We all love a flutter on the horses from time to time, whether you are watching at home, at the racecourse or out and about. It will also be no surprise that the safest and most popular method of betting on the horses these days is through trusted, established and reliable online horse racing betting websites and their associated mobile betting apps.
These betting sites all offer ease of deposit, great odds, secret bonuses, enhanced places on each-way bets, new customer offers, the live streaming of races and many more exciting extra benefits. This makes them the most logical, cost-effective and fun way to bet safely and securely.
However, in today’s modern world there is more choice than ever before when you want to have a bet; whether that is a weekly occurrence or a once a year treat on a big race such as the Grand National. So when looking for the best horse racing sites, where do you start? So many of them can seem enticing and all have good offers. Well, fear not, the experienced teams here at British Racecourses have been doing the research, analysing the leading racing betting websites around so that you can make an informed decision before signing up.
Our top teams have been looking at leading online bookmakers, some you would have heard of (such as Ladbrokes, William Hill, bet365 and Paddy Power), as well as some new and exciting ones on the market. So, sit back with a cuppa, or something stronger, and check out our current best horse racing betting sites and the factors which we took into consideration when selecting these.
- 1 Best Horse Racing Betting Sites in July 2021 – The Results
- 2 How to Choose the Best Horse Betting Sites – What We Looked For
- 3 Welcome Offers or a Welcome Bonus
- 4 Ongoing Deals Once You’ve Signed Up
- 5 Free Bets and Bet Credits – Added Extras!
- 6 Best Odds Guaranteed & Betting Odds Match
- 7 Money-Back Offers
- 8 Betting Apps – Great For “On The Move” and Mobile Betting
- 9 Enhanced Places For Big Races, Extra Places at The Major Horse Racing Festivals
- 10 Live Streaming and Watching Horse Racing Live
- 11 Wide Markets & Popular Betting Events
- 12 Horse Race Form Guides and Horse Racing Tips
- 13 Easy Deposits and Winning Withdrawals
- 14 Betting Limits – Be In Control At All Times
- 15 Customer Services – On Phone or Online Support
- 16 Virtual Horse Racing Options
- 17 Betting on Other Sports
- 18 Are the Betting Sites Secure For My Money?
- 19 Country of Use and Horse Race Betting Abroad Options
- 20 License – Are The Betting Sites Legal?
- 21 Why Bet on Horses Online Rather Than In a Betting Shop?
- 22 Things to Consider Before Betting on The Horses
- 23 Horse Racing Bet Types Available Online
- 23.1 Win Bets
- 23.2 Each Way Bets – Hedging Your Bets with an Each Way Bet!
- 23.3 A Double
- 23.4 A Treble Bet
- 23.5 A Placepot Bet
- 23.6 What is a Jackpot Bet?
- 23.7 A Forecast Horse Racing Bet
- 23.8 What is a Reverse Forecast Bet?
- 23.9 Lucky 15 – A Great Fun Bet
- 23.10 Lucky 31
- 23.11 Lucky 63
- 23.12 Super Heinz
- 23.13 Goliath
- 24 Popular Questions
- 24.1 🏇 Who has best odds guaranteed on horse racing?
- 24.2 🏇 📺Which betting sites show horse racing live?
- 24.3 🏇 What is the best horse racing betting site?
- 24.4 🏇 How do I bet on horses UK?
- 24.5 🏇 Can you bet on all the horses in a race?
- 24.6 🏇 What is the Best Betting App for Horse Racing?
- 24.7 🏇 What is the best horse racing bet?
- 24.8 🏇 How do I choose a horse to bet on?
- 25 Frequently Asked Questions About UK Horse Racing Betting Sites and Online Bookies In General
- 26 Summary – Best Horse Racing Betting Sites
- 27 Other Horse Racing Betting Brands
Best Horse Racing Betting Sites in July 2021 – The Results
From our extensive research, the below – all having great bonuses, bet credits, a range of sports betting markets, money back offers and more – are what we consider the best horse racing betting sites available on the market today:
#ad. New Customers Only. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F – A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market – Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
New UK & NI customers only. 18+. Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet at a minimum of £10 in one bet transaction at evens (2.0) +. £30 paid in free bets within 48 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. Doesn’t apply to customers who place their first bet on the Virtual Grand National. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. Your first bet must be settled within 60 days of bet placement. SMS validation may be required. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. PayPal and certain deposit and bet types excluded. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
New players only. Qualifying bet(s) must have minimum odds of 3/1 and must be settled before triggering free bet. Free Bet must be used on an accumulator with 3 or more selections. 18+. begambleaware.org.Full T&C's Apply
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 25x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in.Full T&C's Apply
18+ New Customers only. Deposit, opt in and place a £10 qualifying bet on Horse Racing at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 3x £10 Horse Racing Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater. Plus, a £10 Game Show Bonus, selected games, wager 40x to withdraw a max of £250. Bonuses expire in 7 days.Full T&C's Apply
As mentioned, there are lots of factors to consider when choosing a preferred online bookmaker. Much of it boils down to personal preference, however, there are definitely certain criteria you should consider to be confident that you have chosen the best horse betting site and the one that is the right one for you.
