Looking for tips on how to improve your Lengthen The Odds bets? We have you covered as we look at the best bookmakers around who offer this type of bet.
Lengthen The Odds bets are based on predicting the winning margin of the horse. This type of bet is particularly popular when there is a short-price favourite in a race and a punter is looking for some added interest and increased odds.
Lengthen The Odds bets are becoming increasingly popular, with more and more punters choosing this bet type to get better returns rather than just taking short odds offered by a favourite.
Check out our Lengthen The Odds tips:
- 1 Lengthen The Odds Tips for Today
- 2 What is Lengthen The Odds Betting?
- 3 How Does Lengthening of the Odds Work?
- 4 What can Affect a Horse’s Wining Distance in Lengthen The Odds Betting?
- 5 Bookmakers Offering Lengthen The Odds Betting Market
- 6 Popular Questions
- 7 Summary of Lengthen The Odds Tips
- 8 Other Horse Racing Tips Related Articles
Lengthen The Odds Tips for Today
Here are the Today’s Lengthen The Odds tips for today:
|Meeting||Time||Name||Bet Type||Bet Slip|
|Hereford||12:20||Magic Seven||Lengthening The Odds||Add to BetSlip →|
|Hereford||12:50||Mactavish||Lengthening The Odds||Add to BetSlip →|
|Kelso||12:30||Wyenot||Lengthening The Odds||Add to BetSlip →|
What is Lengthen The Odds Betting?
The Lengthen The Odds betting market is used when punters strongly fancy a selection to win by a significant winning distance.
Lengthening the odds means the bookmaker gives more favourable odds to the punter for the racehorse to win by more than a certain amount of lengths.
Many horse tipsters select the daily double tips or daily NAP selections as some of the “lengthen the odds tips” as they are confident that this horse is the most likely winner and look for ways to maximise a potential return.
Lengthen the Odds is a great way for bookmakers to stimulate interest in what can often be static markets when there is a clear favourite. It also adds a bit more fun for a punter.
This type of bet is popular in Championship races over the jumps and Group Races on the flat, this is because in these top races, the jockeys are not trying to protect a handicap mark but will aim to win impressively, as this will improve a horses value or cement it is a Champion. For that reason, Lengthen The Odds bets are popular at big Festivals such as Royal Ascot, Aintree, Glorious Goodwood and Cheltenham where there are high-class races and fully fit horses trying to win.
How Does Lengthening of the Odds Work?
Lengthening the Odds betting works by offering increased odds if you can predict the winning distance of a horse.
For example here is what a Lengthening of the Odds can look like:
- 2/1 to win by less than two lengths
- 3/1 to win by 2 lengths or more
- 7/2 to win by 3 lengths or more
- 4 to win by 4 lengths or more
- 13/2 to win by 5 lengths or more
- 8/1 to win by 6 lengths or more
- 12/1 to win by 7 lengths or more
- 16/1 to win by 8 lengths or more
In this example, the further the horse wins the better the odds you will get.
What can Affect a Horse’s Wining Distance in Lengthen The Odds Betting?
Many factors can affect the distance that a horse wins by in a race these are:
- Race code – often the winning distance in jumps races are bigger than on the flat.
- Type of race – in Championship and Group races the winning distances are often bigger as the favourites will be trying to stamp their superiority to enhance breeding or reputation.
- Ground conditions – often softer ground can enhance the winning distances
- The racecourse – some racecourses are stiffer than others for example Cheltenham, Bangor, Chepstow and Ascot.
- Race distance – often the longer the race the bigger the winning distances, more often than not a winning distance in a 3 mile chase is bigger than a 5 furlong sprint.
Bookmakers Offering Lengthen The Odds Betting Market
Not all online bookmakers offer the lengthening of the odds betting market. However more and more are starting to offer it, especially at big meetings
Here are the top-rated horse racing betting sites offering the lengthen-the-odds bet type:
- Skybet Mobile Betting
- Paddy Power Mobile Betting App
- Betfair Mobile Betting App
- BetVictor Mobile Betting App
- William Hill Mobile Betting App
What does lengthen your odds over 3 mean?
Lengthen your odds over 3 means bookmakers will provide higher betting odds for your selection to win by over 3 lengths.
A greater return on the bet is made possible with the odds increasing, but the horse needs to win the race with more than three lengths.
To lengthen the odds means to make it less likely to happen and punters will lose their bet if the pick wins with exactly 3 lengths or under.
With the “Lengthen The Odds Over 3” promotion, you can get much greater odds if you think the horse will win by 3 lengths or more.
What does lengthen your odds over 5 mean?
Lengthen your odds over 5 means online bookies will provide increased betting odds for your selection to win by over 5 lengths.
A greater return on the bet is made possible with the odds increasing, but the horse needs to win the race with more than five lengths.
To lengthen the odds means to make it less likely to happen and punters will lose their bet if the pick wins with exactly 5 lengths or under.
With the “Lengthen The Odds Over 5” promotion, you can get much greater odds if you think the horse will win by five lengths or more.
Summary of Lengthen The Odds Tips
Lengthen The Odds betting is a fun way to spice up betting on favourites and an attempt to undercover some value in the betting market.
However, as well as adding some fun and a different proposition it can also be a way for punters to maximise profits on a particular horse and confident win bets when they believe the horse will win by a wide or specific margin.
Our tipsters here at British Racecourses highlight horses worth a punt on Lengthen The Odds on a daily basis – check them out today – hopefully, you will find some wide margin winners!
If you have enjoyed this top-rated betting tipsters page, here are some other articles related to horse racing tips you may also like:
- Acca Tips
- All Weather Racing Tips
- Bet Builder Tips
- Daily Double Betting Tips
- Dark Horse Tips
- Each Way Tips
- Free Horse Racing Tips Today
- Horse Racing Big Bets
- Horse Racing Value Tips
- ITV Pick 7 Tips
- ITV Racing Tips Today
- Lengthen The Odds Tips
- Longshot Tips
- Lucky 15 Tips
- Lucky 31 Tips
- Lucky 63 Tips
- Most Tipped Horses Today
- Nap Of The Day
- Outsider Tips
- Patent Bet Tips
- Racing TV Tips
- Request A Bet Tips
- Round Robin Tips
- Sky Sports Tips
- Today’s Tote Placepot Tips
- Treble Tips
- Tuesday Horse Racing
- Yankee Tips