The Tote Jackpot is a bet where the punter aims to select the first six winners at a Tote horse racing meeting, as selected specifically by The Tote.
The Tote Jackpot bet type is similar to the Scoop6 bet where you choose sec selections on all televised races on Saturday ITV Racing.
What to find out more about this horse racing bet type?
Try out the welcome bonus on the Tote for new customers. Sign up to the Tote and claim your £25 matched free bet.
New customers online only. £/€10 min stake (if EW then min £/€10 Win + £/€10 Place). Receive £/€30 Tote Credit within 48 hours of qualifying bet settlement. 7 day expiry. Qualifying bet is the first racing pool bet added to the bet-slip. 18+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleaware.org. #AD Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
Find out more about the Tote Jackpot:
- 1 What is Jackpot Bet?
- 2 Overview of a Jackpot Bet
- 3 About Tote Jackpot Winnings
- 4 What Happens If My Horse is a Non-Runner in a Jackpot?
- 5 How Do You Place a Tote Jackpot Bet Online?
- 6 How Do You Place a Jackpot Bet in a Betting Shop Or On Course?
- 7 Interesting Facts about Tote
- 8 Summary of Tote Jackpot
- 9 All Tote Pool Betting Related Posts
What is Jackpot Bet?
A Tote Jackpot is simple to understand and popular bet. Basically, a punter chooses six horses in the first six races at a horse racing meeting. To win on this bet, all the horses must win.
Picking six winners is obviously very tricky so the payout so if you do win is normally very generous.
That said, you can pick more than one horse per race but the more selections you have, the higher the stake will be.
A Jackpot works in a similar way to a Tote Placepot in terms of how winnings are calculated.
Overview of a Jackpot Bet
- A punter must pick the first six winners at a chosen Tote Jackpot meeting
- This is a daily bet
- The Tote Jackpot has a minimum winning prize pool of £10,000 which is divided out between the winners
- A minimum bet stake is 50p
- If you wish you can create more permutations of a bet and have more than one horse in a chosen race
- As you would imagine the more horses you select in each race the more your bet will cost, however, your chance of winning will also increase as you have more bases covered
About Tote Jackpot Winnings
The Tote works out its winnings by pooling the number of bets placed.
Essentially the amount of money placed across the country on this daily bet goes into a prize pool. As in a Placepot, 28% is removed for admin charges and then the remaining 78% (or £10k minimum) is divided out amongst the winners. This naturally means that the size of winnings vary from day to day.
This means the more winners the smaller the payout, so if possible with these bet types it’s always good to try and find a weak favourite or more of an outsider that other people don’t identify, so a few other punters get knocked out and your prize share would increase for you.
What Happens If My Horse is a Non-Runner in a Jackpot?
If your horse is non-runner your stake will be moved on to the SP favourite.
How Do You Place a Tote Jackpot Bet Online?
Simply head to their official website and click on the Jackpot link. from here you click on your horse selection and these will be added to your bet slip. When you have completed that simply enter your stake.
How Do You Place a Jackpot Bet in a Betting Shop Or On Course?
Interesting Facts about Tote
The Tote was actually created in 1928 by none other than Sir Winston Churchill, who was a huge fan of having a flutter on horse racing as well as a horse owner. Betfred purchased the Tote in 2011 and bought the company out from government ownership and the company continues to go from strength to strength.
Summary of Tote Jackpot
The Tote Jackpot is a hugely popular daily bet in the UK.
The bet is very difficult to win – picking six straight winners is not easy – and for that reasons the payout is good. It is one of a number of popular Tote bets.
For more information and news and views on the world of racing make sure to check out our horse racing blog and follow us on social media.
Please gamble responsibly.
Check out all the related Tote Pool Betting related posts.
- Best Placepot Betting Sites
- Is it better to bet on the Tote?
- The Tote Company
- Today’s Tote Placepot Tips
- Tote Bet 10 Get 30
- Tote Bet 10 Get 40
- Tote Betting App
- Tote Betting Slips
- Tote Cheltenham Betting Offers
- Tote Credit
- Tote Epsom Derby Betting Offers
- Tote Exacta
- Tote Exotic Bets
- Tote Fantasy
- Tote Goodwood Betting Offers
- Tote Grand National Betting Offers
- Tote Guarantee
- Tote Horse Racing
- Tote Jackpot
- Tote Live Streaming
- Tote Payment Methods
- Tote Place
- Tote Placepot
- Tote Placepot 7
- Tote Placepot Insurance
- Tote Plus
- Tote Punchestown Betting Offers
- Tote Quadpot
- Tote Royal Ascot Betting Offers
- Tote Scoop 6
- Tote Sponsorships
- Tote Stayers Club
- Tote Survivor
- Tote Swinger
- Tote Ten To Follow
- Tote Text Betting
- Tote Trifecta
- Tote Welcome Offer
- Tote Win
- Tote World Pool
- Tote York Ebor Betting Offers