The Celebration Mile is a Group 2 race for three-year-olds and upwards at Goodwood in late August.
It is a recognised trial for the Group 1 Queen Elizabeth II Stakes at Ascot with Poet’s Voice (2010) being the most recent hose to win both races.
Other notable winners of this race include Brigadier Gerard (1971), Kris (1979), Selkirk (1992), Mark of Esteem (1996) and Raven’s Pass (2008).
Find out more about the Celebration Mile:
- 1 Race Overview
- 2 Celebration Mile Odds
- 3 Celebration Mile Tips
- 4 Celebration Mile Previous Winners
- 5 Celebration Mile Previous Result
- 6 Famous Celebration Mile Winners
- 7 Key Celebration Mile Trials
- 8 Celebration Mile Betting Trends
- 9 Celebration Mile – Top Trainers and Jockeys
- 10 Best Celebration Mile Betting Sites
- 10.1 Betfred Horse Racing
- 10.2 Sky Bet Horse Racing
- 10.3 bet365 Horse Racing
- 10.4 BoyleSports Horse Racing
- 10.5 BetVictor Horse Racing
- 10.6 William Hill Horse Racing
- 10.7 Tote Horse Racing
- 10.8 Betfair Horse Racing
- 10.9 Coral Horse Racing
- 10.10 Paddy Power Horse Racing
- 10.11 Ladbrokes Horse Racing
- 10.12 Virgin Bet Horse Racing
- 10.13 Unibet Horse Racing
- 10.14 Spreadex Betting App
- 10.15 Betway Horse Racing
- 10.16 LiveScore Bet Horse Racing
- 10.17 Mr Play Sport
- 10.18 Parimatch Horse Racing
- 11 Popular Questions
- 12 Summary of Celebration Mile
- 13 Related August Articles
- 14 Resources
The Celebration Mile is a Group 2 flat racing competition for horses aged three and up contested in the United Kingdom. It takes place every year in late August at Goodwood on a one-mile course.
Check out our guides to all the other Group 2 horse races.
Celebration Mile Odds
Here are the latest odds for the Celebration Mile in 2023:
These odds have not yet been released.
Celebration Mile Tips
Here are some tips for Celebration Mile in 2023:
- 2 points to win for TBC at odds of TBC
- 1 point each way for TBC at odds of TBC
Some of the horses in the Celebration Mile will run in other events later in the year. Stay updated on the horses and place ante-post bets if you want to wager on them.
For racing tips on more races at Goodwood, check out our tips guide.
Celebration Mile Previous Winners
Check out the previous winners below:
|1967||St Chad||3||George Moore||Noel Murless||1:44.00|
|1968||Jimmy Reppin||3||Geoff Lewis||John Sutcliffe, Jr.||1:39.20|
|1969||Habitat||3||Lester Piggott||Fulke Johnson Houghton||–|
|1970||Humble Duty||3||Duncan Keith||Peter Walwyn||1:39.20|
|1971||Brigadier Gerard||3||Joe Mercer||Dick Hern||1:42.10|
|1972||Sallust||3||Joe Mercer||Dick Hern||1:39.40|
|1973||Jacinth||3||John Gorton||Bruce Hobbs||–|
|1974||Pitcairn||3||Ron Hutchinson||John Dunlop||–|
|1975||Gay Fandango||3||Pat Eddery||Vincent O'Brien||1:42.20|
|1976||Free State||3||Pat Eddery||Peter Walwyn||1:39.40|
|1977||Be My Guest||3||Lester Piggott||Vincent O'Brien||1:46.28|
|1978||Captain James||4||Joe Mercer||Seamus McGrath||1:39.70|
|1979||Kris [a]||3||Joe Mercer||Henry Cecil||1:43.00|
|1980||Known Fact||3||Willie Carson||Jeremy Tree||1:41.32|
|1981||To-Agori-Mou||3||Greville Starkey||Guy Harwood||1:38.60|