As you are probably aware deals change all time, with new ones coming onto the market every week to attract new customers, so our teams review each betting site and update them on a weekly basis, this means that you get the best possible deals and up to date information.
How to Choose the Best Horse Betting Sites – What We Looked For
There’s fierce competition between various bookies when it comes to racing and online betting. The market is competitive and sometimes you can’t see the wood for the trees when trying to choose the best racing betting site for you.
Britain is the home of the best racing events in the world – with events like Royal Ascot, the Cheltenham Festival, Grand National and Glorious Goodwood – all broadcast to millions across the world. There’s a lot of quality bookmakers too specialising in racing in the UK & Ireland and also across the globe. You are almost split for choice.
In our comprehensive guide, we run through and identify the most important factors, which include generous welcome bonus offers for new customers, best odds guarantee, free bets, extra places, enhanced odds and the best deals currently available in July 2021.
We believe all of these should be taken into consideration when looking at which horse racing betting account you’d like to opt for.
When choosing our selection of best online betting sites above, we weighed up all these factors to compare betting sites, so we have done the hard work. For more information on those individual sites simply follow the links. Here is what we looked at:
Welcome Offers or a Welcome Bonus
Most sites offer a “welcome offer” or “welcome bonus” for new customers.
These are one-off offers that you get when signing up, they are often generous and you will find that lots of bookies match the amount of money that you put in on your initial deposit – basically doubling your money – and sometimes even more!
The most common type of welcome offer promotion in the betting market is either a free bet or a money-back offer with a qualifying bet.
We think offers are great incentives for new players and they need to be taken very seriously. At British Racecourses we, therefore, keep our eyes peeled for the latest and best welcome offers.
However, don’t allow this initial offer make you short-sighted of other benefits – take a look at the other factors we have taken on board when selecting our list of the leading racing betting websites below.
🏇TIP – Grab yourself a generous welcome offer when you sign up to a betting website to make your initial deposit go further. It’s almost like a risk free bet.
Ongoing Deals Once You’ve Signed Up
These are deals and promos that you get once you have signed up and are therefore an existing customer.
More often than not, the individual bookie will drop you a message to let you know about a deal that you are eligible for. These could be in the form of money back offers, reduced risk bets, free bets and boosted odds.
They are also not necessarily restricted to just UK horse racing, so you can often use them on other betting options, such as football, rugby, tennis, a casino bonus, X-Factor results – or anything else which takes your fancy!
The way to find out about them can be tricky at first, as you have to roam around the promotions page of the betting site, however, don’t worry! We have done this hard work for you, so all the betting websites that we have recommended here have good ongoing deals and offers, so you won’t be left high and dry when signing up.
Our team of experts here at British Racecourses are obviously big fans of betting websites that provide longevity for customers in terms of deals, special offers and bonuses, as many users like a weekly or even daily punt.
🏇TIP – When looking for a betting website, look beyond the initial offers and check out if they often on-going specials for existing customers. You can rest assured that the ones we have selected in our guide all do!
Free Bets and Bet Credits – Added Extras!
Well, these are what they say on the tin – a free bet!
Basically every so often – in some cases once a month depending on the merchant – you may be given a free bet or free bets and a certain amount of cash will be credited to your account.
Sometimes this free bet may be restricted to a certain horse racing bet type or event (so check terms and conditions of the individual offer) – but what is there not to love!
We love it here at British Racecourses, especially if your free bet wins!
🏇TIP – Similar to ongoing special offers, a free bet is a nice extra to have on your horse racing betting account. All of the recommended accounts we mention throw in a free bet from time to time to keep existing customers happy and feeling valued.
Best Odds Guaranteed & Betting Odds Match
However, many tend to now offer now “best-priced match” scheme. This means if you bet on a horse and it wins (or places depending on your bet) and another bookie is offering bigger odds, you would be paid at that more generous price. Essentially the prices you take won’t be fixed odds.
