Paul Nicholls is seeking answers over the dip in his stable’s form with Cheltenham 2022 just weeks away.
Paul Nicholls thinks the Cheltenham Festival is “The Olympics of our sport” with so many amazing memories over the years.
With the lack of stable form, he has drifted considerably in the Cheltenham Top Trainer award for Cheltenham 2022 Festival.
Many punters are saying Paul Nicholls’s horses might be best left this year and Aintree could be where his horses revive their form.
We run through Paul Nicholls’s Best Cheltenham chances of the 2022 Cheltenham Festival.
- 1 2022 Cheltenham Festival Best Chances for Paul Nicholls
- 1.1 10. Simply The Betts (Plate Handicap Chase)
- 1.2 9. Frodon (Ultima Handicap Chase)
- 1.3 8. Cat Tiger (Kim Muir Chase)
- 1.4 7. McFabulous (Coral Cup)
- 1.5 6. Politologue (Queen Mother Champion Chase)
- 1.6 5. Threeunderthrufive (Brown Advisory Novices Chase)
- 1.7 4. Bob And Co (Hunters’ Chase)
- 1.8 3. Stage Star (Ballymore Novices Hurdle)
- 1.9 2. Thyme White (Grand Annual Chase)
- 1.10 1. Bravemansgame
- 2 Paul Nicholls Cheltenham Tips
- 3 Betting on Paul Nicholls Horses
- 3.1 888 Cheltenham Offer
- 3.2 bet365 Cheltenham Offer
- 3.3 MansionBet Cheltenham Offer
- 3.4 Betfred Cheltenham Offer
- 3.5 Coral Cheltenham Offer
- 3.6 Mr Green Cheltenham Offer
- 3.7 William Hill Cheltenham Offer
- 3.8 Ladbrokes Cheltenham Offer
- 3.9 Unibet Cheltenham Offer
- 3.10 BetVictor Cheltenham Offer
- 3.11 Mr Play Cheltenham Offer
- 3.12 BetBull Cheltenham Offer
- 3.13 32Red Cheltenham Offer
- 3.14 Betfair Cheltenham Offer
- 3.15 Grosvenor Cheltenham Offer
- 3.16 LeoVegas Cheltenham Offer
- 3.17 Paddy Power Cheltenham Offer
- 3.18 bet365 Cheltenham Free Bet
- 4 Popular Questions
- 5 Paul Nicholls winners at The Cheltenham Festival
- 6 Summary of Paul Nicholls Cheltenham Runners
- 7 Other Cheltenham Related Articles
2022 Cheltenham Festival Best Chances for Paul Nicholls
Here are the best chances and picks from the Paul Nicholls yard for Cheltenham Festival 2022.
10. Simply The Betts (Plate Handicap Chase)
A great previous winner at Cheltenham but tough task at an official rating of 155.
“I think in handicap company, riding him really positively over two and a half miles, will really suit him. I think he has got it all to do to win off 155 and I think he is paying for that success (2020 Plate). He is a tough and genuine horse that never gets dropped. He will run his race but he has got it all to do at the weights.”
9. Frodon (Ultima Handicap Chase)
He is off 164 but is 10 going on 11 and he has had some amazingly hard battles but they can’t go on competing at the highest level forever.
“The thing is the first day at Cheltenham might be on the slowest ground. Carrying that weight he has to have everything in his favour to be competitive.”
8. Cat Tiger (Kim Muir Chase)
Stays really well and needs to come late to have any chance.
7. McFabulous (Coral Cup)
He will be better horse when sending him chasing but still a great prospect in a tight handicap.
6. Politologue (Queen Mother Champion Chase)
Running in the very competitive champion chase and not in the same league as the favourites.
5. Threeunderthrufive (Brown Advisory Novices Chase)
He will stay all day and has a live long shot chance.
4. Bob And Co (Hunters’ Chase)
Has an absolutely fantastic chance in the Foxhunters Chase.
3. Stage Star (Ballymore Novices Hurdle)
With a comfortable six lengths win the feedback was “Harry (Cobden) was really impressed with the way he did things that day.”.
“We just don’t know how good he might be. He has basically followed the same route as we did with Bravemansgame last year. He’s probably one of our best chances of the week I’d say.”
2. Thyme White (Grand Annual Chase)
Thyme White’s credentials are exciting and one of Paul Nicholls’s best chances for a Cheltenham victory.
Thyme White won at Doncaster over the festive period and has not raced since to keep his handicap mark.
Paul Nicholls believes Thyme White has a winnable official rating and could be a great each-way bet for the Grand Annual Chase.
