Punters love to know the full list of confirmed Grand National Runners and odds ahead of the big racing event.
Those who enjoy a yearly flutter on the gee-gees usually look at the grand national horse’s names and numbers to give them some inspiration for selecting the Grand National winner.
The maximum grand national field is 40 runners and riders. With several reserves, if there are any non-runners the full number of 40 horses are likely to start the 2023 Grand National because the reserve horses will replace the non-runners.
With over 600 million people worldwide tuning in to watch the race the runners and riders have the chance to put themselves into the history books.
In our 2023 Grand National Runners guide, we will show you all the horses’ names, numbers, odds and tips on the iconic racing event.
Find out more about the Grand National runners:
- 1 Grand National Race Card
- 2 Confirmed 2023 Grand National Runners and Weights
- 3 How does a horse get into the Grand National?
- 4 Number of Grand National Entries
- 5 Betting on Grand National Runners
- 6 Summary of Grand National Runners
- 7 Related 2023 Grand National Betting Articles
- 8 Keywords Associated With Grand National Runners
Grand National Race Card
Here is the full list of 40 runners and riders for the Randox Grand National Handicap Chase on Saturday 15th April 2023.
The forty horses will line up at 5:15 pm and above lists all the racehorses, jockeys, horse racing trainers and owners in the racecard.
Confirmed 2023 Grand National Runners and Weights
Here is the full list of horses currently entered and their weight:
- Any Second Now – 11-12
- Conflated – 11-12
- Hewick – 11-12
- Galvin – 11-11
- Noble Yeats – 11-11
- Envoi Allen – 11-8
- Royale Pagaille – 11-8
- Fury Road – 11-6
- Capodanno – 11-5
- The Big Dog – 11-5
- Delta Work – 11-4
- Sam Brown – 11-4
- Franco de Port – 11-3
- Lifetime Ambition – 11-3
- Carefully Selected – 11-1
- Chris’s Dream – 11-0
- Coko Beach – 11-0
- Gaillard du Mesnil – 11-0
- Longhouse Poet – 11-0
- Minella Times – 11-0
- Darasso – 10-13
- Burrows Saint – 10-12
- Pencilfulloflead – 10-12
- Ga Law – 10-11
- Happygolucky – 10-11
- Le Milos – 10-11
- Quick Wave – 10-11
- The Shunter – 10-11
- Escaria Ten – 10-10
- Farclas – 10-10
- Remastered – 10-10
- The Big Breakaway – 10-10
- Threeunderthrufive – 10-9
- Cape Gentleman – 10-8
- Cilaos Emery – 10-8
- Diol Ker – 10-8
- Roi Mage – 10-8
- A Wave of The Sea – 10-6
- Minella Trump – 10-6
- Vanillier – 10-6
- Velvet Elvis – 10-6
- Ain’t That A Shame – 10-5
- Corach Rambler – 10-5
- Enjoy d’Allen – 10-5
- Lord Lariat – 10-5
- Ash Tree Meadow – 10-4
- Battleoverdoyen – 10-4
- Cloudy Glen – 10-4
- Gin On Lime – 10-4
- Mister Coffey – 10-4
- Mr Incredible – 10-4
- Ashtown Lad – 10-3
- Gabbys Cross – 10-2
- Hill Sixteen – 10-2
- Eva’s Oskar – 10-1
- Rapper – 10-1
- Recite A Prayer – 10-1
- Death Duty – 10-0
- Dunboyne – 10-0
- Francky du Berlais – 10-0
- Frontal Assault – 10-0
- Our Power – 10-0
- Sporting John – 10-0
- Back On The Lash – 9-13
- Fortescue – 9-13
- Defi Bleu – 9-12
- Born By The Sea – 9-10
- Gevrey – 9-10
- Milan Native – 9-10
- Punitive – 9-10
- Captain Kangaroo – 9-8
- Darrens Hope – 9-8
- Fakiera – 9-8
- Mortal – 9-8
- Captain Cattistock – 9-5
- Fantastikas – 9-5
- Secret Reprieve – 9-5
- Glamorgan Duke – 9-1
How does a horse get into the Grand National?
Here are the steps to getting a horse into the Grand National.
- Enter your horse for the race before the end of January
- Names and numbers are announced by the British Horseracing Authority the following day
- The top 40 horses on official ratings get into the Grand National
Several important factors to consider when entering a horse into the Grand National is they must meet the minimum criteria for a qualification which are:
- Owner and trainer feel that their horse is capable of handling the race
- The horse is aged seven and upwards
- The horse has been placed first, second, third or fourth in a chase of three miles or more
- At least 125 by the BHA Handicapper (official rating)
When horses qualify for the Grand National they will take their official rating into the handicap race. The official rating on the horse by the BHA Handicapper determines what weight is added to their saddles. You can check out the winning form of the Grand National runner favourites.
Number of Grand National Entries
Here is the most recent number of entries for the Grand National race.
