We all love a flutter on the horse racing from time to time, whether you are watching at home, at the racecourse or out and about. It will be no surprise that these days, as with most things, the safest and most popular method of betting on the horses is online through trusted, established and reliable horse racing betting websites and their associated mobile apps. These betting sites all offer ease of deposit, great odds, secret bonuses, enhanced places on each-way bets, new customer offers, live streaming options and many more exciting extra benefits; making them the most logical, cost-effective and fun way to bet safely and securely.
- 1 Best Horse Betting Sites 2020 – The Results
- 2 How to Choose the Best Horse Betting Sites – What We Looked For
- 3 Welcome Offers or a Welcome Bonus
- 4 Ongoing Deals Once You’ve Signed Up
- 5 Free Bets and Bet Credits – Added Extras!
- 6 Starting Prices and Betting Odds
- 7 Money Back Offers on Horse Racing
- 8 Betting Apps – Great For “On The Move” and Mobile Betting
- 9 Enhanced Places For Big Races and Horse Racing Festivals
- 10 Live Streaming and Watching Horse Racing Live
- 11 Wide Markets & Popular Betting Events
- 12 Horse Race Form Guides and Horse Racing Tips
- 13 Easy Deposits and Withdrawals
- 14 Betting Limits – Be In Control At All Times
- 15 Customer Services – On Phone or Online Support
- 16 Virtual Horse Racing Options
- 17 Betting on Other Sports
- 18 Are the Betting Sites Secure For My Money?
- 19 Country of Use and Horse Race Betting Abroad Options
- 20 License – Are The Betting Sites Legal?
- 21 Why Bet on Horses Online, Rather Than In a Betting Shop?
- 22 Things to Consider Before Betting on Horses
- 23 Horse Racing Bet Types Available Online
- 23.1 Win Bets
- 23.2 Each Way Bets – Hedging Your Bets with an Each Way Bet!
- 23.3 A Double
- 23.4 A Treble Bet
- 23.5 A Placepot Bet
- 23.6 What is a Jackpot Bet?
- 23.7 A Forecast Horse Racing Bet
- 23.8 What is a Reverse Forecast Bet?
- 23.9 Lucky 15 – A Great Fun Bet
- 23.10 Lucky 31
- 23.11 Lucky 63
- 23.12 Super Heinz
- 23.13 Goliath
- 24 Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Betting Sites
- 25 Summary – Best Horse Racing Betting Sites
- 26 Other Horse Racing Betting Brands
However, in today’s modern world there is more choice than ever before and literally hundreds of bookies to choose from when you want to have a bet; whether that is a weekly occurrence or a once a year treat on a big race such as the Grand National. So when looking for the best horse racing sites, literally, where do you start? Which do you choose? So many of them can seem enticing and they all have so many good offers, as well as “best odds guaranteed messages”. Well, fear not, the experienced teams here at British Racecourses have been doing the research and their homework, analysing the best horse racing sites around at the moment, so that you can make an informed decision before signing up.
Our top teams have been looking at leading online bookmakers, some you would have heard of (such as William Hill, Bet 365 and Paddy Power), as well as some new and exciting players on the market, who we think are worth checking out. So, sit back with a cuppa, or something stronger, and check out our current best horse racing betting sites below. Further down the page, we run through the factors which we took into consideration when selecting these for you.
Finally, always remember to play responsibly. Good luck and happy punting!
Best Horse Betting Sites 2020 – The Results
From our extensive research, the below are what we consider the best betting sites available on the market today, all having great bonuses, bet credits, a range of betting markets, money back offers and more. Simply follow the links for more information:
New Customers Only. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
New UK & NI customers only. 18+. Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet at a minimum of £10 in one bet transaction at evens (2.0) +. £30 paid in free bets within 48 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. Doesn’t apply to customers who place their first bet on the Virtual Grand National. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. Your first bet must be settled within 60 days of bet placement. SMS validation may be required. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. PayPal and certain deposit and bet types excluded. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. Full T&C's Apply
New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days. Full T&C's Apply
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 25x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in. Full T&C's Apply
As mentioned, there are lots of factors to consider when choosing your preferred online bookmaker and much of it boils down to personal preference, however, there are definitely certain criteria you should consider before signing up for an online betting account in order to be confident that you have chosen the horse betting site that is the right one for you.
