Colin Keane is an Irish jockey who has been making waves in the horse racing world in recent years.
Born on July 13th, 1994, in County Meath, Ireland, Keane grew up around horses and began riding at a young age. He is now considered one of the top jockeys in Ireland, with an impressive record of wins and achievements.
Find out more about this top Irish flat jockey today.
Colin Keane Stats
Here stats for Colin Keane:An unexpected error occurred.
The list above shows all of Colin Keane’s recent racing stats, runners, and form guide to see if the horse jockey is in good form.
Colin Keane Booked Rides
Here are all the future entries for Colin Keane’s booked rides.An unexpected error occurred.
If no entries are shown above then Colin Keane has no confirmed future rides.
Key Facts about Colin Keane
Here are some facts about the top flat jockey Colin Keane:
- Birth: Colin Keane was born on February 22, 1994, in County Meath, Ireland.
- Apprenticeship: Colin began his racing career as an apprentice jockey, honing his skills and gaining experience in the sport but he quickly gained recognition as a rising star in Irish horse racing due to his talent, results and dedication to the sport.
- Major Wins: Keane has secured numerous major wins in high-profile horse racing events, including the Irish 1,000 Guineas and the Irish Derby.
- Trainers: Colin has been associated with various prominent trainers most notably Ger Lyons.
- Champion Jockey: Colin Keane has won the Irish Flat Jockey Championship most recently in 2023.
- Consistency: Keane is known for his consistency and skill in handling racehorses, which has contributed to his success.
- International Success: In addition to his accomplishments in Ireland, Keane has participated in international racing events and has garnered attention on the global stage.
- Nationality: Irish
- Age: 29 years old
Colin Keane Jockey Profile
Colin Keane Big Wins
Colin Keane has won many big races throughout his career as a jockey. Some of his most notable victories include:
- 1000 Guineas: Keane won this Classic race in 2019 aboard the filly Hermosa, trained by Aidan O’Brien.
- Irish 1000 Guineas: Keane also won this Classic race in 2019 aboard Hermosa, who became the first filly to complete the Guineas double since Finsceal Beo in 2007.
- Phoenix Stakes: Keane won this Group 1 race in 2016 aboard Courage Under Fire, who was trained by Ger Lyons.
- Flying Five Stakes: Keane won this Group 2 race in 2018 aboard Havana Grey, trained by Karl Burke.
- Rockingham Handicap: Keane won this valuable handicap race in 2019 aboard Buffer Zone, trained by Ger Lyons.
- Athasi Stakes: Keane won this Group 3 race in 2014 aboard Ainippe, trained by Ger Lyons.
These are just a few of the many big races that Colin Keane has won throughout his career.
In 2014, Keane won his first Group race, riding the filly Ainippe to victory in the Group 3 Athasi Stakes at the Curragh. This was a significant milestone in his career, and it signalled the start of his rise to the top of the sport. He went on to win several more Group races in the following years, including the Group 1 Keeneland Phoenix Stakes in 2016, riding the talented two-year-old filly, Courage Under Fire.
In 2017, Keane had his most successful year yet, winning the Irish Jockey Championship for the first time. He rode 100 winners that season, including several Group race victories, and cemented his place as one of the top jockeys in Ireland. Keane’s success continued in 2018, with more Group race victories and a second Irish Jockey Championship title. His third came in 2023.
One of Keane’s most significant achievements came in 2019, when he won his first Classic race, riding the filly Hermosa to victory in the 1000 Guineas at Newmarket. This was a historic moment for Keane, as he became the first Irish jockey to win the race in over 20 years. He went on to win the Irish 1000 Guineas with Hermosa later that year, cementing her place as one of the top three-year-old fillies of the season.
In addition to his success in Group races and Classic races, Keane has also won several important handicaps throughout his career. He has a particular talent for riding sprinters, and he has won several big races over five and six furlongs, including the Group 2 Flying Five Stakes at the Curragh and the Rockingham Handicap at the Curragh.
Off the track, Keane is a quiet, unassuming person who prefers to let his riding do the talking. He is a devoted family man, and he credits his parents and siblings with instilling in him the values of hard work, honesty, and humility. Keane is also a keen sportsman, and he enjoys playing soccer and golf in his free time.
Looking to the future, Keane is sure to continue his success as a jockey. He is still young and has many years ahead of him in the sport, and he has already achieved more than many jockeys do in their entire careers. He will no doubt continue to ride at the highest level and compete for top honors in Group races and Classic races around the world.
In conclusion, Colin Keane is a talented and accomplished jockey who has made a significant impact on the world of racing.
He is one of our favourite jockeys here at BRC, as both a brilliant rider and basically a top guy!