|1982||Sandhurst Prince||3||Greville Starkey||Guy Harwood||–|
|1983||Montekin||4||Brian Rouse||John Dunlop||1:39.30|
|1984||Rousillon||3||Greville Starkey||Guy Harwood||1:43.12|
|1985||no race 1985 [b]||–||–||–||–|
|1986||Then Again||3||Greville Starkey||Luca Cumani||1:39.92|
|1987||Milligram||3||Walter Swinburn||Michael Stoute||1:36.80|
|1988||Prince Rupert||4||Michael Hills||Barry Hills||1:41.50|
|1989||Distant Relative||3||Michael Hills||Barry Hills||1:40.08|
|1990||Shavian||3||Steve Cauthen||Henry Cecil||1:37.05|
|1991||Bold Russian||4||Willie Carson||Barry Hills||1:39.33|
|1992||Selkirk||4||Ray Cochrane||Ian Balding||1:41.72|
|1993||Swing Low||4||John Reid||Richard Hannon Sr.||1:38.94|
|1994||Mehthaaf||3||Willie Carson||John Dunlop||1:39.12|
|1995||Harayir||3||Willie Carson||Dick Hern||1:36.73|
|1996||Mark of Esteem||3||Frankie Dettori||Saeed bin Suroor||1:41.18|
|1997||Among Men [c]||3||Michael Kinane||Michael Stoute||1:38.34|
|1998||Muhtathir||3||Richard Hills||John Gosden||1:38.46|
|1999||Cape Cross||5||John Reid||Saeed bin Suroor||1:38.64|
|2000||Medicean||3||Pat Eddery||Sir Michael Stoute||1:38.65|
|2001||No Excuse Needed||3||Kieren Fallon||Sir Michael Stoute||1:38.23|
|2002||Tillerman||6||Richard Hughes||Amanda Perrett||1:38.13|
|2003||Priors Lodge||5||Willie Ryan||Marcus Tregoning||1:37.63|
|2004||Chic||4||Kieren Fallon||Sir Michael Stoute||1:43.22|
|2005||Chic||5||Ryan Moore||Sir Michael Stoute||1:37.89|
|2006||Caradak||5||Frankie Dettori||Saeed bin Suroor||1:37.26|
|2007||Echelon||5||Ryan Moore||Sir Michael Stoute||1:38.97|
|2008||Raven's Pass||3||Jimmy Fortune||John Gosden||1:39.30|
|2009||Zacinto [d]||3||Ryan Moore||Sir Michael Stoute||1:41.54|
|2010||Poet's Voice||3||Frankie Dettori||Saeed bin Suroor||1:39.22|
|2011||Dubawi Gold||3||Richard Hughes||Richard Hannon Sr.||1:39.16|
|2012||Premio Loco||8||George Baker||Chris Wall||1:41.21|
|2013||Afsare||6||Andrea Atzeni||Luca Cumani||1:38.60|
|2014||Bow Creek||3||Joe Fanning||Mark Johnston||1:37.76|
|2015||Kodi Bear||3||Gérald Mossé||Clive Cox||1:39.46|
|2016||Lightning Spear||5||Oisin Murphy||David Simcock||1:35.96|
|2017||Lightning Spear||6||Oisin Murphy||David Simcock||1:38.89|
|2018||Beat The Bank||4||Oisin Murphy||Andrew Balding||1:37.12|
|2019||Duke Of Hazzard||3||Rossa Ryan||Paul Cole||1:37.47|
|2020||Century Dream||6||James Doyle||Simon & Ed Crisford||1:40.38|
|2021||Lavender's Blue||5||Rob Hornby||Amanda Perrett||1:36.21|
|2022||Jadoomi||4||William Buick||Simon & Ed Crisford||1:40.86|
|2023||Angel Bleu||4||Hector Crouch||Ralph Beckett||1:44.67|
Celebration Mile Previous Result
Check out this result from the Goodwood Racecourse:
Famous Celebration Mile Winners
The Celebration Mile was first run as the Wills Mile in 1967, becoming the Goodwood Mile in 1971 when the legendary Brigadier Gerard was successful. Known simply as “The Brigadier”, the brilliant colt won seventeen of his eighteen races including the 2000 Guineas, Sussex Stakes, Champion Stakes twice, Eclipse Stakes and King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes.
