very tight turn, with a slightly downhill finish, including an extraordinarily long run from the last fence in chases.
- The feature races at Cartmel are the Cumbria Crystal, a valuable hurdle at the July meeting, and the Grand Veterans Handicap Chase at the same time of year.
- The August meeting holds the other two important races, The Cavendish Cup Chase and the Cartmel Cup over hurdles.
- Cartmel has a short racing season, with just 9 days of racing spread over 4 meetings each year, some of which now have live music afterwards.
- Crowds often exceed 20,000, a figure beat only by Aintree and Cheltenham on the National Hunt circuit.
- The Cartmel course is just a mile in circumference and the tight turn into the ‘home’ straight accounts for about 75-80% of the transition from the ‘back’ straight to the ‘home’.
- The chase course has just 6 fences, of which the 4 along the main straight also come close together and can cause issues for untidy jumpers on the last circuit when the pace tends to pick up.
- According to these statistics, the most successful outright favourite at Cartmel is non-handicap chasers, with a win percentage of 59% and an LSP of +3.76.
- The least successful outright favourite at Cartmel is handicap hurdles, with a win percentage of 28% and an LSP of -16.31.
- When betting at Cartmel, it should be noted that big, galloping types may struggle on this tight track, particularly any that jump to the right or prefer to race right-handed.
- Being up with the pace can be an advantage, but the narrow track keeps field sizes down to manageable levels most of the time.
- The fences are not too severe, but their grouping means a higher premium on jumping ability than would otherwise be the case.
Summary of Cartmel Tips
Here at British Racecourses, our experts study the Cartmel race card each and every day to provide our tips for Cartmel races.
If you are considering attending Cartmel races we feel you should check out our thorough guide for Cartmel Racecourse.
Here are some additional factors that influence the selections we offer for all Cartmel racing events:
- Course and distance form overall
- Each and every best backed horse
- Each gelded horse
- Each horse after a wind operation
Best of luck with your best, and we hope you found value in the information we’ve provided.
Find all the horse racing tipping information articles.
- Aintree Betting Tips
- Ascot Betting Tips
- Ayr Betting Tips
- Bangor-on-Dee Betting Tips
- Bath Betting Tips
- Beverley Betting Tips
- Brighton Betting Tips
- Carlisle Betting Tips
- Cartmel Betting Tips
- Catterick Bridge Betting Tips
- Chelmsford City Betting Tips
- Cheltenham Betting Tips
- Chepstow Betting Tips
- Chester Betting Tips
- Doncaster Betting Tips
- Epsom Downs Betting Tips
- Exeter Betting Tips
- Fakenham Betting Tips
- Ffos Las Betting Tips
- Fontwell Park Betting Tips
- Goodwood Betting Tips
- Hamilton Park Betting Tips
- Haydock Park Betting Tips
- Hereford Betting Tips
- Hexham Betting Tips
- Huntingdon Betting Tips
- Kelso Betting Tips
- Kempton Park Betting Tips
- Leicester Betting Tips
- Lingfield Park Betting Tips
- Ludlow Betting Tips
- Market Rasen Betting Tips
- Musselburgh Betting Tips
- Newbury Betting Tips
- Newcastle Betting Tips
- Newmarket Betting Tips
- Newton Abbot Betting Tips
- Nottingham Betting Tips
- Perth Betting Tips
- Plumpton Betting Tips
- Pontefract Betting Tips
- Redcar Betting Tips
- Ripon Betting Tips
- Salisbury Betting Tips
- Sandown Park Betting Tips
- Sedgefield Betting Tips
- Southwell Betting Tips
- Stratford-On-Avon Betting Tips
- Taunton Betting Tips
- Thirsk Betting Tips
- Uttoxeter Betting Tips
- Warwick Betting Tips
- Wetherby Betting Tips
- Wincanton Betting Tips
- Windsor Betting Tips
- Wolverhampton Betting Tips
- Worcester Betting Tips
- Yarmouth Betting Tips
- York Betting Tips