If you have won on your Alphabet bet you’ll want to work out what you’ve won – we’ve made that easy with our free, mobile-friendly Alphabet betting calculator.
To calculate your winnings, simply use our free bet calculator below – enter the results of your six selections, preferred odds format, the betting odds and total stake – we’ll then work out your total return and total profits.
Use our Alphabet bet calculator now and work out your winnings:
- 1 How to Use the Alphabet Bet Calculator
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions about an Alphabet Bet
- 4 Summary of the Alphabet Bet and Free Calculator
- 5 Betting Calculators
How to Use the Alphabet Bet Calculator
Here is the step by step guide how to use the Alphabet calculator:
- Select “Alphabet” on the ‘Bet Type’ dropdown
- The ‘Number of Selections’ should default to 6 selections
- Select the ‘Outcome’ for each selection like “Winner”, “Placed”, “Lost”, “Void”, “Non-runner”
- Select the ‘Odds’ for each selection like “2/1”, “11/1”, “15/2”
- Select the ‘Stake’ wagered per bet like “£10”, “£30”, “£50”
- The Alphabet calculator will work out total outlay, total return and total profit
Frequently Asked Questions about an Alphabet Bet
Here are the most popular questions we get asked about an Alphabet bet and the Alphabet bet calculator:
What is an Alphabet Bet?
An Alphabet bet is a bet which consists of six selections.
The ‘Alphabet’ bet name is because there are 26 bets (just like there are 26 letters in the alphabet).
What is the best way to place an Alphabet bet?
The best way to place an Alphabet is to make sure your selections 2,3,4,5 are your best picks.
Selections 1 and 6 in your bet are not included in your Yankee bet and for this reason, you want to make sure selections 2-5 have the highest chance of winning.
How to Place an Alphabet Bet?
Here is a step by step guide on how to place an Alphabet:
- Choose six racehorses or sports events you want to bet on
- Add all six selections to your betting slip
- Look under the ‘multiple’ segment and tick ‘alphabet’
- Enter the sum that you want to stake (bear in mind your stake will be multiplied by 26)
- Double-check your choices and click ‘place bets’
This will obviously require an online betting site account but if you don’t have one you can sign up to one today and advantage of some great offers – check out our pages compare betting sites and the best new betting sites, to find one suitable for your needs, when signing up you will also get free bets and a welcome bonus.
Are Alphabet Bets Worth It?
Alphabet bets are definitely a popular bet and thought worth it by horse racing punters.
The reason alphabets are popular is that usually a race meeting consists of six races and it allows you to have a runner in each race.
Do all Picks Have to Win on an Alphabet?
All picks do not have to win on an Alphabet for you to receive a return.
You only need one winner or even one placed horse if you bet on an each-way Alphabet.
How to Calculate an Alphabet Bet?
The best way to calculate an Alphabet bet is by using our Alphabet betting calculator. As the bet consists of 26 bets then it is very long-winded to manually calculate the winnings of your bets.
The size of the return will hugely depend on the odds of the horses, whether there are any rule 4 deductions, if you have a win or each-way place, and whether you have selected for it to be an equally divided place-place win-win bet.
Which Bookmakers Accept an Alphabet?
Not all major bookmakers accept Alphabets.
If punters add six selections to a betting slip then the following bookies show the chance of placing an alphabet bet:
- William Hill Plus
- Bet 365 horse racing
- Paddy Power racing
- Ladbrokes Betting
- Betfair horse racing multiples
- BetVictor horse racing
If you aren’t already a member check out our independent guides to them, all of them featured in our best horse racing betting sites list.
Summary of the Alphabet Bet and Free Calculator
The alphabet bet calculator is a lifesaver for punters looking to work out their returns on this complicated bet type.
The alphabet calculator can work out all variations from winning, losing and place selections in your betting wallet, showing the total money wagered, total returns and then profit margins.
We always strongly recommend placing bets with bookmakers offering best odds guaranteed when available. The BOG bonus is where you receive the better odds in either the early price you choose vs the SP starting price.
We have created a bet calculator for every type of bet you can place on horse racing, check them out today:
- Accumulator Bet Calculator
- Alphabet Bet Calculator
- Canadian Bet Calculator
- Double Bet Calculator
- Double Stakes About Bet Calculator
- Goliath Bet Calculator
- Goliath Flag Bet Calculator
- Heinz Bet Calculator
- Heinz Flag Bet Calculator
- Lucky 15 Calculator
- Lucky 31 Bet Calculator
- Lucky 63 Bet Calculator
- Patent Bet Calculator
- Round Robin Bet Calculator
- Single Bet Calculator
- Single Stakes About Bet Calculator
- Super Flag Bet Calculator
- Super Heinz Bet Calculator
- Super Heinz Flag Bet Calculator
- Super Yankee Bet Calculator
- Treble Bet Calculator
- Trixie Bet Calculator
- Union Jack Patent Bet Calculator
- Union Jack Round Robin Bet Calculator
- Union Jack Trebles Bet Calculator
- Union Jack Trixie Bet Calculator
- Yankee Bet Calculator
The free bet calculator works on a variety of bet types; just enter your number of selections, unit stake, the results and it will do all the hard work – it will work out your return & total profit.