In our comprehensive and independent guide, we run through and identify those determining factors, we’ve also selected the current best online bookmakers (listed above and at the bottom of the page); based on what we think are the most important factors, including generous welcome bonus offers for new customers, best odds guaranteed, free bets and the best deals currently available in April 2020.
As you are probably aware deals obviously change all time, with new ones coming onto the market every week to attract new customers, so our teams review each betting site and update them on a weekly basis, this means so that you get the best possible deals and up to date information at all times.
How to Choose the Best Horse Betting Sites – What We Looked For
There’s fierce competition between various bookies when it comes to the horse racing and the online betting world. The market is competitive and sometimes you can’t see the wood for the trees when trying to choose the best racing betting site for you.
Britain is the home of the best racing in the world – with events like Royal Ascot, the Cheltenham Festival, Grand National and Glorious Goodwood, broadcast to millions across the world. Subsequently, there’s a lot of quality bookmakers as well, specialising in horse racing betting both in the UK and Ireland and also across the globe. You are almost split for choice!
The factors that we at British Racecourses feel determine the best sites for new customers – and even existing customers – are the below. We believe all of these should be taken into consideration when looking at which horse racing betting account you’d like to opt for. When choosing our selection of best online betting sites above, we weighed up all these factors when selecting them, so we have done the hard work. For more information on those individual sites simply follow the links. Here is what we looked at:
Welcome Offers or a Welcome Bonus
Most sites offer a “welcome offer” or “welcome bonus” for new customers.
These are one-off offers that you get when signing up, they are often generous and you will find that lots of bookies match the amount of money that you put in on your initial deposit – basically doubling your money – and sometimes even more! The most common type of welcome offer promotion in the betting market is either a free bet or money back offer with a qualifying bet.
We think welcome offers are great incentives for new players and they need to be taken very seriously. At British Racecourses we, therefore, keep our eyes peeled for the latest and best welcome offers. However, don’t allow this initial offer make you short-sighted of other benefits – take a look at the other factors we have taken on board when selecting our list of the leading horse racing betting sites below!
🏇TIP – Grab yourself a generous welcome offer to make your initial deposit and first bet go further.
Ongoing Deals Once You’ve Signed Up
These are deals and promos that you get once you have signed up and are therefore an existing customer. More often than not, the individual bookie will drop you a message to let you know about any ongoing deals that you are eligible for. These could be in the form of money back offers, reduced risk bets and boosted odds.
They are more often than not enhanced odds or often something fun and they are also not necessarily restricted to just horse racing, so you can often use them on other betting options, such as football, rugby, tennis, a casino bonus, X-Factor results – or anything else which takes your fancy!
The only way to find out about them is tricky, as you have to roam around the promotions page of the betting site, however, don’t worry! We have done this hard work for you, so all the betting sites that we have recommended have good ongoing deals and offers, so you won’t be left high and dry when signing up!
Our team of experts here at British Racecourses are obviously big fans of betting sites which provide longevity for customers in terms of deals, special offers and bonuses, as many of users like a weekly or even daily punt.
🏇TIP – When looking for a horse racing betting site, look beyond the initial offers and check out if they often on-going specials for existing customers. You can rest assured that the ones we have selected in our guide all do!
Free Bets and Bet Credits – Added Extras!
Well, these are what they say on the tin – a free bet! They operate in a similar way to the ongoing deals mentioned above and are given out by the individual betting site. Basically every so often, in some cases once a month depending on the merchant, you may be given a free bet of free bets and a certain amount of cash will be credited to your account. Sometimes this free bet may be restricted to certain bet type or event (so check terms and conditions of the individual offer) – but what is there not to love!
We love it here at British Racecourses, especially if your free bet wins!
