Punters love to know the full list of confirmed Grand National Runners and odds ahead of the big racing event.
Those who enjoy a yearly flutter on the gee-gees usually look at the grand national horse’s names and numbers to give them some inspiration for selecting the Grand National winner.
The maximum grand national field is 40 runners and riders. With several reserves, if there are any non-runners the full number of 40 horses are likely to start the 2022 Grand National because the reserve horses will replace the non-runners.
With over 600 million people worldwide tuning in to watch the race the runners and riders have the chance to put themselves into the history books.
In our 2022 Grand National Runners guide, we will show you all the horses’ names, numbers, odds and tips on the iconic racing event.
- 1 Confirmed 2022 Grand National Runners and Weights
- 2 How does a horse get into the Grand National?
- 3 Number of Grand National Entries
- 4 Betting on Grand National Runners
- 5 Summary of Grand National Runners
- 6 Related 2022 Grand National Betting Articles
- 7 Keywords Associated With Grand National Runners
Confirmed 2022 Grand National Runners and Weights
Here is the full list of horses’ numbers, names, weights and horse racing trainers.
- Chris’s Dream (IRE) 10 11-10 162 Henry de Bromhead
- Minella Times (IRE) 9 11-09 161 Henry de Bromhead
- Delta Work (FR) 9 11-08 160 Gordon Elliott
- Easysland (FR) 8 11-07 159 Jonjo O’Neill
- Any Second Now (IRE) 10 11-07 159 Ted Walsh
- Run Wild Fred (IRE) 8 11-07 158 Gordon Elliott
- Lostintranslation (IRE) 10 11-05 157 Colin Tizzard
- Brahma Bull (IRE) 11 11-05 157 Willie Mullins
- Battleoverdoyen (IRE) 9 11-05 157 Gordon Elliott
- Burrows Saint (FR) 9 11-04 156 Willie Mullins
- Mount Ida (IRE) 8 11-04 156 Gordon Elliott
- Longhouse Poet (IRE) 8 11-03 155 Martin Brassil
- Fiddlerontheroof (IRE) 8 11-03 155 Colin Tizzard
- Two For Gold (IRE) 9 11-02 154 Kim Bailey
- Santini (GB) 10 11-01 153 Polly Gundry
- Samcro (IRE) 10 11-00 152 Gordon Elliott
- Chatham Street Lad (IRE) 10 11-00 152 Michael Winters
- Farclas (FR) 8 11-00 152 Gordon Elliott
- Escaria Ten (FR) 8 11-00 152 Gordon Elliott
- Good Boy Bobby (IRE) 9 10-12 150 Nigel Twiston-Davies
- Lord du Mesnil (FR) 9 10-12 150 Richard Hobson
- Coko Beach (FR) 7 10-12 150 Gordon Elliott
- De Rasher Counter (GB) 10 10-11 149 Emma Lavelle
- Caribean Boy (FR) 8 10-11 149 Nicky Henderson
- Court Maid (IRE) 9 10-11 149 Tom Mullins
- Kildisart (IRE) 10 10-10 148 Ben Pauling
- Discorama (FR) 9 10-10 148 Paul Nolan
- Highland Hunter (IRE) 9 10-10 148 Paul Nicholls
- Top Ville Ben (IRE) 10 10-10 148 Philip Kirby
- Enjoy d’Allen (FR) 8 10-10 148 Ciaran Murphy
- Anibale Fly (FR) 12 10-10 148 Tony Martin
- Dingo Dollar (IRE) 10 10-10 148 Sandy Thomson
- Freewheelin Dylan (IRE) 10 10-09 147 Dermot McLoughlin
- Class Conti (FR) 10 10-09 147 Willie Mullins
- Noble Yeats (IRE) 7 10-09 147 Emmet Mullins
- Mighty Thunder (GB) 9 10-09 147 Lucinda Russell
- Cloth Cap (IRE) 10 10-09 147 Jonjo O’Neill
- Snow Leopardess (GB) 10 10-08 146 Charlie Longsdon
- Agusta Gold (IRE) 9 10-08 146 Willie Mullins
- Phoenix Way (IRE) 9 10-08 146 Harry Fry
- Poker Party (FR) 10 10-07 145 Henry de Bromhead
- Deise Aba (IRE) 9 10-07 145 Philip Hobbs
- Blaklion (GB) 13 10-07 145 Dan Skelton
- Death Duty (IRE) 11 10-06 144 Gordon Elliott
How does a horse get into the Grand National?
Here are the steps to getting a horse into the Grand National.