You’ll also find that all of the bookies on our list have a best odds guarantee. This ultimately lets punters take an early price, but if the racing odds are bigger at the start of the race, it is the bigger odds that will be paid out at. This is a perk of online betting is one that you won’t get when betting in person at a betting shop when you normally would have fixed odds at the moment you bet.
In truth, the best odds promise is one of the main reason why betting on horses online is generally a smarter and better option than other methods.
🏇TIP – We’re now seeing that all the top bookmakers offer a best odds guarantee across horse racing markets this is another great perk to betting online and something that you recommend looking for with an online horse racing betting account. Getting the best odds guaranteed will get you the best return on your bet.
As a special offer some bookies also do money-back offers on certain races and runners, so be sure to keep an eye out for them! Again each bookmaker will communicate this with you directly.
Some do betting ‘without the favourite’ or cash back if you are beaten by the favourite.
Others do money back if you finish second (for example Paddy Power money-back second) or on national hunt racing, money back if your horse falls, unseats or is brought down (such as the Coral Faller Insurance).
Money-back offers aren’t a mega factor when considering the best site for racing but they are fun and are a good gesture to ease a defeat!
🏇TIP – Not the most significant factor when choosing an online horse race betting site but money-back offers are better than a kick in the teeth a bit of fun and do obviously save you some money (if you get beaten!)
Betting Apps – Great For “On The Move” and Mobile Betting
As well as betting through the websites, most of the top bookmakers have very easy to use betting apps for horse racing, these offer all the perks of the full website versions but often work better in mobile and tablet formats.
If you want the option to place a bet from your mobile phone, then be sure you check out our mobile phone betting app reviews as well. Alternatively, you can check to see if the site has HTML-5, this will allow you to visit the site on your browser.
All of our recommended bookmakers on this page can be accessed from your phone and bets placed securely on selected races. Whether you have an iOS or Android device, you will be able to enjoy these sites from your phone or tablet.
We often get asked “what is the best betting app for horse racing?”, to be honest, all of the bookies we mention are leading bookmakers and will have a superb horse racing app as part of what they offer.
🏇TIP – Betting apps are growing and are an important part of being able to bet online. A horse racing betting app will offer live streaming on the go and a full range of bets. These are an important factor in selecting a good horse racing betting site so that you can watch all your racing on the move.
Enhanced Places For Big Races, Extra Places at The Major Horse Racing Festivals
Particularly during the big racing festivals such as the Cheltenham Festival, Royal Ascot and Aintree, as well as the main races such as the Grand National (the biggest race in the world), many online horse racing bookies do some great offers and enhanced odds when you bet on horse racing (for example William Hill Cheltenham offers), such as double the odds on certain runners, to get you the best racing odds.
Sometimes these are advertised on TV or you may see them advertised as ‘specials’ on your account. Keep your eye out for them as they are good value for money for UK punters.
As well as that some bookies will also offer extra places, even on a daily basis on some races. Some rather than paying out the standard 2,3 or 4 places, they will pay up to 7 places (obviously this will affect the odds) but is great for competitive handicap races and in big fields such as the Ayr Gold Cup, Northumberland Plate and the Ladbrokes Trophy.
🏇TIP – Enhanced places are a good feature offered by many and a way of ensuring you get the best odds on the big races.
Live Streaming and Watching Horse Racing Live
We personally think live streaming is very important so you can watch your race live. The best rated online horse racing betting sites all will have live streams as standard.
Obviously, the reason we like to bet here at British Racecourses is for the love of seeing the horses race, so if you don’t have Racing TV or the race is not on ITV, you could miss that all-important final race or your hot tip of the day – which could be very frustrating!
Whether it is Royal Ascot or midweek jump racing you don’t need to miss it anymore with live streams.
The coverage normally starts about a minute before the race, so make you are ready and waiting so you don’t miss out!
🏇TIP – A superb way to racing live and other sports, streaming was once a rarity but now it’s offered by most leading sports betting apps. We considered an essential part of being able to enjoy a horse racing betting site.
Wide Markets & Popular Betting Events
You’ll find that the best bookies for horse racing also have an array of markets available which you can bet on – not just racing in the UK – with a wide range of different types of bets as well.
When selecting any of the bookies in our guide you’ll also get the chance to enjoy a range of full events. Whilst we all look out for all of the main racing events it’s fair to say that people who enjoy betting on racing often enjoy a wider range of sports options as well, such as football, tennis, golf and even reality TV.
