The Cheltenham Festival is undoubtedly the most popular horse racing event in the United Kingdom, attracting fans and punters of all ability levels. This is why the best bookies have a variety of promotions running on their websites throughout the Festival.
Major races like the Cheltenham Gold Cup capture punters’ curiosity, and with some fantastic sign-up deals and free bets available, there’s something for everyone, with various stakes and wagering requirements for each promotion.
Our top teams look at all the best online betting sites and offers around so you can find something perfect for you.
Find out our tips for the best Cheltenham Betting offers 2023:
- 1 Best Betting Sites for Cheltenham 2023
- 1.1 bet365 Cheltenham Offer
- 1.2 Betfred Cheltenham Offer
- 1.3 888 Cheltenham Offer
- 1.4 Coral Cheltenham Offer
- 1.5 William Hill Cheltenham Offer
- 1.6 Ladbrokes Cheltenham Offer
- 1.7 Unibet Cheltenham Offer
- 1.8 BetVictor Cheltenham Offer
- 1.9 Mr Play Cheltenham Offer
- 1.10 32Red Cheltenham Offer
- 1.11 Paddy Power Cheltenham Offer
- 1.12 Grosvenor Cheltenham Offer
- 1.13 LeoVegas Cheltenham Offer
- 1.14 Betfair Cheltenham Offer
- 2 Cheltenham Festival 2023 Betting Tips
- 3 The Biggest Races at the Cheltenham Festival 2023
- 4 Cheltenham Festival Handicaps 2023
- 5 Types of Cheltenham Offers and Free Bets Available
- 6 How to Use Your Cheltenham Free Bet?
- 7 Cheltenham Festival Special Offers for Existing Customers?
- 8 Popular Questions
- 9 Summary of The Best Cheltenham Offers 2023
- 10 Other Cheltenham Related Articles
Best Betting Sites for Cheltenham 2023
Here are the best betting sites for Cheltenham Festival 2023:
- The bet365 Cheltenham offer is one of the best out there. As one of the top UK bookies we would expect this. The offer is a current deposit £10 and get £10 in free bet credits, for information and T&Cs follow the links below.
- The Betfred offer is a great one -deposit £10 and get up to £60 in bet bonuses. These can be used on a variety of betting markets including racing, football and other sports. For more information on this leading UK bookmaker read our full view.
New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required.Full T&C's Apply
- Get the 888Sport Bet £10 and get £30 Cheltenham offer today. For full terms and conditions or to claim this great free bet credit for the Cheltenham Festival simply follow the link now.
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F – A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market – Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Coral is another hugely popular bookmaker and a high-street name. This deal for new customers is a good one, for more information on this free bets credit either follow the link or check out our bespoke review. As with all betting offers certain terms and conditions will apply.
18+ New UK+IRE customers. PayPal and certain deposit and bet types excluded. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Bet £10 and get £30 in free bet credits with William Hill for the Cheltenham races. These can be used on all the big races at the Festival including the Gold Cup, Champion Chase and Champion Hurdle. Certain deposit restrictions may apply.
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Bet £5 and get £20 with Ladbrokes is a good deal for punters who want to wage a small amount of their money but see a decent amount of free bet credits. As one of the leading and most respected bookies in the UK there are lots of benefits to opening an account whether for Cheltenham betting or at other times of the year.
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- The Unibet offer is a bit different from other bookies and is your money back as a free bet credit if your horse finished in second. This takes away some of the pain of just missing out! Unibet are great Cheltenham bookmaker and currently sponsors the Champion Hurdle, check out our full review for more info.
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 25x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in.Full T&C's Apply
- Bet £10 and get £40 is one of the best Cheltenham offers around. It is certainly worth checking out, with this top UK bookmaker have a great easy-to-use betting platform and more. Check the terms and conditions below.
18+ New customers only. Deposit, opt in and place a £10 qualifying bet on Horse Racing at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 3x £10 Horse Racing Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater. Plus, a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw a max of £250. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- The Mr Play Cheltneham offer of bet £10 and get £15 is not one of the best on the market. However, this new bookmaker is hugely popular for punters looking for a new betting site. We have reviewed all of the best features, read our review or follow the link for more info.