🏇TIP – Similar to ongoing special offers, a free bet is a nice extra to have on your betting account. All of the recommended accounts we mention throw in a free bet from time to time, to keep existing customers happy and feeling valued.
Starting Prices and Betting Odds
In today’s digital betting world starting prices and horse racing betting odds (racing odds) across the various bookies tend to be pretty standardised. Many to tend to now offer now “best-priced match” scheme. This means if you bet on a horse and it wins (or places depending on your bet) and another bookie is offering bigger odds, you would be paid at that more generous price.
You’ll also find bookies that allow you to take an early price, but if the odds are bigger at the start of the race, you will be given the bigger odds.
Most betting sites now offer this as standard, so although something to look out for, it’s less of a problem than when you bet in person at a racecourse or at bookmakers on the high-street. In truth, the best odds guaranteed promise is one of the main reason why betting is online is generally a smarter and better option than other methods.
🏇TIP – We’re now seeing that all the top bookmakers offer best odds guaranteed across horse racing markets this is another great perk to betting online and something that you recommend looking for with an online horse racing betting account. Getting the best odds guaranteed will get you the best return on your bet.
Money Back Offers on Horse Racing
As a special offer some bookies also do money-back offers on certain races and runners, so be sure to keep an eye out for them! Again each bookmaker will communicate this with you directly. Some do betting ‘without the favourite’ or money back if you are beaten by the favourite. Money back offer aren’t a mega factor when considering the best betting site for horse racing but they are fun.
🏇TIP – Not the most significant factor when choosing an online horse race betting site but money-back offers are better than a kick in the teeth a bit of fun and do obviously save you some money (if you get beaten!)
Betting Apps – Great For “On The Move” and Mobile Betting
As well as betting through the websites, most of the top bookmakers have very easy to use betting apps for horse racing, these offer all the perks of the full website versions but often work better in mobile and tablet formats. This means you can see odds, horse info and watch live races more easily when you are on the go. Betting on horses has never been easier.
If you want the option to place a bet from your mobile phone, then be sure you check out our mobile phone betting app reviews as well. Alternatively, you can check to see if the site has HTML-5, this will allow you to visit the site on your browser.
All of our recommended bookmakers on this page can be accessed from your phone and bets placed securely on selected races. Whether you have an iOS or Android device, you will be able to enjoy these sites from your phone or tablet.
🏇TIP – Betting apps are growing and are an important part of being able to bet online. They offer live streaming on the go and a full range of bet types. These are an important factor in selecting a good horse racing betting site so that you can watch all your horse racing on the move.
Enhanced Places For Big Races and Horse Racing Festivals
Particularly during the big racing festivals such as the Cheltenham Festival, Royal Ascot and Aintree, as well as the main races such as the Grand National, many online bookies do some great offers, such as double the odds on certain runners, to get you get the best racing odds. Sometimes these are advertised on TV or you may see them advertised as ‘specials’ on your account. Keep your eye out for them as they are good value for money.
🏇TIP – Enhanced places are a good feature offered by many and a way of ensuring you get the best odds on the big races.
Live Streaming and Watching Horse Racing Live
We personally think live streaming is very important so you can watch your race live.
Obviously the reason we like to bet here at British Racecourses is for the love of seeing the horses race, so if you don’t have Racing TV or the race is not on ITV, you could miss that all-important final race or your hot tip of the day – which could be very frustrating! Whether it is Royal Ascot or midweek national hunt racing you don’t need to miss it anymore.
Nearly all the bookies now offer live streaming – when you typically place a bet of 50p. The coverage normally starts about a minute before the race, so make you are ready and waiting so you don’t miss out!
🏇TIP – A superb way to racing live and other sports, streaming was once a rarity but now it’s offered by most leading sports betting apps. We considered an essential part of being able to enjoy a horse racing betting site.
Wide Markets & Popular Betting Events
There’s an array of markets available which you can bet on, with a wide range of different types of bets as well. When selecting any of the bookies in our guide you’ll also get the chance to enjoy a range of full events. Whilst we all look out for all of the main events such as Cheltenham and Ascot it’s fair to say that people who enjoy betting on horse racing often enjoy a wider range of sports options as well, such as football, tennis, golf and even reality TV. Although the bookmakers we have chosen are excellent in their coverage of horseracing (both flat and national hunt), they are also brilliant at other sports.