Although the bookmakers we have chosen are excellent in their coverage of horseracing (both flat and jumps), they are also brilliant at other sports.
🏇TIP – In our choices, we haven’t just selected a good horse racing betting site but something that is great for a full range of sports.
Horse Race Form Guides and Horse Racing Tips
All of the sites we have selected are brilliant at listing all the runners and riders with their horse racing racecards, trainers, form, colours, up to date news on any non-runner horses etc – basically all the information you would need to make an informed decision on both national hunt and flat racing, also known as the Sport of Kings.
If perhaps goes without saying but these things are important and can’t be overlooked!
Also, check out our guide on how to pick a winning horse.
🏇 TIP – all the selected merchants offer outstanding insights into runners and rider, trainer and horse form, colours, tips, naps and more at meetings from a weekday at Chester to The Grand National and Royal Ascot!
Easy Deposits and Winning Withdrawals
Again this may seem like an obvious need but here at British Racecourses, we like simple and easy ways to both deposit money and also get your winnings back.
All horse racing bookmakers online in July 2021 make payments for betting simple, with a range of options which can include betting via phone bill and other methods including Apple betting, Boku betting, Paypal betting, debit card and more.
Most bookmakers offer super-easy options; you can store a card on your account so that you don’t have to keep entering your banking details.
🏇TIP – We like ease of use here! So all the selected options all have a very easy deposit and most importantly withdrawal methods – so you can get your hands on your winnings!
Betting Limits – Be In Control At All Times
Betting should all be fun and within your personal and sensible limits whenever you use a racing site.
Betting on racing is an enjoyable experience for most and it should always be that way.
Many responsible horse race punters decide to set in-play betting and daily limits on their accounts, in that way it’s easy to control how much you want to bet on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This means you can budget accordingly and not get any unpleasant surprises. This is something that we recommend as new customers setting up an account.
🏇TIP – always be in control of your horse racing online betting, so we recommend setting personal limits and controls from the moment you open an account. Always remember to bet responsibly and have fun!
Customer Services – On Phone or Online Support
Again seems a small thing, but betting online means you’ll also get round the clock support on your account, this is a great perk of online bookmakers horse racing specialists. This is unlike a bookmaker on the high street shop or one at a racecourse.
In many cases, this increased level of customer service is available 24 hours a day with helpers online who can answer any questions that you may have around the clock.
The majority of online bookmakers we have chosen including Paddy Power, Betfred, Ladbrokes, MansionBet and William Hill are superb as they have both customer service phone numbers, as well as online help and messaging systems as well. This means you can get help where and when you need assistance.
🏇TIP – Customer service and round the clock support is invaluable, particularly if something has gone wrong with your online account and you need quick answers. All of the horse racing betting sites we review have got great online reviews and high levels of proven customer service.
Virtual Horse Racing Options
As well as betting on your UK horse to win in real-life horse racing there is also virtual racing options that some people love – we all remember the Virtual Grand National of 2020 and how much fun that was.
Whilst this is not a deciding factor for many some people like it as a bit of fun. Some of the websites we have selected have virtual racing options if that is of interest.
🏇Not a big factor for many but an extra bit of fun and enjoyment, some of the sites that we list have virtual horse racing options for those who are interested. If your horse race betting extends to games then you will want this option as well.
Betting on Other Sports
Obviously, when opening an online account you aren’t restricted to just betting on the horses, there will be lots of other sports bet opportunities (no bookie is solely a horse racing bookmaker).
We have selected websites that we feel are best for horse racing bettings and specifically, those interested in the racing but many are brilliant at all sports and offers betting across a whole range of countries and niches – not just in-play betting on horse racing but everything from tennis to football, greyhound racing to rugby, golf to casino bonus games, water-polo to athletics and even reality TV!
🏇Although betting on the horses is our number one passion, the sites we have shown are not just great in that area. We have selected a number of sites that are brilliant across a full range of sports with varied betting options, so if you like a cross-section of betting opportunities you will find one that suits you.
Are the Betting Sites Secure For My Money?
We only picked horse racing betting sites (UK based) that are safe and secure.
It’s pivotal that you check a horse racing betting site as you’ll want to make sure that the site has safe payment methods, a recognised license and lots of responsible gambling help and guides. The websites we have chosen fit these criteria but for peace of mind as new players, you can check for yourself, as well as any relevant terms and conditions which pertain to them.
