The Group 1 Diamond Jubilee Stakes is the sprint championship race for older horses at Royal Ascot and attracts a truly international field.
Australian superstar Black Caviar was the most famous winner, a narrow winner in 2012 and eventually retired unbeaten in 25 starts. Other notable winners include Danehill (1989), Choisir (2003), Cape of Good Hope (2005) and Blue Point (2019).
Find out more about the Diamond Jubilee Stakes:
- 1 The Race – Diamond Jubilee Stakes
- 2 Famous Diamond Jubilee Stakes Winners & History
- 3 Key Diamond Jubilee Stakes Trials
- 4 Diamond Jubilee Stakes Betting Trends
- 5 Diamond Jubilee Stakes Odds
- 6 Diamond Jubilee Stakes Tips
- 7 Diamond Jubilee Stakes Stats
- 8 Top Trainers and Jockeys
- 9 Betting on the Diamond Jubilee Stakes
- 9.1 bet365 Royal Ascot Offer
- 9.2 Betfred Royal Ascot Offer
- 9.3 William Hill Royal Ascot Offer
- 9.4 Unibet Royal Ascot Offer
- 9.5 Betfair Royal Ascot Offer
- 9.6 888sport Royal Ascot Offer
- 9.7 BetVictor Royal Ascot Offer
- 9.8 Coral Royal Ascot Offer
- 9.9 Ladbrokes Royal Ascot Offer
- 9.10 Parimatch Royal Ascot Offer
- 9.11 Paddy Power Royal Ascot Offer
- 9.12 Betway Royal Ascot Offer
- 10 Popular Questions
- 11 Summary
- 12 2022 Royal Ascot Festival Posts
The Race – Diamond Jubilee Stakes
The Diamond Jubilee Stakes is the feature race on the final day (Saturday) of Royal Ascot. It is a straight six furlong dash and one of the most prestigious sprint races in the world. With runners from as far afield as America, Australia and Hong Kong, it takes a high class sprinter to take this valuable prize.
Famous Diamond Jubilee Stakes Winners & History
The Diamond Jubilee Stakes was originally run as the All-aged Stakes in 1868 with victory going to Laneret. A horse called Prince Charlie won the race for three successive seasons from 1872 to 1874, a feat which has yet to be matched. The race was renamed the Cork & Orrery Stakes in 1926 with and classed at Group 3 level when race grading was introduced in 1971.
It was upgraded to Group 2 in 1998 and finally to Group 1 in 2002 when it became the Golden Jubilee Stakes. The final name change commemorated the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II in 2012. The race was closed to three-year-olds in 2015 when the Commonwealth Cup was created specifically for their age group.
This race has become a popular target for overseas raiders since the Australian-trained Choisir broke the mould in 2003. Two years’ later it was Hong Kong-based Cape of Good Hope who took the prize for Trainer David Oughton.
The biggest star name to challenge for the Diamond Jubilee Stakes was Black Caviar in 2012. Royal Ascot was fortunate to host two world champion racehorses that year. Frankel was sublime in the Queen Anne Stakes but Black Caviar’s supporters had to survive an anxious wait before the photograph revealed that she had held on by a head from Moonlight Cloud.
America added their name to the winner’s list in 2015 when Frankie Dettori drove out Undrafted to win for Wesley Ward. He beat Australian hope Brazen Beau by half a length. Blue Point was a winner for the home team in 2019, following up his victory in the King’s Stand Stakes four days’ earlier. In doing so, he emulated the achievement of Choisir and was made Cartier Champion Sprinter of the year.
Key Diamond Jubilee Stakes Trials
Surprisingly, the King’s Stand Stakes held over five furlongs earlier at the Royal meeting has provided six previous winners of the Diamond Jubilee. That race is sometimes a first option for International raiders and, if they don’t appear to have taken much out of themselves, they take their chance in Saturday’s big race. Other useful form guides include the Duke of York Stakes at York’s May meeting and the Greenlands Stakes at the Curragh. Previous form at Ascot is also a positive, particularly horses that have run in this race in earlier seasons.