- Enter your horse for the race before the end of January
- Names and numbers are announced by the British Horseracing Authority the following day
- The top 40 horses on official ratings get into the Grand National
Several important factors to consider when entering a horse into the Grand National is they must meet the minimum criteria for a qualification which are:
- Owner and trainer feel that their horse is capable of handling the race
- The horse is aged seven and upwards
- The horse has been placed first, second, third or fourth in a chase of three miles or more
- At least 125 by the BHA Handicapper (official rating)
When horses qualify for the Grand National they will take their official rating into the handicap race. The official rating on the horse by the BHA Handicapper determines what weight is added to their saddles. You can check out the winning form of the Grand National runner favourites.
Number of Grand National Entries
Here is the most recent number of entries for the Grand National race.
- 2022 – 107 Grand National Entries
- 2021 – 106 Grand National Entries
- 2019 – 112 Grand National Entries
- 2018 – 105 Grand National Entries
- 2017 – 110 Grand National Entries
- 2016 – 126 Grand National Entries
- 2015 – 98 Grand National Entries
Betting on Grand National Runners
If you want to place a bet on any of the Grand National runners check out these great bookies:
- This Open account offer gives you £50 in free bets as a welcome bonus when when new customers deposit and bet £10 online.
- Join William Hill Racing today using promo code Z40 to take advantage of this promotional welcome bonus offer for new bettors.
18+ Play Safe. New customers only. Online and mobile only. From 14:00 08.04.22 until 17:15 09.04.22. Minimum £10 stake on The Randox Grand National Steeple Chase race racecard market only. Maximum £10 Free Bet credited to account on 10.04.22. Further terms apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- Get up to £50 in free bets and 100% in odds boosts as a welcome bonus promotion when you deposit and bet at BetBull For the Grand National.
Min Deposit £10 and bet on sports. Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Get a whopping £60 in bonuses at Betfred as a welcome bonus offer when you stake £10 to bet on the Grand National using Promo Code BETFRED60.
New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required.Full T&C's Apply
- Newcomers can bet £5 to get £20 in free bets as a one time promotional offer on the Aintree Grand National.
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Coral are offering new customers a chance to claim £20 in free bets as a promotional offer, just in time for the Grand National event!
18+ New UK+IRE customers. PayPal and certain deposit and bet types excluded. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- 888Sport are giving away £30 in free bet tokens to new customers as a special promotional offer for the Grand National.
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F – A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market – Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- New customers get £40 in horse racing bonuses as a welcome offer when you deposit and bet £10 on the Grand National.
18+ New customers opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+, no cashout. Get £5 in Free Bets & a £1 Free Bet every weekend for the next 20 weeks, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £5 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. Offer Valid until 10.04.2022. T&C’s apply. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsiblyFull T&C's Apply
- Claim a £20 free bet on the Aintree Grand National horse race when you place £50 worth of bets at Betfair.
New customers place £50 worth of bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100. Min odds 1.2 (1/5). Multiple bets included. Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
Summary of Grand National Runners
Good luck when choosing your Grand National runners!
Before the race, most newspaper and TV coverage will give more info – or simply go with your gut and choose a name you like!
Whatever you do, enjoy and play responsibly.
Related 2022 Grand National Betting Articles
Here are all the related articles to the Randox Grand National 2022.
- 888Sport Grand National
- Aintree Festival
- Aintree Festival Day 1 Tips
- Aintree Festival Day 2 Tips
- Aintree Festival Day 3 Tips
- Aintree Foxhunters Chase
- Aintree Hurdle
- Aintree Racecourse
- Bet On Grand National Online
- bet365 Grand National
- BetBull Grand National
- Betfair Grand National
- Betfred Grand National
- BetVictor Grand National
- Betway Bowl Chase
- Coral Grand National
- Grand National 2023
- Grand National Betting Odds
- Grand National Betting Promotions
- Grand National Dark Horses
- Grand National Facts
- Grand National Fallers
- Grand National Favourites
- Grand National Fences
- Grand National Previous Winners
- Grand National Prize Money
- Grand National Runners
- Grand National Start Times
- Grand National Tickets
- Grand National Tips
- Grand National Weights
- Grey Horses in the Grand National
- Ladbrokes Grand National
- Liverpool Hurdle
- Melling Chase
- Mildmay Novices Chase
- Paddy Power Grand National
- Sefton Novices Hurdle
- Sky Bet Grand National
- Topham Chase
- Unibet Grand National
- Watch the Grand National Live
- William Hill Grand National
If you do choose to bet, please bet responsibly.
Keywords Associated With Grand National Runners
- Grand National 2022 runners
- Grand National 2022 runners printable list
- Grand National runners and riders 2022
- Grand National 2022 horses list
- 2022 Grand National horse numbers
- 2022 Confirmed Grand National Runners
- Horse numbers grand national 2022
- Grand National runners and weights 2022
- Grand National horses names and odds
- Grand National horses names and numbers