Here are a few tips for checking if a site is secure:
- SSL – all sites of this nature should be secured with an SSL certificate, with the address starting with https rather than http. This means it is encrypted against potential hackers.
- License – a legitimate site will require a license. This needs to be a Malta Gaming Authority, Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner or UK Gambling Commission license.
- External Audits – some horse racing betting sites go the extra mile and volunteer to allow external audits to randomly audit the site, this includes companies such as eCogra.
🏇In a world of cyber attacks and heighten online security, especially when financial transactions are involved you’ll want to make sure that your money is in safe hands. Our teams have done their due diligence but it’s always recommended for peace of mind that you do this yourself as well.
Country of Use and Horse Race Betting Abroad Options
All the horse racing betting sites chosen have excellent coverage of UK and Irish horse racing as well as global markets. This means you can bet on horse racing in the UK and Ireland and also horse racing in France, Dubai, the US and Australia and more.
With many world-class horse races across the globe such as the Dubai World Cup, Melbourne Cup, The Pegasus World Cup, Kentucky Derby, Durban July Handicap, and The Arc it would be a real shame to miss out. So fear not the horse racing betting sites chosen all have those options.
🏇Horse racing is a truly global sport so the racing betting sites in July 2021 that we have chosen cover racing across the globe. You’ll find horse races going on somewhere, someday most days of the year in the world of horse racing!
License – Are The Betting Sites Legal?
Should you be checking for a license from your horse racing betting site? Well ideally yes but again this is something that we have done in our guide, and of course, they all are safe and legal.
We check and only recommend bookies that have been registered with the likes of:
- UK Gambling Commission
- Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner
- Malta Gaming Authority
All booking sites need to be registered in this way, racing in the UK and gambling is regulated for peace of mind at all times.
🏇We have done the homework in our best horse racing betting site guide, all the horse racing betting sites are of course legal – so as new players, you know you and your money is in safe in hands.
Why Bet on Horses Online Rather Than In a Betting Shop?
There are lots of reasons to bet on horses online with an online bookie, including all the factors discussed above in our official Horse Racing Betting Sites guide.
On top of that, we also find that placing bets from your mobile phone or computer is more convenient, fast and simple.
On top of that, it’s easier to shop around for the best odds.
As many of the bookmakers try to land your custom, we are finding some of the most generous sign-up deals are available online. Whereas bookmaker stores do not have the privilege of being able to offer welcome bonuses and they don’t always offer the best odds guaranteed. It is also safe and easy to withdraw any winnings that you make, withdraw from the comfort of your home and straight into your bank or e-wallet.
🏇Betting online means you’ll get the best odds, loads of offers and deals, horse information, a chance to stream live, simple and quick betting (no queues) and you can do it from the comfort of your own home or on the move.
Things to Consider Before Betting on The Horses
There are plenty of things to consider before betting on horses and making the decision of where to put your money. The most important things you’ll want to check are when betting on racing in the UK are:
- The current form of the horse
- Trainer Form
- Ground conditions
- The horse’s potential
- A record at the track
- Strength of the opposition
- Draw basis
- Horse racing odds offered
When you have weighed up those factors and finally picked a horse that you think will win the odds and what type of bet suits you best.
Many experienced punters develop a horse racing betting strategy.
🏇Betting should always be fun but to give your chance the most realistic and best chance of winning check out the horse form, trainer form, ground conditions and the opposition before placing a bet.
Horse Racing Bet Types Available Online
There are lots of bet types online that you can enjoy on the horses with UK and Irish racing.
There really is something for everything from basic single bets to more complex, Lucky 15s, a trixie bet, forecasts and even one called a Goliath – there is a huge range from simple to exotic bets!
We run through some of the most popular bet types and types of bets below:
These are probably the most popular type of race bet made in the UK and Ireland – they are very simple! Basically, you bet on a horse to win the race outright (finish in the first position). It is a straightforward and simple bet, valid on one race only. If your selected horse wins, you win! If it loses, you lose.
Very simple – pick a horse to win – bet on the race and enjoy!
Each Way Bets – Hedging Your Bets with an Each Way Bet!
Each way bets are very popular as well across racing events, especially in races that have big fields and where finding the winner can be very tricky.
This type of bet is therefore very popular in races such as the National or big competitive sprints such as the Ayr Gold Cup or Haydock Park Sprint Cup.
Each way bet is basically a two-part bet, where half of the money is placed on the horse winning, the other half on the horse running into a place.