🏇TIP – In our choices, we haven’t just selected a good horse racing betting site but something that is great for a full range of sports and betting options.
Horse Race Form Guides and Horse Racing Tips
All of the sites we have selected are brilliant at listing all the runners and riders, trainers, form, colours ete – basically all the information you would need to make an informed decision. If perhaps goes without saying but these things are important and can’t be overlooked!
🏇 TIP – all the selected merchants offer outstanding insights into runners and rider, trainer and horse form, colours, tips, naps and more.
Easy Deposits and Withdrawals
Again this may seem like an obvious need but here at British Racecourses, we like simple and easy ways to both deposit money and also get your winnings back. All the selected options featured above and below are super-easy; you can store a card on your account so that you don’t have to keep entering details.
🏇TIP – We like ease of use here! So all the selected options all have a very easy deposit and most importantly withdrawal methods – so you can get your hands on your winnings!
Betting Limits – Be In Control At All Times
Betting should all be fun and within your personal and sensible limits.
Many responsible horse race punters decide to set betting and daily limits on their accounts, in that way it’s easy to control how much you want to bet on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This means you can budget accordingly and not get any unpleasant surprises. This is something that we recommend as new customers setting up accounts.
🏇TIP – always be in control of your betting, so we recommend setting personal limits and controls from the moment you open an account. Always remember to bet responsibly and have fun!
Customer Services – On Phone or Online Support
Again seems a small thing, but betting online means you’ll also get round the clock support on your account. This is unlike a bookmaker on the high street shop or one at a racecourse. In many cases this increased level of customer service as available 24 hours a day with helpers online who can answer any questions that you may have around the clock.
The majority of online bookmakers we have chosen including Paddy Power and William Hill are superb as they have both customer service phone numbers, as well as online help and messaging systems as well. This means you can get help where and when you need assistance.
🏇TIP – Customer service and round the clock support is invaluable, particularly if something has gone wrong with your online account and you need quick answers. All of the horse racing betting sites we review have got great online reviews and high levels of proven customer service.
Virtual Horse Racing Options
As well as betting on real-life horse racing there is also virtual racing options which some people love – we all remember the Virtual Grand National of 2020 and how much fun that was. Whilst this is not a deciding factor for many some people like it as a bit of fun. Some of the websites we have selected have virtual racing options if that is of interest.
🏇Not a big factor for many but an extra bit of fun and enjoyment, some of the sites that we list have virtual horse racing options for those who are interested.
Betting on Other Sports
Obviously, when opening an online account you aren’t restricted to just betting on a horse to win, there will be lots of other sports betting opportunities. We have selected websites that we feel are best for horse racing bettings and specifically those interested in the “Sport of Kings” but many are brilliant at all sports and offers sports betting across a whole range of countries and niches – not just betting on horse racing but everything from tennis to football, golf to casino bonus games, water-polo to athletics and even reality TV!
🏇Although betting on horses is our number one passion the sites we have shown are not just great in that area. We have selected a number of sites that are brilliant across a full range of sports, so if you like a cross-section of betting opportunities you will find one that suits you.
Are the Betting Sites Secure For My Money?
We only pick out horse racing sites that are safe and secure. It’s pivotal that you check a betting site as you’ll want to make sure that the site has safe payment methods, a recognised license and lots of responsible gambling help and guides. The horse racing bets we have chosen fit these criteria but for peace of mind as new players, you can check yourself, as well as any relevant terms and conditions which pertain to any horse racing betting sites.
Here are a few tips for checking if a site is secure:
- SSL- All sites of this nature should be secured with an SSL certificate, with the address starting with https rather than http. This means it is encrypted against potential hackers.
- License- A legitimate site will require a license. This needs to be a Malta Gaming Authority, Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner or UK Gambling Commission license.