18+, Welcome Bonus: New Players only, 1st Deposit, Min Deposit: £10, max £15 bonus, valid for 14 days, bets must be placed at a min. odds of 1/1 (2.00) or greater and be settled within 14 days of placement. System bets no eligible.Full T&C's Apply
- A different Cheltenham offer from 32Red is their 100 profit boost! This one is definitely worth checking out as its totally different from the type of Cheltenham offered by other leading bookmakers. Read their full T&Cs to find out more.
Opt in. Min. Odds Evs, Max. £10 stake, Max. additional profit £100. Skrill and Neteller deposits are not eligible – See full termsFull T&C's Apply
- A good new offer for Paddy Power customers, basically bet £20 and you’ll be refunded in cash if you lose. This is a great Cheltenham offer from this leading Irish bookmaker. For information on them including BOG, live streaming of Cheltenham races and more, follow the links.
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any market at odds of min 2.0 (EVS) and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion.Full T&C's Apply
- A Cheltenham double-the-odds promotion from Grosvenor is good and Cheltenham offer with a difference. New to the UK gambling scene Grosvenor is growing in popularity, check out the perks in our full review.
New Customer Offer. T&Cs Apply. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- A greal deal of a 100% profit boost up to £100 is something a little different from LeoVegas. If you haven’t heard of this top bookmaker then they are definitely worth checking out. Follow the links and find out more today, including the full terms and conditions of this promo.
- Betfair bet £10 and get £30 is a decent offer if you are opening an account for Cheltenham betting. Betfair are one of the best bookmakers around are highly recommended for betting on the Cheltenham Festival as well as other top sporting events. Find out more about them today.
New Customer offer. Place a min £10 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £30 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
All of the above have been favourably reviewed, with some having Cheltenham free bet offers, betting exchange options on Cheltenham betting markets, live streaming, various deposit methods, bonus bets on specific Cheltenham races and more for new customers. Be sure to follow the links for more information.
Cheltenham Festival 2023 Betting Tips
Looking for some great Cheltenham tips for 2023? Our teams have put forward their Cheltenham bankers or those worth an each-way punt, check them out now:
- Champion Hurdle – Sharjah – 9/1 each way
The Champion Hurdle is a difficult race won impressively last year by Honeysuckle, she will be no value this time. Sharjah is proven at the top level and looks sure to run his race. Definitely each-way material.
- Ballymore Novices’ Hurdle – Stage Star – 6/1
Stage Star has been a standout performer, winning the Challow Hurdle at Newbury with ease, this will have been in mind from his top team and he has to be feared.
- Champion Chase – Shishin – 4/6
Shishkin won the Arkle Chase last year which is always a key pointer to the Champion, he’ll have to battle with Energumene again after their fantastic tussle at Ascot. The defending champion Put The Kettle should not be dismissed lightly with her outstanding Cheltenham racecourse record.
- Stayers’ Hurdle – Paisley Park – 7/1
The Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle is a Grade 1 hurdle run over three miles on day three of the Cheltenham Festival. Paisley Park is a former champion and loves the hill. Expect him to hit the line hard.
- Cheltenham Gold Cup – Galvin – 9/2
Minella Indo and Rachael Blackmore won the race in 2021, but the combination hasn’t been as successful in the races since then, including the King George and Kempton. Even though he’ll be printed by Henry De Bromhead for today, on that basis, Galvin appears to have a great chance.
The Biggest Races at the Cheltenham Festival 2023
Over the course of the week, the Cheltenham Festival offers several major Grade 1 races.
The Gold Cup, which takes place on Friday and dates back to the nineteenth century, The Stayers’ Hurdle, which takes place on Thursday, The Queen Mother Champion Chase, which has always been the featured race on the 2nd day of the festival, and the Champion Hurdle, which takes place on day one, are the most prestigious hurdling events on the calendar.
The Gold Cup is the most important and well-known race at the Cheltenham Festival.
This Grade 1 National Hunt event consists of 22 fences over a distance of around 3 miles 212 furlongs, and the total prize fund in 2021 was close to half a million pounds (£468,750).