The size of the field (number of horses running in the race) determines the number of “places” that get paid out on these types of bets:
- Races of less than 5 runners mean just the 1st place horse wins the bet (so you need to pick a horse to win)
- Races that have between 5 and 7 runners – these payout for 1st and 2nd placed horse.
- Races with more than 8 horses – this means that the 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions payout.
- Handicap races where there are more than 15 runners – the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th places win.
🏇TIP – Sometimes in races with lots of runners, some online bookmakers will payout for more places than those above and an enhanced starting price. So keep a look out for those and get paid out if your horse finishes places
A double is a multiple race bet, where one stake is bet across two races. In order to win, both horses must either win or be placed if you have placed an each-way double.
A Treble Bet
A treble bet is a single bet is one that spans three races. In order to win all three horses must win or be placed (if it’s an each-way treble bet).
A Placepot Bet
The Placepot is a good old favourite with the teams here and also with racegoers all over the UK and Ireland. It is a form of Tote betting. You basically select a horse in the first 6 races at a specific racecourse. Each of those horses has to be placed. If so, you win a share of the total prize pool.
What is a Jackpot Bet?
A Jackpot is hard to win and a form of Tote betting. You have to basically pick the first 6 winners at a specific racecourse on a single day. One loser and that is it – the bet is over. These bets are lots of fun but as you can imagine difficult to win.
A Forecast Horse Racing Bet
A forecast is predicting the precise finishing order of a horse race – first and second. This is often good if there is a “hot favourite” who you think is definitely going to win. A horse racing punter will then just need to find the runner up – which can be more tricky.
What is a Reverse Forecast Bet?
A good and popular bet for the undecided – you basically have to pick the first two horses – but in no set order. So if you can’t make your mind up, this one is probably good for you. You can choose your bet stake of course as with any better.
Lucky 15 – A Great Fun Bet
A Lucky 15 is a popular bet type of horse race, especially for when races are shown on TV, it consists of four horses and fifteen bets (see where the name Lucky 15 comes from?).
These bets are; 4 x single bets, 6 x double, 4 x treble bet and lastly 1 x fourfold bet. If you are lucky enough to win on this don’t forget to use our Lucky 15 calculator we will work out from your racing odds your return.
A Lucky 31 is a bet consisting of five horses and an impressive 31 bets.
These being 5 x single bets, 10 x doubles, 10 x trebles, 5 x fourfold and finally 1 x fivefold.
The great thing is only one selection must win to get you a return on your money.
Again a good fun when having an afternoon watching the racing on TV. We think this is one of most fun horse racing bets and a favourite with racing punters.
A Lucky 63 bet which needs a selection of six horses, which create – you guessed it massive – 63 bets in a variety of combos!
These specifically being, 6 singles, 15 doubles, 20 trebles, 15 fourfold, 6 fivefold and the final one – a sixfold accumulator
A Super Heinz is a choice of 7 horses that generate – 120 separate bets – these are; 21 x doubles, 35 x trebles, 35 x fourfold, 21 x fivefold, 7 x six-folds, 1 x sevenfold accumulator.
A minimum of two selections must win to gain a return.
If you manage to get all placed you are in for good money. A fav with racing punters and a thrilling race betting option.
Finally the daddy of all bets – the Goliath horse race bet. A wager on eight horses making up a whooping – 247 separate bets! These are 8 singles, 28 doubles, 56 trebles, 70 fourfold, 56 fivefold, 28 six-folds, 8 seven-folds and a massive 1 x eightfold accumulator.
A minimum of two selections must win to gain a return.
🏇There are lots of horse racing types of bets to choose from so find one which works for you. Sometimes this may be a simple single bet but if you have an afternoon on racing on TV to look forward multiple bets, such as a Lucky 15 or Lucky 31 are great, so that you have a bet which spans the afternoon.
🏇 Who has best odds guaranteed on horse racing?
The below bookmakers offer best odds guaranteed (BOG):
- Paddy Power best odds guaranteed
- Betfair best odds guaranteed
- bet365 best odds guaranteed
- William Hill best odds guaranteed
- Coral best odds guaranteed
- Ladbrokes best odds guaranteed
- Betfred best odds guaranteed
Lots of online bookies now offer best odds guaranteed and this is pretty standard across most established leading online bookmakers and it basically means you are paid at the best odds rather than the fixed odds when you place your bet.
For more information and a breakdown of the main benefits of these sites, including info on live streaming, bet credits and offers for new customers, check out our full comprehensive and independent guide.
🏇 📺Which betting sites show horse racing live?
The below betting sites have live horse racing streaming:
Most sites now offer live streaming as standard when you place a bet.