The race became the Waterford Crystal Mile in 1975 and was promoted from Group 3 to Group 2 status two years’ later. Henry Cecil’s Kris was champion miler in 1979 and won here. His other victories included the St James’s Palace Stakes, Sussex Stakes and Queen Elizabeth II Stakes. Other top class winners followed in the 1980’s including Known Fact (1980), To-Agori-Mou (1981), Rousillon (1984) and Milligram (1987).
The race was given its present title in 1989 and the high quality of winners was maintained throughout the nineties with the likes of Selkirk (1992), Harayir (1995) and Mark Of Esteem (1996). Selkirk was rated Europe’s Champion Miler in 1991 and 1992 by Timeform. Harayir won the 1000 Guineas at Newmarket for Major Dick Hern and Mark of Esteem had won the 2000 Guineas prior to his victory at Goodwood.
Chic became the first dual winner in 2004 and 2005, trained by Sir Michael Stoute. His achievement was later matched by David Simcock’s Lightning Spear (2016, 2017). 2008 winner Raven’s Pass was the first English-trained winner of the Grade 1 Breeders’ Cup Classic. He beat old rival and 2000 Guineas winner Henrythenavigator in the process. The two horses clashed five times that season, memorably fighting out the finish of the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes where Raven’s Pass emerged victorious for the first time.
Key Celebration Mile Trials
Course form at Goodwood is a key factor for Celebration Mile winners. Eight of the last twelve winners ran at the Sussex course on their previous start. Three contested the Sovereign Stakes with two winning and one placed. Three ran in the Thoroughbred Stakes (two winners) and two ran in the Group 1 Sussex Stakes.
The Queen Elizabeth II Stakes at Ascot is often the target for Celebration Mile winners. Four of the last twelve winners ran in that race next time, although only Poet’s Voice (2010) was successful. Bow Creek (2014) won the Boomerang Mile at Leopardstown next time while Century Dream (2020) finished fifth in the same race.
Celebration Mile Betting Trends
There have been five winning favourites in the Celebration Mile in the past twelve years. Kodi Bear (2015) was the shortest-priced winner at 4-5, Lightning Spear returned at Evens in 2017 while Afsare (2013) and Beat The Bank (2018) both returned at 11-8. Century Dream (2020) won as the 11-4 favourite for Simon and Ed Crisford and James Doyle. All but two of the twelve featured in the first three in the betting. The two shock results were provided by Premio Loco in 2012 and Lavender’s Blue in 2021, both returned at 20-1.
Three-year-olds have accounted for five of the last twelve winners, the most recent being Duke Of Hazzard in 2019. Premio Loco bucked most trends when winning this race as an eight-year-old for Chris Wall and George Baker.
Lavender’s Blue (106) and Bow Creek (108) were the only winners officially rated lower than 111. Four horses share the highest officially rated winner on 117; Dubawi Gold (2011), Kodi Bear (2015), Lightning Spear (2016, 2017) and Beat The Bank (2018).
Celebration Mile – Top Trainers and Jockeys
Sir Michael Stoute is the leading trainer in the history of the Celebration Mile with eight winners; Milligram (1987), Among Men (1997), Medicean (2000), No Excuse Needed (2001), Chic (2004, 2005), Echelon (2007) and Zacinto (2009). Saeed bin Suroor has won the race four times, most recently with Poet’s Voice in 2010.
Three jockeys share the record of four winners in the race; Joe Mercer, Willie Carson and Greville Starkey. Oisin Murphy won the race for three consecutive seasons aboard Lightning Spear (2016, 2017) and Beat The Bank (2018). Ryan Moore and Frankie Dettori also have three victories apiece, although they have not won since 2009 and 2010 respectively.
Best Celebration Mile Betting Sites
The Celebration Mile has been won by some champion milers over the years and always produces a thrilling race against the backdrop of the Sussex Downs. It usually pays to follow the form and it can provide clues to the big Autumn mile races.