Cheltenham Festival Handicaps 2023
The handicap races at the Cheltenham Festival are the following:
- Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Chase
- Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle
- County Handicap Hurdle
- Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup
- Plate Handicap Chase
- Pertemps Final Handicap Hurdle
- Juvenile Novices’ Hurdle
- Coral Cup
- Festival Trophy Handicap Chase
Handicap races are always competitive affairs. A handicapper determines the weight that each horse in a race should carry based on its abilities. The more weight a horse carries, the better the horse is. The theory is that by doing so, the playing field is levelled, and each horse has an equal chance of winning.
Every horse would cross the finish line at the same time in a handicapper’s dream. Of course, it’s never occurred before, and it’s not likely to happen ever.
The reality is that horses frequently outperform their handicap, and handicappers have limited data to decide on the weight that horses will carry.
Types of Cheltenham Offers and Free Bets Available
The following are the types of offers, perks and free bets available for Cheltenham 2023:
Cheltenham Risk-free bets
Instead of free bets, some bookmakers will give risk-free bets as part of their Cheltenham promotions. Risk-free bets usually require you to place a wager and then have your stake refunded up to a certain amount if you don’t win.
Cheltenham Free Bets
The free bet is the most frequent Cheltenham Festival new customer offer (Cheltenham Festival free bets promo). While these bets are sometimes referred to as “free,” they normally require new players to make a qualifying deposit before being rewarded and are awarded in bet credits.
However, once this is completed (along with any other terms and restrictions associated with the offer), bettors are left with a bet amount that they would not have had otherwise. Cheltenham free bets are one of the most popular promos available throughout the week.
This type of deal usually asks you to wager on the first race of the day in exchange for free bets on all other races at Cheltenham on the same day. A little first wager can set you up to bet for the rest of the day at the Festival for no additional cost – often six free bets.
Huge odds-on hot favourites
Instead of giving you a free bet, bookies will occasionally give extremely appealing odds on Cheltenham Festival favourites that are considered borderline unbeatable.
The maximum investment you can make at the inflated odds is normally capped, and the remainder of your earnings is usually given out in free bets. This is a festival perk and doesn’t happen in general on the horse racing market.
How to Use Your Cheltenham Free Bet?
If it’s a free bet token, the first thing to look for is the expiration date (usually seven days).
The Cheltenham free bet may be restricted to a specific market or bet type and horse betting option, so be sure you know what you can do with it before using it. When you pick a selection that you can use a Free Bet on, it will usually appear on your bet slip automatically.
You can then choose whether or not to use the bonus. Alternatively, log into your online bookmaker account to see what bet bonuses you have available.
Cheltenham Festival Special Offers for Existing Customers?
When it comes to Cheltenham Festival promos, it can often feel like all the promotions and free bets are saved for new clients.
Existing account holders, on the other hand, are eligible for a variety of exclusive discounts over the Festival’s four days. They frequently take the following forms:
Extra each-way Places?
Each-way bettors have been given as many as seven places at recent Festivals.
Standard place terms for each-way betting have a four-place limit, which is usually only allowed in handicap events with 16 or more runners.
Price Boosts and Enhanced Odds
When a bookmaker offers higher odds on a wager than usual as an incentive to their consumers, this is known as a price boost on horse racing betting.
Best Odds Guaranteed
Best odds guaranteed is when you take an early price or a fixed-odds price on a horse for a certain race, if the starting price is higher, you will be paid out at the biggest odds. Best odds guaranteed is available via most bookies throughout the year.
Money-back specials on Horse Racing Bets
These promos, which are usually available to existing clients (new and eligible customers) on the first race of each day at the Festival, usually offer money-back in the form of cash or a free bet if a certain event occurs.
If your horse is second to the starting price favourite, falls, or even finishes 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, this could be money back.
Non-runner no-bet special
On the ‘big five’ races at the Cheltenham Festival in March, bet365 has become the first bookie to promote the non-runner no-bet for UK customers.