Streaming normally starts a minute or so before the race, so tune in on time.
For more information check out dedicated pages on the subject.
🏇 What is the best horse racing betting site?
Following our research the best horse racing betting websites are:
However, when finding the best horse racing betting site much of it boils down to personal preference and in our guide, we look at a variety of factors including the best offers for new customers, free bet options, betting guides, live streaming options, best odds guarantees and more.
🏇 How do I bet on horses UK?
Much of it comes down to personal preference and circumstances but at British Racecourses, we recommend online and app betting.
There are many benefits and offers you can take advantage of including generous welcome offers and free bets – check out our website now for more information and full reviews on the most well-known betting sites.
🏇 Can you bet on all the horses in a race?
Yes, you can bet on all horses in race but we wouldn’t recommend it!
Having a bet on a horse race should be fun and when you study and read the form you should be able to find a horse you like and hopefully a winner! Check out our guide to backing a winner.
🏇 What is the Best Betting App for Horse Racing?
The best betting apps for horse racing are:
All of the leading bookmakers that we highlight in this review have great betting apps connected to them. They are easy to use, you can watch live, deposit and withdraw money, use a free bet and all the other perks you would expect from a standard betting website.
We also enjoy the Paddy Power one.
🏇 What is the best horse racing bet?
🏇 How do I choose a horse to bet on?
The best way to choose a horse to bet on is to always do some homework and read the form. However, some people just enjoy betting for fun (especially if having a day at the races).
We would stay do some research and check out the full racecards – and also follow your gut!
Frequently Asked Questions About UK Horse Racing Betting Sites and Online Bookies In General
Here are some questions we have been asked by people looking to sign up for new betting sites:
- “I am a top horse racing fan (flat racing) and currently have a Paddy Power account that I am happy with. They generally do good odds and horse racing best odds (even best odds guaranteed, enhanced odds, a huge range of horse racing bets and extra places payouts) especially with ante-post betting, and occasionally I get free bets credited to my account which is always brilliant. However, I often see lots of other horse racing betting sites in the UK and bookies are doing great offers for new customers and new players (William Hill and 888 horse racing have got a good one at the moment) and in your reviews, I have seen that lots of other horse racing betting sites in the UK also offer best odds, free bets with a qualifying bet, money back etc on UK and Irish racing (and indeed around the world). Would you advise on having more than one betting account and if so which do you think is best for horse racing and new customers? Jimmy from Wigan.” Firstly we think with all gambling sites and with betting you need to be responsible and stay within your personal limits, as long as you are doing that it is often a good idea to have a couple of bookies accounts just to make sure that you are getting free bets and the best odds for your money. Before signing up to any of the best horse racing betting sites listed above be sure to check if any conditions apply and if they need a qualifying bet for a free bet. Most of the horse racing sites we have selected in our horse racing betting sites guide have some fab offers and a free bet for all your sports betting needs, so have a look at the one most suitable for you. To be honest we recommend all of them.
- “I am not a big better, I tend to bet every year at the main horse racing events such as the Grand National, Cheltenham Festival (Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Champion Hurdle), Royal Ascot and Glorious Goodwood. I have always used the betting service at the racecourses or sometimes my local Ladbrokes betting shop. My friends all now bet online with well-known bookies and with apps which I think is better. Do you think this is worth opening a horse racing betting account if I only use the account a few times a year and what do you think is the best rated horse racing site for someone like me? Jane from Milton Keynes” Yes, most definitely. The apps and online make betting on horse racing easy and simple for new players. It’s like anything online, it’s all at the touch of a button. Ease of use aside, there are also fantastic offers and benefits (such as a free bet with qualifying bets, best odds over fixed-odds – full t&cs apply) that you just don’t get when betting in person. With most of the selected horse racing betting sites in July 2021 in our guide you get loads of extras too, many of them offer the best odds guaranteed, free bet and offers for new customers (sometimes a qualifying bet may apply), a range of bet payment method options including Neteller and Skrill betting, you can watch the race live (including the Cheltenham Gold Cup) on your phone and more. Apps have made betting on horse racing easier and simpler than ever, so whether you bet every day on horse racing or once a year on the National, it is the sensible option. Most horse racing betting sites in the UK online also have a payment method to suit all punters and great offers for new players on UK and Irish racing, as live streams of the action. It comes to personal choice about which is the best betting app for horse racing but we like Bet365, William Hill, Mr Green horse racing and Ladbrokes.