Here are the most popular free bets for Celebration Mile betting:
- Betfred is the best horse racing website in many people’s opinion. This is because Betfred offer great betting bonuses, superb betting odds, deals for new and existing punters as well as fantastic customer service. All these criteria make Betfred one of the leading horse betting sites year after year. As well as offering Betfred best odds guaranteed, live streaming, cash out and more, their betting app is one of the easiest to use. Find out more about betting with Betfred by reading our full detailed guide about why Betfred is so good. Check out their new customers or sign up offer offer today and find out why it is one of the best horse racing bookmakers in the UK.
New 18+ UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. #AD Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Sky Bet are a top UK bookmaker that has great coverage of UK & Irish racing – as well as football and other popular sports. Sky Bet is known for having a great betting app, as well as an easy-to-use website, which is why its popularity is ever-growing with punters. The other benefits of betting via Sky Bet are great odds, a good selection of deposit options, lots of different sports to choose from and great Sky Bet customer service. If you are looking to sign up for Sky Bet then check out our Sky Bet review today – could they be a new bookmaker for you? Also, take a look at their new customers offer below, whilst they often have great racing promotions on a daily basis for existing customers. Sky Bet are one of the best horse racing betting site options around.
NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY. FIRST SINGLE & E/W BET ONLY. 5P MINIMUM STAKE. 3 X £10 BET TOKENS. FREE BET STAKES NOT INCLUDED IN RETURNS. FREE BETS EXCLUDE VIRTUALS. FREE BETS ARE NON WITHDRAWABLE. NO FREE BET EXPIRY. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS AND FURTHER T&CS APPLY. #AD 18+. BEGAMBLEAWARE.ORGFull T&C's Apply
- bet365 has been voted the best horse racing website and betting app by our followers for the past 2 years. bet365 retained its crown as Bookmaker of the Year at the 2023 UK Bookmakers Awards. The Stoke-based firm has now won the award for a record-breaking eight consecutive years. It is praised for its ease of use, live streaming, customer service and the way it looks after existing bet365 customers. bet365 is a personal favourite of the teams here and they invest a lot into British racing. Check out their new customer offer (sign-up offer) today which is one of the most generous around. Find out more about bet365 today by reading our review, highlighting why they are one of the best horse racing bookmakers in the UK, offering a great betting experience time after time.
Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets for new customers at bet365.Full T&C's Apply
Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. #AD Registration required.
- BoyleSports is a top-ranked betting site for horse racing. This market-leading Irish bookmaker has a range of brilliant perks that make it stand out from other leading Irish and UK bookmakers. Boylesports does a brilliant job of looking after their current customers, as well as offering some amazing sign-up bonuses for new customers. Boylesports has a range of great shops but it’s their easy-to-use Boylesport betting app that deserves the most praise; you can deposit and withdraw with ease, bet on a full range of sports and live stream. Find out more about this number 1 ranked Irish bookmaker and check out their new customer offer today and why they are one of the best horse racing bookmakers in the UK, offering a great betting experience time after time on UK and Irish races.
New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min Deposit £10. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Account & Payment method restrictions apply. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. #AD T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- BetVictor is a top betting site with many loyal punters staying with them year after year. This is because BetVictor punters love the BetVictor betting website and BetVictor betting app, rating them as one of the top horse racing betting sites. The reasons that people have continued to rank BetVictor as number one is a host of reasons including the great BetVictor BOG, live streaming and excellent betting tips. If you haven’t checked out BetVictor we recommend following our links where you can check out their new customer offer today which is valid with any new account being registered (valid for new customers online). BetVictor also has great loyalty rewards another reason for great retention and happiness.