The Unibet Champion Hurdle, the Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase, the Ryanair Chase, the Paddy Power Stayers’ Hurdle, and the Cheltenham Gold Cup are among the events that will honor non-runner no bet, this is great news for ante-post punters and ante-post betting.
This is a fantastic deal in which your bet will be returned to your betting account if the horse you backed does not participate in the race.
When is the Next Cheltenham Festival?
The next Cheltenham Festival takes place between Tuesday 15th March and Friday 18th March 2023.
Ante-post race betting markets are available now through your chosen online betting site.
How many races does Cheltenham have?
Cheltenham has a total of 28 races across the 4 festival days.
Which horse has won most races at Cheltenham Festival?
Between 1932 and 1936, the famous Golden Miller won the Cheltenham Gold Cup an astonishing five times.
What is the most important race at Cheltenham Festival?
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is definitely the most famous race throughout the whole festival.
Summary of The Best Cheltenham Offers 2023
The Cheltenham Festival is one of the most important racing and sporting events held annually anywhere.
With four days of top-class racing, all broadcast throughout the world, the racing is superb, legends are made and dreams come true.
Many punters love to place a wager on their favourite horses and all the top bookmakers are out in force with a host of offers. We have reviewed all the best ones (simply follow our links to find out more) or sign up and try them for yourself.
We hope you find a bookmaker you like and have a great Cheltenham Festival. Good luck!
Other Cheltenham Related Articles
If you have enjoyed this Best Cheltenham Offers page, here are some other articles related to Cheltenham betting you may also like:
- 32Red Cheltenham Offers
- 888 Sport Cheltenham Offers
- Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle
- Arkle Chase
- Baring Bingham Novices Hurdle
- Best Cheltenham Betting Offers
- bet365 Cheltenham Offers
- Betbull Cheltenham Offers
- Betfair Cheltenham Offers
- Betfred Cheltenham Offers
- BetVictor Cheltenham Offers
- Brown Advisory Novices Chase
- Champion Bumper
- Champion Hurdle
- Cheltenham Best Odds Guaranteed
- Cheltenham Festival
- Cheltenham Festival - Biggest Race Winning Distance
- Cheltenham Festival - Total Number of Winning SP Favourites
- Cheltenham Festival Biggest Winning SP
- Cheltenham Festival Day 1
- Cheltenham Festival Day 2
- Cheltenham Festival Day 3
- Cheltenham Festival Day 4
- Cheltenham Festival Prestbury Cup
- Cheltenham Festival Tips
- Cheltenham Gold Cup
- Cheltenham November Meeting
- Cheltenham Racecourse
- Cheltenham Top Jockey
- Cheltenham Top Trainer
- Coral Cheltenham Offers
- Coral Cup
- County Hurdle
- Cross Country Chase
- Dan Skelton Best Cheltenham Bets
- Fansbet Cheltenham Offers
- Festival Plate
- Fred Winter Juvenile Novices’ Handicap Hurdle
- Golden Miller Novices Chase
- Gordon Elliott Best Cheltenham Bets
- Grand Annual Chase
- Grosvenor Sports Cheltenham Offers
- Henry De Bromhead Best Cheltenham Bets
- Kim Muir Chase
- Ladbrokes Cheltenham Offers
- Leovegas Cheltenham Offers
- Liberthine Mares' Chase
- Mansionbet Cheltenham Offers
- Mares Hurdle
- Mares Novices Hurdle
- Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle
- Mr Play Cheltenham Offers
- National Hunt Chase
- Nicky Henderson Best Cheltenham Bets
- Paddy Power Cheltenham Offers
- Paul Nicholls Best Cheltenham Bets
- Pertemps Final
- Queen Mother Champion Chase
- Ryanair Chase
- St James's Place Festival Hunter Chase
- Stayers Hurdle
- Supreme Novices Hurdle
- Top Champion Chase Winners
- Top Champion Hurdle Winners
- Top Cheltenham Gold Cup Winners
- Triumph Hurdle
- Ultima Handicap Chase
- Unibet Cheltenham Offers
- What To Wear At The Races
- William Hill Cheltenham Offers
- Willie Mullins Best Cheltenham Bets
Please always gamble responsibly.