- 2022 – 107 Grand National Entries
- 2021 – 106 Grand National Entries
- 2019 – 112 Grand National Entries
- 2018 – 105 Grand National Entries
- 2017 – 110 Grand National Entries
- 2016 – 126 Grand National Entries
- 2015 – 98 Grand National Entries
Betting on Grand National Runners
If you want to place a bet on any of the Grand National runners check out these great bookies:
- £30 free bets when you register an account with Skybet.com or Sky Bet Betting App on the Aintree Grand National
NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY. FIRST SINGLE & E/W BET ONLY. 5P MINIMUM STAKE. 3 X £10 BET TOKENS. FREE BET STAKES NOT INCLUDED IN RETURNS. FREE BETS EXCLUDE VIRTUALS. FREE BETS ARE NON WITHDRAWABLE. NO FREE BET EXPIRY. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS AND FURTHER T&CS APPLY. #AD 18+. BEGAMBLEAWARE.ORGFull T&C's Apply
- This Open account offer gives you £50 in free bets as a welcome bonus when when new customers deposit and bet £10 online.
Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. #AD Registration required.Full T&C's Apply
- Join William Hill Racing today using promo code Z40 to take advantage of this promotional welcome bonus offer for new bettors.
18+ Play Safe. New customers only. Online and mobile only. From 14:00 08.04.22 until 17:15 09.04.22. Minimum £10 stake on The Randox Grand National Steeple Chase race racecard market only. Maximum £10 Free Bet credited to account on 10.04.22. Further terms apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- Get a whopping £60 in bonuses at Betfred as a welcome bonus offer when you stake £10 to bet on the Grand National using Promo Code BETFRED60.
New 18+ UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. #AD Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Newcomers can bet £5 to get £20 in free bets as a one time promotional offer on the Aintree Grand National.
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- Coral are offering new customers a chance to claim £20 in free bets as a promotional offer, just in time for the Grand National event!
18+ New UK+IRE customers. PayPal and certain deposit and bet types excluded. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- 888Sport are giving away £30 in free bet tokens to new customers as a special promotional offer for the Grand National.
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F – A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market – Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- New customers get £40 in horse racing bonuses as a welcome offer when you deposit and bet £10 on the Grand National.
18+ New customers opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+, no cashout. Get £5 in Free Bets & a £1 Free Bet every weekend for the next 20 weeks, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £5 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. Offer Valid until 10.04.2022. T&C’s apply. begambleaware.org | #AD Please gamble responsiblyFull T&C's Apply
- Claim a £20 free bet on the Aintree Grand National horse race when you place £50 worth of bets at Betfair.
New Customer offer. Place a min £10 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £30 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. #AD Please Gamble ResponsiblyFull T&C's Apply
Summary of Grand National Runners
Good luck when choosing your Grand National runners!
Before the race, most newspaper and TV coverage will give more info – or simply go with your gut and choose a name you like!
Whatever you do, enjoy and play responsibly.
Here are all the related articles to the Randox Grand National 2023.
- 888Sport Grand National
- Aintree Festival
- Aintree Festival Day 1 Tips
- Aintree Festival Day 2 Tips
- Aintree Festival Day 3 Tips
- Aintree Foxhunters Chase
- Aintree Hurdle
- Aintree Racecourse
- Anniversary 4-Y-O Novices’ Hurdle
- Bet On Grand National Online
- bet365 Grand National
- Betfair Grand National
- Betfred Grand National
- BetUK Grand National
- BetVictor Grand National
- Betway Bowl Chase
- Betway Grand National
- Betway Handicap Chase
- BoyleSports Grand National
- Coral Grand National
- Grand National 2024
- Grand National Betting Odds
- Grand National Betting Promotions
- Grand National Dark Horses
- Grand National Facts
- Grand National Fallers
- Grand National Favourites
- Grand National Fences
- Grand National Previous Winners
- Grand National Prize Money
- Grand National Runners
- Grand National Start Times
- Grand National Tickets
- Grand National Tips
- Grand National Weights
- Grey Horses in the Grand National
- How Many Places Pay Out in Grand National?
- Ladbrokes Grand National
- Liverpool Hurdle
- LiveScore Grand National
- Maghull Novices’ Chase
- Manifesto Novices’ Chase
- Melling Chase
- Mersey Novices’ Hurdle
- Mildmay Novices Chase
- Nickel Coin Mares’ Standard Open NH Flat Race
- Paddy Power Grand National
- PariMatch Grand National
- Red Rum Handicap Chase
- Sefton Novices Hurdle
- Sky Bet Grand National
- Top Novices’ Hurdle
- Topham Chase
- Tote Grand National Betting Offers
- Unibet Grand National
- Virgin Bet Grand National
- Watch the Grand National Live
- William Hill Grand National
If you do choose to bet, please bet responsibly.
Keywords Associated With Grand National Runners
- Grand National 2023 runners
- Grand National 2023 runners printable list
- Grand National runners and riders 2023
- Grand National 2023 horses list
- 2023 Grand National horse numbers
- 2023 Confirmed Grand National Runners
- Horse numbers grand national 2023
- Grand National runners and weights 2023
- Grand National horses names and odds
- Grand National horses names and numbers