18+ New Customers only. Opt in, bet £20 on Horse Racing, 1/1+ odds in 7 days, no cash out. Get £40 in Free Bets on set markets valid 7 days. Debit Card / Apple Pay payments only. begambleaware.org | Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- William Hill is one of the best horse racing bookies in the UK and William Hill is one of our favourites. William Hill are rated so highly by punters for many reasons and the fact they have been around so long is a testimony to how well-trusted and respected they are. The best things about William Hill horse racing include superb odds, in-depth race analysis, best odds guaranteed, William Hill live streaming and betting markets on a full range of sporting events. Find out more about William Hill horse racing in our independent reviews of this top-rated British betting site and also check out their new customers offer today. As one of the best horse racing bookmakers in the UK, William Hill offer a great betting experience time after time. They often have great racing promotions as well as large sports markets and casino games for new and existing customers.
18+. Play Safe. From 00:01 on 18.10.2022. £30 bonus. New customers only. Minimum £10 stake on odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on sportsbook (excluding Virtual markets). Further terms apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- Tote is one of the best betting sites in the UK and is growing in popularity. With constantly updated and exciting new betting promotions like Tote Plus, its racing pool bet and Tote’s SP Guarantee, it is no surprise that shrewd horse racing fans have voted Tote the number one horse racing betting site again this month. Tote maintains a great presence on UK racecourses, whilst their sleek online betting website and the Tote app display a range of reasons why punters love the Tote, including great odds, live streaming, the infamous Tote Placepot at all meetings, and a variety of payment options. Find out more about why Tote horse racing is one of the best ways to bet on racing in the UK and Ireland and why Tote is the current top-rated sports betting app by our users. Also check out their new customer offer (welcome bonus or sign-up offer) today, valid for new customers online. They also have great loyalty rewards for existing customers. One of the best horse racing betting site options around.
New customers online only. £/€10 min stake (if EW then min £/€10 Win + £/€10 Place). Receive £/€30 Tote Credit within 48 hours of qualifying bet settlement. 7 day expiry. Qualifying bet is the first racing pool bet added to the bet-slip. 18+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleaware.org. #AD Full T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Betfair Sportsbook is one of the biggest and best betting companies in the world for placing bets online. Betfair is a number-one rated website for sports betting due to the many top perks offered; what you would expect from a leading UK bookie. These include Betfair live streaming, Betfair best odds, cash-out options and a full range of deposit and withdrawal options. Betfair offers a £10 free bet on multiples for customers who place a £10 bet on horse racing multiples on Saturdays. This promotion is particularly beneficial for those who enjoy placing acca bets on horse racing. Year after year, Betfair is rated at the top of many sports betting website lists. Find out why many consider Betfair is the best betting app and website in our full Betfair review. Also, check out their new customer offer today and you’ll see why Batfair remains one of the best horse racing bookmakers in the UK. They are perfect for betting on daily horse racing.
New Customer offer. Place a min £5 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £20 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply. #AD Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- Coral is one of the best, most established and oldest of all UK bookmakers. Coral has stood the test of time and is one of the best online bookmakers, they have been rated the number 1 UK bookmaker many times in our online surveys. Coral has been voted number one by punters and in independent surveys because of their great betting odds, their extensive sports betting markets, BOG promises, Coral live streaming and many features. Find out why Coral is the number one bookie for many daily punters by reading our independent best Coral horse racing betting review. Also, check out their new customer offer today – as one of the best UK betting sites in the UK – it’s a good one. Customers making a first deposit can take advantage of the offer today which is great for new customers.
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 1x £20 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. #AD Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Paddy Power is one of the best online and high-street bookmakers in the UK & Ireland. Many punters love Paddy Power not just for great odds, racing coverage, Paddy Power best odds guaranteed, Paddy Power cash out betting and deposit options but also because of their quirky and brilliant Paddy Power TV ads. Find out why Paddy Power is rated the top Irish betting site by punters year after year by both Irish punters and those across the UK. Check out the Paddy Power new customer offer today, as one of the best UK betting sites in the UK it’s a good one, valid with any new account being registered. Read more about the Paddy Power welcome bonus today.