- External Audits- Some horse racing betting sites go the extra mile and volunteer to allow external audits randomly audit the site, this includes companies such as eCogra.
🏇In a world of cyber attacks and heighten online security, especially when financial transactions are involved you’ll want to make sure that your money is in safe hands. Our teams have done their due diligence but it’s always recommended for peace of mind that you do this yourself as well.
Country of Use and Horse Race Betting Abroad Options
All the horse racing betting sites chosen have excellent coverage of UK and Ireland horse racing as well as global markets – this means you can bet on horse racing in the UK and Ireland and also horse racing in France, Dubai, the US and Australia and more. With some many world-class horse races across the globe such as the Dubai World Cup, Melbourne Cup, The Pegasus World Cup, Kentucky Derby and The Arc it would be a real shame to miss out. So fear not the horse racing betting chosen all have those options.
🏇Horse racing is a truly global sport so the racing betting sites that we have chosen cover racing across the globe.
License – Are The Betting Sites Legal?
Should you be checking for a license? Again this is something that we have done in our guide, of course, are. We check for bookies that have been registered with the likes of:
- UK Gambling Commission
- Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner
- Malta Gaming Authority
🏇We have done the homework in our best horse racing sites guide, all the horse racing betting sites are of course legal – so as new players, you know you and your money is in safe in hands.
Why Bet on Horses Online, Rather Than In a Betting Shop?
There are lots of reasons to bet on horses online, including all the factors discussed above in our official Best Horse Racing Betting Sites guide. On top of those, we also find that placing bets from your mobile phone or computer is more convenient, fast and simple.
On top of that, it’s easier to shop around for the best odds. As many of the bookmakers try to land your custom, we are finding some of the most generous sign-up deals are available online. Whereas bookmaker stores do not have the privilege of being able to offer welcome offers and they don’t always offer the best odds guaranteed. It is also safe and easy to withdraw any winnings that you make, withdraw from the comfort of your home and straight into your bank or e-wallet.
🏇Betting online means you’ll get the best odds, loads of offers and deals, horse information, a chance to stream live, simple and quick betting (no queues) and you can do it from the comfort of your own home or on the move.
Things to Consider Before Betting on Horses
There are plenty of things to consider before betting on horses and making the decision of where to put your money. The most important things you’ll want to check are:
The current form of the horse
- Trainer Form
- Ground conditions
- The horse’s potential
- Record at the track
- Strength of the opposition
- Draw basis
When you have weighed up those factors and finally picked a horse that you think will win the odds and what type of bet suits you best.
🏇Betting should always be fun but to give your chance the most realistic and best chance of winning check out the horse form, trainer form, ground conditions and the opposition before placing a bet.
Horse Racing Bet Types Available Online
There are lots of bet types online that you can enjoy on the horses. There really is something for everything from basic single bets to more complex, Lucky 15s, forecasts and even one called a Goliath – there is a huge range. We run through some of the most popular bet types and types of bets below:
These are probably the most popular type of horse race bet made in the UK and Ireland -they are very simple! Basically, you select the horse that you think is going to win the race (finish in the first position). It is a straight forward bet, valid on one race only. If your selected horse wins, you win! If it loses, you lose. Very simple – pick a horse to win!
Each Way Bets – Hedging Your Bets with an Each Way Bet!
Each way bets are very popular as well, especially in races that have big fields and where finding the winner can be very tricky. This type of bet is therefore very popular in races such as the Grand National or big competitive sprints such as the Ayr Gold Cup. An each way bet is basically a two-part bet, where half of the money is placed on the horse winning, the other half on the horse running into a place. The size of the field (number of horses running in the race) determines the number of “places” that get paid out on these types of bets:
- Races of less than 5 runners means just the 1st place horse wins the bet.
- Horse races which have between 5 and 7 runners – these payout for 1st and 2nd placed horse.
- Races with more than 8 horses – this means that the 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions payout.
- Handicap races where there are more than 15 runners – the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th places win.