Diamond Jubilee Stakes Betting Trends
The Diamond Jubilee results cover the complete range from Black Caviar’s win as the 1-6 favourite to shock 33-1 winners Les Arcs (2006) and Kingsgate Native (2008). Besides Black Caviar, favourites have a moderate record with only Slade Power (2014), Blue Point (2019) and Dream of Dreams (2021) starting outright market leaders in the last twenty years.
Punters suffered a torrid time in this race for several seasons with a series of shock results. Art Connoisseur (2009) returned at 20-1 and Society Rock (2011) sprang a 25-1 surprise. Some confidence has since been restored with the last five winners starting either first or second favourite.
Diamond Jubilee Stakes Odds
Here are the latest odds for the Diamond Jubilee Stakes in June 2023:
- The odds for this race have not yet been released.
Diamond Jubilee Stakes Tips
Here are some tips for Diamond Jubilee Stakes in June 2023:
2 points to win for TBC at odds of TBC
1 point each way for TBC at odds of TBC
Several of the horses running in the Diamond Jubilee Stakes will also feature in other races throughout the year. Keep a very close eye on the horses and place your ante-post bets after you’ve seen how they perform.
Diamond Jubilee Stakes Stats
Horses aged four and five have dominated the Diamond Jubilee in recent years. Merchant Navy (2018) was allowed to compete as a three-year-old because he was born in the Southern Hemisphere. Dream Of Dreams (2021) won as a seven-year-old having gone agonisingly close when runner-up in 2019 and 2020.
Fourteen of the last nineteen winners had previously won at least one Group race. An official rating of 114 or higher is typically required to win this race. Lethal Force (111 in 2013) and Society Rock (112 in 2011) were just below this mark. Black Caviar came into the race with an official rating of 132.
Top Trainers and Jockeys
No Trainer has managed to dominate this race in recent years with a wide spread of successful yards across the racing world The record of five winners is still held by Vincent O’Brien who was won here for the final time with College Chapel in 1993. The horse was ridden by Lester Piggott who rode a remarkable ten winners in this event, including two-time winner Right Boy (1958, 1959).
James Fanshawe has trained the winner twice with Society Rock (2011) and The Tin Man (2017). Ryan Moore has won the Diamond Jubilee Stakes three times in the last six years with Twilight Son (2016), Merchant Navy (2018) and Dream of Dreams (2021).
Betting on the Diamond Jubilee Stakes
There is a strong ante-post market for the Diamond Jubilee Stakes. This is the main summer target for the leading six furlong sprinters so running plans are usually stated well in advance. One word of caution is to be wary of sprinters who don’t act on soft ground as there have been late withdrawals as a result of wet weather in recent seasons.
The July Cup is often the next objective for the winner here. Six of the last twelve winners have headed to Newmarket and three of them were successful; Starspangledbanner (2010), Lethal Force (2013) and Slade Power (2014).
- New customers for Royal Ascot at bet365 can claim the Bet of £10 & Get £50 Free Bets sign-up offer. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits for Royal Ascot Festival
- The bet 10 get 60 pounds in betting bonuses is a popular 2022 Royal Ascot offer for new punters looking to wager on the Royal Ascot Festival races
New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required.Full T&C's Apply
- William Hill’s latest promo is bet £10 get £30 in free bets, an excellent bookies offer for the big races at The Royal Ascot 2022
New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- The new sign up offer from Unibet is one of the best new promotions to take advantage of for The Royal Ascot Festival in 2022, bet £10 to receive £40 in free bets
18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first racing bet loses. Wagering: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Sports bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. Full T&Cs apply. #ADFull T&C's Apply
- Betfair’s free bet bonus is one to take a look at for The 2022 Royal Ascot, offering a totally free £30 bet, available to use for both the Betfair exchange and sportsbook
New Customer offer. Place a min £10 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £30 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- With their latest promo, 888 sport’s offer gets new customers 30 pounds when they bet 10, making it a great bonus to make the most of for the races
New customers only – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F – A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market – Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) – Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days – Free bet stakes not included in returns – Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- One of the best sign up offers for Royal Ascot, this BetVictor promo of bet 10 get 40 is perfect for new customers wanting to place a bet on the horses
18+ New customers only. Deposit, opt in and place a £10 qualifying bet on Horse Racing at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 3x £10 Horse Racing Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater. Plus, a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw a max of £250. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full T&C's Apply
- Coral’s newest sign up deal for Royal Ascot is for the value of 20 pounds in free bets, a betting offer that’s perfect for those wanting a bet on the big races
18+ Eligible UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + T&Cs apply.Full T&C's Apply
- This bookmakers new promotion is ideal for the horse racing, proving 20 pounds in free bets when you place 5 as a new customer, perfect for The Royal Ascot!