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any Football market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion. #AD T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Ladbrokes is rated the best UK betting site time after time in many independent sports betting website reviews. It is easy to see why Ladbrokes is rated so highly for horse racing and sports betting, and Ladbrokes are firmly established as one of the best horse racing betting sites, offering everything you would expect from a trusted bookmaker but also keeping itself fresh. If you are looking for a new betting platform or betting app, Ladbrokes are a great choice. Ladbrokes provides bettors with an odds boosts so that they can enhance the prices of their selections. The specific perks of Ladbrokes including Ladbrokes BOG, live streaming and more in our review, where we highly recommend Ladbrokes for all sports betting. Check out the Ladbrokes new customer offer today – listed below – and enjoy horse race betting with this world leader. One of the best horse racing betting site options around.
18+ New UK+IRE Customers only. Certain deposit methods & bet types excl. Min first £/€5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 to get 4x £/€5 free bets. Free bets available to use on selected sportsbook markets only. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. #AD Restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Virgin Bet is one of the top horse racing betting sites so if you are looking for a new betting site we strongly recommend them. Virgin Bet has the range of brilliant features you would expect from all the top-rated UK betting sites, this means Virgin Bet have great odds, live streaming, a range of sports marketing markets and even cash-out options. Virgin Bet covers sports such as racing, football, rugby, boxing and tennis. To find out more about why Virgin Bet is also one of the best online bookies in the UK read our review, where we focus on all of their sports betting options, where you can also check out their new customer and new customers offer options today. Virgin Bet offer a great betting experience time after time so you can place bets safely and easily. A leader in UK horse racing betting.
*New members. £10 min deposit & bet on sportsbook, placed & settled at 1.5 min odds within 14 days of sign-up. Win part of E/W bets. 2 non-withdrawable £10 Free Bet Tokens: accept in 7 days, valid for 7 days from acceptance (ex. E/Ws & Multiples), stakes not returned. Bet Responsibly. #AD BeGambleAware.org. 18+.Full T&C's Apply
- Unibet is one the new and most exciting horse racing betting sites UK-wide. Unibet has been voted the best new UK bookmaker in many recent new betting website lists and betting surveys. We think Unibet are definitely one of the best bookies for online betting for a whole range of reasons; including a big range of payment options, live streaming, and extensive UK, Irish and worldwide racing coverage. Unibet is gathering gaining a lot of new punters and fans who all enjoy its easy-to-use website and outstanding Unibet betting app. For more information about Unibet check out our Unibet review today where we analyse this top betting site in more detail. Be sure to check out their new customer offer today and enjoy horse race betting with this world leader, as well as their large sports markets and casino games. They often have free horse racing bets – terms and conditions apply – so keep your eyes open for those.
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first racing bet loses. Wagering: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Sports bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- The Spreadex Betting app is the best spread betting app in the UK. The spread-betting way of betting is new on the market and is growing in popularity with punters for horse racing and football. The Spreadex betting app is one of the best for sports betting, offering everything a punter would need, for that reason, Spreadex features in all top betting reviews. If you are looking for the best spread betting options you should definitely consider them, they also have some great sign-up offers for new customers. Check out our full review of Spreadex and find out why they are so popular, you can also check out their new customer offer today in more detail.
18+ begambleaware.org. #AD Spread betting losses can exceed deposit.Full T&C's Apply
- Betway is another top UK bookmaker which has made our best online bookie list year after year. Betway is considered a top-rated bookmaker thanks to a range of sports options to bet, great odds, good customer service and a slick betting app interface. Betway has consistently featured in our list of the best online bookmakers and betting apps mainly due to its popularity with its current loyal punters. Betfair have been around for a number of years and it is clear to see where their popularity is so strong as they offer a great betting service on a full range of sports, although they are mainly racing experts. Check out the Betway new customer offer today and see if it could work for you. Highly recommended.