- “I am looking to use my free bet on one of the new sites on a sports bet (football) rather than a horse to win a race, is that possible. I am a new player and the free bet was part of a welcome bonus with an online bookie? Dave from Leeds” Yes, it should be but double-check if any restrictions apply to new players or if a qualifying bet or qualifying deposit is needed for your free bet. All of the selected have horse racing markets as well as broader sports betting odds as standard. Withdrawal restrictions and conditions apply to betting offers and free bets placed in general on all the best horse racing betting sites.
- “Thanks for your best horse racing betting guide, it’s great to see someone go into detail about the different types of horse racing betting sites in the UK and the offers and deals for new players – with so many horse racing bookies to choose from it can be hard. It’s also great how you explain what to look out for, for example, best odds guaranteed, a range of betting markets, betting without the favourite, starting prices, live horse racing (streaming), betting offers with qualifying bets, 14 days trials, live betting, types of bets, top horse free bet offers, ante-post price guides, min deposit requirements, ante-post betting odds, deals etc. to help us find the best options on UK and Ireland options. I am personally torn between opening an account with either a well-known brand – either Paddy Power, Ladbrokes or William Hill – but am tempted by some of the more unknown ones – such as Fansbet, Spreadex betting exchange or 32red racing – who all seems like good horse racing websites as well. What do you think? Matthew from London” In our horse racing bookie guide, we have tried to pick a cross-section of various sites and horse racing bookie options so when you back a horse you get value, it will be no surprise to see those big brands (William Hill, Paddy Power, Spreadex betting exchange, Coral horse racing etc), in there but the lesser-known ones we have picked all are great – offering great deals for new players and existing customers on UK and Irish races, free bet options, ante-post betting, casino bonus options, wide betting markets, deposit bonus, safe and secure sites for risk-free betting, no withdrawal restrictions, live steaming on national hunt racing and the flat across all horse racing events. The truth is all the sites in our horse racing websites guide come highly recommended and offer great places to place a bet with.
Summary – Best Horse Racing Betting Sites
Thanks for reading our best horse racing betting sites guide, we hope you have found it useful and informative so that you can make a balanced and informed decision before signing up for an online betting account. As you can see there are lots of different sites to consider and your decision will depend upon what you are looking for personally as they all offer something slightly different.
You can either follow the links directly or read our in-depth individual bookmaker reviews where we go into detail on each of these great betting websites.
In a nutshell, as you can see there are lots of great offers out there for new customers at the moment, with most offering a good welcome bonus, free bet options, great racing odds (with best odds guaranteed – even if you bet ante-post), a range of sports betting markets, live streaming, form guides, ongoing bet credits and much more.
There is basically something for everyone – so whether you are a yearly punter at Royal Ascot or are looking to place a bet every day – there will be something suitable.
We hope you enjoyed the guide and have found something for your needs and finally good luck!
Please remember that betting and the world of horse racing online should always be fun so please gamble responsibly, enjoy and good luck from all the team here at British Racecourses.
Other Horse Racing Betting Brands
As well as the top betting sites listed above, here is a full list of other horse racing betting brands available in the UK and Ireland that are definitely worth checking out. All of these horse racing gambling websites come highly recommended:
- 32Red Horse Racing
- 888 Horse Racing
- Best Betting Apps
- Best Horse Racing Betting Sites
- bet365 Horse Racing
- BetBull Horse Racing
- BETDAQ Review
- Betdaq Virtual Betting Review
- Betfair Horse Racing
- Betfred Horse Racing
- BetVictor Horse Racing
- BoyleSports Horse Racing
- Compare Betting Sites
- Coral Horse Racing
- GentingBet Free Bet
- Grosvenor Sports Horse Racing
- Horse Racing Free Bets
- Irish Betting Sites
- Ladbrokes Horse Racing
- LeoVegas Horse Racing
- MansionBet Horse Racing
- Matchbook Review
- Mr Green Horse Racing
- New Betting Sites
- Novibet Horse Racing
- Paddy Power Horse Racing
- Quinnbet Horse Racing
- Sky Bet Horse Racing
- Spreadex Horse Racing
- Unibet Horse Racing
- William Hill Horse Racing
Most of the above betting sites include a free bet (to use on all betting markets or any horse racing event) when signing up and other perks such as live betting, live horse racing streaming, wide horse racing market options, betting options on UK and Irish races, betting tip and bettor general advice, and other benefits we cover above, check out the individual pages as full t&cs apply to each one. Happy hunting from a new site and remember betting on horses should always be fun.