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply.Full T&C's Apply
- Parimatch have a new welcome offer of £30 in free bets when you bet £5, which is a great promo to make the most of for The Royal Ascot
18+ New Customers opt in, deposit and bet £5 at odds 2.00+ on Horse Racing within 7 days of registration; excludes cashed out bets. Get 3x £10 Free Bets, set events only at odds 2.00+. Free Bets expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs Apply, see below. | begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsiblyFull T&C's Apply
- Paddy Power are known for their terrific betting offers, and their latest promotion gives customers 10 pound back as cash if the bet doesn’t win!New Customer Offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £10. Only deposits made using cards will qualify for this promotion.Full T&C's Apply
- For a brilliant new customer offer for the horse racing, betway’s up to £10 in free bets is an excellent choice
New UK customers only. £10 Min Deposit. 100% matched free bet on your first deposit of £10. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bets. Debit Card deposits only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way.Full T&C's Apply
What time is the Diamond Jubilee Stakes?
The Diamond Jubilee Stakes takes place at 4:20 pm.
What is the distance of the Diamond Jubilee Stakes?
The Diamond Jubilee Stakes is 6 furlongs long.
Where does the Diamond Jubilee Stakes take place?
The Diamond Jubilee Stakes is the highlight of the last of five days of top class action at Royal Ascot. This is a real International event with big name stars from across the globe clashing with the best sprinters from Britain and Ireland.
2022 Royal Ascot Festival Posts
Here are all the related articles to the Royal Ascot Festival 2022:
- 888sport Royal Ascot
- Albany Stakes
- Ascot Gold Cup
- Ascot Racecourse
- Ascot Stakes
- bet365 Royal Ascot
- Betfair Royal Ascot
- Betfred Royal Ascot
- BetVictor Royal Ascot
- Betway Royal Ascot
- Britannia Stakes
- Buckingham Palace Stakes
- Chesham Stakes
- Commonwealth Cup
- Copper Horse Stakes
- Coral Royal Ascot
- Coronation Stakes
- Coventry Stakes
- Diamond Jubilee Stakes
- Duke of Cambridge Stakes
- Duke of Edinburgh Stakes
- Golden Gates Stakes
- Hampton Court Stakes
- Hardwicke Stakes
- Jersey Stakes
- Kensington Palace Stakes
- King Edward VII Stakes
- King George V Stakes
- King's Stand Stakes
- Ladbrokes Royal Ascot
- Norfolk Stakes
- Paddy Power Royal Ascot
- Palace of Holyroodhouse Stakes
- Parimatch Royal Ascot
- Prince of Wales’s Stakes
- Queen Alexandra Stakes
- Queen Anne Stakes
- Queen Mary Stakes
- Queen's Vase
- Ribblesdale Stakes
- Royal Ascot
- Royal Ascot Betting Offers
- Royal Ascot Day 1 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 2 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 3 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 4 Tips
- Royal Ascot Day 5 Tips
- Royal Hunt Cup
- Sandringham Handicap
- St James's Palace Stakes
- Unibet Royal Ascot
- William Hill Royal Ascot
- Windsor Castle Stakes
- Wokingham Stakes
- Wolferton Stakes
If you do choose to bet, please bet responsibly.