🏇TIP – Sometimes in races with lots of runners, some online bookmakers will payout for more places than those above and an enhanced starting price. So keep a look out for those and get paid out if your horse finishes places
A double is a multiple horse race bet, where one stake is bet across two races. In order to win, both horses must either win (or be placed if you have placed an each-way double).
A Treble Bet
A single bet is one which spans three races. In order to win all three horses must win or be placed (if it’s an each-way treble bet).
A Placepot Bet
The Placepot is a good old favourite with the teams here and also with racegoers all over the UK and Ireland. You basically select a horse in the first 6 races at a specific racecourse. Each of those horses has to be placed. If so, you win a share of the total prize pool.
What is a Jackpot Bet?
A Jackpot is hard to win. You have to basically pick the first 6 winners at a specific racecourse on a single day. One loser and that is it – the bet is over. These bets are lots of fun but as you can imagine difficult to win.
A Forecast Horse Racing Bet
A forecast is predicting the precise finishing order of a horse race – first and second. This is often good if there is a “hot favourite” who you think is definitely going to win. You then just need to find the runner up which can be more tricky.
What is a Reverse Forecast Bet?
A good and top horse bet for the undecided – you basically have to pick the first two horses – but in no set order. So if you can’t make your mind up, this one is probably good for you. You can choose your bet stake of course as with any better.
Lucky 15 – A Great Fun Bet
A popular bet type of horse race, especially for when races are shown on TV, it consists of four horses and fifteen bets (see where the name comes from?). These bets are; 4 x single bets, 6 x double, 4 x treble bet and lastly 1 x fourfold bet.
A bet consisting of five horses and an impressive 31 bets, These being 5 x single bets, 10 x doubles, 10 x trebles, 5 x fourfold and finally 1 x fivefold. The great thing is only one selection must win to get you a return on your money. Again a good fun when having an afternoon in watching the racing on TV. We think this is one of top horse racing bets.
A bet which needs a selection of six horses, which create – you guessed it massive – 63 bets in a variety of combos! These specifically being, 6 singles, 15 doubles, 20 trebles, 15 fourfold, 6 fivefold and the final one – a sixfold accumulator
A choice of 7 horse races which generate – 120 separate bets – these are; 21 x doubles, 35 x trebles, 35 x fourfold, 21 x fivefold, 7 x six-folds, 1 x sevenfold accumulator. A minimum two selections must win to gain a return. If you manage to get all these placed you are in for good money.
Finally the daddy of all bets – the Goliath horse race bet. A wager on eight horses making upa whooping – 247 separate bets! These are 8 singles, 28 doubles, 56 trebles, 70 fourfold, 56 fivefold, 28 six-folds, 8 seven-folds and a massive 1 x eightfold accumulator. A minimum two selections must win to gain a return.
🏇There are lots of horse racing types of bets to choose from so find one which works for you. Sometimes this may be a simple single bet but if you have an afternoon on racing on TV to look forward multiple bets, such as a Lucky 15 or Lucky 31 are great, so that you have a bet which spans the afternoon.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Betting Sites
- “I am a top horse racing fan (flat racing) and currently have a Paddy Power account that I am happy with. They generally do good odds and occasionally I get free bets credited to my account which is always brilliant. However, I often see lots of other bookies are doing great offers for new customers and new players (William Hill have got a good one at the moment) and in your reviews, I have seen that lots of other betting sites also offer best odds guaranteed, free bets with a qualifying bet, money back etc on UK and Irish racing (and indeed around the world). Would you advise on having more than one betting account and if so which do you think is best for horse racing and new customers?” Firstly we think with all gambling you need to be responsible and stay within your personal limits, as long as you are doing that it is often a good idea to have a couple of accounts just to make sure that you are getting free bets and the best odds guaranteed for your money. Before signing up to any of the best horse racing betting sites listed be sure to check if any conditions apply and if they need a qualifying bet for a free bet. Most of the horse racing sites we have selected in our best horse racing betting sites guide have some fab offers for all your sports betting needs, so have a look at the one most suitable for you.