“He really caught my eye this morning, he worked beautifully on softish ground. He looks great, he’s a lovely big horse. He’s got to overcome a bit of inexperience obviously, he has only had three runs over fences but that means he may get in on a nice mark.”
Nicholls has kept Thyme White off the racecourse with Cheltenham in mind, as he bids to follow the stable’s recent winners Solar Impulse (2016) and Le Prezien (2018).
Progressed very nicely and one of the best horses at the festival according to official ratings.
The hugely-talented novice chaser Bravemansgame heads for the Grade One Brown Advisory Novices’ Chase (Wednesday 16th March).
Winner of the Grade One Challow Hurdle at Newbury and third in the Grade One Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle at The Festival last season, the seven-year-old is unbeaten in four starts over fences during the current campaign.
“He would be my NAP of the week, he has as good a chance as any.”
Paul Nicholls Cheltenham Tips
With Paul Nicholls having many Cheltenham runners throughout the festival it is important to get inside information and betting advice on his racehorses.
Many horse racing punters are desperate to find out the latest feedback on his Cheltenham Festival runners.
As so many horse racing fans are looking for the edge on what selections to choose they regularly search the internet for the following:
- Paul Nicholls Cheltenham Tips 2022
- Best Paul Nicholls Picks for Cheltenham Festival 2022
- Paul Nicholls Cheltenham Festival Tips 2022
- Best Chances Paul Nicholls Cheltenham 2022 Festival
- Paul Nicholls Bankers for Cheltenham Festival 2022
- Paul Nicholls NAP Selections for Cheltenham 2022 Festival
- Tips on Paul Nicholls Cheltenham Runners 2022
- Bankers on Paul Nicholls 2022 Cheltenham Runners
- Paul Nicholls trainer quotes on Cheltenham Festival Runners
This Paul Nicholls guide to his NAP selections and bankers are pulled together from the following information.
Paul Nicholls Trainer Quotes
There is no better information on the Cheltenham runners than the trainer quotes.
The Paul Nicholls trainer quotes are straight from the source of who is training them every single day.
If there is any uncertainty about trips, ground, current form on the gallops and injuries it is best to always see the trainer quotes on the latest updates.
The advice could include which horses are seen to be ahead of the handicapper on the official ratings if running in handicap races at Cheltenham.
The trainer quotes is a good source to find any hints on any knocks, injuries or setbacks during the work from home training on the gallops.
Listening to the trainer’s thoughts on which races they are preferring the horse to go for is important for ante-post betting markets.
Previous jockeys who have ridden the horses sometimes provide quotes and inside information on how the horse will perform at Cheltenham.
Will the horse like the ground conditions? Will the horse like the stiff uphill finish at Cheltenham Racecourse?
The jockey’s feedback is very important to understanding more on how the selection will perform at Prestbury Park festival.
If the jockey has a choice to make on which horse to ride then this can also be a great source for information when looking for Cheltenham Tips on this year’s runners.
Listening to the jockey’s feedback on the horses is important because being in the saddle and riding the horse they will know exactly what horse they had under them and if there was more in the tank than met the eye in some races.
You can pick up amazing inside information from yard stable tours on how the horses are working from home on the gallops.
The stable tour videos by all the horse racing news websites, sports betting pundits and British television channels devoted to horse racing provide a true insight into what it takes to train a racehorse and prepare it for a race.
Showing the racehorses being put through their paces on the gallops, receiving informative details of how the horses are preparing for the Cheltenham Festival.
Here is a great in-depth preview of Paul Nicholls’s squad for the upcoming 2022 Cheltenham Festival by At The Races:
The analysis, observation and understanding of the feedback are where it gets all the best horse racing tipsters trying to research and unfold any potential advantages in the information they can get.
If you are early enough to get inside information and knowledge as a punter you can beat the bookies by taking early prices on the ante-post betting markets.
Professional Horse Racing Tipsters
The more sources of information you can get the better chances you have in making an informed decision.
We regularly listen to Cheltenham tipsters, horse racing pundits and successful horse racing tipsters in the following areas.
- Racing Post
- At the Races
- Racing TV
- Sporting Life
- The Jockey Club
- Betting Brands (Betfair, paddy power, Betfred etc)
Our horse racing resources is one of the biggest and most reliable information sources in horse racing.
If you’re a punter into form guides, or an exchange trader looking in-running our resources are designed to save you hours of researching the internet.
The previous form of the horse on what they’ve done on the racetracks is probably the most important aspect to tipping horses.
You can see if the horses appreciate the ground, trip and potentially have something in hand on official ratings from previous form guides.
Time of the races, horses they have beat and watched the selections jumping can all affect the decision for horse racing tipsters on who has the best chances.
