A Canadian bet is similar to a Yankee. It consists of five selections and 26 different bets. It gives punters a chance to enjoy returns without all of the selections coming in.
So how can you place one of these bets?
The Canadian bet is made up of 10 doubles, 10 trebles, 5 four-folds and 1 five-fold accumulator
The bet seems complex and, in many ways, it is. But it is simple to place online, choose your five games or results that you want to bet and then pick the Canadian bet. It will automatically make it into what we described above.
The Canadian Bet Explained
This type of bet is similar to a Yankee bet and a Lucky 31. The difference is it entails five different selections and a total of 26 bets. It’s also known as a Super Yankee, due to its resemblance and the fact that it offers more bets.
- It has five different betting selections
- In total there will be 26 bets spread across these choices
- The bets are 10 doubles, 10 trebles, 5 four-folds and a five-fold accumulator
This type of punt allows you more chance of winning. It’s more expensive than an accumulator. That’s because of the number of bets, you can easily play around with the stake to ensure it does not exceed the desired total.
If you put on a five-fold and one result loses, then the accumulator is redundant. But if you enjoy a Canadian bet, then you’ll still be able to enjoy great returns. It can be difficult to calculate the amount, due to the variables that occur.
The Super Yankee needs a minimum of two winning choices to guarantee a return.
Each runner has an equal effect on the return from this bet meaning that a single loss can cause a huge impact on the overall winnings.
Like the Lucky 31, The Canadian boasts a range of bookmaker bonuses and since there are a vast variety of outcomes for this bet. Players usually utilise bet calculators to experiment with different selections and returns.
Canadian Bet Returns
As mentioned, manually calculating the returns can be difficult. The returns that are shown when you place the bet are taking into account, the maximum reward.
You only need two successful picks to generate money back. If you want to find out how much you’ve won then you will need to times the odds of each winning bet. You will need to check the winning doubles, trebles, four-folds and accumulator.
- Multiply the odds of the winning doubles. Then do the same for trebles, four-folds and the accumulator.
- You can then add all of the amounts together to total the returns that you’ll profit.
- We recommend calculating this on an official Canadian bet calculator online.
Other Bet Types
Here is the full list of horse racing betting types:
- 10Bet Best Odds Guaranteed
- 888 Best Odds Guaranteed
- Ante Post Betting
- Best Odds Guaranteed Bookies
- Bet365 Best Odds Guaranteed
- Betfred Money Back 2nd
- BetVictor Best Odds Guaranteed
- Betway Best Odds Guaranteed
- Boylesports Best Odds Guaranteed
- Coral Fallers Insurance
- Each Way Bet
- Greyhound Bet Types
- Horse Racing Bet Types
- Horse Racing Types
- How to Place a Bet
- Ladbrokes Best Odds Guaranteed
- MansionBet Best Odds Guaranteed
- Marathonbet Best Odds Guaranteed
- Paddy Power Money Back 2nd
- Skybet Best Odds Guaranteed
- Sportnation Best Odds Guaranteed
- Starting Price Betting
- The Tote Placepot
- Tote Exacta
- Tote Jackpot
- Tote Quadpot
- Tote Trifecta
- Totesport Best Odds Guaranteed
- What is a Canadian Bet?
- What is a Double Bet?
- What is a Goliath Bet?
- What is a Heinz Bet?
- What is a Lucky 15 Bet?
- What is a Lucky 31 Bet?
- What is a Lucky 63 Bet?
- What is a Patent Bet?
- What is a Round Robin Bet?
- What is a Single Bet?
- What is a Super Heinz Bet?
- What is a Super Yankee Bet?
- What is a Treble Bet?
- What is a Trixie Bet?
- What is a Union Jack Bet?
- What is a Yankee Bet?
- William Hill Best Odds Guaranteed
How to Place a Canadian Bet
As complicated as it sounds, it’s actually a very easy bet to place. It’s a thrilling one due to the chances of winning.
Follow these simple steps when placing a bet of this nature.
- Find the five selections you wish to place. Add them to your betslip.
- Enter the stake in the Canadian box under multiple bets.
- Confirm the bet. It’s that simple!
So now you know how a Canadian bet works, why not try it next time you’re betting on sports?