- “I am not a big better, I tend to bet every year at the main horse racing events such as the Grand National, Cheltenham Festival (Cheltenham Gold Cup), Royal Ascot and Glorious Goodwood. I have always used the betting service at the racecourses or sometimes my local high-street bookie. My friends all now bet online and with apps which I think is better. Do you think this is worth opening a horse racing betting account if I only use the account a few times a year?” Yes, most definitely. The apps and online make betting on horse racing easy and simple for new players. It’s like anything online, it’s all at the touch of a button. Ease of use aside, there are also fantastic offers and benefits (such as a free bet) that you just don’t get when betting in person. With most of the selected betting sites in our guide you get loads of extras too, many of them offer the best odds guaranteed, free bet and offers for new customers (sometimes a qualifying bet may apply), you can watch the race live on your phone and more. Apps have made betting on horse racing easier and simpler than ever, so whether you bet every day on horse racing or once a year on the Grand National, it is the sensible option. Most also have a payment method to suit all punters and great offers for new players on UK and Irish racing, as live streams of the action.
- “I am looking to use my free bet on one of the new sites on a sports bet (football) rather than a horse to win a race, is that possible. I am a new player?” Yes, it should be but double check if any restrictions apply to new players or if a qualifying bet or qualifying deposit is needed for your free bet. All of the selected have horse racing markets as well as broader sports betting odds as standard. Withdrawal restrictions and conditions apply to betting offers and free bets placed in general on all the best betting sites.
- “Thanks for your best horse racing betting guide, it’s great to see someone go in detail about the different types of horse racing betting sites around and the offers for new players. It’s also great how you explain what to look out for, for example, best odds guaranteed, a range of betting markets, starting prices, live horse racing (streaming), betting offers, 14 days trials, types of bets, top horse free bet offers, ante post price guides, min deposit requirements, Bet 10 Get 30 deals etc. to help us find the best options on UK and Irish options. I am personally torn between opening an account with either a well-known brand – either Paddy Power, Ladbrokes or William Hill – but am tempted by some of the more unknown ones who all seems like top horse racing sites as well. What do you think?” In our best betting guide, we have tried to pick a cross-section of various sites, it will be no surprise to see those big brands (William Hill, Paddy Power etc), in there but the lesser-known ones we have picked all are great – offering great deals for new players, casino bonus options, safe and secure sites for risk-free betting, no withdrawal restrictions, live steaming on national hunt racing and the flat. The truth is all the sites in our horse racing sites guide come highly recommended and offer good starting price so you’re covered – so the choice is all yours.
Summary – Best Horse Racing Betting Sites
Thanks for reading our best horse racing betting sites guide, we hope you have found it useful and informative so that you can make a balanced and informed decision before signing up for an online betting account. In a nutshell, there are lots of great offers out there for new customers with most offering a welcome bonus, great racing odds (with best odds guaranteed), a range of sports betting markets, live streaming, form guides and ongoing bet credits. There is something for everyone, whether you are a yearly punter at Royal Ascot for looking for a flutter every day.
Please remember that betting on horses should always be fun so gamble responsibly, enjoy and good luck from all the team here at British Racecourses.
Other Horse Racing Betting Brands
As well as the top betting sites listed above, here is a full list of other horse racing betting brands available in the UK and Ireland that are definitely worth checking out:
- 22Bet Horse Racing
- 32Red Horse Racing Review
- 888 Horse Racing Review
- Best Horse Racing Betting Sites
- Bet 365 Horse Racing Review
- Betfair Horse Racing Review
- Betfred Horse Racing Review
- BetVictor Horse Racing Review
- Betway Horse Racing Review
- BoyleSports Horse Racing Review
- Compare Betting Sites
- Coral Horse Racing Review
- Fansbet Horse Racing Review
- GiveMeBet Horse Racing
- Horse Racing Betting Apps on Mobile
- Horse Racing Free Bets
- Ladbrokes Horse Racing
- MansionBet Horse Racing Review
- Mr Green Horse Racing Review
- New Betting Sites
- Paddy Power Horse Racing Review
- Racebets Review
- Spreadex Horse Racing
- Unibet Horse Racing Review
- William Hill Horse Racing Review