The prestigious three-day meeting begins on April 7th at 1.45 pm for opening day. It’s followed by Ladies’ day on Friday and the Grand National’s big race on Saturday. The main event is on April 9th and starts at 5.15 pm, find out more about the start times and how to watch online live.
This esteemed horse racing event takes place between Thursday and Saturday. It is broadcast live by ITV and Racing TV, you can watch the Grand National online live. The gates open at 10:30am each morning but the earliest races are early afternoon.
Read on for more details on the race start times and more on the much anticipated Randox Grand National.
- 1 What Date & Time is the Grand National?
- 2 How Many Days is the Grand National Festival?
- 3 Popular Questions
- 4 Related 2022 Grand National Betting Articles
What Date & Time is the Grand National?
The Randox Grand National takes place on Saturday 9th April 2022 at 5.15 pm. There is also an opening day on Thursday and Ladies Day on Friday. Those with Grand National tickets can enter the premises from 10:30 am onwards, but the races do not start until 1:45 pm.
The Three Day Meeting puts on a number of exciting races that start at 1:45 pm, read on for the exact start times at the Grand National Festival
Here is our full race start time breakdown:
- 1:45 pm – SSS Super Alloys Manifesto Novices’ Chase (Grade 1)
- 2.20 pm – Anniversary 4-Y-O Juvenile Hurdle (Grade 1)
- 2.55 pm – Betway Bowl Chase (Grade 1)
- 3.30 pm Betway Aintree Hurdle (Grade 1)
- 4.05 pm – Randox Foxhunters’ Open Hunters’ Chase (Class 2)
- 4.40 pm – Close Brothers Red Rum Handicap Chase (Grade 3)Close Brothers Red Rum Handicap Chase (Grade 3)
- 5.15 pm – Goffs UK Nickel Coin Mares’ Standard Open NH Flat (Grade 2)
- 1.40 pm – Orrell Park Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3)
- 2.20 pm – Betway Top Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1)
- 2.55pm – Betway Mildmay Novices’ Chase (Grade 1)
- 3.30 pm – Marsh Chase (registered as the Melling Chase) (Grade 1)
- 4.05 pm – Randox Topham Handicap Chase (Grade 3)
- 4.40 pm – Sefton Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1)
- 5.15 pm – Lydiate Handicap Hurdle
Grand National Day
- 1.45 pm – EFT Construction Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3)
- 2.25 pm – Betway Mersey Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1)
- 3.00 pm- Maghull Novices’ Chase (Grade 1)
- 3.35 pm – Liverpool Hurdle (Grade 1)
- 4.15 pm – Betway Handicap Chase (Grade 3)
- 5.15 pm – Randox Grand National Handicap Chase (Grade 3)
- 6.20 pm – Weatherbys Standard Open NH Flat Race (Grade 2)
How Many Days is the Grand National Festival?
The Grand National Festival lasts from Thursday 7th April to Saturday 9th April (three days). The main event is on the Grand National day which is on Saturday 9th April. That means it is a three day Grand National meeting with non-stop action.
Here are the different days that are put on during the Grand National Festival:
- NHS Day on April 7th – Grand National tickets are given out to 10,000 NHS staff for free. This is a great opening day to warm up for the big event.
- Ladies Day on April 8th – Ladies Day is a chance to dress up to the nines and enjoy the fashion award. The official dress code is smart attire for all and there are lots of exciting races put on in the lead up to the big race day.
- Grand National Day on Saturday April 9 – The big event does not start until 5.15 pm. This is one of the world’s most exciting steeple chase races.
What Time Does the First Race Begin?
The first race begins at 1:45 pm on Thursday 7th April. The first race on the other two days start at 1.40 pm and 1.45 pm.
What is the Grand National Prize Fund?
The total prize money for the Grand National 2022 is £1m, with over half of that being awarded to the most successful horse (1st place). With our guide, you can find out everything you need to know about the Grand National prize money and how much is given out to the top 10 finishes.
It is known as the most valuable jump race in the world.
How to Find Grand National Promotional Offers?
Due to the magnitude of the race, many online bookmakers pull out all of the stops offering lots of free bets and special offers for new customers. You can find a range of different Grand National free bets, special offers and faller insurance refunds as promotions.
Please note, our guide does not constitute professional advice.
Who Won the Last Grand National?
Rachael Blackmore was the first female jockey to win the Grand Nationals on the iconic horse – Minella Times after winning the Randox Grand National meeting in 2021, making history.
Where does the Grand National Take Place?
Related 2022 Grand National Betting Articles
Here are all the related articles to the Randox Grand National 2022.
- 888Sport Grand National
- Aintree Festival
- Aintree Festival Day 1 Tips
- Aintree Festival Day 2 Tips
- Aintree Festival Day 3 Tips
- Aintree Foxhunters Chase
- Aintree Hurdle
- Aintree Racecourse
- Bet On Grand National Online
- bet365 Grand National
- BetBull Grand National
- Betfair Grand National
- Betfred Grand National
- BetVictor Grand National
- Betway Bowl Chase
- Coral Grand National
- Grand National 2023
- Grand National Betting Odds
- Grand National Betting Promotions
- Grand National Dark Horses
- Grand National Facts
- Grand National Fallers
- Grand National Favourites
- Grand National Fences
- Grand National Previous Winners
- Grand National Prize Money
- Grand National Runners
- Grand National Start Times
- Grand National Tickets
- Grand National Tips
- Grand National Weights
- Grey Horses in the Grand National
- Ladbrokes Grand National
- Liverpool Hurdle
- Melling Chase
- Mildmay Novices Chase
- Paddy Power Grand National
- Sefton Novices Hurdle
- Sky Bet Grand National
- Topham Chase
- Unibet Grand National
- Watch the Grand National Live
- William Hill Grand National
If you do choose to bet, please bet responsibly.