New customers only. Min Deposit: £10. First deposit matched up to £10. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bet. Debit Card deposits only. Deposit method restrictions apply. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered.18+. BeGambleAware.org. #AD Bet The Responsible Way.Full T&C's Apply
- LiveScore Bet is a great sports betting site which offers a range of sporting events to place bets on. LiveScore is one of the best UK bookmakers around. LiveScore is popular with professional and casual punters as it offers great deals to new customers as well as looking after its army of loyal customers. It is worth pointing out that Livescore offers everything you can wish from a number 1 rated website, including great odds, BOG, live streaming and more. If you have never heard of Livescore we highly recommend that you check them out. Read our review of Livescore and make up your own mind and be sure to check out their new customer offer today.
New members. £10 min deposit & bet on sportsbook, placed & settled at 1.5 min odds within 14 days of sign-up. Win part of E/W bets. 2 non-withdrawable £10 Free Bet Tokens: accept in 7 days, valid for 7 days from crediting (ex. E/Ws & Multiples), stakes not returned. **UK and Irish horse racing win/each-way bets placed after 9am on race day. Max enhancement £50k/day. Bet Responsibly. #AD BeGambleAware.org. 18+.Full T&C's Apply
- Mr Play is a betting website with a different and modern approach. Mr Play has become a leading betting website, gaining fans across the UK. Mr Play has been voted the number 1 best new betting app by our fans previously and has been given favourable mentions by independent best betting site review sites, including the Independent betting review, Gambling.com best betting sites review, OLBG betting site list and more. It has received positive reviews for its easy-to-use interface, great odds, great sports betting markets and range of bet options. If you are interested in Mr Play betting website, check out their new customer offer today.
18+, Welcome Bonus: New Players only, 1st Deposit, Min Deposit: £10, max £15 bonus, valid for 14 days, bets must be placed at a min. odds of 1/1 (2.00) or greater and be settled within 14 days of placement. #AD System bets no eligible.Full T&C's Apply
- Parimatch is a great sports betting brand with a full range of online betting markets for hundreds of horse racing events in the UK and abroad. Parimatch is one of the best new online bookmakers for many reasons, they have great new Parimatch customer offers, great odds, live streaming and a good tipping service. If you are looking to find out more about the Parimatch betting app or Parimatch website, check out our independent review, we look at all the factors that make this new bookmaker a leading UK betting site. Check out their new customer offer today and you can experience the great betting service that they offer.
18+ New Customers Only. Opt-in, bet on Horse Racing within 7 days of registration. Get your stake refunded up to £30 in Free Bets for set markets if your bet loses (odds 3.00+). Free bets expire in 7 days. Card payments only. Offer valid from 16:00 UK time 04/08/2023. begambleaware.org | #AD Please Gamble ResponsiblyFull T&C's Apply
When does the Celebration Mile take place?
The Celebration Mile takes place in late August.
Where is the Celebration Mile held?
The Celebration Mile is held at Goodwood Racecourse.
What distance is the Celebration Mile?
The Celebration Mile is exactly 1 mile long.
Summary of Celebration Mile
We hope you enjoyed our guide to the Celebration Mile.
- Acomb Stakes
- Celebration Mile
- City of York Stakes
- Ebor Handicap
- Flame Of Tara Stakes
- Futurity Stakes
- Galtres Stakes
- Galway Mile Handicap
- Gimcrack Stakes
- Glorious Stakes
- Goodwood Cup
- Gordon Stakes
- Great St. Wilfrid Stakes
- Great Voltigeur Stakes
- Horse Racing In August
- Hungerford Stakes
- Irish Cambridgeshire Handicap
- Juddmonte International Stakes
- King George Stakes
- Kingdom Gold Cup Handicap
- Lennox Stakes
- Lillie Langtry Stakes
- Lonsdale Cup
- Lowther Stakes
- March Stakes
- Molecomb Stakes
- Nassau Stakes
- Nunthorpe Stakes
- Oak Tree Stakes
- Phoenix Stakes
- Prestige Stakes
- Rose of Lancaster Stakes
- Stewards Cup
- Supreme Stakes
- Sussex Stakes
- Sweet Solera Stakes
- Thirsk Summer Cup
- Thoroughbred Stakes
- Vintage Stakes
- Winter Hill Stakes
- Yorkshire Oaks