Betting on Paul Nicholls Horses
Once you have chosen the Paul Nicholls selections you fancy then it all comes down to comparing the prices on offer and trying to find the best value.
Here are the best betting sites for Cheltenham Races with amazing free bet sign up bonuses for new customers:
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F – A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market – Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
New customers only. Min deposit and bet £10 (£20 if E/W bet) from UK debit card only. Min odds Evens (1/5 per leg in multi selection). £10 Free Bet valid for 7 days, stake not returned, no Cash Out, max winnings £5k.Full T&C's Apply
New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required.Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. PayPal and certain deposit and bet types excluded. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
New players only. Qualifying bet(s) must have minimum odds of 3/1 and must be settled before triggering free bet. Free Bet must be used on an accumulator with 3 or more selections. 18+. begambleaware.org.Full T&C's Apply
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 25x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in.Full T&C's Apply
18+ New customers only. Deposit, opt in and place a £10 qualifying bet on Horse Racing at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 3x £10 Horse Racing Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater. Plus, a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw a max of £250. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
18+, Welcome Bonus: New Players only, 1st Deposit, Min Deposit: £10, max £15 bonus, valid for 14 days, bets must be placed at a min. odds of 1/1 (2.00) or greater and be settled within 14 days of placement. System bets no eligible.Full T&C's Apply
Min Deposit £10 and bet on sports. Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
Opt in. Min. Odds Evs, Max. £10 stake, Max. additional profit £100. Skrill and Neteller deposits are not eligible – See full termsFull T&C's Apply
New Customer offer. Place a min £10 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £30 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
New Customer Offer. T&Cs Apply. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion.Full T&C's Apply
One Free Bet available per day with no deposit required. New and eligible UK & ROI customers only. Applies to single bets only. Returns exclude Free Bet stake.Full T&C's Apply
How many winners has Paul Nicholls had at Cheltenham?
Paul Nicholls has had 46 winners at the Cheltenham Festival.
- With 46 Cheltenham Festival winners to his name, he is best known for the Cheltenham superstars of Kauto Star and Denman.
Has Paul Nicholls won the Champion Chase?
Paul Nicholls has won the Cheltenham Queen Mother Champion Chase six times.
The six winners of the Cheltenham Queen Mother Champion Chase include:
- Call Equiname (1999)
- Azertyuiop (2004)
- Master Minded (2008)
- Master Minded (2009)
- Dodging Bullets (2015)
- Politologue (2020)
Has Paul Nicholls won the Cheltenham Gold Cup?
Paul Nicholls has won the Cheltenham Gold Cup four times.
The four winners of the Cheltenham Gold Cup include:
- See More Business (1999)
- Kauto Star (2007)
- Kauto Star (2009)
- Denman (2008)
Paul Nicholls winners at The Cheltenham Festival
Here are all Paul Nicholls previous winners at the Cheltenham Festival:
- 1999 Flagship Uberalles Sporting Life Arkle
- 1999 Call Equiname Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase
- 1999 See More Business Boodles Cheltenham Gold Cup
- 2003 Azertyuiop Sporting Life Arkle
- 2004 Azertyuiop Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase
- 2004 Sporazene McCoy Contractors County Handicap Hurdle
- 2004 Earthmover St James’s Place Festival Hunters’ Chase
- 2004 St Pirran Johnny Henderson Grand Annual
- 2005 Thisthatandtother Ryanair Chase
- 2005 Sleeping Night St James’s Place Festival Hunters’ Chase
- 2006 Noland Sky Bet Supreme Novices’ Hurdle
- 2006 Star De Mohaison Brown Advisory Novices’ Chase
- 2006 Desert Quest McCoy Contractors County Handicap Hurdle
- 2007 Denman Brown Advisory Novices’ Chase
- 2007 Taranis Ryanair Chase
- 2007 Kauto Star Boodles Cheltenham Gold Cup
- 2007 Andreas Johnny Henderson Grand Annual
- 2008 Master Minded Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase
- 2008 Celestial Halo JCB Triumph Hurdle
- 2008 Denman Boodles Cheltenham Gold Cup
- 2009 Chapoturgeon Northern Trust Company Novices’ H’cap Chase
- 2009 Master Minded Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase
- 2009 Big Buck’s Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle
- 2009 American Trilogy McCoy Contractors County Handicap Hurdle
- 2009 Kauto Star Boodles Cheltenham Gold Cup
- 2010 Sanctuaire Boodles Juvenile Hcp Hdl (Fred Winter)
- 2010 Big Buck’s Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle
- 2011 Al Ferof Sky Bet Supreme Novices’ Hurdle
- 2011 Big Buck’s Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle
- 2011 Zarkandar JCB Triumph Hurdle
- 2012 Rock On Ruby Unibet Champion Hurdle
- 2012 Big Buck’s Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle
- 2013 Salubrious Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys H’cap H
- 2014 Lac Fontana McCoy Contractors County Handicap Hurdle
- 2015 Aux Ptits Soins Coral Cup
- 2015 Dodging Bullets Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase
- 2015 Qualando Boodles Juvenile Hcp Hdl (Fred Winter)
- 2016 Diego Du Charmil Boodles Juvenile Hcp Hdl (Fred Winter)
- 2016 Ibis Du Rheu Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys H’cap H
- 2016 Solar Impulse Johnny Henderson Grand Annual
- 2017 Pacha Du Polder St James’s Place Festival Hunters’ Chase
- 2018 Pacha Du Polder St James’s Place Festival Hunters’ Chase
- 2018 Le Prezien Johnny Henderson Grand Annual
- 2019 Topofthegame Brown Advisory Novices’ Chase
- 2019 Frodon Ryanair Chase
- 2020 Politologue Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase
Summary of Paul Nicholls Cheltenham Runners
Paul Nicholls is an absolute horse trainer legend with nearly half a century of winners at the Cheltenham Festivals.
This year he has suffered some setbacks and sounds a little deflated compared to previous years because sees the strength the Irish raiders have.
Comparing Willie Mullins Cheltenham Runners, Gordon Elliott Cheltenham Runners and Henry De Bromhead Cheltenham Runners it looks like Paul Nicholls has one eye on Aintree because struggling to compete with the strength in depth those yards have.
“We haven’t got the numbers and we won’t have the numbers that Willie (Mullins) and Gordon (Elliott) have got.”
Other Cheltenham Related Articles
If you have enjoyed this Paul Nicholls Cheltenham Tips page, here are some other articles related to Cheltenham betting you may also like:
- 32Red Cheltenham Offers
- 888 Sport Cheltenham Offers
- Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle
- Arkle Chase
- Baring Bingham Novices Hurdle
- Best Cheltenham Betting Offers
- bet365 Cheltenham Offers
- Betbull Cheltenham Offers
- Betfair Cheltenham Offers
- Betfred Cheltenham Offers
- BetVictor Cheltenham Offers
- Brown Advisory Novices Chase
- Champion Bumper
- Champion Hurdle
- Cheltenham Best Odds Guaranteed
- Cheltenham Festival
- Cheltenham Festival - Biggest Race Winning Distance
- Cheltenham Festival - Total Number of Winning SP Favourites
- Cheltenham Festival Biggest Winning SP
- Cheltenham Festival Day 1
- Cheltenham Festival Day 2
- Cheltenham Festival Day 3
- Cheltenham Festival Day 4
- Cheltenham Festival Prestbury Cup
- Cheltenham Festival Tips
- Cheltenham Gold Cup
- Cheltenham November Meeting
- Cheltenham Racecourse
- Cheltenham Top Jockey
- Cheltenham Top Trainer
- Coral Cheltenham Offers
- Coral Cup
- County Hurdle
- Cross Country Chase
- Dan Skelton Best Cheltenham Bets
- Fansbet Cheltenham Offers
- Festival Plate
- Fred Winter Juvenile Novices’ Handicap Hurdle
- Golden Miller Novices Chase
- Gordon Elliott Best Cheltenham Bets
- Grand Annual Chase
- Grosvenor Sports Cheltenham Offers
- Henry De Bromhead Best Cheltenham Bets
- Kim Muir Chase
- Ladbrokes Cheltenham Offers
- Leovegas Cheltenham Offers
- Liberthine Mares' Chase
- Mansionbet Cheltenham Offers
- Mares Hurdle
- Mares Novices Hurdle
- Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle
- Mr Green Cheltenham Offers
- Mr Play Cheltenham Offers
- National Hunt Chase
- Nicky Henderson Best Cheltenham Bets
- Paddy Power Cheltenham Offers
- Paul Nicholls Best Cheltenham Bets
- Pertemps Final
- Queen Mother Champion Chase
- Ryanair Chase
- St James's Place Festival Hunter Chase
- Stayers Hurdle
- Supreme Novices Hurdle
- Top Champion Chase Winners
- Top Champion Hurdle Winners
- Top Cheltenham Gold Cup Winners
- Triumph Hurdle
- Ultima Handicap Chase
- Unibet Cheltenham Offers
- What To Wear At The Races
- William Hill Cheltenham Offers
- Willie Mullins Best Cheltenham Bets
If betting at Cheltenham, please bet responsibly and consult the national gambling helpline for help or advice if needed.